closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 404 of 416 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414 ... LastLast
Results 20,151 to 20,200 of 20799

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

This arrived yesterday, must say it’s a rather lovely thing!

Sanjay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    @Sanj

I have to say it’s great having you back Sanj and love the fact that you buy watches that little bit different.

That Horage has some great design built into it.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Wrong weather but I got a good deal so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    @Sanj

I have to say it’s great having you back Sanj and love the fact that you buy watches that little bit different.

That Horage has some great design built into it.
    Thanks Ben,

I’m enjoying it too!

The Horage is really special, it feels like a piece of jewellery on the wrist and is a pleasure to behold in the flesh.

Probably my fave now after the Speedy 321

I hope you’re keeping well and good to see you still here after all these years.

All the best,
    Sanj

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Been toying with the idea of getting one for my hols, what do you think of it and where did you get it, if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Been toying with the idea of getting one for my hols, what do you think of it and where did you get it, if you don’t mind me asking?
    I've not had a chance to inspect it as DPD arrived as I was leaving so I opened it briefly in a darkened car. What I will say is RRP is £960 and I got it from Beaverbrooks for £402 due to a very specific promo linked to another watch I'd pre ordered from them - that offer won't be available otherwise but it can be bought from them still for £652

waiting for the blue one to arrive…

I've not had a chance to inspect it as DPD arrived as I was leaving so I opened it briefly in a darkened car. What I will say is RRP is £960 and I got it from Beaverbrooks for £402 due to a very specific promo linked to another watch I'd pre ordered from them - that offer won't be available otherwise but it can be bought from them still for £652
    Further to this I've had a chance to play with it at home. At RRP I think it is worth it and definitely a no brainer at the Beaverbrooks price. I presumed the case was PVD but it looks like it is made out of a lightweight carbon material. Quick release rubber strap, very retro feel to the watch, wears a bit bigger than the 41mm size and is quite chunky but that's the idea I'd imagine.

The one thing that marks it out as a non-luxury watch is the bezel action - very similar to a Seiko Turtle although indices do line up (so maybe not that similar to the Turtle )

I've taken some pics in the bathroom where I can get some decent light on it at this hour. For reference I have an 8 inch wrist.

Further edit to add that the lume is highly entertaining! No fewer than 6 different lume colours across the dial, hands and bezel. I can't get a decent pic but you'll see what I mean when you get one.

Last edited by ryanb741; 7th January 2024 at 01:25.

Master
    Further to this I've had a chance to play with it at home. At RRP I think it is worth it and definitely a no brainer at the Beaverbrooks price. I presumed the case was PVD but it looks like it is made out of a lightweight carbon material. Quick release rubber strap, very retro feel to the watch, wears a bit bigger than the 41mm size and is quite chunky but that's the idea I'd imagine.

The one thing that marks it out as a non-luxury watch is the bezel action - very similar to a Seiko Turtle although indices do line up (so maybe not that similar to the Turtle )

I've taken some pics in the bathroom where I can get some decent light on it at this hour. For reference I have an 8 inch wrist.

Further edit to add that the lume is highly entertaining! No fewer than 6 different lume colours across the dial, hands and bezel. I can't get a decent pic but you'll see what I mean when you get one.

Thanks for that Ryan, mulling over the red one and whether it’ll arrive in time or if i can be bothered going to collect one!

The case is forged carbon - the blue one is slightly different as it has flecks of blue through it (and mine should arrive in next two hours).

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    The case is forged carbon - the blue one is slightly different as it has flecks of blue through it (and mine should arrive in next two hours).
    Thanks

It looks like it is carbon on top of a SS frame. You can see when you remove the strap that the case underneath is SS. So it is more a fusion rather than just carbon on its own

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Really like that, nice fun watch and good to see they've priced it sensibly as well(in keeping with the original I believe).

I'm not looking to increase my collection any further but if I would have definitely been interested.

I will try and get some better pictures later as I'm struggling to capture the blue in the case.

First impressions- a lot to like for the money (I did not do as well as Ryan but paid £500) and will be a good summer watch.

Will likely order a couple more straps from tissot.

Last edited by Alansmithee; 7th January 2024 at 15:42.

SBGA415. Not the most recent release but I've always really liked this series of watches. Nice dimensions, titanium and I really like the crystal and dial.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Saw in the window of Goldsmiths on NYE, tried it on, mulled it over, caved and walked back in to buy it today.
    Congrats - I did something similar apart from my mulling was half an hour rather than 6 days. Interesting to see these are starting to be available to walk in and buy in ADs, maybe production has ramped up or the interest has died down.

