timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 348 of 416 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398 ... LastLast
Results 17,351 to 17,400 of 20798

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Blog Entries

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

I wanted one of these since they were released earlier in the year

LOVE The Watch. Wanted one ever since they first appeared, and I'm usually fairly Seiko-proof.
    DESPAIR at my inability to photograph it. It's better than this...
    REHOMED from seabiscuit - thank-you sir!

The lume is every bit as remarkable as aficionados claim - I can see it glowing in all but the brightest daylight!

Master
    that is a great new arrival for you - i thought that was a good price and if i did not own an 037 i would have bought it..

Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    that is a great new arrival for you - i thought that was a good price and if i did not own an 037 i would have bought it..

Thanks, it is. Such a beautifully well-balanced design, with just enough bling to make it feel special.

Must admit I'd love to see 037 and 043 side-by-side some day, though I'm biased in preferring the extra 'pop' of colour of the blue seconds hand of the 043.

Master
    Literally just arrived and first dabble into the world of Grand Seiko. First impressions are very good.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Literally just arrived and first dabble into the world of Grand Seiko. First impressions are very good.

Was that the one on eBay? I was tempted but just had an incoming myself which scuppered it.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    LOVE The Watch. Wanted one ever since they first appeared, and I'm usually fairly Seiko-proof.

The lume is every bit as remarkable as aficionados claim - I can see it glowing in all but the brightest daylight!
    Beautiful, great incoming. I kept going back to look at it but I never seem to get on with domed sapphire so held off but it is lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Beautiful, great incoming. I kept going back to look at it but I never seem to get on with domed sapphire so held off but it is lovely.

Thanks. Good point about the domed sapphire. I deplore anything that makes a watch taller than it needs to be, and this is a surprisingly tubby watch - but it would look like a fancy manhole cover with a flat crystal!

Fortunately the overall height is not excessive, the edge distortion doesn't affect legibility, the watch as a whole feels comfortable and fairly sleek to wear, plus the vintage-vibe thing of course. It works for me at least.

I really wish the "re-imagined" SPB versions had used the same indices as this, because in truth this is a really good ~£1K wristwatch - just one which happens to have been £4K new...

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Thanks. Good point about the domed sapphire. I deplore anything that makes a watch taller than it needs to be, and this is a surprisingly tubby watch - but it would look like a fancy manhole cover with a flat crystal!

Fortunately the overall height is not excessive, the edge distortion doesn't affect legibility, the watch as a whole feels comfortable and fairly sleek to wear, plus the vintage-vibe thing of course. It works for me at least.

I really wish the "re-imagined" SPB versions had used the same indices as this, because in truth this is a really good ~£1K wristwatch - just one which happens to have been £4K new...
    The price difference between a SPB and a SLA is mental. I don’t understand it at all. It's even more offensive than the oblong Cyclops.

The issue I have with domed glass is I just don’t want to see my face when I look at a watch. If all I’m going to see is my face I’m not paying £50 let alone £2.5k

So far I haven't got me beyond the SLA MM300 but I think something like this or the SLA017 is inevitable at some point. They're just too nice to look at.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 22nd September 2022 at 17:09.

Master
    Newly collected, 1974 Speedsonic Lobster, looks like it's been cleaned and serviced, runs like a dream.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Great pic up. Been looking for one of these myself!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Was that the one on eBay? I was tempted but just had an incoming myself which scuppered it.
    Yes! Not easy to come by.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    Great pic up. Been looking for one of these myself!!
    Saw these a couple of years ago and have been randomly looking out for one since, was just the right place at the right time!

Yes! Not easy to come by.
    Congratulations, I’m glad it went to someone on here. I’d have had this one other than finally picking a long chased LUC Pro Diver literally days before I seen this listed.

The price difference between a SPB and a SLA is mental. I don’t understand it at all. It's even more offensive than the oblong Cyclops.
    Seiko have long struck me as chaotic to the point of randomness. They obviously want to push the brand position uphill pricewise, but have still not addressed QC, brand identity and consistency issues from all I read on here.

