closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 247 of 416 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,350 of 20785

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    wow that cream dial is gorgeous, is that a molequin strap?

Thanks. You’re right about the dial too!

Third time lucky for the mm300 hopefully. :)

Craftsman
    Nice pick up Gavin.

I’ve added a watch I never thought I wanted but really love it; a Breitling Avenger Seawolf, plus a homage to a watch I’ve always hankered after, but in the form of a Steeldive Emperor Tuna, which is astounding for the money. Both are IMO great additions to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
    Sometimes, less is more. I'm unexpectedly happy with my new Traska :)

Traska make some very nice watches
    Here is my Summiteer on Rolex Oysterflex ( I know an odd combo but it works )

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    I’ve added a watch I never thought I wanted but really love it; a Breitling Avenger Seawolf, plus a homage to a watch I’ve always hankered after, but in the form of a Steeldive Emperor Tuna, which is astounding for the money. Both are IMO great additions to my collection.

Looking great Darren. By the way, I found an extra link in my drawer. Will pop it in the post

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eoghan101 View Post
    Looking great Darren. By the way, I found an extra link in my drawer. Will pop it in the post

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Many thanks Eoghan. I haven’t worn my Omega once since buying the Breitling. It’s a great watch.

Snagged a black bay steel on sale at Hugh Rice.

Has the date complication, not the most popular iteration, heard it’s been discontinued?
    Give it a year or two and I just know I’d be kicking myself for not getting one while they were being discounted - North Flag, anyone?

Will whack some pics up when it arrives.

Master

Master
    this is my latest incoming and I need to keep it until September when i can change the dial colour over (if i decide to then)

Craftsman
    This is my first bronze watch, a Fratello ORIS Big Crown Pointer Data, with a bronze case and an oxblood red dial with gilt printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    This is my first bronze watch, a Fratello ORIS Big Crown Pointer Data, with a bronze case and an oxblood red dial with gilt printing.

Bronze not normally my cup of tea but that is a beauty. Congrats.

Baby Willard sans Erica

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Le Forban Brestoise purchased from OldHooky this week. The domed sapphire is very reminiscent of the Oris 1965. The movement (Miyota 8215) is a bit eh....agricultural, but is probably quite close to the sort of movements the original of this watch would have had. It does seem to be keeping fairly good time which is the important bit I guess. All in all very pleased with it.

A

Arrived today, another dark day in Northumberland....

SLGA001

Incoming, but not mine yet :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Third time lucky for the mm300 hopefully. :)

Congrats Gav.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post
    Le Forban Brestoise purchased from OldHooky this week. The domed sapphire is very reminiscent of the Oris 1965. The movement (Miyota 8215) is a bit eh....agricultural, but is probably quite close to the sort of movements the original of this watch would have had. It does seem to be keeping fairly good time which is the important bit I guess. All in all very pleased with it.

A
    Nice, and very Glashutte Seaq... what are the dimensions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    My first vintage watch arrived a few days ago from another forum member. Really impressed and condition is excellent for something over fifty, it's definitely doing better than me!

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    this is my latest incoming and I need to keep it until September when i can change the dial colour over (if i decide to then)
    Why would you have to wait until September to change the dial colour?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Why would you have to wait until September to change the dial colour?
    When I phoned up RSC they said that for new releases they have been out in the market for a year for a dial swap over. On a model like a date just they can swap the dial over within the first 90 days of ownership.

Bought back in December but I have not flexed with it here yet; Octo Finissimo Satin:

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    Bought back in December but I have not flexed with it here yet; Octo Finissimo Satin:
    Wow first time seeing it from this angle ... it’s proper thin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Always fancied an Alpinist but was never a lover of the green. Got this today, put this Milanese on it that Ive had for years.. absolutely love the case shape Dial and Handset, unique looking watch

Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post

I believe it is 39mm ex crown, and 45mm lug to lug (I haven't physically measured it, but these sizes feel right)

A

I believe it is 39mm ex crown, and 45mm lug to lug (I haven't physically measured it, but these sizes feel right)

A
    Actually I had a quick check, and the bezel is 38.4mm, so quite a modest size.

A

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Very happy with my first GS.

Looks great - would like to try one of these at some point, would be interested to hear your thoughts on it once you've had it a few weeks.

Master

Another superlative purchase from Miltons

Not to everyone's taste on here but it's where I had to get back to and where it all started for me with Rolex...

Last edited by markbannister; 6th February 2021 at 14:53.

A present for Madam, a classic OP 34 on an Oyster bracelet.

Took only a few weeks to arrive after enquiries and subsequent order at my local AD (pre lockdown, obviously).

Mulled over the various sizes available, and finally settled on the 34, assuming it was the optimum size for her wrist. It was really guesswork and fingers crossed as the AD only had every other size in various different models in stock to view!

I think the gold on batons and hands really work well on the silver dial, and she’s delighted with it, to say the least!

Last edited by pinpull; 7th February 2021 at 11:34.

Just waiting for this MM homage to reach me from China. It is a special edition made for a Spanish forum, HDR

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Arrived after a long wait , glad to have it .

Spectacular design - love it!
    Steve

Having just seen a Glashutte Original SeaQ for the first time, on another thread, the dials and font seem to be pretty much identical, which rather surprised me. A quick check on the respective web sites revealed that both claim their watch is a remake of originals from 1960's the GO from their East German predecessor company. Another check on Google shows a number of French watch companies used this exact dial layout at that time, e.g. REC and Le Marque.....Interesting. My guess is that the GO East German Co. copied the design of French diving watches of the time, communist factories being renowned for doing just this with all types of products from cameras to aircraft.

Thanks for pointing this out pinpull, it gives my new watch an interesting back story on which I will do a bit of extra research

A

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Bronze not normally my cup of tea but that is a beauty. Congrats.
    Thanks! The bronze and oxblood really works for me. Will it still work when it patinates, who knows!

Having just seen a Glashutte Original SeaQ for the first time, on another thread, the dials and font seem to be pretty much identical, which rather surprised me. A quick check on the respective web sites revealed that both claim their watch is a remake of originals from 1960's the GO from their East German predecessor company. Another check on Google shows a number of French watch companies used this exact dial layout at that time, e.g. REC and Le Marque.....Interesting. My guess is that the GO East German Co. copied the design of French diving watches of the time, communist factories being renowned for doing just this with all types of products from cameras to aircraft.

Thanks for pointing this out pinpull, it gives my new watch an interesting back story on which I will do a bit of extra research

A
    Thanks for the info aamaci, I wasn’t aware of any of that and it does make sense. I do love the look of your watch dial, and having lusted after the Seaq since it was reintroduced, the similarity was instantly evident.

Enjoy your watch, and would be nice to see a wrist shot to see how those chunky numerals work on the smaller case size, as the Seaq is just over 43mm

Thanks for the info aamaci, I wasn’t aware of any of that and it does make sense. I do love the look of your watch dial, and having lusted after the Seaq since it was reintroduced, the similarity was instantly evident.

Enjoy your watch, and would be nice to see a wrist shot to see how those chunky numerals work on the smaller case size, as the Seaq is just over 43mm

Yes when I saw the image of the Sea q, my immediate thought was "eek! I've bought a fake!" but no need to worry, it seems there were a lot of companies using this, or very similar design dial at the time There are plenty of shots of LeForbans from the 1960's on the net.

So there you go pinpull, a wrist shot as requested

my wrist is about 7.5" and round in shape.

Out of interest, here's an image I pinched off the web of a French REC Sous Marine with the same dial.

Sadly, of course, the movement in mine isn't on the same planet as the Glashutte, however the case and dial are well done....and 16th of the price!

A

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I've got this little somewhat diistant incoming(don't know when I'll be allowed to visit my dad to collect it and don't want him going to the PO unnecessarily so tolf him to just hang onto it). It isn't working and he seems to remember the movement is rusty so could be facing a lengthy repair once I do get it.

He's been insisting he still had this watch for donkeys years but I was convinced it must have gone AWOL during our old house clearance when my parents got divorced mid 90's. Dad lost the plot a bit at the time so myself my sister and mum had to clear the entire house in 3 days(after work!) and had to be ruthless. So much stuff was lost but it was unavoidable.

Anyway since then he insisted he'd seen it once but couldn't remember where, 25 years of hearing that I wasn't convinced. That was until last week when he called me to tell me he found it in a box of bits in to he corner of his loft, he DID still have it and he said I'm welcome to it as too small for him now. I plan to get it brought back to life and have it refurbished, most of the scratches are from storage so I don't care about keeping it in its current state and would prefer to have it looking lovely again.

Very classic(is small at 34mm which I'm happy wearing) and I love a nice grey dial. Pretty excited even though I know it will probably be Summer if not later by the time I get to actually wear it. Good things and all that.

Only photo he's sent me, he's very good at photographing birds(yeah yeah, I mean the winged ones) but less so a watch it would seem.

I guess not a popular model here but a little follow up, managed a quick outdoor meet-up when my dad came up for his vaccine so I have it now, or I did. It's currently with William Rice and they've already confirmed that it is indeed in a very bad way, alot of movement rust and going to cost me probably the value of the watch to get it back up and running. Going to have it done though as it will be worth it to me, it's either that or put it back in a drawer unloved which would seem a real shame. I think dad will be chuffed to see me wearing it after all this time, he thinks it's been in that box for 30 years.

I'll post another pic when complete.

Yes when I saw the image of the Sea q, my immediate thought was "eek! I've bought a fake!" but no need to worry, it seems there were a lot of companies using this, or very similar design dial at the time There are plenty of shots of LeForbans from the 1960's on the net.

So there you go pinpull, a wrist shot as requested

my wrist is about 7.5" and round in shape.

Out of interest, here's an image I pinched off the web of a French REC Sous Marine with the same dial.

Sadly, of course, the movement in mine isn't on the same planet as the Glashutte, however the case and dial are well done....and 16th of the price!

A
    Thanks A, that looks absolutely perfect on your wrist! Domed crystal is lovely.

Mine are 7.5’ also so I could save a fortune and get myself a Le Forban instead of the Seaq! However, that movement in the Seaq is something else... oh well, back to dreaming!

Last edited by pinpull; 7th February 2021 at 15:07.

I guess not a popular model here but a little follow up, managed a quick outdoor meet-up when my dad came up for his vaccine so I have it now, or I did. It's currently with William Rice and they've already confirmed that it is indeed in a very bad way, alot of movement rust and going to cost me probably the value of the watch to get it back up and running. Going to have it done though as it will be worth it to me, it's either that or put it back in a drawer unloved which would seem a real shame. I think dad will be chuffed to see me wearing it after all this time, he thinks it's been in that box for 30 years.

Very cool backstory. I think you're absolutely right the spend the money to bring this one back to life.

Journeyman
    I think dad will be chuffed to see me wearing it after all this time, he thinks it's been in that box for 30 years.

This will be a cool watch when up and running. Will be even more so if it has the riveted bracelet.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    This will be a cool watch when up and running. Will be even more so if it has the riveted bracelet.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Very cool backstory. I think you're absolutely right the spend the money to bring this one back to life.
    Thanks guys. Not a riveted bracelet I'm afraid, it's from 1971.

Crazy thing is I already had an incoming new watch which hasn't arrived yet, so that better be it for '21 now at least.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    That's absolutely lovely!

This is probably a silly question, but being so thin, does it feel solid?

I'm sure it is very solid, but I must admit I did wonder the same thing. It just looks so eerily thin! (in a very cool way)
    Last edited by M1011; 9th February 2021 at 02:40.

Arrived this morning

I've been waiting for this new Wolbrook PVD Mecaquartz chrono to be released for two months! DHL delivered it today (Monday) at 5pm. I have a couple special straps (one hand-made) to mate it with in a day or two. That's 10:04 pm Monday night.

What a great story and such a lovely piece!! Looking forward to seeing the results when you get it back.
    Are you going to be able to share any pictures taken during its repair?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Seal-Dweller; 9th February 2021 at 09:21.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Wow first time seeing it from this angle ... it’s proper thin!

Thank you :)

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I'm sure it is very solid, but I must admit I did wonder the same thing. It just looks so eerily thin! (in a very cool way)

I tried both this and the sandblasted titanium and sandblasted steel, the sandblasted titanium felt eerily weird, incredibly thin and light surely something like that cannot be...solid?

The steel feels perfectly fine, since the bracelet is rather wide, the overall weight is around 100g and it does feel solid, it does not feel like a watch with moving parts but rather a cuff.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I've been waiting for this new Wolbrook PVD Mecaquartz chrono to be released for two months! DHL delivered it today (Monday) at 5pm. I have a couple special straps (one hand-made) to mate it with in a day or two. That's 10:04 pm Monday night.

Wow, simply stunning!

Got the call yesterday.
    I think it was about a 4 month wait with the AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Got the call yesterday.
    I think it was about a 4 month wait with the AD.
    Very nice. Doesn't matter what I've bought it's always hard to beat a Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Seal-Dweller View Post
    What a great story and such a lovely piece!! Looking forward to seeing the results when you get it back.
    Are you going to be able to share any pictures taken during its repair?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks, appreciate you saying so. No idea but will see, might do a SOTC when it comes back and will pop any pics there if I get any.