closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 170 of 245 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,500 of 12235

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

  1. #8451
    Master j111dja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    5,659
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    What do they go for now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have no idea but a Google search should help you?

  2. #8452
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    I have no idea but a Google search should help you?
    Ah the old google search. Thanks for that. So Ďhow times have changedí had no actual meaning to it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #8453
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    Ah the old google search. Thanks for that. So ‘how times have changed’ had no actual meaning to it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It doesn't take a genius to work out that they will be rather more than £30 apiece now. That is all his comment was about.

    Why are you being so arsey with the chap?

  4. #8454
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Because they won't be £30 each now, will they
    The comment suggests itís raised in value a fair bit, doesnít it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #8455
    Master j111dja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    5,659
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    It doesn't take a genius to work out that they will be rather more than £30 apiece now. That is all his comment was about.
    Spot on.

  6. #8456
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    It doesn't take a genius to work out that they will be rather more than £30 apiece now. That is all his comment was about.

    Why are you being so arsey with the chap?
    I think youíll find itís the other way around. I asked a simple question and was told to Ďgoogle ití, which is far too often the arsey response. Whatís wrong with asking how much a watch has raised in value? The question wasnít to ascertain whether it was Ďrather moreí, and you seem to be rather arsey yourself


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #8457
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,154
    I sold one of these last year and regretted it. I was alerted to this one on a Japanese auction site that I joined and was the winning bidder. It arrived today.



    It also came with the original strap and Seiko signed buckle which is great. Sadly the reverse of the strap has seen better days. I have a brand new 19mm Hirsch Duke waiting to go on, so this strap can enjoy a well earned retirement.





    As a 25 year old watch, the casebacks on these do tend to be heavily rubbed and in some cases you cannot see the original detail. However, this one still has the original caseback sticker in place and those scratches are on the plastic - so the caseback is like new.



    Delighted to have one back, a rare watch these days with more people hunting for them than examples that come up for sale.

  8. #8458
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    64
    Asian Nighthawk white chapter ring

  9. #8459
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Spot on.
    Has this RAFF individual sent you a PM too?

  10. #8460
    Master j111dja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    5,659
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Has this RAFF individual sent you a PM too?
    I sent him one.

  11. #8461
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Sad you resort to such measures. To set the record straight, he had the decency to send me one. Way beyond youíre sad, unfortunate pathetic stance. You really are deplorable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #8462
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Has this RAFF individual sent you a PM too?
    I wonder what value you have to offer much of the time. Do you have purpose other than to cause trouble?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #8463
    This is a forum. 99% of us add no value 99% of the time. Get off your high horse and stop being such a princess. Eat a snickers ffs.

  14. #8464
    Journeyman RAT2410's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Fleet, Hampshire
    Posts
    137
    Just received this little beauty, thanks Peter.....




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #8465
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009

    The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

    Double post

  16. #8466
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    This is a forum. 99% of us add no value 99% of the time. Get off your high horse and stop being such a princess. Eat a snickers ffs.
    Strange comment from someone who just dropped in. Iím just defending myself from what can only be construed as an attack. Read up before you give an opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #8467
    Journeyman RAT2410's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Fleet, Hampshire
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I sold one of these last year and regretted it. I was alerted to this one on a Japanese auction site that I joined and was the winning bidder. It arrived today.



    It also came with the original strap and Seiko signed buckle which is great. Sadly the reverse of the strap has seen better days. I have a brand new 19mm Hirsch Duke waiting to go on, so this strap can enjoy a well earned retirement.





    As a 25 year old watch, the casebacks on these do tend to be heavily rubbed and in some cases you cannot see the original detail. However, this one still has the original caseback sticker in place and those scratches are on the plastic - so the caseback is like new.



    Delighted to have one back, a rare watch these days with more people hunting for them than examples that come up for sale.
    I like that a lot


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  18. #8468
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    24,200
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    Iím just defending myself from what can only be construed as an attack.

    And here was me thinking you were just trying very hard to make a fool out of yourself.

  19. #8469
    Arrived this week.


    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  20. #8470
    Craftsman namzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Picked up this afternoon.

    Like it a lot more than I did previously (turned down a few chances over the years).

    Thatís lovely mate.

    Doesnít look as blocky as the sub.

  21. #8471
    Craftsman namzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Picked up this '94 Pepsi from a forum member late last week. Condition is incredible, case is super sharp. Need to source a jubilee for it and perhaps some faded inserts but could be a keeper.

    Great catch.

    Iím currently besotted by anything thatís a 5 digit reference. This one is amongst the top ones for me.

  22. #8472
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    And here was me thinking you were just trying very hard to make a fool out of yourself.
    Another one that likes to jump on the band wagon. Iím not gong to bother hurling an insult back ŗs I donít want to pollute the thread any more than it already has been. Good day to you, sir.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #8473
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    24,200
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    Another one that likes to jump on the band wagon. Iím not gong to bother hurling an insult back ŗs I donít want to pollute the thread any more than it already has been. Good day to you, sir.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everybody being nasty towards you? Poor boy.

  24. #8474
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,187

    Incomming Ulysse Nardin Dual Time 243-55-62

    Just bought this from Vlad at Expertyco in Poland on Chrono-24. My first transaction with him and on C24 and I must say he bent over backwards to help and make a deal. Now the long wait for it to arrive.
    Ever since one was sold in sales corner, this is always the watch I come back to wanting, yes I've had dalliances with lust for various Breitlings (galactic unitime and chronomat gmt) and a few other 'travellers' GMT watches but this is the one that keeps catching my eye whenever I see it.
    Unfortunately information on the web seems to be very sparse, with most being either sales videos or dealing with more staid variants of this model but I've consumed them all.
    This will be my last major watch purchase for a while as this has cleaned out my watch fund along with an Eterna from Drop that I got a month or so ago.
    Excited does not adequately describe my mood at the moment.


  25. #8475
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Everybody being nasty towards you? Poor boy.
    Very productive

    Moving on......

    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Just bought this from Vlad at Expertyco in Poland on Chrono-24. My first transaction with him and on C24 and I must say he bent over backwards to help and make a deal. Now the long wait for it to arrive.
    Ever since one was sold in sales corner, this is always the watch I come back to wanting, yes I've had dalliances with lust for various Breitlings (galactic unitime and chronomat gmt) and a few other 'travellers' GMT watches but this is the one that keeps catching my eye whenever I see it.
    Unfortunately information on the web seems to be very sparse, with most being either sales videos or dealing with more staid variants of this model but I've consumed them all.
    This will be my last major watch purchase for a while as this has cleaned out my watch fund along with an Eterna from Drop that I got a month or so ago.
    Excited does not adequately describe my mood at the moment.
    This is lovely and definitely different, in a good way. Hope the wait isn't too arduous

  26. #8476
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    2,978
    One day in and I'm really enjoying the P01. Very comfortable on the wrist.


  27. #8477
    Just took delivery of this .

  28. #8478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Just took delivery of this .
    Excellent choice. Large version?

  29. #8479
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Excellent choice. Large version?
    Yep the mid felt too small. Really pleased . Gullioche dial is stunning .

  30. #8480
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Just took delivery of this .
    Lovely watch. Not so keen on the shoes

  31. #8481
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    One day in and I'm really enjoying the P01. Very comfortable on the wrist.
    A very interesting watch which took a bit of abuse on here when it was announced. How does the bezel work, does it rotate normally under those sections at the 12 and 6 positions or do they lift up. Just wondering what their purpose is.

    Nice looking watch 👍

  32. #8482
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,111
    The link at 12 o'clock locks it and needs to be lifted up to alter the bezel. The one over 6 o'clock is just a cover.

  33. #8483
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    A very interesting watch which took a bit of abuse on here when it was announced.Nice looking watch 
    I was one of them, Ken I think most of us were waiting for the Sub to be announced, and when this fugly thing was released instead, it got a kicking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    How does the bezel work, does it rotate normally under those sections at the 12 and 6 positions or do they lift up. Just wondering what their purpose is.
    The bezel is locked in place by the 'clamp' at 12. It releases the bezel when you press on the marked area. It then becomes a standard 60 click bi-directional bezel. The one at six doesn't move and the bezel moves freely under it. The purpose is just a locking system...


    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Nice looking watch 
    Thanks. Only time will tell if it plummets or not. I care neither way, as I'm a fan.

  34. #8484
    Picked this up this week



    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  35. #8485
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The link at 12 o'clock locks it and needs to be lifted up to alter the bezel. The one over 6 o'clock is just a cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I was one of them, Ken I think most of us were waiting for the Sub to be announced, and when this fugly thing was released instead, it got a kicking.

    The bezel is locked in place by the 'clamp' at 12. It releases the bezel when you press on the marked area. It then becomes a standard 60 click bi-directional bezel. The one at six doesn't move and the bezel moves freely under it. The purpose is just a locking system...

    Thanks. Only time will tell if it plummets or not. I care neither way, as I'm a fan.
    Thanks guys, interesting stuff. I suppose that's an important device if you are using the watch as intended, perhaps less so at the office water station 😂

  36. #8486
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    Very productive

    Moving on......



    This is lovely and definitely different, in a good way. Hope the wait isn't too arduous
    Well the wait turns out to be 1 night. The dealer , Vlad, sent it next day delivery so it feels like an early Xmas for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  37. #8487
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Well the wait turns out to be 1 night. The dealer , Vlad, sent it next day delivery so it feels like an early Xmas for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Superb! Wrist shot on its way?

    Feels the same for me getting my bb 58 a few weeks back :D


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #8488
    Master senwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post
    Thatís lovely mate.

    Doesnít look as blocky as the sub.
    Thanks mate. I do miss my sub a little (going to try for a no date one at some point) but loving the explorer. Wears really well and is really comfy.

  39. #8489
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    Superb! Wrist shot on its way?

    Feels the same for me getting my bb 58 a few weeks back :D


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely - as soon as it lands it's going to be welded to my wrist for at least a week. lol

  40. #8490
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,187
    Well Poland to my wrist in less than 24 hours. If that doesnít tell you something about EU membership I donít know what does. Anyway less politically here are some wrist shots.







    The dial is so striking in person going from what looks like a flat black to showing the horizontal striations when they catch the light.

    Itís amazingly thin for a big date dual time watch too wearing quite small belying itís 42mm diameter.

    The clasp feels very delicate but is pretty robust. A double deployant with unequal length sides with both friction and spring locking.

    Everything about this thing screams quality.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  41. #8491
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Looks great! Enjoy in good health!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  42. #8492
    Fresh from SC thanks to MartinMW

    Had one in 2016 when they first came out but wasn't for me at the time so I sold it. Funny how your tastes change.

  43. #8493
    Master ~dadam02~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    3,447
    Blog Entries
    14
    Sourced an older bezel insert from a forum member so my '94 Pepsi certainly looks a little older.

    Was this:



    Now this:



    And in case we want to switch back, there's an easier way. With its older brother:


  44. #8494
    Master RAFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Fresh from SC thanks to MartinMW

    Had one in 2016 when they first came out but wasn't for me at the time so I sold it. Funny how your tastes change.
    Looks very nice and good deal you got there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #8495
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Sourced an older bezel insert from a forum member so my '94 Pepsi certainly looks a little older.

    Was this:



    Now this:



    And in case we want to switch back, there's an easier way. With its older brother:


    Looks lovely with the older insert👍
    Nice pair of GMTs.

  46. #8496
    Master Tetlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Sourced an older bezel insert from a forum member so my '94 Pepsi certainly looks a little older.

    Was this:



    Now this:



    And in case we want to switch back, there's an easier way. With its older brother:

    I have to be honest, this makes no sense to me what so ever. But hey each to their own, I'm sure plenty of my decisions leave people puzzled.

  47. #8497
    Master Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,044
    New arrival PAM25 in titanium. Been looking for one in good nick for ages. Getting quite hard to find now.

  48. #8498
    Craftsman petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    New arrival PAM25 in titanium. Been looking for one in good nick for ages. Getting quite hard to find now.
    Nice pickup!

    Is that an oem strap, works well

  49. #8499
    Master ~dadam02~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    3,447
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I have to be honest, this makes no sense to me what so ever. But hey each to their own, I'm sure plenty of my decisions leave people puzzled.
    Is that taking a new bezel insert off and putting on an old one or having 2 of, effectively, the same watch, or both? First rule of watch collecting is never try to rationalise watch collecting! The bezel insert was easy, it's a '94 watch and i'm trying to get it back looking like a '94 watch. I think this insert is still possibly on the cusp of being period correct, possibly slightly later, so i may have to look add another but for now it adds some warmth and character (all IMO of course). Having 2 of one watch, well why not.

  50. #8500
    Master Tetlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Is that taking a new bezel insert off and putting on an old one or having 2 of, effectively, the same watch, or both? First rule of watch collecting is never try to rationalise watch collecting! The bezel insert was easy, it's a '94 watch and i'm trying to get it back looking like a '94 watch. I think this insert is still possibly on the cusp of being period correct, possibly slightly later, so i may have to look add another but for now it adds some warmth and character (all IMO of course). Having 2 of one watch, well why not.
    The bezel. Haha at one point my wife suggested all the watches in my watch box looked identical, and I couldn't disagree so I get your second point.

    I can kind of see where you're coming from regarding the bezel, I guess I'd rather the original bezel age with the watch rather than make it look more marked up intentionally if it were mine. But again as you say no good to try and rationalise all we do ;)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information