The issue I have with domed glass is I just don’t want to see my face when I look at a watch. If all I’m going to see is my face I’m not paying £50 let alone £2.5k
    Absolutely, couldn't agree more - I don't want to see your face in it either...

In all seriousness, I don't find this terribly reflective in that way, the slight distortion almost helps; I have black dials with flat crystals that really are a bluddy mirror! Most upsetting!

So far I haven't got me beyond the SLA MM300 but I think something like this or the SLA017 is inevitable at some point. They're just too nice to look at.
    Yep, Sean's 043 came-up at the 'wrong' moment, but I've wanted one for so long, and he was so very fair on the pricing, I crumbled, and now have to reluctantly and shamefacedly sell today's other incoming - which is also very nice...

(still in protective plastic, in case it looks a little odd)

This is my first Eddiewatch - and what a package! I've often read people waxing hyperbolic about TF's work, but the quality of watch, packaging, ancillaries and presentation is absolutely outstanding... Many bigger names could learn from this guy!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    I wanted one of these since they were released earlier in the year
    That's really nice. I'd be forever checking for food stains or scuffs, but totally looks worth it, great look

Seiko have long struck me as chaotic to the point of randomness. They obviously want to push the brand position uphill pricewise, but have still not addressed QC, brand identity and consistency issues from all I read on here.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more - I don't want to see your face in it either...

In all seriousness, I don't find this terribly reflective in that way, the slight distortion almost helps; I have black dials with flat crystals that really are a bluddy mirror! Most upsetting!

Yep, Sean's 043 came-up at the 'wrong' moment, but I've wanted one for so long, and he was so very fair on the pricing, I crumbled, and now have to reluctantly and shamefacedly sell today's other incoming - which is also very nice...

(still in protective plastic, in case it looks a little odd)

This is my first Eddiewatch - and what a package! I've often read people waxing hyperbolic about TF's work, but the quality of watch, packaging, ancillaries and presentation is absolutely outstanding... Many bigger names could learn from this guy!
    Good to hear re reflectivity, will see if I can try one on at some point. MM300 is great value but definitely a bit heavy.

Master
    Blog Entries

Very nice … one day I’ll get one but still worry it will be too chunky for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Very nice … one day I’ll get one but still worry it will be too chunky for me.

It's an odd one, when you view it side-on it's tall enough to be a chronograph, but from all other angles, and in terms of feel-on-the-wrist, it just doesn't feel tall, and it's certainly not bulky. I'm finding it an easy wear I must admit.

Journeyman

Omega Seamaster 300 Bronze Gold

Happy Birthday to me!

Last edited by LeighG; 23rd September 2022 at 13:50.

Back from the mothership after a few months away, so not strictly an incoming but it does feel like a new watch.

Now to decide if it stays or goes, a few life events have made me re-evaluate things and I want to spend a bit more time pursuing other interests, as well as watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Back from the mothership after a few months away, so not strictly an incoming but it does feel like a new watch.

Now to decide if it stays or goes, a few life events have made me re-evaluate things and I want to spend a bit more time pursuing other interests, as well as watches.
    Leave it in the box until you have decided

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post

Good advice from Ken. Beautiful watch and even in this market you should have a decent number of buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by LeighG View Post
    Happy Birthday to me!

A well deserved present Leigh! The Bronze Gold is stunning in the flesh and makes the watch something really special

Wear it for a week … if you then don’t feel the love move it on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Thanks Lee! Just liike some paintings, certain watches call out to be bought and especially so if they are the right price!

Quote Originally Posted by stevie996 View Post

Couldn’t be happier with it, it’s truly stunning
    Is that a limited edition? Not sure I’ve ever seen it in the flesh with that dial pattern. Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Birthday to me!

Shot on iPhone 14 by the looks of things? ;)

Journeyman
    Trying to delete this!
    Last edited by LeighG; 23rd September 2022 at 23:12.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    Shot on iPhone 14 by the looks of things? ;)

It's a Samsung S21 Ultra.

I bought it about a year ago over the iPhone 13.

