Results 17,751 to 17,800 of 20785

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Just got 'the call'
    Welcome to the club Ryan!

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    You're pretty much dead to me now Willy.
    Still weighing it up, don't really wear it but won't get another like it

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Had this for nearly a week now and haven't been tempted to change it for something else once.
    Completely unexpected purchase as I'm a diver wearer but I think it may be the one to keep rolex and ap in their box.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Had this for nearly a week now and haven't been tempted to change it for something else once.
    Completely unexpected purchase as I'm a diver wearer but I think it may be the one to keep rolex and ap in their box.

That is superb. The quality of the L.U.C. models is unbelievable for the price and mine (Pro Diver) is also not going anywhere.

Master
    When I was in the store the staff were cooing over my Super Mario Gshock and wanting to try it on!
    That’s Grade A Richard Gere level sucking up. That’s what you pay the premium for - always a fun game in an AD.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    That is superb. The quality of the L.U.C. models is unbelievable for the price and mine (Pro Diver) is also not going anywhere.
    It's insane and I've subsequently started keeping an ebay eye for a pro diver.

That looks fantastic, what is the size?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    42mm but wears nicely as its still pretty slim.

I love this model. Congrats!

The case shape (and the dial design to an extent, too, for that matter) reminds me of LLD a lot, so I can see how that 42mm can be wearable even for folks who prefer smaller watches.

^LUC models are truly amazing - love this model too!

Craftsman

Looks great but pics don't seem to do these justice. I'm always drawn to them in the local shop over anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post

Purchased from the original owner, exceptional condition and find of the year for me! Always wanted a “Willard” this one is very close to NOS just need to put it on a waffle strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caf

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master

A simple Mondaine big date

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Can't find a better daily in the catalogue IMO. The new ND made me go mad on Subs and at one point I had 5513, 14060M, 16610, 114060, 124060 and the 126610LV. The 124060 is the best of the lot.

Ditched the older stuff but still have the 5513 although alf tempted to chop it in for a 39 Exp 1 and keep the change.

Not had a new G-Shock since I bought a Garmin but hard to beat for nostalgia.
    Having had it a couple of days now I do have to say it is an absolutely fantastic watch. No one thing screams for attention but when viewed as a sum of the parts it just comes together so well. The slimmer lug profile makes a huge difference, it feels a bit like a 5 digit Sub but with the added refinement of better bracelet, bezel etc. Pretty sure the dial is ceramic as well - can anyone confirm this as it is very reflective? I have had my cynical view on Rolex and still stick to that for certain models but when it comes to divers I think this is probably the best thought out diver I've had and actually at RRP, whilst not cheap, if you compare it vs the competition such as the 39mm SeaQ etc I think it is well priced comparatively.

For me what makes the difference is the thinner lugs combined with the wider bracelet and consequent taper to the clasp - it really is pretty elegant and refined. Surprisingly slim as well (I think similar to the 114060) and I don't know what it is but I think they've spaced the indices out differently - seems a bit 'roomier' on the dial and the minute hand seems a bit longer as well. Case doesn't seem any bigger than the 114060 I had - wears the same IMHO. I'm running at +1 a day as well.

That's a stunner, C!

Having had it a couple of days now I do have to say it is an absolutely fantastic watch. No one thing screams for attention but when viewed as a sum of the parts it just comes together so well. The slimmer lug profile makes a huge difference, it feels a bit like a 5 digit Sub but with the added refinement of better bracelet, bezel etc. Pretty sure the dial is ceramic as well - can anyone confirm this as it is very reflective? I have had my cynical view on Rolex and still stick to that for certain models but when it comes to divers I think this is probably the best thought out diver I've had and actually at RRP, whilst not cheap, if you compare it vs the competition such as the 39mm SeaQ etc I think it is well priced comparatively.

For me what makes the difference is the thinner lugs combined with the wider bracelet and consequent taper to the clasp - it really is pretty elegant and refined. Surprisingly slim as well (I think similar to the 114060) and I don't know what it is but I think they've spaced the indices out differently - seems a bit 'roomier' on the dial and the minute hand seems a bit longer as well. Case doesn't seem any bigger than the 114060 I had - wears the same IMHO. I'm running at +1 a day as well.
    Lacquered dial. Are you sure about +1 though? :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Lacquered dial. Are you sure about +1 though? :)
    Mine is the same accuracy

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    Mine is the same accuracy

Mine went from 6 seconds slow per day when it was new 25 months ago to over 8.

Spent a month in the service centre where they’ve apparently done a complete service but it still runs out of spec at 4 seconds fast now.

Have to say I have no idea what my watches run at. By the time you'd notice it's already rotated out for something else.

The only thing I would change on the new sub is the width ofthe clasp. Just a tiny bit oversized imo Vs the taper of the bracelet. Seems more like a SD43 clasp.

Outstanding! You jammy git! That is bloody lovely!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That's a stunner, C!
    Totally agree Tony , Celia has smashed it with this watch

Steve

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks fellas :-)

I like that and I don't even have use for a World Timer :-)
    Congratulations.

