closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 311 of 413 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,550 of 20614

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Fancied an HAQ and decided upon this one. Great size for me at 36mm, 100m WR and really nicely finished. Arrived today and has cheered me up since I tested positive for Covid last night.

That looks nice (seems covid isn't always accompanied by a loss of taste -- good luck going through it, btw).

Some lovely incomings today.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    That looks nice (seems covid isn't always accompanied by a loss of taste -- good luck going through it, btw).
    :-) Thank you! Nothing too bad so far. Just a bit achy and out of sorts. Three in the household currently have it with a ten year old escaping (so far).

Master
    A few recent incomings for me:

Last edited by mtagrant; 26th January 2022 at 19:16.

Master
    Fancied an HAQ and decided upon this one. Great size for me at 36mm, 100m WR and really nicely finished. Arrived today and has cheered me up since I tested positive for Covid last night.

Sorry to hear Covid's got you. I wish you a speedy recovery with no afteraffects.

Tell me more about the watch! That looks great, and 36mm is perfect. But I can only find a 40mm version on Wempe's website.

Go on, tempt me!

Nice. Been tempted myself.

Master

SLGA009

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    A few recent incomings for me:

Decent trio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Nice Mr T! Nice. That got me (and a few others by the sounds of it) Googling!

Lovely and even happier to hear it s 40mm!

Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon View Post
    I didn’t realise this model was out in the wild yet. You must be one of the first. Looks nice, more photos needed!!

This has everything I normally dislike or avoid in a watch but I really like it. It looks great and I think you made the right choice.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Sorry to hear Covid's got you. I wish you a speedy recovery with no afteraffects.

Tell me more about the watch! That looks great, and 36mm is perfect. But I can only find a 40mm version on Wempe's website.

Go on, tempt me!
    Thank you!

The 36mm version is actually on their site in the ladies section :-)

https://www.wempe.com/en-gb/watches/...i000002?c=8804

It’s available in 36mm and 40mm in black, blue and white dials. Both auto and quartz chronometer grade.

I’d been looking for a smaller HAQ and this really does tick all the boxes for me. The quartz movement is the same base movement used in the Aqua Terra so it should perform well. I’m also really impressed with the finishing. The combination of brushed and polished surfaces on the case and bracelet is very well done. I’ve said in another thread that the bracelet is well made and very comfortable with a good solid clasp. Bracelet is brushed with a lovely polished chamfer on the edge and then back to brushed for the sides. Screwed links are also nice to have. I have read some find it difficult to get a perfect fit as there are no micro adjustments but the half links have enabled me to get a perfect fit. The crystal has superb AR coating and the writing on the slightly sunburst dial is a subtle metallic silver which is replicated for the date window (The blue and white dials also have matching colour date wheel). Lume hasn’t been tested yet but seems reasonable. For me it’s a great pick up and go. Being an HAQ I shouldn’t need to mess with adjusting it too much and with a screw down crown and 100m WR it’s has me covered for any of my activities. Overall a really well made little watch.

Ps. If bought via Wempe apparently you also get free lifetime battery changes which is nice customer service.

That's very handsome watch. May I ask what is the lug to lug measurement and are the centre links brushed?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    That's very handsome watch. May I ask what is the lug to lug measurement and are the centre links brushed?

On this 36mm version the actual watch head is about 42mm but the integrated end links do add a little (about 44/45mm from end of one link to the other) although they do point downwards and hug the wrist nicely.

The main top part of the centre links are brushed with the inside edges polished to match the outer edges of the links. The sides of bracelet are brushed. The case sides are brushed with a small polished edge which again matches the bracelet. Very nicely done indeed.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 27th January 2022 at 00:04.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

My next income is a HKED from Hong Kong with beautiful sunburst blue dial and seagull hand wind ST1901 column wheel chronograph.

Pay attention because I learned that there are fake (!) watches offered in the web and indeed there are differences such as missing ar coating or missing brushed case surfaces s as well as missing after sale service and support.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ginpopy; 27th January 2022 at 14:45.

On this 36mm version the actual watch head is about 42mm but the integrated end links do add a little (about 44/45mm from end of one link to the other) although they do point downwards and hug the wrist nicely.

The main top part of the centre links are brushed with the inside edges polished to match the outer edges of the links. The sides of bracelet are brushed. The case sides are brushed with a small polished edge which again matches the bracelet. Very nicely done indeed.
    Thanks for the info. I assumed it would be around 42-44mm but I watched a YouTube vid by Watchadvisor who was comparing the various models in this range and he said the lug to lug was 37mm which didn't sound right.

Master
    grand seiko sbgw231. Just arrived. Very happy.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    This encapsulates pretty much everything that TZ does not like, but I love it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvinManUK View Post
    My very first Zenith arrived today.

I love this!

Arrived this morning

Arrived this morning

Lovely, looks to be in amazing condition too.

Arrived this morning

Absolute beauty!!! What year is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    That's a super sexy dial!

Arrived this morning

Looks like it’s brand new. What a stunner

Quote Originally Posted by woodruffm View Post
    Lovely, looks to be in amazing condition too.
    Indeed, no word of a lie it could easily pass off as brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post
    Absolute beauty!!! What year is that from?
    T serial so roughly 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by RVFIO View Post
    Looks like it’s brand new. What a stunner
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    That dial gets a :thumbs up: from me! Super.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

New desk clock for the office. Smiths Mk5a 8-day chronograph. Was £120 with fees from a little auction house in Devon, which is quite a bargain when you know, which they didn’t, that it came out of an Avro Vulcan.

That's a superb looking omega, I have a thing for meteroite dials.

Would buy one of these If it was a 42mm.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianM View Post
    That's a superb looking omega, I have a thing for meteroite dials.

Would buy one of these If it was a 42mm.
    If I didnt know the size when I bought it I would've assumed 42.
    It wears a significantly smaller than its stats suggest as the ceramic is dark and lightweight.
    My AP and Deepsea both dwarf it, and they're both smaller on the spec sheets!

If I didnt know the size when I bought it I would've assumed 42.
    It wears a significantly smaller than its stats suggest as the ceramic is dark and lightweight.
    My AP and Deepsea both dwarf it, and they're both smaller on the spec sheets!
    That's is surprising to hear. I'd of thought it would wear like a a saucer on my scrawny wrist. 42mm already looks big on my wrist and usually the absolute limit of what I try and wear. I tend to stick to 40mm and under.

Must try to find somewhere with a omega chrono in the same case size to try on in person.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

MkI Roamer Rockshell in original box. Unmolested and with original crown, glass and bracelet. MST 471.
    As ever with Roamer very hard to date. 471 movement was produced from 66-73, so clearly in that window. Condition is so good it really could be anything and that movement could have 44, 28 or 17 jewels depending on when in the run it’s from. Keeping excellent time too. Happy.
    Case numbering for those who like to work Roamers out is MOD471-1120609, so (471) movement, (1) patented clamshell compression case, (12)in stainless steel, random fourth digit nobody understands (almost always a 0 or a 9) and style 609

Last edited by FrontierGibberish; 29th January 2022 at 06:58.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    MkI Roamer Rockshell in original box. Unmolested and with original crown, glass and bracelet. MST 471.
    As ever with Roamer very hard to date. 471 movement was produced from 66-73, so clearly in that window. Condition is so good it really could be anything and that movement could have 44, 28 or 17 jewels depending on when in the run it’s from. Keeping excellent time too. Happy.
    Case numbering for those who like to work Roamers out is MOD471-1120609, so (471) movement, (1) patented clamshell compression case, (12)in stainless steel, random fourth digit nobody understands (almost always a 0 or a 9) and style 609

Wow it really is NOS. There won’t be many of them out there in that condition.

Timex MK1 Mechanical
    I nearly got one of these when they were first released, but £160 seemed a bit steep. Anyway was idly browsing yesterday and saw that Timex UK had them back in stock (for the first time in a while I think) and discounted to £120. I then found a discount code for 30% off (WAVE30) and so got it for just over £80. Bargain.

Master
    My old beater/knock about watch has given up after 7yrs of abuse, i thought I'd replace it with something that's a bit of fun (no high horology here!) It surprisingly well made though.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Timex MK1 Mechanical
    I nearly got one of these when they were first released, but £160 seemed a bit steep. Anyway was idly browsing yesterday and saw that Timex UK had them back in stock (for the first time in a while I think) and discounted to £120. I then found a discount code for 30% off (WAVE30) and so got it for just over £80. Bargain.

That is a bit of a bargain at £80!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    That is a bit of a bargain at £80!
    Agreed! Great pick up. I’m tempted myself but I’m not sure about the green dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Agreed! Great pick up. I’m tempted myself but I’m not sure about the green dial.
    At £80 I reckon you could flip it on eBay without losing out if you decide you don’t like it

Been looking at microbrands recently. This echo/neutra Averau Moonphase PVD is my second go at a microbrand. I saw a review on Worn and Wound YT channel and thought that's a nice looking watch. A week later and it's on my wrist. I went for the PVD version on bracelet because I think it looks cool all murdered out.

