Received the call today for this beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not too long, about 3 weeks

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post
    Not too long, about 3 weeks

Wow, has the market corrected that much or do have a good relationship with your local AD

Grand Master
    'Has the market corrected'.........I love that euphemism. Next time I`m in Leeds I might stick my head round the door of the Rolex shop, last time I went in (January) they weren't very helpful when I enquired about a (relatively) humble OP36 with dark blue dial.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    'Has the market corrected'.........I love that euphemism. Next time I`m in Leeds I might stick my head round the door of the Rolex shop, last time I went in (January) they weren't very helpful when I enquired about a (relatively) humble OP36 with dark blue dial.
    It’s certainly better than my current 104 weeks plus for a non date sub with a few Tudors I wanted bought in between

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    It’s certainly better than my current 104 weeks plus for a non date sub with a few Tudors I wanted bought in between
    Sometimes it's better to start wanting something else instead. I`ve virtually given up on Rolex, owned a few back in the days when prices were sensible and you could wear them without worrying about getting mugged for the watch (circa 2012). Explorer 1, OP36 and older Datejusts are OK but the stuff folks drool over leaves me cold.

Could persuade myself to get blue-dial OP36, latest version has reverted back to slimmer lugs and looks better for it although the latest 32xxxx movement doesn`t thrill me. Likewise the 36mm Explorer 1, but I sold a 114270 because I got bored with it so maybe it wouldn't be a wise move. Realistically the blue-dialled OP 36 (RRP £5100) should be selling below list for a mint newish example, it would need to for me to be tempted.

Give it another 6 months of the market moving in a more realistic direction and there may be a few more opportunities.

My new Longines, my favourite dial design ever, I think!!

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post

That's absolutely lovely, what model ref is that please?

That’s a delight. Have you requested info from Longines?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Asked my AD for this to mark a special occasion and they delivered on time; can’t ask for any more than that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Asked my AD for this to mark a special occasion and they delivered on time; can’t ask for any more than that.

If only……… only one I’d need and the rest can go.

That is lovely.
    My first thought was it looked very much like a Patek Phillipe 5196P, which, IMO, is nice comparison.

Thanks for the comments on my Longines, I’ve admired this dial for a long time but finally managed to find a really good one. I’ve written to Longines to request an archive extract. I think it’s from 1935.

Thanks for the comments on my Longines, I’ve admired this dial for a long time but finally managed to find a really good one. I’ve written to Longines to request an archive extract. I think it’s from 1935.
    Wow!!! I thought it was a modern watch based on a heritage model!!! That's in unbelievable condition!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Wow!!! I thought it was a modern watch based on a heritage model!!! That's in unbelievable condition!
    Yeah I know what you mean. In fact Longines did reissue this style dial (a slightly earlier version with the numbers rotated which doesn’t look as good IMO). I’ve only got the sellers word for it but he’s been spot in about everything else so hopefully the archive extract will confirm, but it’s certainly in keeping with others I have watched over the years on chrono24 et al.

I’m not sure if it’s good etiquette to post again on this thread but check out the contrasting brushing in the dial - vertical in the middle and edges and horizontal on the hour track. Nice.

Craftsman
    I was another that thought it was a much more modern watch which just makes it even more appealing.

The pictures look fantastic so can’t see anyone complaining about a few getting posted.

All the best

Master
    I just received 45 years old Seiko 7548-700C from Australia, in superb condition, freshly full strip service, all new seals.

Just feel right

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    That’s a delight. Have you requested info from Longines?

I was thinking it was odd someone would ask that regarding a clearly reissued watch, then saw it was you, and got all excited that it might actually be a genuinely old model, and that is indeed the case!

What a stunning watch Ped. That is stonkingly pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I was thinking it was odd someone would ask that regarding a clearly reissued watch, then saw it was you, and got all excited that it might actually be a genuinely old model, and that is indeed the case!

What a stunning watch Ped. That is stonkingly pretty.
    I know very little about vintage Longines and, to be honest, I'm a little too scared about learning more; slippery slope and all that.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Just arrived, Atowak Tarantula. Reminds me of the Urwerk 202 with its revolving satellites. I'm not easily impressed but Atowak have created a cracker!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Just arrived, Atowak Tarantula. Reminds me of the Urwerk 202 with its revolving satellites. I'm not easily impressed but Atowak have created a cracker!
    Lovely. I’ve been hovering over one of these for a long time now (I have the Atowak Cobra) but not hit buy just yet.

Master
    Someone has a similar sort of watch, but i can’t recall the brand of that one. Its cool!

Master
    I've had this a while but I've been putting off wearing it until I could get the second hand removed, which I now have. It wasn't hitting the markers. Came with a lovely strap which I've stolen for my Navigator, but I'm happy with the brown one.

A 2013 reissued PRS-82 sublime, very happy bunny.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Love this, great choice. Seems like excellent value.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    I just received 45 years old Seiko 7548-700C from Australia, in superb condition, freshly full strip service, all new seals.

