closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 411 of 416 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,550 of 20798

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

New arrival - and first G-Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    My old watch, thought about buying it back!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Sorry. I forgot to get in touch with a first refusal

It is a cracking watch, and for that price, ridiculous. I just have too many watches and similar styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Sorry. I forgot to get in touch with a first refusal

It is a cracking watch, and for that price, ridiculous. I just have too many watches and similar styles.
    Subconciously glad you didn’t get in touch! I’m trying to be good but having trouble resisting your Seiko that you have for sale!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    My Dad’s had this for around 15years and he decided to give it to me yesterday.

Cheers
    Neil

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Acquired one of these recently as well (a couple of pages back on this thread). Really nice aren't they !

Seems crazy given how much we tend to spend on other watches that one of these can look so good for little more than the cost of a decent leather strap :-)

Nice that you got yours from your dad as well. He has excellent taste in my book !

It's a good thing I'm not in the Watch Purchase Abstinence Club. Two more today, collected from the CW stand at the ABWCM show after a degree of kerfuffle around the Bel Canto order.

Wanted one of these for ages and finally took the plunge Friday night. Delivered Sunday morning, very quick (bought new from First Class Watches).

Really like it, proper tool watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquastar Benthos H1 reissue

I bought similar last year and its been superb so couldn't resist this one :)

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post

Thoughts?

I hope they bring out a chrono version (without all of the issues that plague the originals)

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Wanted one of these for ages and finally took the plunge Friday night. Delivered Sunday morning, very quick (bought new from First Class Watches).

Really like it, proper tool watch.

Why would you need any other watch? Perfect size, totally legible, can take a dunk in the pool and looks good to boot.

Ah, maybe this is why we all need other watches. Stunner

That’s a brute!

Having recently seen my old Patek 5227R on the FS forum. It got me hankering for a PM dress watch. That I can wear instead of the Sub.
    I would have loved to see the 5227R sitting back on my wrist. But realistically the days of spending so much money, have long gone.

So I started to see what was available.
    The usual suspects appeared for between £6,000 - £10,000
    But then I remembered seeing this preowned Longines in 18kt Rose Gold, at my AD.
    The price was good at £2,500 and to top it off, when I enquired about it. Found that it was NOS, box,papers and a 2 year warranty.
    The date is difficult to see, but hey when I finally retire. Who needs to know the date.

After years of dallying about, missing out and funding droughts…
    Finally got the 116600 that I should have bought years ago!

The last Rollie sports watch that was made the right size ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    After years of dallying about, missing out and funding droughts…
    Finally got the 116600 that I should have bought years ago!

The last Rollie sports watch that was made the right size ;)
    Very nice, if that was the one on SC it looked immaculate. Picked my one up on Friday and think it will stay longer the last one did.

A few rungs below those two superb sea dwellers and that cracking Longines - GS SBGX009

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Thoughts?

I hope they bring out a chrono version (without all of the issues that plague the originals)
    Loving it.
    May be H2 will be a chrono.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    It got me hankering for a PM dress watch. That I can wear instead of the Sub.
    You had one! That promise to wear just one watch didn't last long. Welcome back to forum normality

Had A LOT of Sinn watches over the years but never this model before

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    You had one! That promise to wear just one watch didn't last long. Welcome back to forum normality
    No, the plan is still to stick with one watch.
    And this will make the perfect watch.
    Besides the price was, imo, very good.
    The Sub will either be passed onto the family or sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Very nice, if that was the one on SC it looked immaculate. Picked my one up on Friday and think it will stay longer the last one did.
    First dibs

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    Had A LOT of Sinn watches over the years but never this model before

Always liked these, I even had an unsuccessful WTB at one stage. I do think they look great on a strap, and although I’m far from a NATO apologist, I think this is how I would wear it.

I would be interested to hear how you get on with it.

Dave

Master
    Having recently seen my old Patek 5227R on the FS forum. It got me hankering for a PM dress watch. That I can wear instead of the Sub.
    I would have loved to see the 5227R sitting back on my wrist. But realistically the days of spending so much money, have long gone.

So I started to see what was available.
    The usual suspects appeared for between £6,000 - £10,000
    But then I remembered seeing this preowned Longines in 18kt Rose Gold, at my AD.
    The price was good at £2,500 and to top it off, when I enquired about it. Found that it was NOS, box,papers and a 2 year warranty.
    The date is difficult to see, but hey when I finally retire. Who needs to know the date.

