Page 412 of 416 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414 ... LastLast
Results 20,551 to 20,600 of 20799

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    Thanks. Two different references Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So they are!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Love these tonous. Especially this one! Is it pm and perpetual?
    It just annual calendar, I've looked at some pictures of the moon phase dial, it looks a bit much

Quote Originally Posted by banie01 View Post
    The Monro Adventure arrived this morning. The presentation box is nice, I like the passport gimmick, it plays well with their adventure/travel schtick.
    Liking those, (and congrats on the win), most especially the green - be good to see a few more pics of that in due course

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    It just annual calendar, I've looked at some pictures of the moon phase dial, it looks a bit much
    Nevertheless, fantastic dial. Love it’s placement of the complications.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Liking those, (and congrats on the win), most especially the green - be good to see a few more pics of that in due course
    Thanks, I'll do a side by side comparison in the next few days and share them here.
    The Red Ltd edition has some nice touches, a polished case and colour coded crowns are the main differences.
    The standard edition Green has a bead blasted case and even though the differences are slight? I do prefer the Green, it wears more as a tool watch than the red.

A short video wristroll.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/2ZrdosVbFAahVpHU7

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Just arrived the dial is beautiful

Gorgeous! Been eying the various Polaris models and colours for some time.

Thanks, I'll do a side by side comparison in the next few days and share them here.
    The Red Ltd edition has some nice touches, a polished case and colour coded crowns are the main differences.
    The standard edition Green has a bead blasted case and even though the differences are slight? I do prefer the Green, it wears more as a tool watch than the red.

A short video wristroll.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/2ZrdosVbFAahVpHU7
    Thanks for posting that. That's a great looking watch to my eyes - entirely agree the green plus bead-blasted finish suits the whole concept better. Always good to see something different, too

Craftsman
    Just picked up a new Seiko 5 SNK381K1 which has now been modded using Seiko OEM parts (baton handset & Kanji day wheel) to represent my interpretation of the MACV-SOG Seiko 5 issued watch, whilst not 100% identical, it looks great I think plus the 7S26C movement is running @ +/- 2 spd consistently.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sparmar1 View Post
    Got this the other day, had one many years ago, purchased from Neil Wood, and long fancied another.

Box/Papers and bracelet with recent service so couldn’t resist!

Very nice!

Master
    Sinn 556i got it in person from the factory

Master
    When I initially saw this quirky Seiko in the poorly scanned catalogue I decided it wasn't for me. Strangely shaped hands, Roman numerals, faux riveted bezel all put me off. However seeing close up photos in an auction made me realise that the catalogue didn't do the dial anywhere near the justice it deserves. You would expect to see this sort of dial being proudly sported on the much higher end King Quartz watches. So inevitably I found a reasonable specimen, bid on it, won it and it ended its journey from it's home country today.

The more I look at this Silverwave 2628-0060 the more I like it for it's quirkiness. Even the Roman numerals. But that dial mmmm.

Incidentally it is one of the few Silverwave that doesn't have a day or date function. And one of only two that has a sub seconds.

There is a two tone variant with the same reference but it has a plain white dial so a lot less interesting than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    When I initially saw this quirky Seiko in the poorly scanned catalogue I decided it wasn't for me. Strangely shaped hands, Roman numerals, faux riveted bezel all put me off. However seeing close up photos in an auction made me realise that the catalogue didn't do the dial anywhere near the justice it deserves. You would expect to see this sort of dial being proudly sported on the much higher end King Quartz watches. So inevitably I found a reasonable specimen, bid on it, won it and it ended its journey from it's home country today.

The more I look at this Silverwave 2628-0060 the more I like it for it's quirkiness. Even the Roman numerals. But that dial mmmm.

Incidentally it is one of the few Silverwave that doesn't have a day or date function. And one of only two that has a sub seconds.

There is a two tone variant with the same reference but it has a plain white dial so a lot less interesting than this one.
    I have to say I like it a lot, congrats!

Master
    The recent arrival of the blue means I've now owned all 3 colours of this watch. This ones my favourite colour of what could possibly be my favourite watch!

Just ordered a new Forstner A12 homage of the 1960s Bulova Accutron Astronaut. This watch is a 1:1 update to the original Astronaut, but using the name of the Bulova model worn by X-15 rocket pilots. The crystal is updated to sapphire, and movement from a tuning fork to a Swiss Ronda GMT without second hand.

I have chosen the JB Forstner square link model bracelet specified for the X-15 flights (also shown on a Speedmaster at below). I've owned an original 1968 Astronaut with the JB "Bullet" model bracelet shown at bottom from my collection about 25 years ago.

I'll start watching my mailbox next week!

Original 1968 Bulova Accutron Astronaut on the JB "Bullet" bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Just ordered a new Forstner A12 homage of the 1960s Bulova Accutron Astronaut. This watch is a 1:1 update to the original Astronaut, but using the name of the Bulova model worn by X-15 rocket pilots. The crystal is updated to sapphire, and movement from a tuning fork to a Swiss Ronda GMT without second hand….
    Very nice
    I think this is a great reissue
    I have both of those Forstner straps (bullet on my flightmaster, mesh on my Glycine airman. I think the quailty is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    The recent arrival of the blue means I've now owned all 3 colours of this watch. This ones my favourite colour of what could possibly be my favourite watch!

Stunning looking watch

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Just ordered a new Forstner A12 homage of the 1960s Bulova Accutron Astronaut. This watch is a 1:1 update to the original Astronaut, but using the name of the Bulova model worn by X-15 rocket pilots. The crystal is updated to sapphire, and movement from a tuning fork to a Swiss Ronda GMT without second hand. ...
    Love the look of the watch, but puzzled why the seconds-hand deletion?

Another question if I may: does the Forstner mesh have any 'stretch' to it? I've never handled one.

You always pop up with a very cool watch and not long after somehow pop up again in something even cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You always pop up with a very cool watch and not long after somehow pop up again in something even cooler.

Watch + skin = perfect colour co-ordination!

Master
    Watch + skin = perfect colour co-ordination!
    I do try. Coordinating watch and clothing is to easy! With regards to “cool” watches, i have an addiction to them that requires regular feeding! It takes more of my time that i will admit to anyone to scour the internet sales for pieces i desire (and can afford!), and that are reduced enough to be considered a “bargain” Inveriably one has to go to fund the new - this time it was a Bremont Supermarine that went in PX. So long as there’s a new “cool watch” to strap on, the old is never missed (much!)

Another question if I may: does the Forstner mesh have any 'stretch' to it? I've never handled one.
    No but it does feel rather flimsy (vintage) compared to modern equivalents
    It is a quality item though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    No but it does feel rather flimsy (vintage) compared to modern equivalents
    It is a quality item though.

Thanks. I do like the look. Not sure I own anything it could be paired with though...

Incredibile new entry for me, great fan of Lemania 5100 calibre and limited 200 pcs 1991 edition of my biggest customer in Stuttgart, Mercedes.

Full set including purchasing receipt matching with owner name and address (!) on case back.

Watch any to replace scratched crystal.

This stratoliner is the pre version of the cosmonauts few years later.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginpopy View Post
    Full set including purchasing receipt matching with owner name and address (!) on case back.
    Very cool. I might need to get a Fortis back in the collection...

Incredibile new entry for me, great fan of Lemania 5100 calibre and limited 200 pcs 1991 edition of my biggest customer in Stuttgart, Mercedes.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Absolute beauty!

Very cool.

Master
    Grabbed this interesting solar-powered Seiko today. Odd and lovely!

Master
    Blog Entries

This arrived today and I’m blown away. Such quality and high horology, all for the price of an average grey Rolex. Insane but good for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post

This arrived today and I’m blown away. Such quality and high horology, all for the price of an average grey Rolex. Insane but good for me.

