Quote Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post
Stowa arrived today.

The leather strap is very nice, thick and soft but a little too thick for my liking not that I'd be wearing it anyway as prefer rubber, so swapped over the bronze buckle to the Hirsch pure natural rubber I had set aside for this.

Initial thoughts after the first day... Certainly a finely made piece of kit. The bronze finish has been done by hand and whatever treatment they give it they say won't further oxidise in normal use but may react a little bit depending on what liquid it comes into contact with. A little annoying the strap buckle did not undergo the same treatment so will have to let that age over time, nothing major.

The movement (Selita SW215-1 Top grade) winding action is nice and well damped although the clicking ratchet sound as you wind is not as loud as the one in the Hamilton (Hamilton H-50). It is a very nice looking movement though as the photos will show and Stowa have removed the ghost position when you opt for no-date which is nice, was fully expecting a ghost position like on the Laco (Miyota 8315) since no mention of its removal online anywhere, unless this is a recent thing.

Even though the lume is old radium for the day colour, it hasn't affected the luminosity of the C3 in darkness, seems to be as bright as the bare C3 on the Laco which seems to last a fair while.

The size and weight is almost perfect for me. Nice having a thinner case.

Interesting observation on the domed sapphire, the way reflections move around on the surface is different to any other domed sapphire I have had or seen on a watch. It's hard to describe but it's very smooth and lacks any sort of distortion/magnification - Looks cool.

Accuracy is supposed to be 0 to +10s a day but will keep an eye on. I've heard watches getting magnetised in shipping as they go through various scanning machines and things as they depart and arrive through countries. I have a demagnetiser anyway though if it does appear to be running fast.

Many photos warning... Kinda funny that my photos below are the only photos online of this model with the hand wind movement and bronze caseback together :p

I love the heat blued hands the way they shimmer in the light:

On the wrist (6.7")

More photos...

Size comparison vs the Laco 39m and Hamilton 36mm:

Lume comparison:
Lovely. And stunning photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post
Stowa arrived today.

The leather strap is very nice, thick and soft but a little too thick for my liking not that I'd be wearing it anyway as prefer rubber, so swapped over the bronze buckle to the Hirsch pure natural rubber I had set aside for this.

Initial thoughts after the first day... Certainly a finely made piece of kit. The bronze finish has been done by hand and whatever treatment they give it they say won't further oxidise in normal use but may react a little bit depending on what liquid it comes into contact with. A little annoying the strap buckle did not undergo the same treatment so will have to let that age over time, nothing major.

The movement (Selita SW215-1 Top grade) winding action is nice and well damped although the clicking ratchet sound as you wind is not as loud as the one in the Hamilton (Hamilton H-50). It is a very nice looking movement though as the photos will show and Stowa have removed the ghost position when you opt for no-date which is nice, was fully expecting a ghost position like on the Laco (Miyota 8315) since no mention of its removal online anywhere, unless this is a recent thing.

Even though the lume is old radium for the day colour, it hasn't affected the luminosity of the C3 in darkness, seems to be as bright as the bare C3 on the Laco which seems to last a fair while.

The size and weight is almost perfect for me. Nice having a thinner case.

Interesting observation on the domed sapphire, the way reflections move around on the surface is different to any other domed sapphire I have had or seen on a watch. It's hard to describe but it's very smooth and lacks any sort of distortion/magnification - Looks cool.

Accuracy is supposed to be 0 to +10s a day but will keep an eye on. I've heard watches getting magnetised in shipping as they go through various scanning machines and things as they depart and arrive through countries. I have a demagnetiser anyway though if it does appear to be running fast.

Many photos warning... Kinda funny that my photos below are the only photos online of this model with the hand wind movement and bronze caseback together :p

I love the heat blued hands the way they shimmer in the light:

On the wrist (6.7")

More photos...

Size comparison vs the Laco 39m and Hamilton 36mm:

Lume comparison:
Lovely. And stunning photos.