closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 169 of 175 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,450 of 8712

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

  1. #8401
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    St. Albans, england
    Posts
    912
    Picked this up on Friday. My second GS and my best by far. The dial is absolutely fantastic. My phone and my photography skills just arenít up to the job of showing it anywhere near itís best



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #8402
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Wow, love that, mesh bracelet, no date, that's on the list!

  3. #8403
    Master senwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,562
    Picked up this afternoon.

    Like it a lot more than I did previously (turned down a few chances over the years).


  4. #8404
    Master Caruso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    1,889
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Arrived yesterday, very much enjoying this one.

    I thought I was going to be the only one on here with one! It's got some nice detailing with the mix of polished and brushed finishes. Plus the quick release springbars were a nice surprise. Shame the movement is so basic.

  5. #8405
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,925
    Quote Originally Posted by David r View Post
    Picked this up on Friday. My second GS and my best by far. The dial is absolutely fantastic. My phone and my photography skills just arenít up to the job of showing it anywhere near itís best



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice indeed. Great on the strap too.

  6. #8406
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. OdiŠxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    7,684
    Blog Entries
    19
    Breitling Evo - Night Mission - has landed


  7. #8407
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Had to actually wait 15 months for it to arrive. Was totally worth it.

    Stunning piece! Congrats! Out of interest why did it take so long to arrive?

  8. #8408
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    17,854
    Quote Originally Posted by neil-c-8 View Post
    Stunning piece! Congrats! Out of interest why did it take so long to arrive?
    I suppose the Baltic Sea was frozen and the freight ship couldn't go?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser - probably not Socrates

  9. #8409
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by neil-c-8 View Post
    Stunning piece! Congrats! Out of interest why did it take so long to arrive?
    New model. Not generally available to high street ADs as yet. The delay is a bit frustrating as thereís a lot of interest in it as a re-issue of a classic Longines design from yesteryear.

  10. #8410
    Craftsman HookedSeven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Fantastic heritage release. The original of this still gives me nightmares since I lost out on one that turned up on Goodwill in the US back in 2015. It was bezel-less and there were only three crappy photos.







    It turned up shorty after on Omega Forums and then after about two years the buyer eventually landed a correct vintage bezel. Must have been a hell of an effort but the result is just spectacular. Absolutely one of my favourite vintage divers.



    Photo credit from MMMD here:

    https://omegaforums.net/threads/new-...ef-6921.33664/

  11. #8411
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    New model. Not generally available to high street ADs as yet. The delay is a bit frustrating as thereís a lot of interest in it as a re-issue of a classic Longines design from yesteryear.
    Theres been one in the window of the Banbury ad for at least 6 weeks. Looks nice, fantastic actually, but the size is a shame. The lug to lug is too large for me.

  12. #8412
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    17,854
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post

    Wooaahhhh.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser - probably not Socrates

  13. #8413
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    158
    I said I was done this year but walking through the airport today I figured it was time for my first speedy....I really have to be done now!

    Last edited by MarkR; 12th November 2019 at 16:56. Reason: picture link

  14. #8414
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Had to actually wait 15 months for it to arrive. Was totally worth it.

    Wow this is so so good

  15. #8415
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Guildford
    Posts
    504
    Just picked this one up this week, 15500 blue dial, it wears bigger than my 15400
    But still bueatiful




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #8416
    Master ~dadam02~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,923
    Blog Entries
    14
    Picked up this '94 Pepsi from a forum member late last week. Condition is incredible, case is super sharp. Need to source a jubilee for it and perhaps some faded inserts but could be a keeper.


  17. #8417
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony E View Post
    Just picked this one up this week, 15500 blue dial, it wears bigger than my 15400
    But still bueatiful




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats on that one. Not easy to get and looks good on you.

  18. #8418
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Guildford
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Picked up this '94 Pepsi from a forum member late last week. Condition is incredible, case is super sharp. Need to source a jubilee for it and perhaps some faded inserts but could be a keeper.

    That is so nice, I regret letting mine go a long time ago.

  19. #8419
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony E View Post
    Just picked this one up this week, 15500 blue dial, it wears bigger than my 15400
    But still bueatiful




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ohh, very very nice. Looks excellent, nice catch👍

  20. #8420
    Craftsman scucivolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    493
    New-ish

    Bought it off a TZer a month or so ago, had to have extensive repair as it was not only never been serviced properly

    ē The rotor was bent inwards which caused the watch to have both mechanical problems, but also, cosmetic, as it started to scratch away the inner case

    ē The bezel at some point was removed and the spring inside was replace for a generic one, which caused the bezel to feel a bit loose. The bezel was also bent, which meant it didn't click properly, as it would just slide away, risking to actually losing it completely.

    ē More minor signs of it needing a complete service

    It had is pros too..

    It has the original hands, bezel insert and dial.. and they all aged beautifully.. a warm cream on the dial and pip insert at 12, and a faded red which turned orange-y on the hands and bezel insert.

    Now..


    Thanks to Mr.Caputo



    All is back to as good as new, all the while keeping its original form a tool watch feeling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #8421
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,566
    Collected this today....first PM piece..👍


  22. #8422
    Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Collected this today....first PM piece..

    Looks good, I imagine it looks fantastic in real life.

  23. #8423
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    28,577
    Oh my god, I LOVE this beautiful little thing!!!


