TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 180 of 413 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 9,000 of 20612

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Craftsman
    Finally got a rubber strap for my black bay bronze
    Thank you scurfawatches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up this tasty Seiko Marinemaster today, popped it straight onto a spare mesh and it looks cracking. Strange that I wasn't even looking to buy one but hey, you know how this hobby goes!

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Not a watch...a clock

I have been humming and hawing about purchasing one of these for months and finally took the plunge at the weekend. Bought from Julian Kampmann @ Poljot24 NOS AY-C1M cockpit clock as used in assorted Soviet aircraft including MIG-29 from 1950's until surprisingly recently. Apparently straight copy of LeCoultre "Chronoflight" cockpit clock from the 1930's.

Makes for an interesting desk clock IMO.
    Usual first rate service from Julian BTW.

A

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post
    I have been humming and hawing about purchasing one of these for months and finally took the plunge at the weekend. Bought from Julian Kampmann @ Poljot24 NOS AY-C1M cockpit clock as used in assorted Soviet aircraft including MIG-29 from 1950's until surprisingly recently. Apparently straight copy of LeCoultre "Chronoflight" cockpit clock from the 1930's.

A
    Very cool, congrats!

Very cool, congrats!
    Thank you, very pleased with it. . Lots of fun working out the various functions .

A

Craftsman
    Back in a pre-ceramic after a great run of moderns and I just can't explain how good it feels. It joins a line up of the other anniversary models (Sea Dweller and Explorer II) but it feels like a Rolex should, as much as the new models have by a million miles a superior bezel and bracelet I've got that same feeling I've missed since my old 16600 departed.

A great service by Ramsden's of Whitby;

Perfect fit

A big incoming!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Back in a pre-ceramic after a great run of moderns and I just can't explain how good it feels. It joins a line up of the other anniversary models (Sea Dweller and Explorer II) but it feels like a Rolex should, as much as the new models have by a million miles a superior bezel and bracelet I've got that same feeling I've missed since my old 16600 departed.

I'd say its the bezels and cases that ruin the new models.
    Give me a steel bezel any-day ahead of ceramic.
    Great watch btw.

Master
    Local guy had this one for sale, PAM51, serviced this summer. Never had a Panerai, and my wrists are quite on the scrawny side, so the 40mm kind of works. It's still thick and heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post

Nice watch - I looked at it myself when in Whitby recently!

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post

A
    These are cool; mine keeps surprisingly good time. Just got to remember to wind it every day!

Carl makes a really good stand for these (although not at the moment)

https://www.gasgasbones.com/mig-airc...ock-stand.html

Great looking clock aamaci, echo what Ed says about Carl's stands although I went full MiG

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post

Nice! Condition looks good, I know a lot of these ended up being pretty banged up.

Craftsman
    Picked this little beauty up this afternoon

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back in my collect again courtesy of Zelig.

And a photo on the beads of rice from when I originally owned it. Delighted!

Blog Entries

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

... & in the other direction ...

Two happy chappies.

z

Journeyman

My first Rolex. The Sea Dweller 126600

L1170006.jpg

Today, after 2 months on my wrist, I can confidently say I'm amazed.
    There's nothing I don't like about this watch, but I can write pages about what I like. The main reason I picked this watch over the sub is size. At 43mm it beautifully fill my 7.5*» wrist. Lots of presence and punch.
    Let's start from the top side, the Bezel. I love its liquid / wet anthracite appearance that shines and sparkles same way the sapphire crystal does, together they look like if they were made of one single material.
    The Cyclops, it's like a jewel that it does not get in the way at all but whenever you look at the watch under a certain low angle the cyclops looks like a diamond or a water drop on top of that crystal. The magnifying power is so handy and I really can’t understand how or why some criticize Rolex for adding it. If it was not there on those deepsea models that was because Rolex was not technically able of doing it kit because it was a design language. The design language won’t exclude the cyclops in Rolex word, It’s in their DNA.
    Dive a bit more, we get to the Dial. It's matte black but under sunlight it becomes lighter, a dark gray, it complement the silvery look of the steel case and bracelet. The Visibility is indisputable, the blue chromalight is mesmerizing and that red lettering is a small line that makes all the difference.
    The Sea Dweller 126600 is a deep sea diver, so let's dive deeper, right into the Movement. After one week, the watch is almost as accurate as my Apple watch. I'm not a technical guy and my brain gets dazzled by the mere thinking of how these moments can track time so accurately, so I better leave that abyss and resurface, this time at the opposite side of the watch, the Back-Case. I've always wondered why Rolex leave the backcase of most of its models blank, The first time I looked at the back of one of these blank cases I thought it was a fake! Thankfully, with the Sea Dweller, Rolex decided to make it special again by adding a circular line of text on it. This Case back sinks into the wrist making the watch wears much lower, looks slimmer and more comfortable than a normal 14, 15 mm case height. I had it under sweaters, shirts and cuffling, it just goes with anything so so well.
    Moving down north or south of that sexy case we get into the macho aspect of the watch, The 22mm Bracelet. The wide lugs / wide bracelet mix give the watch a great balance, feel, stance and comfort. One of the reason I prefer Rolex over the majority of watch brands is actually its bracelet design. I think that nothing out there beats the oyster or the jubilee design. I was afraid the brushed steel on the Sea Dweller and probably all Rolex divers could feel a bit dull or opaque compared to the polished center links counterpart but I was surprised that the matte shines in a very particular way.
    To the oyster-lock now, what can I say about it, pure genius. The diving extension was taken upon delivery, I was still left with the amazing 20mm glide-lock. Together with the boutique's watchmaker we resized the watch in a way that the glide-lock now sits halfway the adjustable zone. My wrist can get fatter or slimmer as it wishes now, who cares, the glide-lock will get me covered.
    Sorry for the long read.
    Thanks for reading ;-)
    PS: no idea why I don't see the picture I post above but rather it's number only.
    Last edited by Rori; 11th January 2020 at 16:51.

