closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 219 of 413 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,950 of 20612

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Had this a week or so now and am very impressed.

Limited Edition of 300! Swiss auto movement, Cusn8 bronze case, 500m depth rating, 120 click bezel, superb build quality, Horween strap with a rubber one spare, and the icing on the cake... a meteorite (Muonionalusta) dial.

All of the above for well under Ł1k when it was available. How much would this spec have been if it had a ‘premium’ brand name stamped on the dial.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    Actually had it since March but the previous owner had such diddy wrists I couldn't even nearly wear it. Had the spare links but not the bits for them, until Seiko UK came through a couple of weeks back (free, which was nice of them). Then a friend, also of this parish, fitted the links for me today.
    It's a SCED065 Giugiaro “White Mountaineering”. Italian designer Giorgetto Giugiaro is a legend. Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta, Maserati Ghibli, BMW M1, DeLorean, VW Scirocco, Gordon-Keeble GT, are amongst 150 cars he designed, as well as many Nikon cameras and lots else. He did three watches for Seiko in the 80s (famously including the "Ripley", as it became known later).
    He reprised his driver’s/rider’s watch design for them four years ago as Seiko wished to use it (in very limited numbers - 700 in fact) to celebrate Japanese men’s clothing store White Mountianeering’s anniversary. He changed the design quite a lot, particularly the colours. It’s a steel chrono in PVD.
    The dial is turned six degrees off-centre and the whole face sits at an angle to make it easy to read without removing your hand from the wheel or handlebar. The bracelet, with it’s “reptilian” bulge is completely unique to the watch too. That’s why I needed Seiko to find some bits so Mark could add in some of the spare links.
    The 700 pieces were only available in Japan.
    Giugiaro’s other work includes guns for Beretta, the Molten basketball, the organ of Lausanne Cathedral (which has 7,000 pipes!), bikes for Ducati & MV Agusta, and lots else.
    The guy I bought it from on eBay neglected to mention he has wrists like an anorexic eight year old, so I feel better about paying Ł120 for it!
    [IMG]Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 17.37.50 by Oscar India, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 17.38.22 by Oscar India, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 17.38.40 by Oscar India, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 17.38.55 by Oscar India, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Crikey, that's really something. I love the sloped dial/Crystal, and the step in the case and bracelet.

Master
    Just had the customs bill through for this, hoping to get it tomorrow.
    It’s the next in the series of US only ‘seasons’ editions.
    This is the ‘dark’ edition and the dial is inspired by a bamboo forest in Kyoto, which I was fortunate enough to visit last year. Fancied a spring drive for years and just haven’t been able to find the right one, this at 39mm, in steel and with an interesting dial was very appealing.
    I know of one in Europe, but this maybe the first in the U.K.!

Master
    Picture isn’t working for some reason, so here it is from Tapatalk -

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    Picture isn’t working for some reason, so here it is from Tapatalk -

That looks great, interested in seeing the on wrist shot.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Incoming from DougJB of the forum. Great guy and love the watch:

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Got lucky at the weekend at the local AD with this, love the strap...

D21FF269-60ED-4605-A216-12A5EF76755B by Berty234, on Flickr

7DD61A4E-A3D4-4DB7-B681-E60313405F63 by Berty234, on Flickr

46D9FF19-F08E-42C3-B5B8-C73C6420789E by Berty234, on Flickr
    Very lucky. Congrats; wear in good health. Was it luck or was it specifically for you?

I am still waiting on mine with soft strap. I know i am number 2 on the list...patiently waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    After a three months wait....
    A bronze beauty!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk
    Hey Marius, good to see you back. Just wondering, have you come clean to ebay about the scam you conducted and refunded the guy the money for the strap you stole from him?

A little 36mm cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    That looks great, interested in seeing the on wrist shot.

Agreed on that, looking forward to a real picture of that Grand Seiko, love the green

Journeyman
    Just had the customs bill through for this, hoping to get it tomorrow.
    It’s the next in the series of US only ‘seasons’ editions.
    This is the ‘dark’ edition and the dial is inspired by a bamboo forest in Kyoto, which I was fortunate enough to visit last year. Fancied a spring drive for years and just haven’t been able to find the right one, this at 39mm, in steel and with an interesting dial was very appealing.
    I know of one in Europe, but this maybe the first in the U.K.!