Been sat on the fence over a BB bronze for a long time. liked the increased size, but just not sure, always really preferred the `butcherer blue version, so in London for a concert about a month ago and managed to track one down in covent garden.
    Tried it on , subtle blue, like it a lot on a nato, result!!
    Wore it for 3 weeks non stop, I'm going to see where the patina goes, most probably refresh it back to shiny

I've just this week expressed and interest for the LV for next year.

What's your initial thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post

Journeyman
    New arrival for me today - Nomos Metro Datum Gangreserve, bought from Dave in Wales.

I've been looking at these since they were originally launched and had decided recently that I'd look out for one, so it was a very well timed sales post

Quote Originally Posted by RussB View Post
    New arrival for me today - Nomos Metro Datum Gangreserve, bought from Dave in Wales.

I've been looking at these since they were originally launched and had decided recently that I'd look out for one, so it was a very well timed sales post
    Really like those.

Quote Originally Posted by RussB View Post

I spent a lot of time looking at that advert but I’ve told myself it’s one in one out for now and there wasn’t anything I’d be prepared to let go of. I was sorely tempted at the final advertised price too.

Give me a shout if you ever think of moving it on, I might be more open to temptation next time!

Master

Can’t beat a Smiths

Todays arrival courtesy of one of our collective. Very pleased 

Journeyman
    I love the dial colour on that Smiths!

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I spent a lot of time looking at that advert but I’ve told myself it’s one in one out for now and there wasn’t anything I’d be prepared to let go of. I was sorely tempted at the final advertised price too.

Give me a shout if you ever think of moving it on, I might be more open to temptation next time!
    I'm not expecting to sell it as I tend to buy to keep, but if that day ever comes I'll let you know :)

Craftsman
    Just picked this one up. The AD said that the supply from Rolex has been increasing lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    My second one of these, having previously owned the original brown dialled version. To me, this grey/black dial colour suits the watch better.

Quote Originally Posted by coredriller View Post
    Just picked this one up. The AD said that the supply from Rolex has been increasing lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Just out of interest how long was the wait and did you have a previous relationship

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan16520 View Post
    Just out of interest how long was the wait and did you have a previous relationship

It was about 6 months. I had bought from them before but not absolute mega bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by coredriller View Post
    It was about 6 months. I had bought from them before but not absolute mega bucks.
    There seems to be a lot more coming through from the AD's.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    There seems to be a lot more coming through from the AD's.
    Or more recipients of "the call" declining to take up the offer

Exactly.

The most recent watch I got from a Rolex AD was 3 weeks wait rather than the proposed 10 - 12 months as 3 people ahead of me declined it.

I also passed on an Air King recently, my long standing contact at this AD was working his way down the list and I know I was nowhere near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Strong

Master

WOW! That is simply superb C.

That chopard absolutely

Craftsman
    My Farer Discovery II has just arrived, and it is a fabulous looking watch, especially for the price - £895. Here it is on an Mulberry Purple Leather strap; I also bought a couple of other straps (Orange Rubber, and Tan Barenia Leather), so no excuses not to try the quick strap release.

I generally like applied numerals, and on this dial they are larger than normal, which is kind to my eyesight. The dial is rich purple face-on, becoming blue, almost black, when viewed from an angle. It is slightly mesmerising to watch the orange second-hand pointer sweep around the outside of the dial. The movement (La Joux-Perret G101) has a 68 hours power reserve, and smooth feel when manually winding it. I have yet to try out the lume - I normally don't bother trying to read any of my lumed watches at night, as I find the lume is too faint or small to read easily, but maybe the Discovery will be an exception.

Mammy's Christmas present sorted. An heir and a spare so she can wear one and keep the other boxed as she believes everything will be a collector's item one day.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Strong

Cheers mate 

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    My Farer Discovery II has just arrived, and it is a fabulous looking watch, especially for the price - £895. Here it is on an Mulberry Purple Leather strap; I also bought a couple of other straps (Orange Rubber, and Tan Barenia Leather), so no excuses not to try the quick strap release.

I generally like applied numerals, and on this dial they are larger than normal, which is kind to my eyesight. The dial is rich purple face-on, becoming blue, almost black, when viewed from an angle. It is slightly mesmerising to watch the orange second-hand pointer sweep around the outside of the dial. The movement (La Joux-Perret G101) has a 68 hours power reserve, and smooth feel when manually winding it. I have yet to try out the lume - I normally don't bother trying to read any of my lumed watches at night, as I find the lume is too faint or small to read easily, but maybe the Discovery will be an exception.

This is exactly what I am pondering on as my exit watch with the bracelet as an alternative strap.

This would be my exit watch, how is the build overall and feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post

What are the chances. So did mine. Too dark to see the dial properly. Will have a good gander in the daylight.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by burton View Post
    This is exactly what I am pondering on as my exit watch with the bracelet as an alternative strap.

This would be my exit watch, how is the build overall and feel?

I am no expert, but I think the build is on a par with my IWC Portugieser, which is six times the cost. The Farer is slightly smaller, which is fine for my wrist (6.7 inches), and has a slightly better power reserve (68 vs 60). The strap is stiff and needs wearing in, which is to be expected. The combination of colours on the Discovery dial can't be beaten, in my opinion, and I really like having a proper second hand, instead of a sub-dial. Another bonus for me is no-date, so the dial is cleaner and more symmetrical.