closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Replacement Seamaster 300 Bond 2264.50.00 auto, crown & tube replacement

Master
    Blog Entries

Replacement Seamaster 300 Bond 2264.50.00 auto, crown & tube replacement

Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to have my father’s Omega’s screw down Crown and tube replaced. Or even the parts to do so. The crown is currently not screwing down securely. I have asked a local watch maker to replace the mentioned but he has explained that Omega parts are now hard to source.
    Can anyone on the forum advise or better still know of anyone that might be able to do this for him without having to send the watch to Omega for a full service. The watch is running fine and keeping very good time.

Kind Regards,
    M
    Last edited by milwatch126; 11th April 2024 at 13:38.

https://genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/

Genesis watchmaking are excellent for omega, did a lovely job with my planet ocean

Master
    I had this very same problem several years ago, and it was expertly addressed by Paul Walker (walkerwek1958 of this parish).

My model was the midsize version and I recall Paul saying that the crown tube on mine was different to the 41mm version (one is 'press in' and the other is 'screw in' from memory). He also noted that the latter is a much easier repair than the former (i think the expression was 'right old faff'), so I hope you've got the larger model.

Best of luck!

SGR

Craftsman
    Lancaster / Stavanger / Fishguard, Norway / UK
    My son’s 2264 is with Duncan at Genesis currently. I would (and did) give him a call first on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StuartGR View Post
    I had this very same problem several years ago, and it was expertly addressed by Paul Walker (walkerwek1958 of this parish).

My model was the midsize version and I recall Paul saying that the crown tube on mine was different to the 41mm version (one is 'press in' and the other is 'screw in' from memory). He also noted that the latter is a much easier repair than the former (i think the expression was 'right old faff'), so I hope you've got the larger model.

Best of luck!

SGR
    100% recommendation for Paul.

Also, I seem to recall the press in tubes being on earlier versions and later versions having the screw-on crown.

Master
    Blog Entries

Ta

Thanks.
    Anyone have Paul’s business contact details?

Cheers,
    M

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Thanks.
    Anyone have Paul’s business contact details?

Cheers,
    M
    Just send Paul PM, simples.
    Just had my Ball Engineer serviced by Paul, great work.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Just seen this thread.

Unfortunately I can`t help, I'm unable to get the replacement crown and pendant tube at sensible prices thesedays. I do have one of each in stock but they're reserved for my own watch should it ever develop a problem. Pendant tube is part no. 090ST1232, crown is 069ST42147.

Prior to the parts supply restrictions I swapped several of these and bought the special tool for unscrewing the pendant tube from the case. This isn`t as easy as it sounds, the pendant tube is cemented in place with a strong type of Loctite which requires heat to soften, before applying heat to the case I always stripped the whole thing down (movement out, bezel off, glass out) so the job was quite involved.

As far as I know, the smaller SMP always has a press-fitted pendant tube which can be difficult to remove. However, I`ve come across full-size models with press-fit tubes too, I think it was the early ones (pre-2000) and later ones all have the screw-fitted tube. Some repairers will tap a thread into a push-fit case to accept the threaded version of the pendant tube, something I don't have the equipment to do correctly.

I suggest contacting Duncan Potter (Genesis) for this job, he's Omega accredited and will have access to parts. Can`t see why he wouldn't do this job as a part repair. STS may be worth contacting too.

I`ve long since stopped ripping my hair out in frustration over the restrictions on parts supply, I can`t change it, and I refuse to pay the silly money being charged for new old stock stuff on eBay. Having just turned 66 I`m now looking to spend my time doing other things, life really is too short to spend it slumped over a watch repair bench for hours on end or trawling the internet trying to source parts......been there, done that!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Just seen this thread.

Unfortunately I can`t help, I'm unable to get the replacement crown and pendant tube at sensible prices thesedays. I do have one of each in stock but they're reserved for my own watch should it ever develop a problem. Pendant tube is part no. 090ST1232, crown is 069ST42147.

Prior to the parts supply restrictions I swapped several of these and bought the special tool for unscrewing the pendant tube from the case. This isn`t as easy as it sounds, the pendant tube is cemented in place with a strong type of Loctite which requires heat to soften, before applying heat to the case I always stripped the whole thing down (movement out, bezel off, glass out) so the job was quite involved.

As far as I know, the smaller SMP always has a press-fitted pendant tube which can be difficult to remove. However, I`ve come across full-size models with press-fit tubes too, I think it was the early ones (pre-2000) and later ones all have the screw-fitted tube. Some repairers will tap a thread into a push-fit case to accept the threaded version of the pendant tube, something I don't have the equipment to do correctly.

I suggest contacting Duncan Potter (Genesis) for this job, he's Omega accredited and will have access to parts. Can`t see why he wouldn't do this job as a part repair. STS may be worth contacting too.

I`ve long since stopped ripping my hair out in frustration over the restrictions on parts supply, I can`t change it, and I refuse to pay the silly money being charged for new old stock stuff on eBay. Having just turned 66 I`m now looking to spend my time doing other things, life really is too short to spend it slumped over a watch repair bench for hours on end or trawling the internet trying to source parts......been there, done that!
    Belatedly, many Happy returns.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Just seen this thread.

Thanks Paul.