closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 416 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

For the first time in my watch owning life, I have a piece back again! Only three times before have I ever bought the same kind of watch a second time (all Rolex) but this is the first time I have had the actual watch again.

I cannot for the life of me remember why I got rid of it, I know the watch I traded it for was something I really wanted but don't know why it this one was selected to go and I began to regret it soon afterwards. It's not leaving again as far as I know and has become something of a default wearer for me now. Comfort, lightness, readability and lack of any form of bling at all make this my first choice whenever I'm not at work. Thrilled to have it back!

[QUOTE=Alansmithee;3505839]Speaking of George Banks - new £200 beater:

Thats alot of watch for very little money.

Quote Originally Posted by Osian85 View Post
    Some very high end watches in this thread (not that that's a bad thing! been there myself) so here's something to tone it down a bit!

A quirky little incoming from a company called Slow, this one is the Jo 17.

I'v always wanted to try a one-hander, and this one has a 24hr dial which I think is a nice touch. The case and strap build quality look like they're gonna be good, its not too big at 38mm wide, and I love the colour combo... all for a shade under £190.

Nice watch : I have a Botta Uno 24 (currently on my wrist, indeed!). I love the relaxed, single-hand, 24-hr concept and wear mine on various colours of Perlon strap (ultra-comfortable) to vary the mood a bit.

Last edited by WatchIng; 3rd May 2015 at 22:54. Reason: Added image

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    For the first time in my watch owning life, I have a piece back again! Only three times before have I ever bought the same kind of watch a second time (all Rolex) but this is the first time I have had the actual watch again.

I cannot for the life of me remember why I got rid of it, I know the watch I traded it for was something I really wanted but don't know why it this one was selected to go and I began to regret it soon afterwards. It's not leaving again as far as I know and has become something of a default wearer for me now. Comfort, lightness, readability and lack of any form of bling at all make this my first choice whenever I'm not at work. Thrilled to have it back!

3536 is an awesome watch in any of the three versions.

My favorite

Master
    Not really a new arrival as I've had the watch sitting in the box for a while now after getting it from eBay a while back, stuck it on a Nato this morning and I think it looks pretty good so wearing it for the first time today

Hand delivered this very afternoon.

Apprentice
    ... just in Time for the Long Weekend, Runs +3 Seg in 4 days.

Br,Dirk

Craftsman

New arrival - Breitling Aerospace F75362

This came today - there's a thread about it somewhere or other...

I have this G - Gerlach Otago incomming direct from the manufacturer.
    I chose this combination below as I feel it will look the dogs dangles for summer beach duty on a Shark mesh. ;)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    This came today - there's a thread about it somewhere or other...

Wow-looks like a very clean example-enjoy!

Master
    I've been making some changes to the collection... plan was to get a Black Bay after trying one on the other week. However, I saw this on SC and thought I'd give it a try. Arrived late last week and I was a bit unconvinced with it to start with... but I've removed the OEM leather strap today and put it on the bracelet, and I think I'm starting to bond with it a bit more:-

I think I just don't like curved end straps.. it must be that. I used to have Hamilton with an OEM curved end strap and put that on a regular aftermarket strap.

This arrived today, hate the bracelet, love the watch.

Been a while for me, but after being Rolexless for a month or so I was getting twitchy. I'd gone from almost 10 years with Daytona/ExpII/SD x 2 (with a 1016 and 1665 in there somewhere) to DSSD/1665, then 1665/Hulk/Sub, then all went to pick up something special.

My first ever Rolex, bought new for £1800 was an Explorer 14270. I loved it at first but then moved onto a Sea-Dweller (£2k!) and sold it for £1300 (considered a good price!). I have recently started wearing smaller watches again with some 35-36mm pieces and 40mm now seems big on me. This appeared from marksh on SC as a nice 'vintage' set from 2001, the watch not perfect with some marks commensurate with age and a dink in the crystal, but that's fine as it'll be a weekender and a knockabout (within reason).

Back on the wrist for the first time in 10 years - feels so right! The size of it gives a vintage feel but with a modern movement, sapphire, SELs and a fliplock clasp. All the quality of Rolex and basically invisible an office full of Rolex wearers! Very pleased :)

Looks nice Lewis - for reference what is your wrist size? I'd love an exp 1 buy fear it's too small for my 7 inch wrist also being 6'4 it might look strange as well

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Looks nice Lewis - for reference what is your wrist size? I'd love an exp 1 buy fear it's too small for my 7 inch wrist also being 6'4 it might look strange as well
    Quite small wrists, 6.75". However they are flat so I can just about get away with bigger stuff. The FPJ here is a very honest 40mm, the case shape and almost integrated nature of the bracelet make the Exp it 'wear' bigger than say a vintage 36mm Omega would. The size definitely feels more classic than modern.

Edited to add as a curiosity - I just set he Exp to the atomic clock before the photo. I see the FPJ is running 1-2 seconds slower than the Exp - I set it using the atomic clock on 23rd April when I bought it! That really isn't bad is it for a mechanical watch...