Nice watch, is it one of the versions that comes with 2 straps?

Another Vostock to add to my collection, this time a Scuba Dude. I regulated it down from +40 to about +8 and had to remove and reseat the bezel but now it's fine, behaving well and is properly mine. The bracelet (with small PCLs) is very rattley and the link pins came from an AK-47 but it's actually surprisingly comfortable.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

New to me Hamilton khaki field automatic 38mm. Should make a nice alternative daily to add to my recently acquired JDM turtle.

Very comfortable watch at this size, smaller than I normally wear, you can easily forget you've got it on. Impressed with the quality of the bracelet and clasp too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac View Post
    Nice watch, is it one of the versions that comes with 2 straps?
    It is, yes.

It’s SBGA429, the shadow edition.
    I pondered the light one (SBGA427), but preferred the dark dial and already have a light-dialled GS.

Master

I have to say the bracelet on this is incredible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post

Wow! I am actually jealous! What a good catch. That looks fantastic. Superb doesn’t come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I'm going to guess the train ride home was better than the one there. Quite special, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    Beautiful 👏

Received earlier today. It's a birth year 6117-6400 Seiko World Time, and I love it!

6117-6400

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Received earlier today. It's a birth year 6117-6400 Seiko World Time, and I love it!

6117-6400
    That's class!

Been after one of these for years, but now I finally have a good one I can't make up my mind about it.

Journeyman
    It is, yes.

It’s SBGA429, the shadow edition.
    I pondered the light one (SBGA427), but preferred the dark dial and already have a light-dialled GS.
    Good choice.

I bought a GS recently and was looking at these and the four seasons editions but the price plus import was putting me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Been after one of these for years, but now I finally have a good one I can't make up my mind about it.

Was that the one that just sold on Ebay - I'm frying other fish at the moment but I was following that one?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Was that the one that just sold on Ebay - I'm frying other fish at the moment but I was following that one?
    It is indeed, was surprised at the price I managed to get it as had put a much higher bid expecting the last minute showdown.

They don't show up very often.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    Actually had it since March but the previous owner had such diddy wrists I couldn't even nearly wear it. Had the spare links but not the bits for them, until Seiko UK came through a couple of weeks back (free, which was nice of them). Then a friend, also of this parish, fitted the links for me today.
    It's a SCED065 Giugiaro “White Mountaineering”. Italian designer Giorgetto Giugiaro is a legend. Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta, Maserati Ghibli, BMW M1, DeLorean, VW Scirocco, Gordon-Keeble GT, are amongst 150 cars he designed, as well as many Nikon cameras and lots else. He did three watches for Seiko in the 80s (famously including the "Ripley", as it became known later).
    He reprised his driver’s/rider’s watch design for them four years ago as Seiko wished to use it (in very limited numbers - 700 in fact) to celebrate Japanese men’s clothing store White Mountianeering’s anniversary. He changed the design quite a lot, particularly the colours. It’s a steel chrono in PVD.
    The dial is turned six degrees off-centre and the whole face sits at an angle to make it easy to read without removing your hand from the wheel or handlebar. The bracelet, with it’s “reptilian” bulge is completely unique to the watch too. That’s why I needed Seiko to find some bits so Mark could add in some of the spare links.
    The 700 pieces were only available in Japan.
    Giugiaro’s other work includes guns for Beretta, the Molten basketball, the organ of Lausanne Cathedral (which has 7,000 pipes!), bikes for Ducati & MV Agusta, and lots else.
    The guy I bought it from on eBay neglected to mention he has wrists like an anorexic eight year old, so I feel better about paying Ł120 for it!
    That really is quite striking, especially the bracelet. Lovely condition too, well done on tracking it down. I've been a big fan of Giugiario since I was a teenager and became interested in design, particularly car design. Guigiario and Zagato where the two names that made the heart beat faster when the latest concept cars or collaborations were announced.

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using Tapatalk

Just in. Blown away by the quality. Attachment 18330

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It is indeed, was surprised at the price I managed to get it as had put a much higher bid expecting the last minute showdown.

