closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155 LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,700 of 7721

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

  1. #7651
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lincs.
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Picked this up on a whim a couple of weeks ago when Ryan posted that he'd found on in a dealer, would anyone like it?

    Seiko Zimbe SRPD13K



    That looks great , nice colour combination, Cyclops kills it for me though, doesn't belong on a Samurai

  2. #7652
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Sold as faulty, it took me about an hour or so to fix.
    Mid-1980's Casio J-51 'Running Man', I used to have the earlier J-50 and had a hankering for another.
    Watch this space...



    This brings back childhood memories. Had one of these as a kid. Also had the Casio telephone dialler where you held it to the phone and pressed a button and the watch would send the correct dial tone through the phone to dial the number for you.

  3. #7653
    Master Jardine32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    1,051
    Picked this Pogue up last week and have been playing around with different straps. I like it on this Haveston canvas.
    J

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  4. #7654
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    21,210
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Picked this up on a whim a couple of weeks ago when Ryan posted that he'd found on in a dealer, would anyone like it?

    Seiko Zimbe SRPD13K
    Wow, I love that red-black colour scheme.

  5. #7655
    Master tiny73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Back in Blighty
    Posts
    2,857
    Having tried a rose gold Yachtmaster and not really got on with it due to my skin tone and feeling a little ostentatious wearing it I went for an AP ROO in titanium to go with my RO chrono. Went into Blowers for a different SS model and this was there, fresh from an AP service meaning itís pristine.


  6. #7656
    Master tiny73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Back in Blighty
    Posts
    2,857
    Also arrived last week:


  7. #7657
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    413
    My new Hulk.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  8. #7658
    Master bobbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cossethay, England
    Posts
    6,161
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Sold as faulty, it took me about an hour or so to fix.
    Mid-1980's Casio J-51 'Running Man', I used to have the earlier J-50 and had a hankering for another.
    Watch this space...




    And arrived today is the earlier J-50 from 1983.
    Some of the display units are not working, it a strip down and clean of the relevant parts should help.







  9. #7659
    Craftsman RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Having tried a rose gold Yachtmaster and not really got on with it due to my skin tone and feeling a little ostentatious wearing it I went for an AP ROO in titanium to go with my RO chrono. Went into Blowers for a different SS model and this was there, fresh from an AP service meaning itís pristine.

    Very nice, gratz!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #7660
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Having tried a rose gold Yachtmaster and not really got on with it due to my skin tone and feeling a little ostentatious wearing it I went for an AP ROO in titanium to go with my RO chrono. Went into Blowers for a different SS model and this was there, fresh from an AP service meaning itís pristine.

    Thatís really nice, unusual to see a ROO on a bracelet, looks good!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #7661
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kirkliston
    Posts
    27
    Just picked up this absolute stunner this afternoon! Totally in love with this watch!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #7662
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysie8 View Post
    Just picked up this absolute stunner this afternoon! Totally in love with this watch!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats mate! Classic


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  13. #7663
    Master tiny73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Back in Blighty
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    Thatís really nice, unusual to see a ROO on a bracelet, looks good!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I originally went in to look at a SS version on leather and having sourced a bracelet for a previous AP ROO diver I knew just how expensive they are and would always prefer to have the bracelet first and buy alternative straps separately.

    I have the AP deployment as an additional extra on my RO chrono and the ROO straps taper to the same length so theyíre interchangeable. Just waiting for an APbands conversion kit now so I can fit a camo rubber strap to it ☺️

  14. #7664
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,818
    Always had a soft spot for the Sedna Gold version of this and have finally done something about it.


  15. #7665
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Always had a soft spot for the Sedna Gold version of this and have finally done something about it.

    Thatís beautiful 👍

  16. #7666
    Craftsman Wyvern971's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    260
    Looking good, well executed and proportioned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Always had a soft spot for the Sedna Gold version of this and have finally done something about it.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

  17. #7667
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    CUMBRIA
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Always had a soft spot for the Sedna Gold version of this and have finally done something about it.

    Another like from me.



    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  18. #7668
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    2,418
    A different kind of beast for me today !



  19. #7669
    Craftsman Wyvern971's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    260
    I love a nice bit of glass, what's the lens?
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    A different kind of beast for me today !


    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

  20. #7670
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    2,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern971 View Post
    I love a nice bit of glass, what's the lens?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Nikon 200mm f/2


    P.S.
    I don't need fitness membership any more, the lens alone weight 3kg.....

  21. #7671
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Nikon 200mm f/2


    P.S.
    I don't need fitness membership any more, the lens alone weight 3kg.....
    Welcome to my world where i lug around a Nikon 600f4 on a pro body all day. Getting to old for it i think.

  22. #7672
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    1,717
    Posted previously but didn't have a wrist shot...love this and wears so well for 43mm


  23. #7673
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Always had a soft spot for the Sedna Gold version of this and have finally done something about it.

    That is extremely lovely

  24. #7674
    Craftsman Wyvern971's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    260
    Damn and I thought a 70-200 + 24-70 was bad enough
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Welcome to my world where i lug around a Nikon 600f4 on a pro body all day. Getting to old for it i think.
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

  25. #7675
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    3,891
    Completed a trade for this today. This is my second having had the standard black dial, steel watch previously. This is brushed titanium with sunburst blue dial, blue lumed bezel and display back - stunning...
    Last edited by mtagrant; 17th August 2019 at 15:55.

  26. #7676
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    6,891
    Blog Entries
    67
    50 years ago, in 1969, there was a significant event (for me)... I was born. Man also landed on the moon.

    I thought it about time I got one of these...



    Thrilled would be an understatement.

    z

  27. #7677
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    64


    Tickets and visitor guide to NASA Kennedy Space centre from when I visited as a kid in 97, next to my newly arrived speedy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #7678
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Plymouth, Devon
    Posts
    30
    Despatched on Thursday. On route to Cyprus.


    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  29. #7679
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ealing, London
    Posts
    185
    The taste and variety is amazing.. I'm looking at the moment but changed my mind 3 times.. I like it doesn't have to be v expensive to be enjoyed

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

  30. #7680
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ealing, London
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkelly72 View Post
    The taste and variety is amazing.. I'm looking at the moment but changed my mind 3 times with this thread .. I like it doesn't have to be v expensive to be enjoyed

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app


    Sent from my LYA-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

  31. #7681
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kirkliston
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott88 View Post


    Tickets and visitor guide to NASA Kennedy Space centre from when I visited as a kid in 97, next to my newly arrived speedy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congratulations mate! Beautiful!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #7682
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    847


    Sbgm003

  33. #7683
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somerset (U.k )
    Posts
    9,932
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post


    Sbgm003
    That works Alec.

  34. #7684
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    That works Alec.
    Quite pleased with it Ben, the beige stitching goes nicely with the dial and the grey suede softens up the polished steel. Thanks for supplying!

  35. #7685
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Lake District UK
    Posts
    210
    That GS GMT is lovely, absolutely lovely.

  36. #7686
    Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post


    Sbgm003
    Beautiful watch. Tried one before but bit small on my wrist. Looks the right size there.

  37. #7687
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,324
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    50 years ago, in 1969, there was a significant event (for me)... I was born. Man also landed on the moon.

    I thought it about time I got one of these...



    Thrilled would be an understatement.

    z
    I didnít think you were that old mate! Belated congrats on the birthday and cracking choice of watch.

  38. #7688
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    6,891
    Blog Entries
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I didn’t think you were that old mate! Belated congrats on the birthday and cracking choice of watch.
    Thanks !
    As you can testify - I'm a clean living, teetotal sort of chap
    ...so that must account for my apparent youthfulness ?

    z

  39. #7689
    Craftsman Croftrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    538


    Picked this up yesterday after a two year + wait.

    I love the dial which is even more legible to my increasingly blurry vision at the slightly increased size. Itís a great weight and Iím slightly obsessed with the way the bracelet integrates with the lugs. How do we get like this? What a thing to be obsessed about.... but nevertheless I keep looking at that part of the watch in particular. Perfect.

    At 43 mm it is definitely a better fit for my enormous wrists and Iím delighted with that too. And I love that hint of red. Itís beautiful all around. I know the cyclops makes some people grimace but actually I couldnít read the date without it and so itís practical for me, itís that simple. And did I mention the lugs? Awesome.

    The downside? The dive extension. I absolutely hate it. I canít believe itís such a large, visible part of the bracelet. It means that the bracelet doesnít fit my wrist properly because the dive extension is solid and longer than a bracelet link would be and so it creates a immovable part of the bracelet that juts out. This section therefore keeps wanting to flatten itself to my wrist which in turn moves the watch face ever so slightly away from being centralised on my wrist. I realise this is a function of my particular size wrist but when you have a large section of the bracelet that doesnít articulate right next to the large clasp, this creates the problem.

    If I removed it, which I I would LOVE to, the remaining bracelet would be too short so the only way I can cure it is by buying two extra links.The A.D. helpfully suggested that they would order these for me but even though I politely said it seemed a bit much to be charged for two extra bracelets links when you were already playing nine grand for a watch they were immovable about throwing them in for me. 2019 yíall.

    I also feel like it makes the clasp stand slightly further out from my wrist than it does on my deep sea or my GMT. And it clicks. And it Ďdigs iní. And I want to tear it off and set fire to it. Iím taking it very, very well.

    It does mean that Iím having fun at the moment playing with my own emotions. Because when I turn my wrist towards my face the watch makes me smile from ear to ear and then if I turn my wrist over I want to kill everybody in the room. Back and forth. Back and forth. My own personal emotional rollercoaster.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #7690
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    18,915
    #7689
    Well done on having the patience required to acquire the watch you wanted so much,
    also good to hear your positive and negative comments, hopefully you'll get the bracelet adjusted to your liking.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  41. #7691
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    1,087
    ^^
    Just go get the links ordered. Painful to pay the extra but no point not enjoying the watch for what is not that much more (relative to the overall purchase).

  42. #7692
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    1,087
    ^^
    Actually thinking about it I am sure mine came with enough links to directly replace the dive link anyway.
    You should have the same if you directly bought from an AD.

  43. #7693
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,381
    Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    ^^
    Actually thinking about it I am sure mine came with enough links to directly replace the dive link anyway.
    You should have the same if you directly bought from an AD.
    Depending on size of wrist, mine is 7Ē when I removed the dive extension, I still had one link left over in the box..

    Donít forget you still have a fair bit of adjustment on the clasp.

  44. #7694
    Craftsman Croftrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    538
    My wrist is 8 1/2 inches so unfortunately removing the dive extension means I am two or maybe 1 1/2 links short. Typically a completely full length Rolex bracelet just fits me nicely so itís galling that it doesnít in this case due to the design quirk. Itís much better done on the deepsea in my view. The dive extension disappears on that one and isnít a bother.

    I would be very surprised if the majority of people who have the SD43 donít take the dive extension off. Even with a human sized wrist it must be uncomfortable I would guess?

    Of course, I will just suck it up and order extra links. Not the end of the world. Iím over it really. Totally over it. Totally.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #7695
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SE Asia/UK
    Posts
    2,346
    Happy Birthday. I also turned 50 on the 17th. Not sure if you were also on the 17th or that's just the day you posted?

    I opened this this morning due to a long weekend in Amsterdam.








    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    50 years ago, in 1969, there was a significant event (for me)... I was born. Man also landed on the moon.

    I thought it about time I got one of these...



    Thrilled would be an understatement.

    z

  46. #7696
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    28,109
    Beyond delighted to have reacquired my old 7549 Tuna from '78... and a classic SBBN007 too. Thanks Adrian!


  47. #7697
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    6,891
    Blog Entries
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Happy Birthday. I also turned 50 on the 17th. Not sure if you were also on the 17th or that's just the day you posted?

    I opened this this morning due to a long weekend in Amsterdam.





    Happy birthday too... & a great present to celebrate. (Mine was on 16th.)

    z

  48. #7698
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Beyond delighted to have reacquired my old 7549 Tuna from '78... and a classic SBBN007 too. Thanks Adrian!

    Love the yellowed lume on the

  49. #7699
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ealing, London
    Posts
    185
    Stunning watch... That's a lovely way to remember your birthday.. I'm 1972 any memorable watch event for my 50 excuse :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I didnít think you were that old mate! Belated congrats on the birthday and cracking choice of watch.
    Sent from my LYA-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

  50. #7700
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Croftrock View Post
    My wrist is 8 1/2 inches so unfortunately removing the dive extension means I am two or maybe 1 1/2 links short. Typically a completely full length Rolex bracelet just fits me nicely so itís galling that it doesnít in this case due to the design quirk. Itís much better done on the deepsea in my view. The dive extension disappears on that one and isnít a bother.

    I would be very surprised if the majority of people who have the SD43 donít take the dive extension off. Even with a human sized wrist it must be uncomfortable I would guess?

    Of course, I will just suck it up and order extra links. Not the end of the world. Iím over it really. Totally over it. Totally.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to see that you got the 126600 after a long wait Simon. How do you find it wears as compared to the DSSD?
    I recently removed the diver's link from DSSD and IMHO it made a huge difference, making it much more comfortable. I must do the same on the 126600 to see if it does the same job ( the DSSD fits perfectly with the divers link removed as well as one half link ).

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •