closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 274 of 416 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,700 of 20767

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Looks good. I've looked at this a few times as a somewhat blend of the MM200 and turtle SRP models.
    Thanks
    I have a MM200 Great Blue Hole, and have had modern turtles. I would say build quality is far far superior to the turtle and on par definitely with the MM200, although be it very different in feel because of titanium vs SS. I have had titanium watches before, X33 etc, but always wished they were in SS.
    I hope I’m over that now? As the Shogun is a nice watch.

Craftsman
    Picked this one up this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    This arrived this morning - C63 Elite...

Quote Originally Posted by coredriller View Post

Very nice

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

A pleasure to wear in this warm weather being so light and comfortable.

Fantastic.. the platinum version is a 'grail' (as much as i hate the word)

Well, I can now announce that the hunt for a reasonably priced Daytona is officially over, for good. Picked this up from Martyn over a few drinks yesterday evening, and it's everything I'd hoped it would be. It's also a really innovative watch with it's new El Primero 3600 movement, on which I'll post a proper review - with photos - shortly.

Currently on the wrong wrist due to some tattoo work I had carried out a couple of days ago!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I can now announce that the hunt for a reasonably priced Daytona is officially over, for good. Picked this up from Martyn over a few drinks yesterday evening, and it's everything I'd hoped it would be. It's also a really innovative watch with it's new El Primero 3600 movement, on which I'll post a proper review - with photos - shortly.

Currently on the wrong wrist due to some tattoo work I had carried out a couple of days ago!
    Congrats, looks good! You weren't tempted to try sourcing one with the bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Congrats, looks good! You weren't tempted to try sourcing one with the bracelet?
    Thank you! I tend to prefer straps on my watches so going for the rubber was not a problem. I'm thinking about whether or not to buy the bracelet (and possibly get it brushed), but the truth is it'll probably just sit in the box.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 6th June 2021 at 09:18.

Thank you! I tend to prefer straps on my watches so going for the rubber was not a problem. I'm thinking about whether or not to buy the rascelet (and possibly get it brushed), but the truth isd it'll probably just sit in the box.
    Fair point and the strap seems to suit. One potential issue with the bracelet is it makes the whole watch look visually quite big, a strap does soften the look somewhat. Surprised we haven't seen many more about in the forum actually.

Fair point and the strap seems to suit. One potential issue with the bracelet is it makes the whole watch look visually quite big, a strap does soften the look somewhat. Surprised we haven't seen many more about in the forum actually.
    So am I. It's a genuinely beautiful watch with a shedload of technical merit as well. A Daytona killer, even

And how is it? Been tempted but then many other things are tempting too

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post

Lovely looking watch but I just wish it didn't say Christopher Ward on it - it feels a little department store own-brand.

Craftsman
    So am I. It's a genuinely beautiful watch with a shedload of technical merit as well. A Daytona killer, even
    very keen to get my hands on one too, but have heard whispers that there are some technical issues with these currently. Hopefully this one will run perfectly and certainly a lovely looking watch, so congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    very keen to get my hands on one too, but have heard whispers that there are some technical issues with these currently. Hopefully this one will run perfectly and certainly a lovely looking watch, so congrats.
    Really? I've not seen anything in the reviews I've read but will keep my eyes peeled.

Really? I've not seen anything in the reviews I've read but will keep my eyes peeled.
    Same, I haven't heard anything either - maybe that is holding back supply?

Same, I haven't heard anything either - maybe that is holding back supply?
    I suppose it's possible. I'm sure we'll know soon enough, but I'd be surprised if it were true as the watch has been available for a while now and there are plenty out there in the wild.

Master
    I seem to remember that Martyn had trouble and had to return the watch. He mentioned it on TZ.

Master
    No it’s on the right wrist, not the left😀, which is the right wrist imo. Even though right handed I wear on the right wrist. Had the same problem tattoo-wise 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    No it’s on the right wrist, not the left, which is the right wrist imo. Even though right handed I wear on the right wrist. Had the same problem tattoo-wise 2 weeks ago.
    Hah! I need to update my tattoo thread once I'm healed, actually!

I really do like that. The detail on the subdials looks beautiful in the photographs I’ve seen.

Am I right in thinking that the chrono-seconds hand does one full circle of the dial per second?

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post

Looks really good, would love to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Martyn and FK77 returned theirs due to issues. Can't remember what Martyn's issue was but FK's was chrono related.

Either way lovely watch and I doubt all of them are suffering issues.

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    I really do like that. The detail on the subdials looks beautiful in the photographs I’ve seen.

Am I right in thinking that the chrono-seconds hand does one full circle of the dial per second?
    Per ten seconds, Colin.

Master
    Martyn and FK77 returned theirs due to issues. Can't remember what Martyn's issue was but FK's was chrono related.

Correct: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5710532. When returning it, I didn’t leave the shop until their in-house watchmaker admitted it was problematic. Took a few attempts for them to acknowledge.

I must say I am tempted again after seeing the pictures. Just need some reassurance that the issues aren’t widespread. It was a lovely looking watch and felt more special than any of the watches I have/had.

Mine is Martyn’s replacement, so I know it’s okay.

Well it was his second purchase!

His first was a black dial. He hasn’t had this one for long either and so I would just keep a eye out just in case and fingers crossed it only affects a small number of the first few watches.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Well it was his second purchase!

His first was a black dial. He hasn’t had this one for long either and so I would just keep a eye out just in case and fingers crossed it only affects a small number of the first few watches.
    Yes, I was aware of the issue with his first one. I will be keeping an eye on it, although at the moment everything is functioning perfectly and it's running at +1spd.

Lovely watch. Looks much better in the metal than pics - very premium feeling.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries

A new brand for me, Fortis Amadee20 Mission to Mars.

44m, Titanium, Chronograph mod. 7750. Really liked the design, enough to overcome its size disadvantages. I usually prefer 40-42mm

More information here: https://www.fortis-swiss.com/amadee-20/

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    A new brand for me, Fortis Amadee20 Mission to Mars.

44m, Titanium, Chronograph mod. 7750. Really liked the design, enough to overcome its size disadvantages. I usually prefer 40-42mm

More information here: https://www.fortis-swiss.com/amadee-20/
    That is very nice. They are very under rated, this one has a great dial.
    I like the strap as well. A Nick Mankey.
    What is the bezel used for? (The 2 lume plots) - ignore me.
    A handy fiction if you are on Mars, being Ti I am sure it will wear well. The steel B42s are a bit of a lump on the bracelet.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 7th June 2021 at 15:26.

Marinemaster Sbbn015

Craftsman
    Eterna Super Kontiki...bought on here a few weeks ago..popped it on the DiModell waterproof..comes originally on a mesh with a silly clasp..

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I finally got my hands on this one after a long wait, chuffed with it!

Congratulations on your choice.
    The 3940 is one of my all time favourite pieces, that I had the pleasure to own & wear

Always did prefer Coke over Pepsi. Despite my Richard Keys arms the jubilee wears really well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Finally tracked down a good Planet Ocean 2500,:42mm.
    Absolutely delighted with it.
    I feel inclined to do some sort of write up on this because it ticks so many boxes.IMG_20210608_071643832_HDR~2.jpg

Sent from my moto g(9) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Buzzing with this one!

A somewhat unusual Seiko arrived from Japan. This is a 5619-7000 Duotime from May 1972. The most striking thing about it is obviously the orange hand that is used to track a second timezone on the same 12hr scale as the main hands. The orange hand is independantly ajustable in 1hr increments. It also features a quick set date and the automatic movement can be handwound. And just to stir someting up, I believe Rolex didn't have the independant gmt/2nd timezone hand with a quick set date until around 1983...
    The 5619 movement comes from the same base movement as that used in, amongst others, the 56KS and 56GS models. The only downside of the movement is that it suffers from the same issue as other members of the 56xx movement familiy: the part used for setting the orange hand and the date (and in other 56XX models for setting the day and date) is made of plastic and tends to break easily. The shape of the case is also reminiscent of some KS and GS models.
    There's not a lot of information available on these. From what I can tell there we're two series, the 5619-7000, produced only in may and november 1972, and the 5619-701X, produced in november 1972 and possibly a little later. The 5619-7000 came with white and beautiful deep blue dials (those are the only variants in a 1973 brochure), and I think I've seen a silver dial on Ebay too. The 5619-701X series came in blue and whie dials as well and has a chapter ring with minute track on the outside of the dial, but dropped the name 'Duotime' from the dial, which is one of the things I like best about the earlier models. As can be seen by the symbol below the word 'Duotime' these models came out of the Suwa factory.

As pictured in a 1973 brochure

And here is my new arrival on the original bracelet

And with it's blue sibling that I got some time last year

Blog Entries
    After a 2 year wait I finally got the call and picked this up today, absolutely love it:

And on the way home I decided to detour via the Rolex Service Centre in St James Sq to treat this old girl to a new jubilee strap:

The customer service in both places was superb.

Master
    Like 2 new watches
    Nice one

Craftsman
    Great combo. Out of interest did you have much history with the AD or is that the standard wait time for the average Joe?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    Great combo. Out of interest did you have much history with the AD or is that the standard wait time for the average Joe?
    Hate to admit it but no purchasing history with this AD bar a watch service last year. Hopefully that gives hope to others in the same situation.

Edited to add: they did offer me a Sub a couple of weeks back which I declined, not sure if that helps the quest for a 'unicorn' piece based on leaving a watch for others and not taking for profiteering.

Picked up the new 41mm IWC Chrono. Feels like a significant upgrade over the outgoing model.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Picked up the new 41mm IWC Chrono. Feels like a significant upgrade over the outgoing model.

I have a real liking for IWCs. This is nice but a couple of mm too small for me I think.
    Wear it well

Master
    Picked this up on Tuesday... I feel a 908.006 or 844 could be next !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Hate to admit it but no purchasing history with this AD bar a watch service last year. Hopefully that gives hope to others in the same situation.

Edited to add: they did offer me a Sub a couple of weeks back which I declined, not sure if that helps the quest for a 'unicorn' piece based on leaving a watch for others and not taking for profiteering.
    Thanks, that’s not too bad in the scheme of things!
    I agree about declining the Sub - you’d like to think that they saw you as a serious buyer and not just there to make a quick profit.

This arrived from our host a couple of days ago.

F.T.F.A.

This arrived a couple of weeks ago and I love it....