closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 197 of 413 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,850 of 20614

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by theylive View Post
    I've always liked swatch and that is a goodie. Tempting. :)
    It’s a pretty cool watch on the wrist tbh. Totally different to my other watches.
    I’d recommend trying one if you can get one for a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

I thought my buying was slowing down somewhat, but this has been blinking with increased ferocity on my radar for a long time now, so decided to go for it, particularly as I had moved on a couple watches recently... well, that's the excuse and justification!

Couldn't be more pleased. Wonderful size, lovely slightly domed crystal and chunky winder. It sits nicely flat on the wrist now, having substituted the quite thick and stiff OE strap for one of Eddie's NATOs.

Had it on the wrist for a couple of days now and it is returning an excellent +2secs/day. Along with my 861 Speedy Pro, it's nice to have another hand wind in the collection!

Last edited by pinpull; 21st May 2020 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post
    I thought my buying was slowing down somewhat, but this has been blinking with increased ferocity on my radar for a long time now, so decided to go for it, particularly as I had moved on a couple watches recently... well, that's one excuse and justification!

Couldn't be more pleased. Wonderful size, lovely slightly domed crystal and chunky winder. It sits nicely flat on the wrist now, having substituted the quite thick and stiff OE strap for one of Eddie's NATOs.

Had it on the wrist for a couple of days now and it is returning an excellent +2secs/day. Other than my 861 Speedy Pro, it's nice to have another hand wind in the collection!

This is really nice congrats, they seem great value too

Craftsman
    1998 speedmaster

My last purchase...

I'm looking for a new watch and have been through this whole thread. So many beautiful watches. My favourites now are the Omega moonwatch and the Breitling B01 42..Difficult choice and will have to try on first. By the time I can do that I may have changed my mind again. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Latest arrival, and its a stunner, been on my list ever since its launch,

It’s an interesting piece. Is it based on an old model or is it a new creation?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Their LEs for some reason always come on leather straps that are only suitable for 7.5”+ wrists. So the straps always stay in the box sadly
    That might be a great ideea because as many might know by now....when it's small ...well...it's small...but when it's longer there are some solutions :)

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DANH View Post
    Cool thanks, off to google..
    Check the bay :)
    Vietnam mostly....

Master
    A birthday gift today from Mrs HP. Really enjoying taking in the details. Trying to decide whether to keep on leather or size the bracelet? I think I'll keep as is for now...

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    A birthday gift today from Mrs HP. Really enjoying taking in the details. Trying to decide whether to keep on leather or size the bracelet? I think I'll keep as is for now...

What a cracker, congrats and happy birthday.

Mine is next week and have a watch pressie awaiting me from Mrs Tet, a bit on the opposite end of the scale but exciting none the less.

Love these

Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post
    I thought my buying was slowing down somewhat, but this has been blinking with increased ferocity on my radar for a long time now, so decided to go for it, particularly as I had moved on a couple watches recently... well, that's the excuse and justification!

Had it on the wrist for a couple of days now and it is returning an excellent +2secs/day. Along with my 861 Speedy Pro, it's nice to have another hand wind in the collection!

Really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Check the bay :)
    Vietnam mostly....

Will do thanks

Arrived today. Cheap as chips, £119 delivered, but I can’t fault it for the money.

Not a brand that gets much - if any - love on this forum, but I've had a hankering for an Armand Nicolet J09 mk3 since they appeared a year or so ago.
    The design straddles the sports/dress remit very nicely to my eye, and I especially like the textures employed on the dial.
    Somewhat to my surprise they showed-up on T.K. Maxx's website (along with the sportier JS9 diver), at a very sane price, so an order has been placed and I now pray that for once Hermes will actually do the job for which they are paid...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Not a brand that gets much - if any - love on this forum, but I've had a hankering for an Armand Nicolet J09 mk3 since they appeared a year or so ago.
    The design straddles the sports/dress remit very nicely to my eye, and I especially like the textures employed on the dial.
    Somewhat to my surprise they showed-up on T.K. Maxx's website (along with the sportier JS9 diver), at a very sane price, so an order has been placed and I now pray that for once Hermes will actually do the job for which they are paid...

They look really smart. Good price too.

I also quite like that TK Max recommended a shirt to go with it...

Craftsman

New arrival : my 1979 Moonwatch :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master

Mint two-liner 14060m

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Arrived this morning. Really nice, and spoiled for choice with three bracelets and straps to choose from. Quick iPhone pic.

I love this watch, great acquisition, enjoy!

Sent from my MRD-LX1N using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post

Mint two-liner 14060m

Beautiful, enjoy!

Sent from my MRD-LX1N using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKARM View Post
    It’s an interesting piece. Is it based on an old model or is it a new creation?
    It is based on the Blancpain Air Command...
    https://www.timefactors.com/prs45.htm
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post

Mint two-liner 14060m

That is superb. Nicest example of 2 liner i have seen in a while. Congratulations - Wear it in good health!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

What a great little guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I also quite like that TK Max recommended a shirt to go with it...
    I'm dismayed that I don't get that - seems even TK Maxx know I'm a fashion write-off!

Got this a few months ago but just recently returned freshly serviced from Nomos.

Master
    Panerai 305

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Oak & Oscar Jackson Flyback Chronograph
    Last edited by ryanb741; 26th May 2020 at 18:46.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Oak & Oscar Jackson Flyback
    Did that win out over the Habring²?

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Did that win out over the Habring²?
    Nope. I shouldn't be spending a penny at the moment but these are rare and I'd been tracking one at a reasonable price and so this had to join. Habring hopefully later this year assuming finances allow.

