closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 358 of 416 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408 ... LastLast
Results 17,851 to 17,900 of 20798

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    New incoming, first gold watch. Beautiful, but I'm not sure where I will actually wear it. Feels quite excessive when out and about ?

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
    Really nice. This brand new?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Something about the green, stunning colour combo with the silver.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartyuk View Post
    Really nice. This brand new?
    Yes bought new.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    Yes bought new.

Happy days, congrats! :-)

Master
    Thanks mate

New incoming for me, been hunting for one for a while, only as this colour seems to hard to find in the UK. Geeky excited as it matches my Arnie (almost). Now have to wait until Christmas a a stocking filler gift from my other half.

Now matches what I bought my father for the last 2yrs birthday gifts.

Journeyman
    Arrived today.

Collected this white dial Seamaster from Cat7 yesterday. Looks great and really pops. Seen here with its Omega friends; think i need to buy another brand next! But I do feel like Omega is the right blend of value and style for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massena X Mathey Tissot

Journeyman
    Going to work and desk diving with my new Benrus Type II acquired during Black Friday.
    Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Incredible watch crazyp. A clear collector's watch and amazing for us to be able to see on a forum like this.

Many of the watches posted on here we'll never see in the wild and that's something we would only ever see on review websites or YouTube if you didn't buy it.

Really special and with the added bonus you can wear it anywhere in London carefree.
    +1 on that. What a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Been thinking about reducing the number of watches I own, so using essential man maths, 3 watches became 1! My first foray into the higher end of watch making, and I couldn't be happier! Blown away would best describe it. Always wanted a two tone, to my eyes this is two tone done to perfection.

Love this, congrats mate.

Glashutte

Very nice,

has it got a glass back ? as the Glashutte movements are very decent.

my Evolution impact model came with a loupe in the box for movement gazing (51 jewels to look for)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoPantera View Post
    Very nice,

has it got a glass back ? as the Glashutte movements are very decent.

my Evolution impact model came with a loupe in the box for movement gazing (51 jewels to look for)
    It has indeed got a display back, and a mighty fine view it is! Unfortunately my photographic skills are non existent, and I'm yet to take a decent picture of it. The first one below is of my watch from the sale listing, the second is stollen from the net and shows it in all its glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    It has indeed got a display back, and a mighty fine view it is! Unfortunately my photographic skills are non existent, and I'm yet to take a decent picture of it. The first one below is of my watch from the sale listing, the second is stollen from the net and shows it in all its glory.

Tasty ....
    Very similar to my chrono ...
    (sorry for my poor photography skills)

Glashutte Evo Impact.jpg
    Last edited by ChronoPantera; 8th December 2022 at 22:38. Reason: error uploading photo

Craftsman
    Love this piece, just wish it was a bit thinner

pardon my really stupid question..... but how do i add a photo to my post ?

(i just did one below as an attachment, and it produced a link to click on, not uploading the actual photo)

Thanks

Fresh 136660 in today. The D-Blue is probably my favourite watch and the updated AR makes it even better. Very happy with this.

Master
    Fresh 136660 in today. The D-Blue is probably my favourite watch and the updated AR makes it even better.
    Looks great on you Willy

Cracking fit mate!

I love the dial but couldn't pull it off myself.

Fresh 136660 in today. The D-Blue is probably my favourite watch and the updated AR makes it even better. Very happy with this.

Master
    Looks like a perfect fit on your wrist mate

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoPantera View Post
    pardon my really stupid question..... but how do i add a photo to my post ?

(i just did one below as an attachment, and it produced a link to click on, not uploading the actual photo)

Thanks
    Us the buttons to click on 'Insert images'. Basically it puts the tag 'IMG' and '/IMG' around the address, so that the forum knows to interpret it as an image rather than an attachment.

As below

Master
    You sure it’s 13 not 12!?
    Looks good, congrats.

Master
    Finally found one of these. Should be with me next week. Something a little different for sure!