They don't show up very often.
    Eberhard is a funny one and it's very difficult to predict. I think there's a bracelet option (I might be wrong) but, regardless, I think you've done well there - I still can't make my mind up about the crown.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Eberhard is a funny one and it's very difficult to predict. I think there's a bracelet option (I might be wrong) but, regardless, I think you've done well there - I still can't make my mind up about the crown.
    Yeah I think I did very well. There was a bracelet option but probably hard to come by now as these were released in the early 90's. The crown blends slightly better in the 500 model which has the crown gaurds, that was the one I really wanted but I haven't seen a nice example(where the tritium has aged well like this one) of those in years and even then the asking prices are usually over double what I got this one for.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post

6117-6400
    Love that.. looks great on that strap too.

Master
    New arrival for me, possibly the first in the U.K. (first I’ve seen referenced anyway) and second in Europe.
    It’s the next in the US only seasons watches, called S?k? for the first frosts of the season, they are inspired by a Kyoto bamboo forest, a light model (SBGA427) and a shadow model (SBGA429 - this one).
    I’ve pondered one for a short while, they were released earlier this year and it went up my list straight away as a smaller (39mm) steel Spring Drive, a technology I’ve always wanted to own. Cost of importing put me off, but I just came to the conclusion it made sense, especially now I’ve visited the very Kyoto bamboo forest, that inspires the watch.

This arrived yesterday, I had one before and sold it with almost instant regret. Six months later I go after another and as they’ve been discontinued it was actually pretty hard to get one. Went via Jomashop, took weeks to arrive from the US (I ordered the silver dial version from Creation and it was with me in 5 days). Anyway boring back story over with, 90 quid well spent I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    A satisfying end to the 3 month WTB hunt! The only downside is that it makes a large part of my collection seem poorly made...

529788FC-6BB7-4FA0-AD16-F4EFA4CDA162 by Matt G, on Flickr

Blog Entries
    MB2 arrived today. Lovely watch and so well made. Had the black version previously

I caved in and finally ordered one. It’s pretty cool!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    This arrived this morning and was back in post being returned within the hour.

Spot the error

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

Spot the error

Two orange sub dial hands and one white one. Bit of a mismatch there.

Spot the error

White hand is on the wrong subdial? Should be the running seconds(left).

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Correct Lee, well spotted.

You should be in the watch game. Lol

White hand is on the wrong subdial? Should be the running seconds(left).
    Cheers,

Ben

Master
    Last edited by matt; 1st October 2020 at 14:15.

Craftsman
    Steeldive Sumo.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    That really is quite striking, especially the bracelet. Lovely condition too, well done on tracking it down. I've been a big fan of Giugiario since I was a teenager and became interested in design, particularly car design. Guigiario and Zagato where the two names that made the heart beat faster when the latest concept cars or collaborations were announced.

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using Tapatalk
    Exactly the same! I wonder if Zagato ever did a watch?

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    This arrived yesterday, I had one before and sold it with almost instant regret. Six months later I go after another and as they’ve been discontinued it was actually pretty hard to get one. Went via Jomashop, took weeks to arrive from the US (I ordered the silver dial version from Creation and it was with me in 5 days). Anyway boring back story over with, 90 quid well spent I’d say.

Excellent purchase. They look really good on a quality leather strap I think.

CWC arrived to replace one that stopped a couple of hours out of the box.

Problem is that it's meant to be blasted, not brushed/polished, so back it goes

Hopefully 3rd time lucky

Very happy with my new arrival.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

Master
    Nice pen, Ben - love a Pilot Capless!

Spot the error

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, its my daily writer as its so convenient to pick up and use. I bought a M1000 last year and apart from dip testing it, it remains unused. Daft really.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Nice pen, Ben - love a Pilot Capless!
    Cheers,

Ben

Master
    Blog Entries
    Saw this hit a dealers page and quickly arranged to buy. That crisp white dial, beautifully aged plots and hands with black borders.... all wrapped up in a wearable and traditional case. Can you tell I’m happy?

Master
    Thanks, its my daily writer as its so convenient to pick up and use. I bought a M1000 last year and apart from dip testing it, it remains unused. Daft really.
    I have a M1005 - crazy pens and the nibs are the size of a shovel! I too never use mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Saw this hit a dealers page and quickly arranged to buy. That crisp white dial, beautifully aged plots and hands with black borders.... all wrapped up in a wearable and traditional case. Can you tell I’m happy?

Very nice indeed. There will be a few people keeping their eyes on SC

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    I saw that pop up on IG and knew it wouldn't make it to the website for me to see the price! Great watch.