Woah! Longest post ever!

Today an incoming for my wife -- poor pic, apologies. Apple and pecan pancakes also on display and were lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Today an incoming for my wife -- poor pic, apologies. Apple and pecan pancakes also on display and were lovely.
    Very nice. We’re you on hols in Oz?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rori View Post
    L1170006.jpg

Today, after 2 months on my wrist, I can confidently say I'm amazed.
    There's nothing I don't like about this watch, but I can write pages about what I like. The main reason I picked this watch over the sub is size. At 43mm it beautifully fill my 7.5*» wrist. Lots of presence and punch.
    Let's start from the top side, the Bezel. I love its liquid / wet anthracite appearance that shines and sparkles same way the sapphire crystal does, together they look like if they were made of one single material.
    The Cyclops, it's like a jewel that it does not get in the way at all but whenever you look at the watch under a certain low angle the cyclops looks like a diamond or a water drop on top of that crystal. The magnifying power is so handy and I really can’t understand how or why some criticize Rolex for adding it. If it was not there on those deepsea models that was because Rolex was not technically able of doing it kit because it was a design language. The design language won’t exclude the cyclops in Rolex word, It’s in their DNA.
    Dive a bit more, we get to the Dial. It's matte black but under sunlight it becomes lighter, a dark gray, it complement the silvery look of the steel case and bracelet. The Visibility is indisputable, the blue chromalight is mesmerizing and that red lettering is a small line that makes all the difference.
    The Sea Dweller 126600 is a deep sea diver, so let's dive deeper, right into the Movement. After one week, the watch is almost as accurate as my Apple watch. I'm not a technical guy and my brain gets dazzled by the mere thinking of how these moments can track time so accurately, so I better leave that abyss and resurface, this time at the opposite side of the watch, the Back-Case. I've always wondered why Rolex leave the backcase of most of its models blank, The first time I looked at the back of one of these blank cases I thought it was a fake! Thankfully, with the Sea Dweller, Rolex decided to make it special again by adding a circular line of text on it. This Case back sinks into the wrist making the watch wears much lower, looks slimmer and more comfortable than a normal 14, 15 mm case height. I had it under sweaters, shirts and cuffling, it just goes with anything so so well.
    Moving down north or south of that sexy case we get into the macho aspect of the watch, The 22mm Bracelet. The wide lugs / wide bracelet mix give the watch a great balance, feel, stance and comfort. One of the reason I prefer Rolex over the majority of watch brands is actually its bracelet design. I think that nothing out there beats the oyster or the jubilee design. I was afraid the brushed steel on the Sea Dweller and probably all Rolex divers could feel a bit dull or opaque compared to the polished center links counterpart but I was surprised that the matte shines in a very particular way.
    To the oyster-lock now, what can I say about it, pure genius. The diving extension was taken upon delivery, I was still left with the amazing 20mm glide-lock. Together with the boutique's watchmaker we resized the watch in a way that the glide-lock now sits halfway the adjustable zone. My wrist can get fatter or slimmer as it wishes now, who cares, the glide-lock will get me covered.
    Sorry for the long read.
    Thanks for reading ;-)
    PS: no idea why I don't see the picture I post above but rather it's number only.
    Thank you for your review!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Much closer to home -- Cambridge. Place called Fitzbillies.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    A Tag Heuer is not something I've bought for a long time, but I think this model shows that they can on their day produce something worth adding to the collection.