Cheers guys. Yep, definitely the 13- this time. Differences are very subtle but side by side the date wheel is marginally bigger and imo the AR helps the dial look blue more often as in the dark it usually just looks like the black.

New one on the left in the duo pics.

Master

Seiko SLA017

Well I popped into The Counting House (Wetherspoons) in George Square, Glasgow late yesterday afternoon and left three pints and several hours later with this Seiko SLA017.

A fine fellow member and friend (MFB Scotland) and I agreed to a trade and this is what I ended up with. It’s a full set and has been well looked after. I don’t think I’ll bother trying it on the bracelet.

I wasn’t able to appreciate the beauty of the dial in the artificial light of the pub and then the train home, but in today’s winter sunshine the dial is pretty special indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Well I popped into The Counting House (Wetherspoons) in George Square, Glasgow late yesterday afternoon and left three pints and several hours later with this Seiko SLA017.

A fine fellow member and friend (MFB Scotland) and I agreed to a trade and this is what I ended up with. It’s a full set and has been well looked after. I don’t think I’ll bother trying it on the bracelet.

I wasn’t able to appreciate the beauty of the dial in the artificial light of the pub and then the train home, but in today’s winter sunshine the dial is pretty special indeed.
    Congrats. I think the design of the 62MAS is one of the finest dive watches ever conceived, the 60s vibe is perfect, and these modern, lightly tweaked reissues are incredible, most especially the version you have there. Enjoy!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Congrats. I think the design of the 62MAS is one of the finest dive watches ever conceived, the 60s vibe is perfect, and these modern, lightly tweaked reissues are incredible, most especially the version you have there. Enjoy!
    Thanks, Paul and you’re absolutely right. This could well be a daily wearer. Could it even work as an only watch? I reckon so.

Cool

Cheers guys. Yep, definitely the 13- this time. Differences are very subtle but side by side the date wheel is marginally bigger and imo the AR helps the dial look blue more often as in the dark it usually just looks like the black.

New one on the left in the duo pics.

Are you keeping the 12 having added the 13?

Be interested to see more pics of the small but detailed differences here. Enjoy.

Datejust 41 for, the AD yesterday, blue dial, jubilee bracelet and the white gold fluted bezel.

Really love it - I wear a 2015 sub most days and I think this DJ wears much better, maybe the jubilee or maybe the thinner case but it feels great on the wrist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Are you keeping the 12 having added the 13?

Be interested to see more pics of the small but detailed differences here. Enjoy.
    Thanks. I'll try take some decent side by sides tomorrow before the 12 goes back in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    ... This could well be a daily wearer. Could it even work as an only watch? I reckon so.

It has to be a very strong contender for that - great timekeeping, interesting movement, scarcity, classic design, compact sizing for a dive watch, dive watch practicality, scratch resistance, bezel for timing (e.g. I use my watches for timing cooking almost every day), amazing lume and yet also 'bling' enough to feel like a special occasion when you want to dress-up, plus it's somewhat under-the-radar brandwise: you really need to be in-the-know to understand how great these are. To my eye they're straightforwardly beautiful watches, and an absolute pleasure to wear.

By-the-bye, I'd love to see Seiko issue a sea-green dial with yellow-gold hands and indices plus a lightly-vintaged lume...

Thanks. I'll try take some decent side by sides tomorrow before the 12 goes back in the bank.
    Thanks.

Thoughts on the loss of the divers extension?

Larger (8% allegedly) date window looks better for sure.

Not the watch, but the Jubilee has finally arrived!

I'm made up with it. I can't see the oyster ever going back on. It totally (IMO) transforms the looks for the better.

Last edited by Jon Kenney; 10th December 2022 at 02:10.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post

I'm made up with it. I can't see the oyster ever going back on. It totally (IMO) transforms the looks for the better.

It seems to divide opinions but I’m definitely in the jubilee camp when it comes to the Pepsi. Awesome watch.