This 214270 MK 2 new to me on Friday. I'm really happy with this pickup, it's more in keeping with how my watch tastes have developed over the last 5 years. It's certainly been a busy week with the BLNR leaving, but my small collection feels much more balanced now.

Master

Picked up my first ever Sub. Wears really nicely and the glidelock helps get the perfect fit.

The new anti-reflective coating applied to the sapphire crystal really makes the white text on black dial pop.

Didn’t get it into the sea just yet.

Master
    I’d been watching this on eBay for a little while and over the weekend it’s price just dived so I put in a cheeky offer and damned if it wasn’t accepted.

I love world time complications and have a fondness for Art Deco design too so this is perfect. Arrived this morning and it’s a lovely thing in the flesh.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

Picked up my first ever Sub. Wears really nicely and the glidelock helps get the perfect fit.

The new anti-reflective coating applied to the sapphire crystal really makes the white text on black dial pop.

Didn’t get it into the sea just yet.
    Thats lovely. I'm not surprised you didnt fancy taking it in the sea yet. Don't know if I'd even wear at the beach!

Recent arrival. Rolex Sea-Dweller SD43 from May 2017 MK1. UK watch and fully stickered

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Master
    Incoming - amazingly quick delivery as this was ordered on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Recent arrival. Rolex Sea-Dweller SD43 from May 2017 MK1. UK watch and fully stickered

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    On many days, it is my favorite watch from amongst many that I own and have owned.

I blame Gavbaz for this!

I’ve had my sights set on a BLRO for quite a while now, but seeing as so many others also had the same idea, it was becoming more and more apparent that they were getting further and further away from my grasp.

I saw Gav’s Friday thread pictures and sales post for his Explorer 2 and it really started to appeal to me, especially with the addition of the orange rubber.

Our delayed flight back to Vietnam meant that we had an extra two weeks in the UK. With that in mind I took Mrs K shopping for some jewellery. Whilst she was picking out a ring I asked the SA if I could try on the 2018 Polar 216570 they had in the window. Well to say I loved it was an understatement! It just oozed visual loveliness.
    I was going to purchase it there and then but knowing that the 50th anniversary was now out, I wanted to look into that model more closely to understand the differences.

The fatter bracelet and clasp appealed to me, as did the 70 hour power reserve. Also, and a little bit perversely, I wanted the coronet in between Swiss Made.

Anyway, fast forward four days and I am now in possession of an unworn and partly stickered 226570.
    I massively overpaid through a Grey, but I don’t really care. The watch surpasses my expectations and sits really well on the wrist.

Oddly enough, this is the first watch I think I’ve owned where the date can be moved forward and backwards by the hour hand.

I think this may be featuring in a few continuous Friday threads.

Thanks Gav (seriously).

Some quick and dirties for you.

Last edited by Jon Kenney; 2nd February 2022 at 17:05.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Incoming - amazingly quick delivery as this was ordered on Sunday.

And by 9.00am it was here

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I blame Gavbaz for this!

I’ve had my sights set on a BLRO for quite a while now, but seeing as so many others also had the same idea, it was becoming more and more apparent that they were getting further and further away from my grasp.

I saw Gav’s Friday thread pictures and also sales post for his Explorer 2 and it really started to appeal to me, especially with the addition of the orange rubber.

Our delayed flight back to Vietnam meant that we had an extra two weeks in the UK. With that I took Mrs K shopping for some jewellery. Whilst she was picking out a ring I asked the SA if I could try on the 2018 Polar 216570 they had in the window. Well to say I loved it was an understatement! It just oozed visual loveliness.
    I was going to purchase it there and then but knowing that the 50th anniversary was now out, I wanted to look into that model more closely to understand the differences.

The fatter bracelet and clasp appealed to me, as did the 70 hour power reserve. Also, and a little bit perversely, I wanted the coronet in between Swiss Made.

Anyway, fast forward four days and I am now in possession of an unworn and partly stickered 226570.
    I massively overpaid through a Grey, but I don’t really care. The watch surpasses my expectations and sits really well on the wrist.

Oddly enough, this is the first watch I think I’ve owned where the date can be moved forward and backwards by the hour hand.

I think this may be featuring in a few continuous Friday threads.

Thanks Gave (seriously).

Some quick and dirties for you.

Not to kerb your joy, but from those pics the hands seem misaligned.
    Last edited by rodia77; 2nd February 2022 at 13:13.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    On many days, it is my favorite watch from amongst many that I own and have owned.
    I really like this watch. possibly a bit loud for me, but I'd like to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Not to kerb your joy, but from those pics the hands seem misaligned.
    It's as it should be. The hand takes 24 hours to do a full revolution, as opposed to 12 of a normal hour hand.