Nowt wrong with a bit of TAG !
    Looks great on the strap.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Been on the wrist since Wednesday, thanks to sish101

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAT2410 View Post
    Been on the wrist since Wednesday, thanks to sish101

That is lovely. Plus a big thank you for buying it. It was hanging around on SC and I was on the verge of PMing Sish a couple times. Happily my watch goals for this year remain intact.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    Full lume NY0040

Journeyman
    Looks stunning on her wrist. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post

Craftsman
    Just one more watch!! As seen on his chanel, never had a gold bling watch.. for some reason I love this .. and not a million pounds either!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    Just one more watch!! As seen on his chanel, never had a gold bling watch.. for some reason I love this .. and not a million pounds either!!!!
    Certainly nice and bright. I had the G-Shock Gold full metal for a while, that was equally in your face as gold watches go. I like it 👍

Sinn T2

This arrived yesterday. I love it, it’s size is taking a bit of getting used to, it wears smaller than I expected, but its a really nice thing.

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    This arrived yesterday. I love it, it’s size is taking a bit of getting used to, it wears smaller than I expected, but its a really nice thing.

Love that! Can be hard to judge how many watches look and wear from the usual camera angles, but that looks better than I imagined it would.

Newmark 71 Blue date #27 all sized and ready for use.

Really impressed with the quality of the bracelet - thought the links would have been solid - really pleased to see how articulated it is and the clasp is nice and secure.

Seems to punch well above its price - great work Ewan

Lume is pretty good too

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Could not shake the idea of the railmaster, and got exceedingly lucky yesterday. This perfectly fills the gap in my collection for a watch that I can grab any time and wear in any situation:

What better way to get through Storm Brendan than this new arrival?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post

What better way to get through Storm Brendan than this new arrival?
    Very nice

Blog Entries
    Always loved Shark Divers and this will be the third. Originally bought the very rare and discontinued 40mm Bronze - all bronze versions have the ETA movement. Then had to buy the stainless steel 42mm with the black dial and bezel with orange indices. That one had the Miyota movement in it. However, sold those during 2019 and have missed them ever since. This is the 45mm version but is an earlier version with the ETA upgrade. For me, the best yet!

Yema Superman "Lagoon" - under £400 for a sleek, retro-diver style auto? Yes please! Wears fairly big for its 39mm, and that's fine.

I find the fit and finish very good. I especially like the way the main case appears held by a "bridge" formed by the lugs. Very neat.

Last edited by earlofsodbury; 14th January 2020 at 17:54.

Master
    The nice DHL man dropped this off this morning.
    I've been looking at them for a while and was kind of hoping the wife caught the hints for xmas but glad she didn't as I found a stonking deal on one on sunday. Was in two minds whether to go for the black dial or blue but think I made the correct choice.
    It wears very small for it's nominal 42mm width, certainly on my monster wrists due to the short lug to lug and height. The dial is a thing of wonder for the price though and although some may not 'get' california dials I just had to have one in the collection.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Artium View Post

Lovely.

What is model number ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Always loved Shark Divers and this will be the third. Originally bought the very rare and discontinued 40mm Bronze - all bronze versions have the ETA movement. Then had to buy the stainless steel 42mm with the black dial and bezel with orange indices. That one had the Miyota movement in it. However, sold those during 2019 and have missed them ever since. This is the 45mm version but is an earlier version with the ETA upgrade. For me, the best yet!

Very nice, I've always fancied giving one of these a try. Seems to be plenty of 40mm kicking about but not the 45mm version so much.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Yema Superman "Lagoon" - under £400 for a sleek, retro-diver style auto? Yes please! Wears fairly big for its 39mm, and that's fine.

I find the fit and finish very good. I especially like the way the main case appears held by a "bridge" formed by the lugs. Very neat.

How do you find the crown action? Mine seems to have no spring and I find it tricky to hit the position 2 'notch' for the date change. Other than that, it all works well and the dial is stunning. I went for the Mysterious Blue

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Lovely.

What is model number ?
    A168WGG-1B

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    How do you find the crown action? Mine seems to have no spring and I find it tricky to hit the position 2 'notch' for the date change. Other than that, it all works well and the dial is stunning. I went for the Mysterious Blue

Love it in that finish - was torn between that and "Lagoon". As for the crown action, yes, I know what you mean, it's slightly slow to latch onto the date change, but IME that's not unique among the watches I own and could be a quirk of whatever movement they use. Enjoy the typically mildly flawed French engineering experience!

This arrived Friday via Chrono24.

It should have come on the bracelet, but the seller is sending that separately now - his cock-up.

Quite like it on the rubber for now though.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Last edited by Artium; 21st January 2020 at 18:03.

In Love..I get the AP thing now...thanks Marc.