closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 127 of 413 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,350 of 20611

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Master

Craftsman

My last purchase in 2019.. and I couldnt be more pleased .. been saving for one for quite some time and been through a myriad of watches while waiting for the right one at the right price.. good things come to those who wait my Dad used to tell me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    My latest weakness -- the purchase(second hand) of which broke my self imposed "buying rules" a bit.

Moritz Grossmann (Glashütte) Benu Power reserve.

41mm rose gold, 11.65mm thickness. Solid silver dial with MG speciality "heat bronzed" hands. Alligator strap with deployant.

MG Kaliber 100.2 manual wind. 42 hour power reserve. Movement hand finished and decorated.

Craftsman
    Beautiful watch.. movement looks spectacular...

Journeyman
    Beautiful watch, love those hands
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokel View Post
    My latest weakness -- the purchase(second hand) of which broke my self imposed "buying rules" a bit.

41mm rose gold, 11.65mm thickness. Solid silver dial with MG speciality "heat bronzed" hands. Alligator strap with deployant.

MG Kaliber 100.2 manual wind. 42 hour power reserve. Movement hand finished and decorated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TZ-UK mobile app

That's lovely, I'm not a fan of how power reserve is displayed normally but that it very neat and the movement is something else.

Craftsman
    Incoming Longines Heritage Conquest L1.611.4.752

35mm of nearly new but vintage looking loveliness :)

Will arrive on Monday, but until then a generic pic...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    35mm of nearly new but vintage looking loveliness..
    I sold mine as it felt a little small but they are lovely and make you feel like you're stepping back in time whenever you put it on. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Master
    Another solar driven device. Quite robust too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    This arrived today, thanks to a forum member who answered my WTB. Installed a £13.50 MN style strap from eBay seller in Germany, not bad at all for the money which included postage.

Recent acquisition.

JLC Master Compressor Diver GMT Chronograph Navy Seals. Titanium and really comfortable on the wrist. I don't know many chronographs which are 1000m water resistant!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I sold mine as it felt a little small but they are lovely and make you feel like you're stepping back in time whenever you put it on. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Arrived today and I love it. As I have relatively slim sparrow wrists, its a perfect all dial size for me.

Journeyman
    Got this Seiko Samurai Save the Ocean today! The dial looks amazing! It's a heavy watch though, or perhaps I've been spoilt by wearing nato's and titanium for so long.

Just ordered this G-Shock GWG-1000-1A3JF from Japan. I'm a Casio "virgin," but was finally seduced by the radio-controlled atomic clock feature, solar power, ana-dig display, altimeter/barometer/thermometer, etc., along with the rugged case and strap.

I wonder how often I'll wear it???

Journeyman
    Got these today, a Nemo designed by hked for EMG and the hked Emperor. I’m satisfied with both.

Journeyman

MG Kaliber 100.2 manual wind. 42 hour power reserve.
    Woaooow ! Not sure about the power reserve “red” mark but the dial is very well balanced !

Gorgeous !

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Recent acquisition.

JLC Master Compressor Diver GMT Chronograph Navy Seals. Titanium and really comfortable on the wrist. I don't know many chronographs which are 1000m water resistant!

Could this (awesome!) watch have the longest name is watch history?

Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    This arrived today, thanks to a forum member who answered my WTB. Installed a £13.50 MN style strap from eBay seller in Germany, not bad at all for the money which included postage.

Do you have a link for the eBay seller? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Congratulations Craig on getting the 5990

Beautiful looking piece, congratulations on your choice.

Master
    An expensive few days just got even more so when I got “the call”.

Master
    Something a bit different ,a Corum bubble

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post

Oh, wow, congratulations!

Master
    This thread’s making me itchy, haven’t bought a Watch yet this year !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Wanted to try one of these for a while. Very pleased. Perfect grab and go for me.

Another beautiful piece...you have a great taste!!!Well done indeed

That’s sublime, love the Arabic numerals and dial layout

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Arrived yesterday. Something a little different to the stuff that I normally wear.

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Arrived yesterday. Something a little different to the stuff that I normally wear.
    Lovely...this is a brilliant piece of engineering!!!!Great purchase indeed!!!

Such a different beast on a bracelet!

I don't see how it's a chronograph though?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Such a different beast on a bracelet!

I don't see how it's a chronograph though?
    Think we need to see a picture of the reverse

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Think we need to see a picture of the reverse
    Oh interesting, so the positioning of the chronograph controls is essentially aesthetic, and actually only apply to the reverse side and thus when protruding left?

Edit: oh I see the indicator in the bottom right relates to the chronograph
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 16th January 2019 at 13:51.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

My Fortis Stratoliner arrived today. I’ll post up some proper pics and a write up in a few weeks. I had to post this terrible wrist shot though as I was very pleasantly surprised by the condition compared to the eBay pictures. The slightly domed crystal is beautiful but hard to photograph without controlling the light.

