Thread: Omega swatch snoopy

Omega swatch snoopy

Just saw a Instagram teaser for swatch omega collab with snoopy

Master

Omega swatch snoopy

Next moonswatch to be a Snoopy?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Seems like they are intent on “sweating “ everything Omega held dear. Not sure how notorious Snoopy is outside of WIS circles. Didnt Verv sell a Timex Snoopy edition on here last year.

I find it so weird that a watch with Snoopy on attracts so much attention but I think it looks great, I would buy a swatch one if available and looked decent.

I couldent resist this at a car boot some years ago for under £10 ( i really dislike fakes/copies/homages but........gulp).

Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    Just saw a Instagram teaser for swatch omega collab with snoopy
    A collab with Snoop would be more interesting.

If it isn’t a 1 day limited release like those moonshine ones then I am very likely to pick one up to go with my actual Snoopy Apollo 13th 50th!

Yes, I’m sure it’s just the full moon release
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Good stuff Swatch x Omega.

Its a shame Snoopy is being done to death as itll waterdown the nicer stuff but still.
    RIAC

I like that, first of these collabs that I’ve really wanted.

And it isn’t a limited edition so no need to rush out and queue!

Just wait and you will get one

Really like this.

Master
    For me the whole MoonSwatch thing has been marketing genius, but I personally haven’t liked any of them. In part it’s that they are landfill fodder, not being built to last, but also that they are quite a chunk of money in spite of that.

This one I think is pretty cool, like the look and the moonphase being there … but I can’t get over that it’s very expensive plastic. My first Speedie has been worn A LOT, and is now 33 years old. Chances of this lasting 5 years of daily knockabout?

Hope they do well, and particularly to bring new, younger people into the love and enjoyment of watches, but i think we should be designing things that last.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    For me the whole MoonSwatch thing has been marketing genius, but I personally haven’t liked any of them. In part it’s that they are landfill fodder, not being built to last, but also that they are quite a chunk of money in spite of that.

This one I think is pretty cool, like the look and the moonphase being there … but I can’t get over that it’s very expensive plastic. My first Speedie has been worn A LOT, and is now 33 years old. Chances of this lasting 5 years of daily knockabout?

Hope they do well, and particularly to bring new, younger people into the love and enjoyment of watches, but i think we should be designing things that last.
    I agree. A fun no worries watch for the price of a buckle. The negative nellies are too precious about quality. Its the price of a good night out and will last longer
    RIAC

There are 38 listed on eBay (UK) so these sellers seem confident about their availability.
    I think their pricing expectations may be off somewhat, though. But God loves a trier.

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    There are 38 listed on eBay (UK) so these sellers seem confident about their availability.
    I think their pricing expectations may be off somewhat, though. But God loves a trier.

There’s hopeful and then there is deluded!

Master
    Indeed. Swatch has been making this kind of product for 40+ years to the same formula and I don’t recall hearing too many protests until the Moonswatch release.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I agree. A fun no worries watch for the price of a buckle. The negative nellies are too precious about quality. Its the price of a good night out and will last longer

Craftsman
    I think this is fun and Mrs R is a big Snoopy fan and no doubt would love one. But the whole circus of trying to get one? Nah, don't think so!

Master
    It’s cute but I can’t image pulling off a large all white watch on a white strap. Then again I’m a long way from the target market, they’d much rather I paid a small fortune for the real thing, so I guess that’s what I’m supposed to think.

@ £270 the retail price I will buy one and if I dident like it I could always give it to one of my kids.

Craftsman
    I was seriously tempted by the all white IWC but was put off by the uncomfortable strap, with one of these it's cheap enough to bin off the rubbish standard strap (has anyone got on with the original?) and stick on a cheap £25 job. So all in all I think I'll get one if/when the opportunity arrises.

Well it looks like the hype worked in Amsterdam. Swatch shop assistant smiled when I strolled there for a casual viewing after lunch today. Apparently there was a big queue of more than 50 people this morning and the full supply sold out pretty much instantly. Not a LE though he of course could not say when resupply would happen. Not that fussed about it really but intrigued as to how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend got one today and sent a pic. This is how it looks

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    A friend got one today and sent a pic. This is how it looks

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
    Think that’ll look great on a black Nato.

Quote Originally Posted by bmpf View Post
    Well it looks like the hype worked in Amsterdam. Swatch shop assistant smiled when I strolled there for a casual viewing after lunch today. Apparently there was a big queue of more than 50 people this morning and the full supply sold out pretty much instantly. Not a LE though he of course could not say when resupply would happen. Not that fussed about it really but intrigued as to how it looks.

The one near Dam Square? Or the one near the Rijks Museum?

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    The one near Dam Square? Or the one near the Rijks Museum?
    Rijksmuseum. Thought the hype might be less here than near the Dam, but it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bmpf View Post
    Rijksmuseum. Thought the hype might be less here than near the Dam, but it wasn't.

I went past the one near Dam Sqr today, they aren’t expecting more this week, and didn’t even have the display one to show me as it ‘wasn’t available’