Craftsman
    Further to this I've had a chance to play with it at home. At RRP I think it is worth it and definitely a no brainer at the Beaverbrooks price.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    First impressions- a lot to like for the money (I did not do as well as Ryan but paid £500) and will be a good summer watch.
    Ever since seeing this in the Blue Diver thread I've been checking them out and loving what I've seen. Still completely unsure which of the three is my fav.
    The pair of you got some incredible deals! Will have to try go see them next week in town.

Latest SC purchase, arrived Saturday.

Craftsman
    Been hankering for a digital watch and liked the look of the Autodromo Group C but not sure I could quite stomach £470.
    Did a lot of research and came across the Casio A1000. Don't like the standard mesh and I've thrown it on a blue perlon for now as that's the only 18mm strap I have!
    Ideally will buy a variety of F81W rubber straps and fit them on.
    I quite like it!
    Believe it or not my first digital watch!

Despite good intentions, I have fallen off the watch-abstinence wagon fairly comprehensive in the last couple of weeks with the arrival of another Depth Charge diver - and what's more, one that's seemingly identical to the last one...

Spot the difference:

The new one is on the left. [NB: all straps are aftermarket]

"Depth Charge" is WatchShop's in-house brand, and predictably made in China - but then, what isn't? The original version was purchased from SC in Dec, but I noticed on the website that there is a newer and slightly pricier 'Refined' version with numerous detail differences; given it was still just £97 with then-prevailing discounts, I decided to try it.

Both share some of the customary Rolex-derived styling cues that are near-universal among cheaper dive watches, though thankfully the newer version moves a little further away again.

The 314L stainless steel case of the 'Refined' variant is 1mm wider and 1mm thicker than its predecessor - not the way to be going in 2024 - but still a manageable 42mm x 13.7mm. The all-important lug-to-lug is unchanged at a sane 48mm, so wearability is still good. Lug width is an easily matched 20mm, and the watch is supplied with a robust-feeling PCL stainless steel bracelet large enough for up-to 8" wrists; links are pinned (not sure if split pins or pin-and-collar), and the buckle is a mix of milled and pressed components that feels strong and incorporates some micro-adjustment. I dislike bracelets, so it's gone straight on FKM rubber. WR remains the same, at 200m - the heft of the watch and its tidy finishes inspire confidence that the rating is meaningful in use.

The sapphire crystal is thicker but still flat, which I prefer personally, and now appears to have more and/or better AR, as there is less glare and reflection. It remains a no-date watch (and there's no phantom date position when adjusting or winding), and so there is no cyclops to clutter the overall look.

The polished ceramic bezel insert now has subtler and fewer markings in silver-grey instead of white, and the lume pip is changed to a triangle that is flush with the insert. The bezel itself is quite different - gone is the sloped-shoulder look in favour of a more foursquare profile, and the coin-edge grips are sharper, crisper and more numerous, making it much easier to grip. It's a 120 click unidirectional spring detent, that feels stiff but wieldy in use; there's better out there for sure, but it's more than adequate.

The "DC"-engraved screw-down crown now has fewer and deeper grooves, and is thus easier to grip; the crown protectors remain the same, and are quite ergonomically shaped to ease winding and adjustment.

Inside is - perhaps - a different movement, still Japanese, but whether its the Seiko NH35 of the original is unknown as DC don't specify it, and I'm not taking the back off until I'm sure the thing runs OK!

The dial is changed for the better IMO - the circular indexes are larger, the batons have rounded corners, and the cardinal is larger and its two parts closer together; all of the indexes appear to be applied rather than pad printed. The dial itself remains a glossy lacquered mid-blue without an underlying sunburst pattern. The red text is dropped, but the branding logo is bigger, which is a minor step backwards IMHO, but at least it's not pretending to be a supercar-related brand, or some other ugly nonsense...

The handset is tweaked: the hour hand is slightly sleeker, and the minute hand slightly longer, the seconds hand is unchanged - most importantly: no nasty-ass 'Mercedes' hands! What has also changed for the better is the lume, which is not only brighter but much longer-lasting - I'd say it's easily on a par with Seiko in the £300-£500 region now.

There are black and green versions as well as a trio of GMT variants, all very sanely priced.

I really liked the original version, but the newer version ups the game across the board - the design is better integrated, more refined, more coherent, and legibility has improved. Quality has received an uplift in several areas too. Personally I'd like it smaller - ~40mm x 10mm would be perfect - and I'd lose the mix of polished and brushed surfaces in favour of an overall sand-blasted finish: it's a tool watch after-all, but that's a matter of preference, and likely harder to sell. Overall: Bargain!
    Last edited by earlofsodbury; 9th January 2024 at 19:14.

Master
    This;

Already fallen down the strap rabbit hole.