I think it might even be the original strap as well - it looks about the right style and is certainly manky enough and has the Fortis buckle, again in decent nick.

The chrono seems to be running OK as well.

Had to add this one as you can at least see the dial.

Last edited by alfat33; 16th January 2019 at 22:33.

I have just taken delivery of this

The Alkin Model one, which started out as a Kickstarter, now available on Indiegogo. It is designed by someone I have met, Charlie Fowler, who is based here in Bristol, . We went out to Beer'd for a couple of beers and pizza just before Christmas.

This is a very well designed watch, and as you can see above, the indices are actually applied, despite looking printed at a glance. The case on mine is PVD, but it can be plain steel, and the dial on mine is all lume, although a black dial (and even a limited blue) were available, with either case option.

It all comes in a very nice simple natuiral leather 2-watch slip

And it is very well specified, with domed sapphire on the front and flat sapphire on the back to reveal the Seiko movement. The case is 100m WR with a screw-down crown and lugholes for easy strap changes.

It comes on a simple cut edge leather strap which is well made, with a case-matching buckle.

And it is commendably good value, at around £200, with no cost penalty if you want the PVD. Charlie named the company Alkin as it is old English for "all men", because he intended it to be a well-made timepiece accessible to everyone. At this price, it is.

It is really refreshing to see an original, affordable design which has a strong sense of its own style, but without falling prey to the temptation to over-decorate.

I also know he is also working in a couple of dive watch designs for the next model, so I will be looking out for it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by cirotti View Post
    Lovely...this is a brilliant piece of engineering!!!!Great purchase indeed!!!
    Cheers.

Really pleased with it. I have come close to buying one of the three handers before. This one tipped me over the edge.

Just arrived this afternoon.

Parmigiani Metrographe bought here on SC and it's stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

The Alkin Model one, which started out as a Kickstarter, now available on Indiegogo. It is designed by someone I have met, Charlie Fowler, who is based here in Bristol, . We went out to Beer'd for a couple of beers and pizza just before Christmas.

This is a very well designed watch, and as you can see above, the indices are actually applied, despite looking printed at a glance. The case on mine is PVD, but it can be plain steel, and the dial on mine is all lume, although a black dial (and even a limited blue) were available, with either case option.

And it is very well specified, with domed sapphire on the front and flat sapphire on the back to reveal the Seiko movement. The case is 100m WR with a screw-down crown and lugholes for easy strap changes.

It comes on a simple cut edge leather strap which is well made, with a case-matching buckle.

And it is commendably good value, at around £200, with no cost penalty if you want the PVD. Charlie named the company Alkin as it is old English for "all men", because he intended it to be a well-made timepiece accessible to everyone. At this price, it is.

It is really refreshing to see an original, affordable design which has a strong sense of its own style, but without falling prey to the temptation to over-decorate.

I also know he is also working in a couple of dive watch designs for the next model, so I will be looking out for it.

Dave
    I recall seeing a review on worn and wound. Had it been smaller, I'd definitely have one. Lovely design.

If not a WIS, all the watch you'd ever need...

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post

My last purchase in 2019.. and I couldnt be more pleased .. been saving for one for quite some time and been through a myriad of watches while waiting for the right one at the right price.. good things come to those who wait my Dad used to tell me..

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post

Love those!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Cheers.

Really pleased with it. I have come close to buying one of the three handers before. This one tipped me over the edge.

This complication was a true challenge for JLC back in the nineties...they needed few years to develop this movement...all started with a calibre 829...amazing stuff!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

That is a lovely looking watch Dave, it is seriously testing my powers of self restraint. Not entirely sold on the two different sizes of numerals but worth a go. Another one to add to the wish list.

Journeyman
    Got this Vostok yesterday! I'm quite impressed that they can do anything for this price.

Master
    Got this over the weekend my first of 2019, absolutely love it, been on my wrist non stop.

Journeyman
    A Deep Blue today, couldn't decide which one to wear as I just got the other one as well!

After a long search, finally bagged a Seiko Sumo Jade.. any recommendations for a nice green strap?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
    After a long search, finally bagged a Seiko Sumo Jade.. any recommendations for a nice green strap?

Nice, did you have to get it from Japan ?

Craftsman

Two arrived for me today!

Quote Originally Posted by Itizme View Post
    Nice, did you have to get it from Japan ?
    No, the US via WUS seller

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
    No, the US via WUS seller

Love to see a picture of it in the sunlight, if you get the opportunity. The green looked Stunning in video I watched

Master
    Just picked this up off SC. My search for a one watch solution has led me to this, and this could be close.. Waiting for the Ginault glidelock bracelet to arrive but this Hirsch strap works well in meantime.

Never considered a watch with a 12hr bezel before but I find it particularly functional to not only check another timezone easily (without adding a 4th hand), but also the rotating bezel means I can also use it to measure elasped time.

Quote Originally Posted by Itizme View Post
    Love to see a picture of it in the sunlight, if you get the opportunity. The green looked Stunning in video I watched
    No probs