That is a lot of watch for the money imo. Is it eta based?

Master
    No, the plan is still to stick with one watch.
    Ah, fair enough and does seem a great pick up

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    That is a lot of watch for the money imo. Is it eta based?
    Thank you.
    I believe that it is.

Got this the other day, had one many years ago, purchased from Neil Wood, and long fancied another.

Box/Papers and bracelet with recent service so couldn’t resist!

Craftsman
    Loving this, thanks to Bob!

After several months watching-out for a sanely-priced example - including a moribund WTB, this just arrived:

I particulalrly wanted a Gen 2 because it is after-all called 'Monster', so the shark-tooth dial seems pretty iconic to me. Apparently I am one of relatively few who thought this, though, because while the Gen 1 stayed on the market unchanged for twelve years, Gen 2 models lasted just two! Gens 3 and 4 have subsequently both managed 7 years or more... All that noted, Gen 2 is the style the Chinese make the most copies of, by far, while originals are often ridiculously expensive as used examples - I've seen scruffy ones on thiefBay priced close to £700! Rich indeed for something once so cheap new, albeit hovering around £500 new nowadays! Anyway, it's taken me a few months to find an unabused-but-not-mint example at a sane price.

This one is much tidier than its seller seemed to think it was, and though lacking original box and most other things, it did come with its manual and a nice aftermarket two-watch travel case. The rest is clutter, so we're cool. Its previous owner evidently had wrists much the same size as mine, and what's more, the attractive but rather rigid bracelet is proving unexpectedly comfy. I was anticipating going straight on to rubber (Wahey!), but I'll live with this for a bit.

Finishing is superior to what I expected - pictures somehow make these things look cruder and more overstated than they are in the metal. On the wrist it's nicely finished and also an easy size at 43mm diameter and 12mm thick. It's quite ergonomically shaped with a domed back and very short lugs, so it sits really well on the wrist.

I was hoping for a nice tactile feel to that iconic chunky bezel, but like a lot of shrouded Seikos, it's actually a PITA to adjust, and this example is also very stiff after a decade+ of non-use. The crown is a proper faff to get-at as well - needs nimble digits, not arthritic sausages... Lume is 'Seiko-bright' at first, but fades pretty fast, which is where the compromise seems to be made with cheaper Seikos. What sort of state the 4R36 movement is in after over a decade - time will (literally...) tell.

I've yet to own a Seiko that's proved to be a keeper - as a company they have a real gift for snatching defeat from the jaws of glorious victory with all of their plethora of designs IMO - but first impressions of this are very positive, and all told this experiment in the world of beaters is so-far-so-

Last one for a while for me

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparmar1 View Post
    Got this the other day, had one many years ago, purchased from Neil Wood, and long fancied another.

Box/Papers and bracelet with recent service so couldn’t resist!

Nice pick up on the bracelet ... don't suppose there are many on the bracelet ...

Glorious!!!

Congrats! What a beauty

It looks great!👍

Although I doubt it will be long before you decide, not for the first time, that you prefer 6 digit models to wear and will move it on.😃

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Nice pick up on the bracelet ... don't suppose there are many on the bracelet ...
    I was a little dubious about the bracelet but thankfully it’s beauty and really comfortable.

Will no doubt add a strap at some point.

Sanjay

Master

Dibs on when you’re bored with it Wiley pleeeze!

Really nice - congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    That is lovely. Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    My favourite Mark II. Gorgeous thing that.
    A belated thank you both for your comments.

A

Master
    My grail at last & probably an exit watch for me. Must list a couple on SC to balance the books & keep Mrs 'wheelie happy.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    After several months watching-out for a sanely-priced example - including a moribund WTB, this just arrived:

I particulalrly wanted a Gen 2 because it is after-all called 'Monster', so the shark-tooth dial seems pretty iconic to me. Apparently I am one of relatively few who thought this, though, because while the Gen 1 stayed on the market unchanged for twelve years, Gen 2 models lasted just two! Gens 3 and 4 have subsequently both managed 7 years or more... All that noted, Gen 2 is the style the Chinese make the most copies of, by far, while originals are often ridiculously expensive as used examples - I've seen scruffy ones on thiefBay priced close to £700! Rich indeed for something once so cheap new, albeit hovering around £500 new nowadays! Anyway, it's taken me a few months to find an unabused-but-not-mint example at a sane price.

This one is much tidier than its seller seemed to think it was, and though lacking original box and most other things, it did come with its manual and a nice aftermarket two-watch travel case. The rest is clutter, so we're cool. Its previous owner evidently had wrists much the same size as mine, and what's more, the attractive but rather rigid bracelet is proving unexpectedly comfy. I was anticipating going straight on to rubber (Wahey!), but I'll live with this for a bit.

Finishing is superior to what I expected - pictures somehow make these things look cruder and more overstated than they are in the metal. On the wrist it's nicely finished and also an easy size at 43mm diameter and 12mm thick. It's quite ergonomically shaped with a domed back and very short lugs, so it sits really well on the wrist.

I was hoping for a nice tactile feel to that iconic chunky bezel, but like a lot of shrouded Seikos, it's actually a PITA to adjust, and this example is also very stiff after a decade+ of non-use. The crown is a proper faff to get-at as well - needs nimble digits, not arthritic sausages... Lume is 'Seiko-bright' at first, but fades pretty fast, which is where the compromise seems to be made with cheaper Seikos. What sort of state the 4R36 movement is in after over a decade - time will (literally...) tell.

I've yet to own a Seiko that's proved to be a keeper - as a company they have a real gift for snatching defeat from the jaws of glorious victory with all of their plethora of designs IMO - but first impressions of this are very positive, and all told this experiment in the world of beaters is so-far-so-
    Congrats with this one. Great monster 2nd gen is my fav. Later gens that were more expensive only due to 6R15 upgrade don't justify the price imho; personally sapphire upgrade instead of 6R is more appealing.

Bro says hi

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Always liked these, I even had an unsuccessful WTB at one stage. I do think they look great on a strap, and although I’m far from a NATO apologist, I think this is how I would wear it.

I would be interested to hear how you get on with it.

Dave

I had a WTB for ages too but never had one come through. In the end I went new when Jura messed up an order for me and offered me a discount to rectify it. Took a while to arrive but was worth the wait.

It’s surprisingly thin and hugs the wrist perfectly. I have a U50 Professional too so that’s my Sinn collection sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by martyloveswatches View Post
    Congrats with this one. Great monster 2nd gen is my fav. Later gens that were more expensive only due to 6R15 upgrade don't justify the price imho; personally sapphire upgrade instead of 6R is more appealing.

Bro says hi

Cheers! I now have to stop myself buying other colours - I do love the OM, but I've just seen one (not for sale luckily) with black day/date discs, and that looks sharp!

New to me (2000) really like it

Cheers guys, really chuffed with it. A little book balancing and my wife will let me enjoy it without a headache.

Decided to stray from my usual vintage Seiko path to try out the local competition. A 60s Orient Grand Prix Almighty. I'm used to slightly smaller watches, so was surprised by the weight of the thick steel case. Time keeping is a little inconsistent, so it will probably need to be serviced at some point. And yes, the 64 on the dial refers to the number of jewels (about half of which are not necessarily functional).

Picture of the 64 jewel movement stolen of the web

Superb and pointless. That dial is wonderful.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Superb and pointless.
    That's exactly why I wanted one! And maybe want to add a Grand Prix 100...

Journeyman
    The Monro Adventure arrived this morning. The presentation box is nice, I like the passport gimmick, it plays well with their adventure/travel schtick.

I was lucky enough to win a raffle on their Kickstarter for 1 of 3 "Lucky Red" versions of the watch.

I've the red on wrist at the mo, it wears quite tall but not obnoxiously so, certainly taller than my BB41.
    Very well finished, the knurling on the crowns and bezel all very nice and the smoothness of the movement in winding and adjusting all pleasantly pleasing.
    It really is a very nice bit of kit and I'm happy I backed it, particularly as I got a free and fairly unique version of the watch.
    May yet post the red over on the "is yours the only one" thread😁
    Although I don't know that a unique(ish) colourway really counts 🤔

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

While controversial when it was released I’ve had a hankering for one for a while.

With a softened market meaning they are currently well under RRP secondhand I finally pulled the trigger on one of these today.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    While controversial when it was released I’ve had a hankering for one for a while.

With a softened market meaning they are currently well under RRP secondhand I finally pulled the trigger on one of these today.

Love mine!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Love mine!

Thanks. Two different references Tony.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post

New to me (2000) really like it
    Love these tonous. Especially this one! Is it pm and perpetual?