Just feel right

Stunning and iconic watch, love the even levels of patina on your example, well done on getting such a nice example.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Just feel right
    That's a beauty!!!

Baltany ‘Mil’ diver, 39mm, 200m WR, automatic, screw down crown and spot on alignment.

Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 20th September 2023 at 14:37.

Journeyman

Couldn't resist and it arrived today. Dreary day so the picture doesn't do the vibrancy of the dial justice but it's very nice.

First watch I've had with quick release spring bars....why is this not standard on all straps!!?

Will size the bracelet later but loving this strap, not sure if I'll wear it too often on the bracelet

Journeyman
    Slightly better picture

Mint choc chip finally arrived. I love it, nice to see some fun in a modern watch.

I haven't bought a new, new watch for a long time, but I really liked the look of this…

Aquastar Model 60 skin diver. Just needs a 19mm Tropic, but I'm loving it and it fits the wrist perfectly. The cat was unimpressed.

And for added 60's contrast, I also bought this…

Peachy little Junghans hand-winder. In superb condition for 60 years old and proof that watches don't have to be complicated or expensive to be enjoyable. Thanks to Paul J.

So much for thinning the collection

Craftsman
    Picked up today!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 765 RS View Post

Couldn't resist and it arrived today. Dreary day so the picture doesn't do the vibrancy of the dial justice but it's very nice.

First watch I've had with quick release spring bars....why is this not standard on all straps!!?

Will size the bracelet later but loving this strap, not sure if I'll wear it too often on the bracelet
    Just watched a review on these and seriously tempted.

Journeyman
    Just watched a review on these and seriously tempted.
    I'm in the honeymoon phase so take my words with a pinch of salt....but I'm very happy so far. It's gained probably +5 spd, sits well on my wrist & I love the colour.

Now on the bracelet and feels very luxurious!

Craftsman
    I had 43mm Le Petit Prince version of this with the 7750-based movement, which was lovely, but just a touch big and so wasn't getting much wrist time. Turns out I missed it and so this 41mm with the outstanding bracelet has been added to the collection.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 765 RS View Post
    I'm in the honeymoon phase so take my words with a pinch of salt....but I'm very happy so far. It's gained probably +5 spd, sits well on my wrist & I love the colour.

Now on the bracelet and feels very luxurious!

I’ve a few bits to sort but then I’m thinking the light blue on a bracelet and I might get the matching rubber and black strap. I think for every day wear this sit at a really nice price for the specs.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

Aquastar Model 60 skin diver. Just needs a 19mm Tropic, but I'm loving it and it fits the wrist perfectly. The cat was unimpressed.
    Tropic reissue 20mm fits these really well and less of a ball ache than trying to find a 19.

Master
    That didn’t turn out as I planned.
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 22nd September 2023 at 22:59.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

Peachy little Junghans hand-winder. In superb condition for 60 years old and proof that watches don't have to be complicated or expensive to be enjoyable. Thanks to Paul J.

So much for thinning the collection
    I thought that Junghans was one of the nicest watches to appear on SC for a long time and I’m glad to see that it has found an appreciative home. It’s proof that you don’t need to pay silly money for quality vintage.

Master
    Latest arrival this morning.
    Oris pro pilot,
    I bought an Oris Coulson pro pilot a few months ago and was impressed with the quality and how the watch size suited me.
    Saw this online while looking for green dials and decided to take a punt, I'm well chuffed.

Last edited by Tuna1138; 23rd September 2023 at 12:15.

I did post this (Glashutte Original PanoInverse) on another thread, but wanted to pop it in this one too given that it's just arrived courtesy of WoS. Anyway, a slight variation on the usual theme, but an archetypal GO design that I've wanted since first trying another TZer's on about a decade ago.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I did post this (Glashutte Original PanoInverse) on another thread, but wanted to pop it in this one too given that it's just arrived courtesy of WoS. Anyway, a slight variation on the usual theme, but an archetypal GO design that I've wanted since first trying another TZer's on about a decade ago.

Well that’s different.

Absolutely love it when people get something like this, I’m very vanilla with my watch taste but can appreciate this and the fact you’ve clearly bought what you wanted.

Well done and enjoy

Well that’s different.

Absolutely love it when people get something like this, I’m very vanilla with my watch taste but can appreciate this and the fact you’ve clearly bought what you wanted.

Well done and enjoy
    Appreciated, thank you!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

Beautiful piece, this would have been my choice, over the green one :)

Picked this up recently, and I still have trouble believing that it's +0.2spd on the wrist.

^Congrats. My favourite diver on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Picked this up recently, and I still have trouble believing that it's +0.2spd on the wrist.

Very nice
    I was tempted by the example on SC (I presume this is the same watch)?

It is the same, yes! I'm a sucker for an expensive service!

Enjoy, Walter. It never came off the sail cloth previously but looks great on that.