That’s gorgeous, congratulations

Master

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Wow! That’s lovely

Last edited by NigeG; 22nd March 2024 at 20:08.

What time is it?

Beautiful Blancpain.

The 1924 edition Fears with a silver case from the British Watchmakers' Day.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Master

That’s lovely! I

I d picknthis any time above a Rolex

Journeyman

That really is a cracking piece. Am I correct in thinking it's a 38mm case? Looks similar to a 2185f style?

I fully agree with you regarding the value represented by Blancpain versus Grey priced Rolex.
    The bang for buck that can be had via 2nd hand is incredible.

Stunning.

This is what horology is all about. Quality over everything else at the same price point. This or a boring Rolex?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Stunning.

This is what horology is all about. Quality over everything else at the same price point. This or a boring Rolex?
    It's okay to like both.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That really is a cracking piece. Am I correct in thinking it's a 38mm case? Looks similar to a 2185f style?

I fully agree with you regarding the value represented by Blancpain versus Grey priced Rolex.
    The bang for buck that can be had via 2nd hand is incredible.
    Thanks, yep it’s a 38mm. One of 25 made in this combo of metal and dial, from early 2000s leman range.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    What time is it?
    In most light it’s very easy to read, just tilt the wrist if not. Skeleton hands mean you can see the sub dials and a bit of lume tips helps

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    It's okay to like both.
    Of course it is. We all have our own taste in watches. That's just my personal opinion. I own a Rolex or two that are a bit boring when compared to this Blancpain that to me is way more interesting, horologically.
    Last edited by j111dja; 23rd March 2024 at 17:50.

Master
    Thanks, yep it’s a 38mm. One of 25 made in this combo of metal and dial, from early 2000s leman range.

Now thats truly limited. Well done!

Master
    Boring Rolex alert …. Really happy with this …… St Patrick’s day purchase … only one way to mark it

Assuming it is a rose gold YM, then that is one of the nicest they have made for a while.

(Cant tell, as your camera seems to have enjoyed the craic a bit much as it cannot focus!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In most light it’s very easy to read, just tilt the wrist if not. Skeleton hands mean you can see the sub dials and a bit of lume tips helps

I keep thinking about the more simple but same-styled titanium Chrono they did.
    Both lovely lookers, well done mate.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

This for me.
    It is like a Garmin, with some fun sprinkled on top - defo takes itself less seriously, but does some serious stuff ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Assuming it is a rose gold YM, then that is one of the nicest they have made for a while.

(Cant tell, as your camera seems to have enjoyed the craic a bit much as it cannot focus!)

Yes it’s rose … this might be better

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spogehead View Post

That's anything but "boring" For me also, the best Rolex available at the moment (although I'd be going for the white gold) Tried one on at the local Goldsmiths (it's in the window for sale would you believe!) Absolute class. Have spent weeks doing the man maths, but alas don't want to say goodbye to the watches I already have. It's definitely my "one day" watch.

Quote Originally Posted by spogehead View Post

They nailed the proportions on that. I used to have the WG in 42 but I think that is a nicer watch.

Master
    That's anything but "boring" For me also, the best Rolex available at the moment (although I'd be going for the white gold) Tried one on at the local Goldsmiths (it's in the window for sale would you believe!) Absolute class. Have spent weeks doing the man maths, but alas don't want to say goodbye to the watches I already have. It's definitely my "one day" watch.
    This one was in the window in Loupe Croydon last Sunday … was only passing on the way to boots and thought I’d check waiting list progress on a steel sky dweller.

Whilst there thought I’d have a look at the YM ( exhibition only ) Couldn’t believe when the woman said … give me 5 minutes i need to check with our manager you might be able to buy this!

Clearly not the most popular in the range but was very surprised to walk away with it …. Changing times ??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    This one has really grown on me - chap at work has one. Quite the eye catcher ( the watch )