Master
    My Seiko sdga002.Radio synch,EPD display on a slab of sapphire crystal

https://ibb.co/P1FJ4vG

With thanks to Tommy, a new arrival from SC. Absolutely made up to finally have an EZM 1. All time favourite Sinn.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    With thanks to Tommy, a new arrival from SC. Absolutely made up to finally have an EZM 1. All time favourite Sinn.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk
    Very jealous, great pick up! Was gutted when I saw this was sold as just made the funds available!

Enjoy it

Quite taken with this. Nice size at 39mm (10.8mm thick). Dressy. Sporty. 200m water resistance. Superb bracelet.

Thanks to those who shared their ownership experiences before I committed.

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    Very jealous, great pick up! Was gutted when I saw this was sold as just made the funds available!

Enjoy it
    Sorry strell. Will let you know if I look to move it on in future.

Aerospace itch scratched, thanks to Mr Kippax

Master
    Very nice Gav, the one to have !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post

Wow amazing. Been looking for one for a while. If you ever fancy a change please let me know ! 🙏🏽

Quote Originally Posted by Hartyuk View Post
    Something about the green, stunning colour combo with the silver.
    Love that . Does the 36 wear like a Dj 36 or bigger .seems to have more dial presence

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Very nice Gav (I'm biased), but I'm surprised to see that Wes let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Very nice Gav, the one to have !!
    Thanks Paul. Agreed obviously ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gpattni View Post
    Wow amazing. Been looking for one for a while. If you ever fancy a change please let me know ! ðŸ™ðŸ½
    Thank you & good luck with your hunt.

Very nice Gav (I'm biased), but I'm surprised to see that Wes let it go.
    Thanks Jon, It has certainly took me a few months of convincing!

Master

Zenith Chronometro Tipo CP2 Bronze Flyback

Bit slow posting this but since its arrival a couple of weeks back, it's never left my wrist - it seems to me to be something close to the perfect watch.

I had the original Zenith Chronometro Tipo CP2 for a bit, which I liked, though it never entirely convinced, despite its El Primero movement. While the original was a pretty faithful resurrection of the 1960s Italian military original, the bronze version, with the flyback version of the movement and view back, pulls out all the stops.

My limited photography skills/ancient iPhone haven't been able to capture either the subtleties of the gradation in shade across the dial, or the popping out, 3D quality of the subdials, but that's where the wearing experience starts, far more obvious in real life. Unlike a lot of bronze watches it's part anodised in the places where you would want the most patination, so the variation over time is quite small as the patination doesn't vary so much as on a lot of bronze watches (and I've had quite a few). And being bronze it seems immune to wear marks.

Came on the OEM brown suede/rubber backed strap. I ordered its gray-green counterpart from Zenith which I'm sure will be a better bet than dark brown, in the meantime I stuck a green suede on it which works well, though anything olive seems to do the job really.

Absolutely delighted with it, to a large extent it's even put the IWC BP43 blue dial in the shade, at least for the moment though no doubt I'll find my way back to it eventually. The IWC is the more dramatic of the two of course (hard to believe they both measure 43mm - the Zenith looks 2-3mm smaller on the wrist with its bezel, short lug to lug and thin case) but there's a subtle, very personal pleasure from the Zenith that's quite different from the more 'out there' IWC.

In the stable, it replaced a heftier, thicker Tudor Black Bay Bronze slate dial, also 43mm, in feel and size some way between the two, but the Zenith is quite a distance above the Tudor in execution. Still, I might nab another Tudor BBB at some stage as I did enjoy it.

Last edited by kk; 12th December 2022 at 21:00.

Think I'd take the oyster but there really is no bad option on the BLRO. Top tier.

Think I'd take the oyster but there really is no bad option on the BLRO. Top tier.
    It'll only ever see the watch again if it's been brushed first. I may then struggle to decide.

I too went from oyster to jubilee, but I’ve just found the oyster to be a little less fussy so when the opportunity came up for a sky dweller went oyster. And with the thicker bracelet 21 mm lug seems to suit the watch better.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app