TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 386 of 416 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast
Results 19,251 to 19,300 of 20798

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

G-Shock Midnight Fog Series.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    New in last night. DateJust on steroids
    Excellent decision Wiley. My favourite Rolex :-)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post

I dont think my record of watches worn is as hi tech as yours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mine even less so

RIAC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Mine even less so

I didnt know you did self portraits

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    I didnt know you did self portraits

Some of my finest work to date
    RIAC

And he’s 2023

You are not wearing a Rolex often enough.
    It is with great regret that I inform you that your name is temporarily removed from Rolex fanboys list.

Master
    You’d be surprised. Last year was stupid and I reduced a lot. This year I’ve reduced again a bit but will likely reduce further. Because I’m such a sad act here’s 2022

I bet that in that excel sheet somewhere is “how long did I keep the watch before flipping calculation”

My Wife thinks I probably have a similar spreadsheet as it’s in my nature too - but I actually don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    You are not wearing a Rolex often enough.
    It is with great regret that I inform you that your name is temporarily removed from Rolex fanboys list.
    52% of the time!
    That is fanboy territory.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I had no idea people kept a record of what watch they wore and how often.

Psychopaths.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Is there a waiting list for that list?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I had no idea people kept a record of what watch they wore and how often.

Psychopaths.
    On occasion I have been tempted to do the same but managed to avoid that. I just now keep records of what everyone else is wearing. But only on Fridays.

Which makes it alright.

Doesn't it?

No calculation of how long I kept a watch or any associated gain/loss. This is why I’ve banned myself from Tudor - £650 down the drain after 8 days of wear. Don’t even want to think about some of the others.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    On occasion I have been tempted to do the same but managed to avoid that. I just now keep records of what everyone else is wearing. But only on Fridays.

Which makes it alright.

Doesn't it?
    It does

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    It does
    Phew, thank you.

I was waiting for the Whitney Houston comeback there Wimm

It's not right
    But it's okay
    I'm gonna make it anyway

Master
    I was waiting for the Whitney Houston comeback there Wimm
    I'm sorry to disappoint, my knowledge of Whitney Houston's back catalogue is fairly sketchy. I expect the last time I heard that song was when Simon Mayo was still on Radio 1.

Journeyman
    Couple of incomings I was not expecting last week. Never used to like two tone watches but this definitely looks different in the flesh. I think the grey bezel compliments the two tone metals.

Not got a wrist shot of this yet as it is going to be a present for the Mrs. Definitely not for everyone but I think it’s a fun not so serous watch. I’ll post wrist shots soon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    Couple of incomings I was not expecting last week. Never used to like two tone watches but this definitely looks different in the flesh. I think the grey bezel compliments the two tone metals.

Not got a wrist shot of this yet as it is going to be a present for the Mrs. Definitely not for everyone but I think it’s a fun not so serous watch. I’ll post wrist shots soon.

Love that GMT. Enjoy.

Couple of recent incomings.

Beauty and the beast.

Master

That GMT is a looker indeed. That and the root beer are my current favourites.

And good on you for the bubble dial, what a great gift for the Missus!

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post

V happy to pick this one up

Love the GMT’s on jubilee’s but the oyster clasp ruined it for me personally, congratulations to you both and loving that Oyster Perpetual too (and yes I’m very much a self confessed Rolex Fanboy….)

New in last night. DateJust on steroids
    “Datejust on steroids”.

Brilliant, having owned one and flipped it for that exact reason I couldn’t have put it better myself!

Congratulations mate, hard to get piece, especially in the blue as we all know….

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    “Datejust on steroids”.

Brilliant, having owned one and flipped it for that exact reason I couldn’t have put it better myself!

Congratulations mate, hard to get piece, especially in the blue as we all know….
    Does make me wonder what was wrong with a DateJust. The list gets easier if you don't buy from an AD and pony up which is what I did. Never ends though as even with one watch gone tomorrow I'm on eBay now looking at a Seiko.

Master
    Never ends though as even with one watch gone tomorrow I'm on eBay now looking at a Seiko.
    Yep, it’s an affliction. We should be able to get help. Or at least National Lottery funding.

The steel and gold ceramic GMT has always worked really well IMO. Great catch and, as you say, the OP is a fun watch. Hope your other half loves it.

The best iteration of the Bulova Moon Watch IMO. Paired with a CNS nato today.

Love it, I’d keep it for myself!

Master
    This arrived today, thanks to Gunner for responding to a WTB I had

This found its way back to me today, and it's good to be reunited.

Master
    Love the GMT’s on jubilee’s but the oyster clasp ruined it for me personally, congratulations to you both and loving that Oyster Perpetual too (and yes I’m very much a self confessed Rolex Fanboy….)
    Glad you are wearing the SkyD and it’s no safe queen! Had quite a few offers of unworn ones when I had a WTB. But my other AD should be able to sort me out with one now and the Pepsi (on jubilee).

I’ve changed my mind on SkyD, previously thought of it was a bloated DJ41, but after trying this bad boy on, I’ve turned 180, great watch.

Think it may be iffy!
    Cake at my surprise 65th party.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomps68 View Post

Think it may be iffy!
    Cake at my surprise 65th party.

Platinum Milgauss, you don’t see many of them
    RIAC

Master
    Didn't get the Omega CK 859 511.12.39.21.99.002 with the intention of being a strap monster, but the one supplied was like a tourniquet on my larger wrist, so am considering options. In the meantime a simple black strap adds to the 39mm dress watch vibe.

Last edited by J J Carter; 23rd July 2023 at 20:58.

“Datejust on steroids”.

I never understood that comment mate…….”Datejust on steroids”

The Skydweller is so, so much more that that given it’s complication (most advanced movement that Rolex produces) and functionality……and all wrapped up in a 42mm case with 4 beautiful dial options on 2 different bracelets-excluding precious metal versions.

Best watch Rolex make and, relatively, inexpensive for what one gets for the dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I never understood that comment mate…….”Datejust on steroids”

The Skydweller is so, so much more that that given it’s complication (most advanced movement that Rolex produces) and functionality……and all wrapped up in a 42mm case with 4 beautiful dial options on 2 different bracelets-excluding precious metal versions.

Best watch Rolex make and, relatively, inexpensive for what one gets for the dough.

Please don’t think I was mocking (?) your watch nor anyone else’s Skydweller Gareth, my apologies if it appeared that I was.

I absolutely agree with your comments (even the “Best watch Rolex make”) but to me personally, who just “likes a nice watch” and isn’t really ‘in to’ the technicalities (?) of the movements and has no need of an annual calendar, it really did just feel like a ‘Big Datejust’.

In honesty and in hindsight, I think it’s fair to say that many of the qualities of the watch were clearly wasted on me.

Grand Master

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Datejust on Steroids is a great analogy.

Having more muscles than you need does appeal to some whereas others prefer the just enough. Lets be honest the Daytona has a chronograph but we only ever use it to time boiling an egg but its a 'nice to have'. And because its rare and worth more than we pay its desirable I have always said if the Daytona was regularly available and RRP or less it wouldn't be a goto at all.

Same with the Skydweller we often ask whats the date today? But cant remember ever asking what month is it? (Less maybe in the depths of drug addiction) and as with all GMT functions they are cool to know but seriously once Im in another time zone I usually can add or subtract upto 12 hours with ease (except when heavily drunk after an all dayer and who cares what time it is then!)

So yes it has more than it needs and like those big muscle boys walking down the road in tight t shirts there will always be those who marvel at the physique and others who prefer the lean functional confidence look of less is more.

If you go back through not only this forum but the internet you will read the initial reaction to the Skydweller and its dial not being a popular one but then a splash of colour and the 'over RRP' bit gets hold and wallah all of a sudden its a beauty. When in the trade full time I handled and wore every variation for years and never got particularly excited or attached to them.

That said now I like it alot in Blue and Green in Steel and Brown in Everose but being complicated is not better its more attractive to some, a bit like the ladies! Some prefer a plain classic no makeup well balanced, naturally beautiful and others like a dolled up occasionally psychotic and unnecessary hassle model that your mates and every bloke in the bar will oggle over but wouldnt want or need the baggage she comes with. In an ideal world I chose both and its irrelevant which one is better as both the DJ41 and Skydweller are watches that bring fit, form, and function plus pleasure to your life.

Wear in good health.
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 24th July 2023 at 04:10.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    Didn't get the Omega CK 859 511.12.39.21.99.002 with the intention of being a strap monster, but the one supplied was like a tourniquet on my larger wrist, so am considering options. In the meantime a simple black strap adds to the 39mm dress watch vibe.

This is a handsome watch. Very nice

I think DateJust on steroids is quite fair. Very complicated movement (for Rolex) but IMO definitely a big brother to the DateJust, not very different than a DSSD against Sub.

Then again I don’t see a huge amount of difference between a Sub and a GMT. Until the recent size change it was, visually, just an extra hour hand and PCLs.

Then again I don’t see a huge amount of difference between a Sub and a GMT. Until the recent size change it was, visually, just an extra hour hand and PCLs.
    And a bezel that turns both ways on the GMT

Grand Master
    I think DateJust on steroids is quite fair. Very complicated movement (for Rolex) but IMO definitely a big brother to the DateJust, not very different than a DSSD against Sub.

Repair / Service bill is a cheekier for a SkyDweller as you would expect whereas the DSSD / Sub isn’t. I also agree on the Sub/GMT they are very same same in many ways less the splashes of colour that a lot of people outside the watch nerd world reject for plain old black.

I always used to polish out the Center links on a GMT and polish them back when selling
    RIAC

Please don’t think I was mocking (?) your watch nor anyone else’s Skydweller Gareth, my apologies if it appeared that I was.

I absolutely agree with your comments (even the “Best watch Rolex make”) but to me personally, who just “likes a nice watch” and isn’t really ‘in to’ the technicalities (?) of the movements and has no need of an annual calendar, it really did just feel like a ‘Big Datejust’.

In honesty and in hindsight, I think it’s fair to say that many of the qualities of the watch were clearly wasted on me.

Hey, no worries at all Dan.

Would be boring if we all agreed or insisted (as some people here are somewhat prone to) that their opinion is/was always right and the only one with any merit. I only posted my reply to you as I have heard that phrase before about the the Skydweller and just think it misses the mark a little. But if that's how some view it, then that's completely fine of course.

All the best mate.

How are you liking your recently acquired Skydweller now?

There's certainly some overlap in the Rolex catalogue in aesthetics and certain features but, for some, there is enough small things that make one a bit more desirable than another.

How are you liking your recently acquired Skydweller now?

There's certainly some overlap in the Rolex catalogue in aesthetics and certain features but, for some, there is enough small things that make one a bit more desirable than another.
    Genuinely don't know. Went to the box the other day so managed to get a nice side by side with the RO but left the deposit box with the Sub ND41. So perfect it's almost boring.

Going to give it another week or two and see where I land. I think this is the upside of buying grey, no two/three year lock in or fear of a ban if you change your mind. Quite liberating in a way.

Genuinely don't know. Went to the box the other day so managed to get a nice side by side with the RO but left the deposit box with the Sub ND41. So perfect it's almost boring.

Going to give it another week or two and see where I land. I think this is the upside of buying grey, no two/three year lock in or fear of a ban if you change your mind. Quite liberating in a way.
    Funnily, i think it's the first rolex where the essay on the dial bugs me.

It's the first Rolex in a while that I find genuinely interesting - the 24hr dial, the month indicator, the bezel adjustment etc. Agree that it could be even better minus a couple of lines of text though.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Datejust on Steroids is a great analogy.

Having more muscles than you need does appeal to some whereas others prefer the just enough. Lets be honest the Daytona has a chronograph but we only ever use it to time boiling an egg but its a 'nice to have'. And because its rare and worth more than we pay its desirable I have always said if the Daytona was regularly available and RRP or less it wouldn't be a goto at all.

Same with the Skydweller we often ask whats the date today? But cant remember ever asking what month is it? (Less maybe in the depths of drug addiction) and as with all GMT functions they are cool to know but seriously once Im in another time zone I usually can add or subtract upto 12 hours with ease (except when heavily drunk after an all dayer and who cares what time it is then!)

So yes it has more than it needs and like those big muscle boys walking down the road in tight t shirts there will always be those who marvel at the physique and others who prefer the lean functional confidence look of less is more.

If you go back through not only this forum but the internet you will read the initial reaction to the Skydweller and its dial not being a popular one but then a splash of colour and the 'over RRP' bit gets hold and wallah all of a sudden its a beauty. When in the trade full time I handled and wore every variation for years and never got particularly excited or attached to them.

That said now I like it alot in Blue and Green in Steel and Brown in Everose but being complicated is not better its more attractive to some, a bit like the ladies! Some prefer a plain classic no makeup well balanced, naturally beautiful and others like a dolled up occasionally psychotic and unnecessary hassle model that your mates and every bloke in the bar will oggle over but wouldnt want or need the baggage she comes with. In an ideal world I chose both and its irrelevant which one is better as both the DJ41 and Skydweller are watches that bring fit, form, and function plus pleasure to your life.

Wear in good health.
    Very well worded Kerry, and absolutely agreed with.

Hey, no worries at all Dan.

Would be boring if we all agreed or insisted (as some people here are somewhat prone to) that their opinion is/was always right and the only one with any merit. I only posted my reply to you as I have heard that phrase before about the the Skydweller and just think it misses the mark a little. But if that's how some view it, then that's completely fine of course.

All the best mate.
    Thanks for your reply Gareth much appreciated, I’d hate to offend anyone unintentionally!!

…. And yep there’s certainly an ever increasing number of the self righteous on here!!

Master
    Seeing those two together like that it’s obvious to me which one is and will remain an all-time classic. Both are out of my reach but the AP is in a different league, imo.
    I will caveat that opinion by saying that all except one of my watches are either three handers or GMTs, so I’m not really a complications chap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Seeing those two together like that it’s obvious to me which one is and will remain an all-time classic. Both are out of my reach but the AP is in a different league, imo.
    I will caveat that opinion by saying that all except one of my watches are either three handers or GMTs, so I’m not really a complications chap.
    Whilst I agree with you, it’s worth baring in mind that they are in totally different price points, so complications aside, it’s not a close comparison.

If I was to only ever own two watches, it would be these two. The 15510 admittedly is pure class on the wrist, but the blue sky is also quite special in my view. It’s a watch that I think grows on you in time as it is slightly unusual. Interestingly it always better to me when I look at it on someone’s wrist than I do looking down at it. In the right light though that blue is fantastic.

Craftsman
    Can’t compete with AP or the Sky Dweller but pleased to have landed a 214270 explorer Mk2

An interesting contrast to the 36mm classics.

Master
    Never contemplated a DJ but the Sky dweller appeals because it's different. I doubt I'll ever buy one as I'm increasingly wary of wearing recognisable watches half that value but I'd also take it over the AP because of its complications.