Thinking maybe a blue rubber next?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    SBGA415. Not the most recent release but I've always really liked this series of watches. Nice dimensions, titanium and I really like the crystal and dial.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk
    Lovely watch. Always fancied one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Despite good intentions, I have fallen off the watch-abstinence wagon fairly comprehensive in the last couple of weeks with the arrival of another Depth Charge diver - and what's more, one that's seemingly identical to the last one...

Spot the difference:

The new one is on the left. [NB: all straps are aftermarket]

"Depth Charge" is WatchShop's in-house brand, and predictably made in China - but then, what isn't? The original version was purchased from SC in Dec, but I noticed on the website that there is a newer and slightly pricier 'Refined' version with numerous detail differences; given it was still just £97 with then-prevailing discounts, I decided to try it.

Both share some of the customary Rolex-derived styling cues that are near-universal among cheaper dive watches, though thankfully the newer version moves a little further away again.

The 314L stainless steel case of the 'Refined' variant is 1mm wider and 1mm thicker than its predecessor - not the way to be going in 2024 - but still a manageable 42mm x 13.7mm. The all-important lug-to-lug is unchanged at a sane 48mm, so wearability is still good. Lug width is an easily matched 20mm, and the watch is supplied with a robust-feeling PCL stainless steel bracelet large enough for up-to 8" wrists; links are pinned (not sure if split pins or pin-and-collar), and the buckle is a mix of milled and pressed components that feels strong and incorporates some micro-adjustment. I dislike bracelets, so it's gone straight on FKM rubber. WR remains the same, at 200m - the heft of the watch and its tidy finishes inspire confidence that the rating is meaningful in use.

The sapphire crystal is thicker but still flat, which I prefer personally, and now appears to have more and/or better AR, as there is less glare and reflection. It remains a no-date watch (and there's no phantom date position when adjusting or winding), and so there is no cyclops to clutter the overall look.

The polished ceramic bezel insert now has subtler and fewer markings in silver-grey instead of white, and the lume pip is changed to a triangle that is flush with the insert. The bezel itself is quite different - gone is the sloped-shoulder look in favour of a more foursquare profile, and the coin-edge grips are sharper, crisper and more numerous, making it much easier to grip. It's a 120 click unidirectional spring detent, that feels stiff but wieldy in use; there's better out there for sure, but it's more than adequate.

The "DC"-engraved screw-down crown now has fewer and deeper grooves, and is thus easier to grip; the crown protectors remain the same, and are quite ergonomically shaped to ease winding and adjustment.

Inside is - perhaps - a different movement, still Japanese, but whether its the Seiko NH35 of the original is unknown as DC don't specify it, and I'm not taking the back off until I'm sure the thing runs OK!

The dial is changed for the better IMO - the circular indexes are larger, the batons have rounded corners, and the cardinal is larger and its two parts closer together; all of the indexes appear to be applied rather than pad printed. The dial itself remains a glossy lacquered mid-blue without an underlying sunburst pattern. The red text is dropped, but the branding logo is bigger, which is a minor step backwards IMHO, but at least it's not pretending to be a supercar-related brand, or some other ugly nonsense...

The handset is tweaked: the hour hand is slightly sleeker, and the minute hand slightly longer, the seconds hand is unchanged - most importantly: no nasty-ass 'Mercedes' hands! What has also changed for the better is the lume, which is not only brighter but much longer-lasting - I'd say it's easily on a par with Seiko in the £300-£500 region now.

There are black and green versions as well as a trio of GMT variants, all very sanely priced.

I really liked the original version, but the newer version ups the game across the board - the design is better integrated, more refined, more coherent, and legibility has improved. Quality has received an uplift in several areas too. Personally I'd like it smaller - ~40mm x 10mm would be perfect - and I'd lose the mix of polished and brushed surfaces in favour of an overall sand-blasted finish: it's a tool watch after-all, but that's a matter of preference, and likely harder to sell. Overall: Bargain!
    That's such a good write up I'd be prepared to exonerate you for your early abstinence failure but alas I'm unable to do so as I'm not the originator of this year's abstinence commitment thread.

Last night's arrival - hand-delivered, no less!

SBGV223, so -

Case Diameter:40.0mm
    Case Length:46.8mm
    Case Thickness:10.0mm
    Case Material:Stainless Steel
    Strap/Bracelet:Stainless Steel
    Lug Width:20.0mm
    Clasp:Three-fold clasp with push button release
    Dial Colour:Black

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer ism none. None more black.

Accuracy:-10/+10 seconds per year lol

Drilled lugs should be mandatory.

AR only on the inside. Enough? You decide.

The way that the polished facets of the indices and hands catch the light is... something else.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    That's such a good write up I'd be prepared to exonerate you for your early abstinence failure but alas I'm unable to do so as I'm not the originator of this year's abstinence commitment thread.