I enjoy taking photo's and thought the S21 was the way to go, a narrow decision as both are great phone's with great camera's.

It's got a108MP main sensor. There are two zoom lenses one with 3x hybrid optical zoom and one 10x optical zoom. You can max it out, digitally, at 100x, but of course it's not too crisp a those levels but good enough to take decent hand held zoomed pictures of, say, the moon as it also has a "steady" feature.

Have you got the14? If so, how does it compare to your previous phone?
    Last edited by LeighG; 23rd September 2022 at 23:14.

It's a Samsung S21 Ultra.

I bought it about a year ago over the iPhone 13.

I enjoy taking photo's and thought the S21 was the way to go, a narrow decision as both are great phone's with great camera's.

It's got a108MP main sensor. There are two zoom lenses one with 3x hybrid optical zoom and one 10x optical zoom. You can max it out, digitally, at 100x, but of course it's not too crisp a those levels but good enough to take decent hand held zoomed pictures of, say, the moon as it also has a "steady" feature.

Have you got the14? If so, how does it compare to your previous phone?
    It’s the upload quality rather than what took the image. Tapatalk Pro will give you a decent image quality

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Newly collected, 1974 Speedsonic Lobster, looks like it's been cleaned and serviced, runs like a dream.
    Was that the one that went through Bonhams a couple of weeks ago? You got a good price. I appreciated the opportunity to handle one for the first time; the bracelet was everything I anticipated but ultimately it was too much watch for my puny wrists…

Master
    A Plexi 372 - Arrived today.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    For me Tudor are knocking it out the park at the moment!

Picked this up today, straight in the rubber for me

Master

Enjoy, 3 weeks and counting for my wait. 2nd on the list at my AD 3 weeks ago.

These look so damned good on the rubber Enjoy!

Master

Looks great. When I eventually get one I can see me keeping it on the rubber.

Journeyman

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post

Wow. That is extremely special.

Not to everyone’s taste I’m sure but IMO that is an exit watch if ever there was one. Congrats.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    Is that a limited edition? Not sure I’ve ever seen it in the flesh with that dial pattern. Very cool

Yes it’s the Tokyo 2020 limited edition. 2020 made. Nice presentation box as always from Omega with an added bracelet as well. Good deal from Berry’s at £4490 is their sale.

Master

Three recently

Seamaster 120 quartz, just serviced by Omega. New dial, hands and crown. 36 mm.

The new model 39 mm Hydroconquest.

Early 70s Seamaster (strap is Morellato) with 1012 movement. 35 mm.

Craftsman

That’s a gorgeous configuration. The baguettes sit really well on the gilt dial.

Apprentice

I like that, looking for a second watch to build the collection.

@Jackjack, is that a 36 or 40 dd?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Wow. That is extremely special.

Not to everyone’s taste I’m sure but IMO that is an exit watch if ever there was one. Congrats.
    Thanks mate. It was not the config I was down for but it came up and I tired it on. Bad idea! I am more used to 36mm but 40mm just about works on me.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    That’s a gorgeous configuration. The baguettes sit really well on the gilt dial.
    Thanks! Yes I was quite surprised how subtle they are when you see it in person and natural light.

Master

Nice Jack

Journeyman
    Just picked this up today.

Glorious Swiss only, gilt dial 5512 Submariner from 1961.

It’s the result of a lot of years of work and collecting to get up to this level. I’ve owned a 5513 and a lovely 79090 Tudor Submariner. But this is basically the grail sub for me. I’m not an oligarch so my dive watch journey has, I think, come to an end!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike83 View Post
    Just picked this up today.

Glorious Swiss only, gilt dial 5512 Submariner from 1961.

It’s the result of a lot of years of work and collecting to get up to this level. I’ve owned a 5513 and a lovely 79090 Tudor Submariner. But this is basically the grail sub for me. I’m not an oligarch so my dive watch journey has, I think, come to an end!

Speechless! Glad you found your grail. I think it deserves its own thread?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Blog Entries

Superb! Is that with diamond baget (sp) indices?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG