timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 268 of 412 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,400 of 20561

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post
    Stowa arrived today.

The leather strap is very nice, thick and soft but a little too thick for my liking not that I'd be wearing it anyway as prefer rubber, so swapped over the bronze buckle to the Hirsch pure natural rubber I had set aside for this.

Initial thoughts after the first day... Certainly a finely made piece of kit. The bronze finish has been done by hand and whatever treatment they give it they say won't further oxidise in normal use but may react a little bit depending on what liquid it comes into contact with. A little annoying the strap buckle did not undergo the same treatment so will have to let that age over time, nothing major.

The movement (Selita SW215-1 Top grade) winding action is nice and well damped although the clicking ratchet sound as you wind is not as loud as the one in the Hamilton (Hamilton H-50). It is a very nice looking movement though as the photos will show and Stowa have removed the ghost position when you opt for no-date which is nice, was fully expecting a ghost position like on the Laco (Miyota 8315) since no mention of its removal online anywhere, unless this is a recent thing.

Even though the lume is old radium for the day colour, it hasn't affected the luminosity of the C3 in darkness, seems to be as bright as the bare C3 on the Laco which seems to last a fair while.

The size and weight is almost perfect for me. Nice having a thinner case.

Interesting observation on the domed sapphire, the way reflections move around on the surface is different to any other domed sapphire I have had or seen on a watch. It's hard to describe but it's very smooth and lacks any sort of distortion/magnification - Looks cool.

Accuracy is supposed to be 0 to +10s a day but will keep an eye on. I've heard watches getting magnetised in shipping as they go through various scanning machines and things as they depart and arrive through countries. I have a demagnetiser anyway though if it does appear to be running fast.

Many photos warning... Kinda funny that my photos below are the only photos online of this model with the hand wind movement and bronze caseback together :p

I love the heat blued hands the way they shimmer in the light:

On the wrist (6.7")

More photos...

Size comparison vs the Laco 39m and Hamilton 36mm:

Lume comparison:
    Lovely. And stunning photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Stowa arrived today.

The leather strap is very nice, thick and soft but a little too thick for my liking not that I'd be wearing it anyway as prefer rubber, so swapped over the bronze buckle to the Hirsch pure natural rubber I had set aside for this.

Initial thoughts after the first day... Certainly a finely made piece of kit. The bronze finish has been done by hand and whatever treatment they give it they say won't further oxidise in normal use but may react a little bit depending on what liquid it comes into contact with. A little annoying the strap buckle did not undergo the same treatment so will have to let that age over time, nothing major.

The movement (Selita SW215-1 Top grade) winding action is nice and well damped although the clicking ratchet sound as you wind is not as loud as the one in the Hamilton (Hamilton H-50). It is a very nice looking movement though as the photos will show and Stowa have removed the ghost position when you opt for no-date which is nice, was fully expecting a ghost position like on the Laco (Miyota 8315) since no mention of its removal online anywhere, unless this is a recent thing.

Even though the lume is old radium for the day colour, it hasn't affected the luminosity of the C3 in darkness, seems to be as bright as the bare C3 on the Laco which seems to last a fair while.

The size and weight is almost perfect for me. Nice having a thinner case.

Interesting observation on the domed sapphire, the way reflections move around on the surface is different to any other domed sapphire I have had or seen on a watch. It's hard to describe but it's very smooth and lacks any sort of distortion/magnification - Looks cool.

Accuracy is supposed to be 0 to +10s a day but will keep an eye on. I've heard watches getting magnetised in shipping as they go through various scanning machines and things as they depart and arrive through countries. I have a demagnetiser anyway though if it does appear to be running fast.

Many photos warning... Kinda funny that my photos below are the only photos online of this model with the hand wind movement and bronze caseback together :p

I love the heat blued hands the way they shimmer in the light:

On the wrist (6.7")

More photos...

Size comparison vs the Laco 39m and Hamilton 36mm:

Lume comparison:

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This +100, the darker strap really makes the watch head pop. It's too conflicting on the brown IMO. Really keen to see how the Stowa bronze alloy ages, post updates please in due course!

Cheers! Will check in with a pic or two every now and then to show progress (if any!) :)

Master
    Cheers! Will check in with a pic or two every now and then to show progress (if any!) :)
    I'm not generally a fan of bronze watches, but like that a lot.
    I'd also be interested to see how it ages.

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Just bought one of these for my son. Hope he doesn't lose it like the g-shock before

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    That’s great! What is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Picked this up yesterday in a shady car-park trade...

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Picked this up yesterday in a shady car-park trade...

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    That’s great! What is it?

Can use code OFF10 for 10% discount. I ordered on Sunday night arrived Wednesday

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

It stacks up very well.

Definitely prefer it to the Tudor, there's a bit more going on with the case and the bezel depth is more in proportion to my eyes. The Tudor bezel action is hard to beat though. Finishing seems about on par between the two.

Completely different beast to the Sinn U50, much bigger in every direction but it has that Seiko magic with the case size. Much, much taller though.

The Sinn feels like a small tank, slim but tough enough for anything.

The Seiko feels like a tool hewn from something stupidly solid but with a good degree of refinement.

Seiko easily wins the lume battle. I don't like the bracelet but that's pretty standard for me.

Not sure which of the 2 I prefer yet. The Sinn is still up on SC though so that probably tells me something

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Lovely to see a new one without the lume pip at 3.

How does it stack up against the recent Black Bay and Sinn?

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    It stacks up very well.

Definitely prefer it to the Tudor, there's a bit more going on with the case and the bezel depth is more in proportion to my eyes. The Tudor bezel action is hard to beat though. Finishing seems about on par between the two.

Completely different beast to the Sinn U50, much bigger in every direction but it has that Seiko magic with the case size. Much, much taller though.

The Sinn feels like a small tank, slim but tough enough for anything.

The Seiko feels like a tool hewn from something stupidly solid but with a good degree of refinement.

Seiko easily wins the lume battle. I don't like the bracelet but that's pretty standard for me.

Not sure which of the 2 I prefer yet. The Sinn is still up on SC though so that probably tells me something
    The last time I sold a BB was because the SLA021 was worn more and they scratched the same itch -- both now gone. I've debated trying a Sinn (maybe the UX) for the same itch so we'll see but there's something about the MM300 I keep coming back to. Had two, no doubt I'll have a third, just a question of when.

Journeyman
    I'd have a very hard time choosing between those. On design alone (bar the thickness IMO) the Seiko wins hands down. Such an iconic case shape and wears exceptionally well. I think you've made the right choice keeping the Sinn on SC.

Just arrived this morning. Omega Seamaster 2020 Tokyo Olympics. I really love the blue colour combination on this one

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Just arrived this morning. Omega Seamaster 2020 Tokyo Olympics. I really love the blue colour combination on this one

Very nice, congrats. I absolutely love the current Seamaster Diver range. Am I right in thinking there's no colour on the top of the seconds hand on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Very nice, congrats. I absolutely love the current Seamaster Diver range. Am I right in thinking there's no colour on the top of the seconds hand on this one?
    That's right, the hands apear black in most lighting conditions with no additional colour on the seconds. The blue ceramic bezel is less vibrant than the Omega website renderings might suggest and the text on the dial is a dark navy which could pass as black except in bright conditions.

Omega really got the colour combinations right on this watch.

Last edited by Wazza; 9th May 2021 at 15:26.

Not exactly a new incoming, but a watch that has just come back from a full service and new crystal by Olli of this parish who did an absolutely superb job on it:

Two 41 year old fatties together, a Fat Nav and a Fatboy

Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 8th May 2021 at 16:06.

That's a very sweet Olympics 2020 Omega there Wazza. I have the black ceramic model but that blue looks fab.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Don’t see many vintage dress watches on here these days, but after foolishly selling my one of these back in 2006, I finally found another one good enough to find its way into the collection.

A 1963 solid 9ct Longines Flagship.

With beautiful numerals. If you like that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Don’t see many vintage dress watches on here these days, but after foolishly selling my one of these back in 2006, I finally found another one good enough to find its way into the collection.

A 1963 solid 9ct Longines Flagship.

With beautiful numerals. If you like that sort of thing.

Very nice

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Nice ... I'd love to see one of those in real life ...
    Thanks! The Grand Seiko boutique in London has a couple (as of about 10 days when I went) if you’re able to get there. Well worth the trip if you’re a Seiko fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooo perfect.....(for me at least)

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

ok i had never seen a g shock i would have like to own till now!, its the rubber/ plastic straps / case/ all digi display square case shape etc i never found appealing

The first chronometer in my vintage Seiko collection has arrived (6246-9000). Decided to take a chance on a listing that had pretty poor photos and put in a bid I thought had no realistic chance of winning. Turns out it had a chance. There's some very light spotting on the dial, but nothing you notice when wearing it. The gold medallion on the back is in good condition too. It even seems to run pretty accurately and the bracelet was sized perfectly for my wrist when it arrived. Bit of a steal overall.
    Also added the correct bracelet to my World Timer, so a good haul this time. Now if only my photos would be a bit better...

And of course I couldn't resist this box. The plastic clips are far too big for bracelets sized for my puny wrist, so I'll have to come up with a solution for that. And I'll have to double my collection apparently...

Master

MM300 SBDX001 from 2014. Spotted this for sale on WUS last week and it turned out that the seller stays in Falkirk, so not too far away. Picked it up on Saturday and finally wearing it today. The strap is horrible. The ones that accompany some MM200s are so much more supple. I’ll have to try it on the bracelet.

always want one when I first saw the pix and over the years, struggled to justify whether I should buy one by saying that I have more watches than I need, the case shape is not what I like...etc...missed more than 1/2 a dozen in various sale forums ....till finally I've bargained for an affordable price and the whole transaction from payment to P2P delivery was completed within 9 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post

MM300 SBDX001 from 2014. Spotted this for sale on WUS last week and it turned out that the seller stays in Falkirk, so not too far away. Picked it up on Saturday and finally wearing it today. The strap is horrible. The ones that accompany some MM200s are so much more supple. I’ll have to try it on the bracelet.
    If you like the look of the rubber try the uncle seiko version, for a cheaper alternative the Degaz version of the rubber strap is also a bit softer than the OEM. The US is miles better though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    always want one when I first saw the pix and over the years, struggled to justify whether I should buy one by saying that I have more watches than I need, the case shape is not what I like...etc...missed more than 1/2 a dozen in various sale forums ....till finally I've bargained for an affordable price and the whole transaction from payment to P2P delivery was completed within 9 hours.
    I think this is one of the best coloured dials around and overall the best of the 'modern' Breitling designs.
    I'd love one with a plainer bezel.

this is an entry model in terms of functionalities and pricing, but with some interesting features...a bright yellowish dial and 3,000M, they can charge you more than a Seiko...BTW, its bezel is not actually qualified for pro-diving..:-)

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post

I put mine straight onto an Isofrane original

Master
    Aye, I’m checking out alternatives to the OEM strap, which is totally inflexible. But the watch is so much more than the cheap and nasty rubber.

Something understated.....

As an aside the isoframe has a lovely vanilla smell! Has anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    ... As an aside the isoframe has a lovely vanilla smell! Has anyone else noticed this?
    Most quality natural rubber straps are impregnated thus - I have a Bonetto Cinturini which absolutely REEKS - can't leave it by the bedside it's so strong.

- which reminds me Bonetto Cinturini are lovely quality, sane £, tons of colours, and do a number of Seiko replica patterns

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Most quality natural rubber straps are impregnated thus - I have a Bonetto Cinturini which absolutely REEKS - can't leave it by the bedside it's so strong.

- which reminds me Bonetto Cinturini are lovely quality, sane £, tons of colours, and do a number of Seiko replica patterns
    Agreed. Lovely strap but I can’t stand the smell. I had to move mine on as I could smell it constantly as I went about my day. It was as if someone had rubbed vanilla extract on my top lip.

Master
    Black Bay 58 Black getting picked up on Thursday... I think this might actually be my only AD buy despite going through about 20 watches in the last 6/7 years! Everything else has been eBay, SC or Grey...

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

As an aside the isoframe has a lovely vanilla smell! Has anyone else noticed this?

No but I’m looking now!

Looks very nice

Master
    Another new Steinhart 39 for me. This was the one I had said for years, if they do one, I’d buy it. Sold out on Gnomon straight away whilst I pondered, so I bought two 39 GMTs in the intervening period (one to be sold to cover this!). I like it and something different.
    Ken was bang on that it wears bigger though, feels and looks identical to my SMPc 41.

This smasher arrived today, and got 10/10 from Mrs G as, and I quote ‘it’s not a sports watch’

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    This smasher arrived today, and got 10/10 from Mrs G as, and I quote ‘it’s not a sports watch’

Congratulations! I wondered who had bought that. No way I could pull it off but what a watch. Enjoy.

love that

wheres that from?

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post

Sellers regret already!!!! Hopefully my incomings make up for it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Seiko Solar Tuna - SNE498P1

New watch delivered today, although not for me, bought as a present for my fathers birthday next month.

Not seen him for roughly 2 1/2yrs - various reasons of living abroad, lockdown etc, he went shopping with his partner the other day and sent me some pictures, he mentioned he wanted to treat himself to this watch (knowing my dad means it wouldn't happen). Some quick detective work found the jewellers in Caterham, quick call slight discount and received next day - great service.

Wears smaller than the pictures suggests. If I didn't have my vintage Arnie - I can see the appeal. Was looking to buy the new Arnie for him but he preferred this. (Shame as I have 30% off the Seiko Boutique up to £500 to be used).
    Last edited by McBeardy; 11th May 2021 at 22:38.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    love that

wheres that from?
    Aquadive Poseidon GMT Ltd Edition. Colour scheme would work much better on a Thai beach than its current home in Southwest London but I can't have it all :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    New watch delivered today, although not for me, bought as a present for my fathers birthday next month.

Not seen him for roughly 2 1/2yrs - various reasons of living abroad, lockdown etc, he's went shopping with partner the other day and sent me some pictures, he mentioned he wanted to treat himself to this watch (knowing my dad means it wouldn't happen). Some quick detective work found the jewellers in Caterham, quick call slight discount and received next day - great service.

Wears smaller than the pictures suggests. If I didn't have my vintage Arnie - I can see the appeal. Was looking to buy the new Arnie for him but he preferred this. (Shame as I have 30% off the Seiko Boutique up to £500 to be used).
    Great gesture Im sure you Dad will really appreciate the watch, enjoy the suprise / reveal.

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Congratulations! I wondered who had bought that. No way I could pull it off but what a watch. Enjoy.
    I’d been after a zenith for a while, and I can wear a bigger watch, so this one seemed to make a lot of sense. It’s a stunner in the flesh. All I need now is a 24mm Erikas!

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Picked this one up yesterday, took me by surprise as went into my local AD to view the new tudors, but once on the wrist I couldn’t resist.

Day date 40 with silver diagonal motif dial.

Last edited by Billyloves2boogie; 12th May 2021 at 11:20.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thats a very impressive impulse buy Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Billyloves2boogie View Post
    Picked this one up yesterday, took me by surprise as went into my local AD to view the new tudors, but once on the wrist I couldn’t resist.

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Thats a very impressive impulse buy Chris
    You’re not wrong Ben, still pinching myself now.
    Full fat rrp too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Billyloves2boogie; 12th May 2021 at 11:52.

An unplanned £30k splurge, must be nice :)

Enjoy it.

What an upsell that was. Bet you and the AD are in equal shock.

Great looking watch especially the dial.

Stunning. Money well spent. Congratulations on such an iconic watch.

Congrats Chris!