Nope. I shouldn't be spending a penny at the moment but these are rare and I'd been tracking one at a reasonable price and so this had to join. Habring hopefully later this year assuming finances allow.
    They're soon coming out with a new Felix Foudrouyante jumping second at 38.5mm and thinner than the current 36mm version - should be pretty special.

Craftsman

Looks brilliant mate! Leather looks good on the strap.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Birthday present to myself - tricky to choose which colour scheme I liked the most, but I've always been a sucker for reverse panda dials.

Quote Originally Posted by MeachamLake View Post
    Birthday present to myself - tricky to choose which colour scheme I liked the most, but I've always been a sucker for reverse panda dials.

All 3 of their 1960s designs are very appealing - a 1964 evil panda bicompax is on the cards for me at some point. Look forward to some wrist shots of yours when it arrives

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    When I was in the Seiko boutique they explained it was Japanese tradition/politeness to have the strap pointing inwards (to your own body) rather than outwards
    Thanks, I thought there would be a sensible reason but it did have me baffled.

Picked this up last week and haven't worn anything else since. Having not worn anything newer than my 2004, I was worried that the highly polished elements would appear a tad gauche, but it's just so much more solid than my 1601s and the bracelet is wonderfully comfortable.

IMG_3270.JPG
    Seiko Velatura divers chronograph, hadn’t seen one in the flesh so to speak so took a punt on this one and I’m delighted with it.

It’s a big brute but comes with all its bits (and pleased to say spare links), great condition, buttons to play and lots of lovely Seiko lume: what’s not to love? Thanks eBay Espana!

Now as long as it doesn’t kick off my increasingly annoying nickel allergy I could have my new summer watch...although there is another contender in the post :0)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Blog Entries
    First of three new arrivals. Nice, and not too bulky at 42mm. Not had a Pam for several years.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    First of three new arrivals. Nice, and not too bulky at 42mm. Not had a Pam for several years.

I was sorely tempted by one of these last week. I spoke to Panerai who said they had four left. I think they have all gone now. How are you finding it ?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I was sorely tempted by one of these last week. I spoke to Panerai who said they had four left. I think they have all gone now. How are you finding it ?
    This was indeed the last one, sold to me on Friday. It is a lovely piece, not oversized, very comfortable on the rubber.

Craftsman
    New arrival. Bought from seriouswatches in the Netherlands via their eBay store. Really fast delivery, and their packaging is the best I've ever seen! Even came with a complimentary stroopwafel, which I ate immediately.

The watch looks pretty good too.

My brand new Superman® Heritage Quartz! Great watch!

Just picked it up from Argos for only £54

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Entered in error.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 4th June 2020 at 18:54.

I tried a standard (black) Mark XVIII on at LHR back in December and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind ever since. I was in a bit of a rush and I didn't spend very long with it but I did have a slight concern that it was a touch too big. Needing to scratch the flieger itch I thought a 38mm XV would be perfect (I was wearing a 37mm Grand Seiko at the time so the contrast may have been jarring!).

Anyway this just landed after the previous owner got in touch after I listed a WTB for a Mark XV. I had no intention of buying a XVIII right now and certainly not the brown dial version but the more I researched it, the more attractive it became to the point where I actually prefer the brown dial over all the other dial options. Funny how things work out isn't it?

This is a super full set and is in great condition. It even has the benefit of the added 6 year warranty so I now have almost 7 year manufacturers warranty as piece of mind. I think this type of watch needs to have a presence but without looking clown like. Thankfully the size isn't a problem as crucially my wrist is wider than the lug to lug height and the case thickness is very shallow (11mm) so that helps to keep the size in check. I wouldn't go any bigger than this though.

My only gripe so far is that my wrist size is in between holes on the excellent Santoni leather strap. The watch is very comfortable to wear but it does move around more than I would like. My wrist is always bigger in the mornings so later in the day I may be able to get the strap on the next hole for a better fit. All in all, very impressed!

Blog Entries
    Postie just arrived ( only 24h late ) but I’m still a happy chappy ... having snagged this from SC...

I had a black PVD Fortis which I traded some time ago - so this is an ideal replacement.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 28th May 2020 at 13:27.

This seems very good for the money. Shows you don’t have to spend a lot to get something that stands out from the crowd

^ some tasty and interesting new arrivals today! ^

---

This has just showed-up from TL Maxx (!) - Armand Nicolet J09-3 (officially - should really be J09-4 because the design and finishing of the dial changed significantly when they switched from ETA to Sellita for the base movements), which is Armand Nicolet's offering in the sports/dress crossover segment.

If ever a watch was "pictures do it no justice" personified, this is it - it is so gorgeous in the metal: the contrasting textures on the dial really ramp-up the visual interest, while details like the perlage on the webbing of the clasp are just fabulous, as is overall fit and finish.

The bracelet is very good - beautifully solid and robust but not clumsy, and with no obvious corners cut - each link is individually machined and secured by a two-part bar-and-screw. As is so-often the case it could benefit from easier on-the-fly micro-adjustments, but with a little effort there's a decent amount of adjustability.

It feels slimmer and smaller than its 12.5mm x 41.5mm dimensions suggest, but its wrist-presence makes it wear quite big; comfort is good as the lugs are short, tapered and recurved, and weight is moderate even with the metal bracelet. Sapphire front and back is a nice touch, especially as the rotor is beautifully finished with cotes-de-Geneve and gold inlay engraving.

Chuffed!

^^^ I like that. Just had a look on TK site but I think they've all gone in blue with the bracelet. One or two other variants available.

Oak & Oscar Jackson Flyback Chronograph
    Great watches and hard to find.