Last edited by DB9yeti; 7th May 2015 at 13:00.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    I have 7 inch wrists too and the 36mm Explorer is the PERFECT size for me IMO. I don't think height plays any part in how a watch looks on your wrists.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    That looks lovely what model is it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    That looks lovely what model is it?
    Thanks, it's a PAM 389

Mint Explorer 2

So I have been deliberating for a long time which watch to get as a keeper, gone from the Omega AT to the Tudor Pelagos and to a Sub. Sub just a bit too expensive for me and really rather common IMO, I also have several diver watches such as Seiko and Steinhart so wanted something a bit different. Always wanted a Rolex and have really rather fallen in love with the older version Explorer 2, a much underrated piece compared to the GMT & the Sub. So have now got it, a nice absolutely mint example that is 22 years old with that lovely polar dial. Sooo happy with it, and definitely made the right choice I think.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I've a '72 1016 Explorer that's been my daily wearer for the past 4 years (except when taking the kids swimming or gardening). Trouble is, I love wearing it... and it's starting to show on the case. Last Wednesday I came across the solution to my quandary, in the form of a 'full set' one owner 1984 1016, worn a handful of times, with the hologram sticker still on the caseback. Turns out the watch was a 50th present in 1985, but the chap didn't have the heart to tell his wife he still preferred wearing his 1950 oyster, and thus only wore it on anniversaries! Anyway, here it is... Apologies for the piccies (taken in haste by iPhone whilst the children nap)

And here they are..

Last edited by wristwatchwoody; 8th May 2015 at 17:20.

struggling with the technology today :|

Last edited by wristwatchwoody; 8th May 2015 at 17:18.

todays delivery, i am going to be busy

Arrived yesterday. It's time for a Sinn..

Received this in yesterday's mail. No nothing about it other than is a Hema (never heard of them) from what appears to be 1970's but I could be wrong.
    If anyone has any info I would be very great full.

Just been delivered after a couple of months wait for it

2 incomers for me! I'm in Spain working at the moment though so will be waiting for a week or so before they have both eventually arrived with me so i'll post my own pics when I receive them.

I had been putting some cash aside for a Speedbird III PRS-22 then seen a Dreadnought Voyager in the sales corner that changed my mind on the PRS-22... I normally work to a strict budget when buying watches but for this one I had to put a little more in, i'm sure when I receive the watch i'll be glad i did...

The Deep Blue Sea Ram Chrono is a 'beater' so to speak, I fancied something cheaper and more crude to wear at the beach, in and out the sea on a weekend when i'm away working. Hopefully the Deep Blue is the one for this purpose.

PRS-21 Dreadnought Voyager GMT. One of the best looking dive watches around in my opinion!

And a 'daily beater' so to speak - Deep Blue Sea Ram Chrono. Quartz but sapphire crystal, bold and brash, a bit like myself, looking forward to trying it!

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Prompt delivery from the postman this morning....

Love the bracelet !

Mark
    Last edited by markl; 9th May 2015 at 15:27.

Master
    Arrived today from BigSwede.

waiting for something from Huston...

Postie just delivered my Blue dialled Navitimer B01 46mm on bracelet.

^ lovely that, Andrew

I sold and then rebought this watch here some time ago. Now the new hands arrived. Here they are being installed.

Craftsman
    Arrived after lots of ups and downs.

Thought I'd give an Amphibia a go. Great little watch once you get it off the shocking bracelet! Already survived its first swim and the movement is +10sec over the last 24 hours since it arrived yesterday...

Blog Entries
    After a few years mulling over a GMT, I've just received this Alpina Avalanche GMT

Ironically, I may no longer 'need' a GMT as my work travels are due to reduce soon.

z

Master
    Delivered this morning. Hits the markers too!

poor man's hulkmariner on leather nato

Master
    New to me courtesy of Coot, put it on Hadley Roma Kevlar strap. 103 Ti DIAPAL.
    After wearing a PO with bracelet this feel like a feather on my wrist.

Master
    Good catch. Love that grey Sinn goodness. Definitely added to my 'want' list.

Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post

[QUOTE=alphajet;3527389]New to me courtesy of Coot, put it on Hadley Roma Kevlar strap. 103 Ti DIAPAL.
    After wearing a PO with bracelet this feel like a feather on my wrist.

Yep, that sure is a winner with me too! Loving the grey/titanium bezel, beautifully captured. Surprised to read how deep the case measures (16.5mm) yet it doesn't look bulky.
    Another one on Ze List.

Master
    My first Rolex. Couldn't be happier! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post

Can't think of a better choice - congratulations!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post

Well what took so long?!

The GMT IIc was also my first Rolex - have now settled with a Polar Exp II 42mm, but that GMT is a fab watch isnt it?!

95 issue CWC

Return of the Shturmanskie 31659