Very kind of you However, I deserve no mercy for this failure!

Though I am very glad I didn't spunk £650 on a Seiko that would likely have been worse put-together than this sub-£ton effort...

A longstanding blue-diver itch has been scratched now.

...Well, until a sanely-priced U1 B shows-up...

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Very kind of you However, I deserve no mercy for this failure!

Though I am very glad I didn't spunk £650 on a Seiko that would likely have been worse put-together than this sub-£ton effort...

A longstanding blue-diver itch has been scratched now.

...Well, until a sanely-priced U1 B shows-up...
    We are all just a click away from failure.

A few days ago I somehow managed to convince myself I NEED the shunbun on SC if it goes signifcantly lower. Thankfully Ryan gave the OP a reach around on the price so it's unlikely I'll be adding any Japanese dial porn to my collection anytime soon.

... A few days ago I somehow managed to convince myself I NEED the shunbun on SC if it goes signifcantly lower. Thankfully Ryan gave the OP a reach around on the price so it's unlikely I'll be adding any Japanese dial porn to my collection anytime soon.

Pretty watch, for sure, but it's good when we're saved from ourselves

Pre owned blue blasted 1521 in todays lunch break sun

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Craftsman
    That Squale looks mega!

Bit delayed but this arrived last week following the forum PSA:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginpopy View Post
    Pre owned blue blasted 1521 in todays lunch break sun

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Always good to see another Squale on the forum and a very nice one at that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    That Squale looks mega!

Bit delayed but this arrived last week following the forum PSA:

Oooh that is a beauty!

Red face

Late ‘23 addition to the AP Royal Oak collection;

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post

Amazing watch Gareth! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post

Boom! That's beautiful. Congratulations.

Master
    Just picked this up today ordered the leather blue strap option also. Really like the colour scheme of this watch and a nice size and thickness.
    Last edited by shoppy; 12th January 2024 at 21:54.

Journeyman

New to me today. Bought from the forum and very pleased. A watch I’ve always wanted.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Just picked this up today ordered the leather blue strap option also. Really like the colour scheme of this watch and a nice size and thickness.
    It’s a busy dial but I think it really works!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    I haven’t seen that one. Care to tell a bit about it?

I do like that dial!

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    I haven’t seen that one. Care to tell a bit about it?

I do like that dial!
    It's Omega's Chronoscope. A manual wound co-axial master chronometer. They do a few dial and hand variations (so two more dial variants below). They have bracelet or strap options. The case is 43mm.

Last edited by j111dja; 13th January 2024 at 17:11.

Boom! That's beautiful. Congratulations.
    Thanks Ryan mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Amazing watch Gareth! Congratulations!

Cheers 🙏

Got the call Thursday, picked it up yesterday. Very difficult to capture the dial on this as it has a gorgeous champagne hue to it in certain light. Watched 'Marriage Story' last night as Adam Driver wears an OP throughout albeit it a blue dial previous reference. Yes, I am THAT sad...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Got the call Thursday, picked it up yesterday. Very difficult to capture the dial on this as it has a gorgeous champagne hue to it in certain light. Watched 'Marriage Story' last night as Adam Driver wears an OP throughout albeit it a blue dial previous reference. Yes, I am THAT sad...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Lovely, that OP with the champagne dial is only modern Rolex I’d consider! How long did you wait out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Lovely, that OP with the champagne dial is only modern Rolex I’d consider! How long did you wait out of interest?
    Many thanks. I really love it. It manages to be elegant but also casual and is quite different to the rest of my collection. I went on the list for the green dial in March 23 but changed to silver dial in August 23.

And on the wrist:

And with my other GO:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by benrapp View Post

And on the wrist:

And with my other GO:

Lovely watches. GO is a massively under appreciated brand in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Lovely watches. GO is a massively under appreciated brand in my opinion.
    Thanks. I quite agree. I'm hoping to add a SeaQ shortly to complete the vertical in GO. The quality of their watchmaking should be better appreciated, especially since they actually make almost every part of the watch (according to this Baldassare visit, everything but some aspects of the dial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtquFUM51Ss&t=1s).

Got this recently from a member. Really happy with it, super comfortable and more subtle than the 58 I had before.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Got this recently from a member. Really happy with it, super comfortable and more subtle than the 58 I had before.

I do fancy trying one of those…

Master
    Got this just before NY, not the 106 I had wanted but pleased overall.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Master
    Baby Dreadnought. Lovely! Looks surprisingly good on my 7.75" wrist...

Beautifully made of course.
    Last edited by Filterlab; 18th January 2024 at 13:26.

Very pleased with the X33 that arrived today from Mr Noble. I've been having fun learning about the different functions and sourcing a rubber strap for the watch this summer.