  24. #8424
    Craftsman scucivolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Oh my god, I LOVE this beautiful little thing!!!

    It's beautiful that's way!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #8425
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    55
    Torgoen T5
    GMT Watch
    Ronda 515.24h

  26. #8426
    Master Lammylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    1,985
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Oh my god, I LOVE this beautiful little thing!!!

    As a previous custodian of this watch I can confirm itís a stunner ( I got the hand made Bund strap from The Ukraine, I think it suits if perfectly )

  27. #8427

  28. #8428
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    T'up, North
    Posts
    128





    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  29. #8429
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Good to see it finally on a wrist that is grateful for its unusual diameter - at last it looks truly retro! As I packaged it up, the last thing that caught my eye was that very fine seconds hand murmuring around at a very non-retro 28,800.

  30. #8430
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    55
    I've just gotten myself a asian white chapter ring Nighthawk - BJ7010-16F.
    Should be here in a couple of days.
    328369575_33522d4d-e9ea-47df-93e8-3124e600779b-crop.jpg
    [img]328369575_33522d4d-e9ea-47df-93e8-3124e600779b-crop.jpg[/img]

  31. #8431
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    That's the first time I've seen a Nivrel (?), looks good! What diameter is it?

  32. #8432
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSclavunos View Post
    That's the first time I've seen a Nivrel (?), looks good! What diameter is it?
    Itís 42mm

  33. #8433
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,377
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSclavunos View Post
    That's the first time I've seen a Nivrel (?), looks good! What diameter is it?
    42mm. The Coeur de la Sarre was a limited edition, 200 each of 4 different dial designs. Nivrel was a defunct Swiss brand that was revived by a German family jewellers in Saarbrucken in the 90s. They've done several models that were based on the old company's designs.




  34. #8434
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Aylesbury UK
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post

    image img

    first time wearing this due to bracelet being too small for me, had it a week almost
    They look good on a NATO.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #8435
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Aylesbury UK
    Posts
    16
    Picked this up yesterday. Arrived rather sooner than expected. Seduced by the TT look and blue dial and bezel. The dial does the same tricks with light as the Hulkís green one.

    Very very pleased with it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. #8436
    ^^
    Very nice,Standard. I am glad you didnít call it Bluesy.

  37. #8437
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Standard 5 View Post
    Picked this up yesterday. Arrived rather sooner than expected. Seduced by the TT look and blue dial and bezel. The dial does the same tricks with light as the Hulkís green one.

    Very very pleased with it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beautiful watch

  38. #8438
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    42mm. The Coeur de la Sarre was a limited edition, 200 each of 4 different dial designs. Nivrel was a defunct Swiss brand that was revived by a German family jewellers in Saarbrucken in the 90s. They've done several models that were based on the old company's designs.



    A bit large for my taste, but they really nail the neo-vintage look otherwise.

  39. #8439
    Journeyman Tabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    100
    First purchase from SC (first of many hopefully). This will be going to my father for Christmas but, if he decides he wants something more contemporary, I'll have no issues minding it for him!

  40. #8440
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    50
    Not completely new - had it for a couple of weeks, but it still feels new to me.


  41. #8441
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    28,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    As a previous custodian of this watch I can confirm it’s a stunner ( I got the hand made Bund strap from The Ukraine, I think it suits if perfectly )
    Not really knowing much about military watches, was this one issued? It seems to have all the pertinent numbers and markings in the case back indicating army issue?

    Last edited by learningtofly; 15th November 2019 at 01:09.

  42. #8442
    Craftsman HookedSeven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Not really knowing much about military watches, was this one issued? It seems to have all the pertinent numbers and markings in the case back indicating army issue?

    Yes looks to be a 1979 issued CWC.

  43. #8443
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,931
    This one was made for Finnish Air Force(ILMAVOIMAT) personnel.
    Total of 60 made. Luckily one of them wasnít a watch guy.

  44. #8444
    Journeyman Tabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    100
    Second arrival this week. Steinhart OVR, now paired with a Green Barron strap I picked up from Toddy via SC.

    May go with a darker green strap from strapcode but I'll give it a week on the wrist first.

  45. #8445
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    223
    Love this. I like bi-metals more than SS




    Quote Originally Posted by Standard 5 View Post
    Picked this up yesterday. Arrived rather sooner than expected. Seduced by the TT look and blue dial and bezel. The dial does the same tricks with light as the Hulkís green one.

    Very very pleased with it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  46. #8446
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    South Bucks, UK
    Posts
    130
    Picked this up yesterday.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #8447
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Second arrival this week. Steinhart OVR, now paired with a Green Barron strap I picked up from Toddy via SC.

    May go with a darker green strap from strapcode but I'll give it a week on the wrist first.
    Glad you managed to pick up a Steinhart mate, looks great👍

  48. #8448
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    528
    Brothers!! Mine has an ETA which was a surprise!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  49. #8449
    Journeyman Tabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Glad you managed to pick up a Steinhart mate, looks great
    Cheers! Got her off eBay in nearly new condition.

  50. #8450
    Journeyman Tabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    Brothers!! Mine has an ETA which was a surprise!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks great on the Nato. In my rush to buy it I've not even checked the movement yet! Will have a thumb through the booklet and see what's ticked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •