closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 357 of 413 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407 ... LastLast
Results 17,801 to 17,850 of 20611

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    My Farer Discovery II has just arrived, and it is a fabulous looking watch, especially for the price - £895. Here it is on an Mulberry Purple Leather strap; I also bought a couple of other straps (Orange Rubber, and Tan Barenia Leather), so no excuses not to try the quick strap release.

I generally like applied numerals, and on this dial they are larger than normal, which is kind to my eyesight. The dial is rich purple face-on, becoming blue, almost black, when viewed from an angle. It is slightly mesmerising to watch the orange second-hand pointer sweep around the outside of the dial. The movement (La Joux-Perret G101) has a 68 hours power reserve, and smooth feel when manually winding it. I have yet to try out the lume - I normally don't bother trying to read any of my lumed watches at night, as I find the lume is too faint or small to read easily, but maybe the Discovery will be an exception.
    I see lots of positive replies to this post already and deservedly so, this is a beautiful watch, especially at the price and with the unique Farer way of combining colours.

Blog Entries
    Have been looking at this for a while , finally took the plunge

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    My Farer Discovery II has just arrived, and it is a fabulous looking watch, especially for the price - £895. Here it is on an Mulberry Purple Leather strap; I also bought a couple of other straps (Orange Rubber, and Tan Barenia Leather), so no excuses not to try the quick strap release.

I generally like applied numerals, and on this dial they are larger than normal, which is kind to my eyesight. The dial is rich purple face-on, becoming blue, almost black, when viewed from an angle. It is slightly mesmerising to watch the orange second-hand pointer sweep around the outside of the dial. The movement (La Joux-Perret G101) has a 68 hours power reserve, and smooth feel when manually winding it. I have yet to try out the lume - I normally don't bother trying to read any of my lumed watches at night, as I find the lume is too faint or small to read easily, but maybe the Discovery will be an exception.

Lovely choice . I have poor declining vision and i have found my Farer to be a godsend. The lume on mine is better than my Omega Seamasters were. I am sure that your Discovery will be too.

Master
    Been thinking about reducing the number of watches I own, so using essential man maths, 3 watches became 1! My first foray into the higher end of watch making, and I couldn't be happier! Blown away would best describe it. Always wanted a two tone, to my eyes this is two tone done to perfection.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Been thinking about reducing the number of watches I own, so using essential man maths, 3 watches became 1! My first foray into the higher end of watch making, and I couldn't be happier! Blown away would best describe it. Always wanted a two tone, to my eyes this is two tone done to perfection.

Awesome! Love these. Enjoy.

The jury is out. Received it yesterday, and not had the time to really look in good daylight. Certainly tall and black!

PS Sub not included unfortunately

Master
    'Crisp', would be my choice of high-end diver, beautiful.

Similarly Farer Discovery II. Needs daylight to be appreciated I feel.

We all know what this watch wants to be, really impressed with the quality of the case and general build.

1st Pagani watch I've bought, whilst I weigh up getting a better Panda dial in the future, a good stop gap to see how it wears and looks.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Seestern 62 MAS. Very impressive for the cost, just like every other Seestern I’ve owned.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Had this for nearly a week now and haven't been tempted to change it for something else once.
    Completely unexpected purchase as I'm a diver wearer but I think it may be the one to keep rolex and ap in their box.

Great looking watch !

What is the case thickness on these ? Had a look on the web site and they don't mention it ...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Very nice ! What size is it ?

Is this one of Eddie's back catalogue, or does it pre-date that ?

Wys?ane z iPhone za pomoc? Tapatalk

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Special gift for my 50th next year.

i ll be loving you all my life

Thank you. It’s one of Eddie’s and is 40mm.

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Very nice ! What size is it ?

Is this one of Eddie's back catalogue, or does it pre-date that ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I thought my collection was complete. But turns out I needed another.

Really pleased with this. Then PRS-48 was a gateway drug …

I absolutely love these, pure class.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I thought my collection was complete. But turns out I needed another.

Really pleased with this. Then PRS-48 was a gateway drug …

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I absolutely love these, pure class.
    The bracelet is really nice too, with easy change and simple link removal and push button micro adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    The jury is out. Received it yesterday, and not had the time to really look in good daylight. Certainly tall and black!

PS Sub not included unfortunately
    Heading back to Singapore tomorrow unless anyone fancies this LE?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Special gift for my 50th next year
    Lovely

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Special gift for my 50th next year.

i ll be loving you all my life

Congratulations Rick.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Great looking watch !

What is the case thickness on these ? Had a look on the web site and they don't mention it ...
    12mm

Master
    I used to think gold didn’t suit me, but this new arrival has changed my mind. It’s a 1977 18Kt IWC day-date, and looks like it just left the shop. It’s powered by an electronic tuning fork movement licensed from Bulova, with its characteristic off key hum, and the only second hand as silky smooth as a GS spring drive. Handy as that will keep the (German) days ticking over when it’s off the wrist, though I can’t see that happening any time soon.

Last edited by Itsguy; 2nd December 2022 at 21:01.

Craftsman
    A quick update on my Farer Discovery 2, which I got five days ago. It is running about +2.5 spd, which I am very impressed with for a sub £1000 watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I used to think gold didn’t suit me, but this new arrival has changed my mind. It’s a 1977 18Kt IWC day-date, and looks like it just left the shop. It’s powered by an electronic tuning fork movement licensed from Bulova, with its characteristic off key hum, and the only second hand as silky smooth as a GS spring drive. Handy as that will keep the (German) days ticking over when it’s off the wrist, though I can’t see that happening any time soon.

That does look very nice, case looks unmarked..

One thing with the Hummers is that they go through batteries quite quickly - or at least my Zenith hummer did. I think the batteries only lasted a year or so after a change..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    That does look very nice, case looks unmarked..

One thing with the Hummers is that they go through batteries quite quickly - or at least my Zenith hummer did. I think the batteries only lasted a year or so after a change..
    You’re right, a year is about what I’d expect from previous Omega F300s. I wonder if you could get any more out of them with good quality modern batteries, does anyone know anything about that? But it’s good to have a day date where you don’t have to change the day every time you wear it. Though the Bulova derived movement makes it very easy - one click out on the crown and turning one way changes the date, the other way changes the day. Easier than my old Seamaster where the day slow sets by winding 24 hours.

The classic OP36 with black dial.

Last edited by boring_sandwich; 3rd December 2022 at 16:35.

Craftsman

The PO Has been one off my grails ever since they were released. As retail prices are going up and up finally bit the bullet and picked up a pre owned one. Am absolutely blown away by it. The quality is incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    The classic OP36 with black dial.
    Very nice Mr Sandwich, can’t go wrong with that, one of the best in the whole collection IMHO.

Couple of incomings this week.

Combat Sub from a WTB and a subsequent deal with Martyn:

And a local trade resulted in this, although the CNS MN I have it on needs changing to something more suitable:

Master

It won’t arrive for a few months, but I am looking forward to receiving this one.

A Christopher Ward forum limited edition C63 Sealander. For me a step up on the normal production model.

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    It won’t arrive for a few months, but I am looking forward to receiving this one.

A Christopher Ward forum limited edition C63 Sealander. For me a step up on the normal production model.
    Nice. CW's take on an Aqua Terra?

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Very nice. A guy at the wedding gig on Sat had an op41 in green. He actually let me try it on. Absolutely stunning colour.

Master

Sent from my CPH2211 using Tapatalk

Master
    Sorry to duplicate this post, first photo looks blurry to me so trying another way

Sent from my CPH2211 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Nice. CW's take on an Aqua Terra?
    Whilst CW has a range of solid colour dials for the C63 Sealander, this one was designed by a small group of members on the CW forum, rather than by CW itself.

It isn’t on the CW website as anyone looking to buy expresses interest via the CW forum. Once numbers are known CW will produce the required number as a one off limited edition.

Master
    New incoming, first gold watch. Beautiful, but I'm not sure where I will actually wear it. Feels quite excessive when out and about ?

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    New incoming, first gold watch. Beautiful, but I'm not sure where I will actually wear it. Feels quite excessive when out and about ?
    I know the feeling well. I've had two watches where I only enjoy them stress free when worn in the house.

Enjoy it wether it's Miami popping bottles or on the sofa watching Gogglebox.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 5th December 2022 at 14:03.

Master
    Ha I will try!

Before we were broken into I wouldn't have cared less about wearing an expensive watch out and about. I thought I was invincible and the least security-conscious person about.

Since then I feel super conspicuous and keep any valuables in a safety deposit.

Sad state of affairs really but still trying to enjoy the watch hobby as much as I can.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Very nice

An absolute grail has arrived and by far the most I've ever spent on a watch. This is a Ming on steroids and then some! Extremely complex case, dial and movement. Pure wrist art and no doubt a pain to achieve this feat.

The agenhor movement is truly spectacular. One of the best chrono movements ever. Time to retire, and contemplate what watches should be sold if they're not being worn!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^
    What a lovely looking piece
    Congratulations.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    An absolute grail has arrived and by far the most I've ever spent on a watch. This is a Ming on steroids and then some! Extremely complex case, dial and movement. Pure wrist art and no doubt a pain to achieve this feat.

The agenhor movement is truly spectacular. One of the best chrono movements ever. Time to retire, and contemplate what watches should be sold if they're not being worn!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    That is indeed a spectaculair watch! That backside is also not to shabby at all! Lovely and special.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    An absolute grail has arrived and by far the most I've ever spent on a watch.
    That's the first Ming I've seen and liked. I went off to read about it and it looks great in reviews but that's a heck of a price too! A real watch collector's watch though so great to see as a contrast to the usual suspects. Congrats and enjoy!
    Last edited by deepreddave; 5th December 2022 at 19:09.

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Understand the sentiment but on an oysterflex I think you’re pretty low key in most places out and about these days. I certainly think twice where I wear my all gold watches (on bracelet) but feel happy to wear anything gold (Rose) on oysterflex or strap out in the wild so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    That's the first Ming I've seen and liked. I went off to read about it and it looks great in reviews but that's a heck of a price too! A real watch collector's watch though so great to see as a contrast to the usual suspects. Congrats and enjoy!
    Thanks all for the comments!!!

Indeed - a real watch collector's watch is a very good way of describing it. The front, back and case are all extremely complicated and then putting it all together and making it work is another heck of a challenge. This also fits me aesthetically and I'll always go for something different. Frankly in this price range, most watches are too dressy or boring.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Understand the sentiment but on an oysterflex I think you’re pretty low key in most places out and about these days. I certainly think twice where I wear my all gold watches (on bracelet) but feel happy to wear anything gold (Rose) on oysterflex or strap out in the wild so to speak.

You could be correct, As it's new it still feels very bling. I will report back once I have had it a little while longer. I'm wearing it sparingly as its a bit tight at the minute as I am waiting for the jewelers to get a larger Oysterflex in and swap it out for me.

Incredible watch crazyp. A clear collector's watch and amazing for us to be able to see on a forum like this.

Many of the watches posted on here we'll never see in the wild and that's something we would only ever see on review websites or YouTube if you didn't buy it.

Really special and with the added bonus you can wear it anywhere in London carefree.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Incredible watch crazyp. A clear collector's watch and amazing for us to be able to see on a forum like this.

Many of the watches posted on here we'll never see in the wild and that's something we would only ever see on review websites or YouTube if you didn't buy it.

Really special and with the added bonus you can wear it anywhere in London carefree.
    Pre-pandemic, there were quite a few nice events we got to see awesome watches. They've dried up a little. Hopefully some of them return, being able to see brands like Bovet is a real treat! Indeed being able to wear it is a massive bonus! I'll give you a shout soon and try and come over to see you!