closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 318 of 416 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast
Results 15,851 to 15,900 of 20783

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    One of the latest arrival. Love it. I've been thinking about this Sinn for a while. Glad I finally pulled a trigger. It is a version with an acrylic crystal and full caseback. This version is not in production anymore.
    And that dial, wow!
    That looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I'll do a proper effort-post soon if people are interested, but I picked up this special order this week. (The bezel is the special bit - I wanted a 1-12 bezel, not a minute bezel.)

That's an awesome looking watch. Green is an underused colour but so striking against the black dial.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Picked this up on Saturday.
    Im in the process of shuffling around my collection and wanted something non diver.
    Rang Chisholm Hunter midweek last week to ask if they had as their website showed one in stock in Edinburgh. The woman was a bit baffled and said she would have to ring back, a couple of hours later she had found it tucked away in the back of their safe and not on display despite showing in inventory. Happy days.
    Its my first German watch other than a Sinn U1 many moons ago and I REALLY love it already.

Tried that very watch on a few weeks ago and thought they'd sold it as I haven't seen it in the window for a long time. seems they just lost it down the back of the metaphorical sofa!

Size is right on the borderline for me - it does wear large but it's soooo attractive. My problem is that I also like the Panomatic Lunar in silver and can't do both...

Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    One of the latest arrival. Love it. I've been thinking about this Sinn for a while. Glad I finally pulled a trigger. It is a version with an acrylic crystal and full caseback. This version is not in production anymore.
    And that dial, wow!
    I’ve often fancied a 356, I suspect one day I’ll take the plunge. How does the thickness to diameter ratio feel like in real life? It’s one of the things putting me off.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Tried that very watch on a few weeks ago and thought they'd sold it as I haven't seen it in the window for a long time. seems they just lost it down the back of the metaphorical sofa!

Size is right on the borderline for me - it does wear large but it's soooo attractive. My problem is that I also like the Panomatic Lunar in silver and can't do both...
    Do the lunar do the lunar!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I’ve often fancied a 356, I suspect one day I’ll take the plunge. How does the thickness to diameter ratio feel like in real life? It’s one of the things putting me off.
    The thickness is not that bad. Of course due to the smaller diameter it looks maybe bit taller but in general it wears very nice on a wrist. I don't have any problem to fit it under the cuffs. But of course it is not a slimmest watch ever made :)

Not too shabby for the price:

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

Very chuffed with this Super Kontiki ‘73 ltd edition, which I think I’m the third forum owner of this month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    Very chuffed with this Super Kontiki ‘73 ltd edition, which I think I’m the third forum owner of this month!

Cracking watch, I was very tempted.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post

These are a lovely looking watch with a real history behind them.

Master
    My wife brought my new DJ to show me today, this is my poor effort at trying to show the dial detail. The reality is far more impressive than my pics, but suffice to say I’m delighted with it..😎

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    My wife brought my new DJ to show me today, this is my poor effort at trying to show the dial detail. The reality is far more impressive than my pics, but suffice to say I’m delighted with it..

wow! That is a stunner. Congratulations and I mean this sincerely considering what you’ve gone through, “wear it in good health”. All the best on your recovery. Martyn
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

That GO is lovely Celia, as is the 16710.

How do they compare on the wrist?

My wife brought my new DJ to show me today, this is my poor effort at trying to show the dial detail. The reality is far more impressive than my pics, but suffice to say I’m delighted with it..
    Classy watch that and an intriguing dial. Like it!

My wife brought my new DJ to show me today, this is my poor effort at trying to show the dial detail. The reality is far more impressive than my pics, but suffice to say I’m delighted with it..😎

Stunning, would be tempted if one came my way.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

In my constant self-flagellation, I have looped back around to 5-digit Rolex sports watches… - after selling almost one of each sort, many moons ago and for relative change, I have bit an awfully hard bullet and got myself a long-missed SeaDweller 16600 (for more than double the price of the last one I had. Boo-hoo, first world problems)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My first Breitling so went big, tried one of these on about 5 years ago but didn’t like the quality of the bracelet, seems like they’ve stepped up a bit in that department

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    My first Breitling so went big, tried one of these on about 5 years ago but didn’t like the quality of the bracelet, seems like they’ve stepped up a bit in that department

Can I ask where you got that one from?
    I put one aside in Bicester yesterday and some other dippy shop assistant sold it while I was getting coffee .

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Been away with work most of last week and weekend! Come back this morning to this so i had to open it up!

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    Been away with work most of last week and weekend! Come back this morning to this so i had to open it up!

That strap is a perfect match for it. Very cool. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Can I ask where you got that one from?
    I put one aside in Bicester yesterday and some other dippy shop assistant sold it while I was getting coffee .

Yeh Bicester ;-)
    No, Mallorys of Bath

Master
    Yeh Bicester ;-)
    No, Mallorys of Bath

Haha, I don't feel so bad now

Master
    It's good that we're all different and happy you like it. I went to pick up the 36mm version (6 months wait) with this dial today and turned it down as the dial did absolutely nothing for me in real life so re-registered again for a plain black dial. And I have now been waiting 11 months for a black dial OP36.

Master
    My love of no-date watches continues... I yearned for another of these after owning both the date and no-date version previously. Will see if absence makes the heart grow fonder or if it's a case of rose-tinted glasses!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post

That look brilliant!

D

Thinking about this myself, nice pick up.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    It's good that we're all different and happy you like it. I went to pick up the 36mm version
    This one is the 36mm version.👌

I've been after one for a while.
    Last edited by j111dja; 8th March 2022 at 01:37.

I like those, can't deal with that much polished steel though.

Might be a candidate for bead blasting though...

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    I like those, can't deal with that much polished steel though.

Might be a candidate for bead blasting though...
    An easy brush job if anyone wants to go down that route.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    I've been after one for a while.
    I get way more wear and enjoyment out of mine than I'd expected, bit of a conspicuous good-deal in the current dive watch market and suits a retro rubber more than the OEM nato.

Here's mine :-)

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    I get way more wear and enjoyment out of mine than I'd expected, bit of a conspicuous good-deal in the current dive watch market and suits a retro rubber more than the OEM nato.

Here's mine :-)

Ant

Looks good.

I have mine on one of my favourite straps. A Bisonstrap.

Last edited by j111dja; 8th March 2022 at 19:29.

Stoked with this absolute corker of a watch from a forum member

free picture hosting

Master
    Two incomings in two weeks! Both very different watches, and at different ends of the size scale, but both share the tool watch vibe. Liking them both!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    That GO is lovely Celia, as is the 16710.
    How do they compare on the wrist?
    Cheers Dave, The GO looks and feels larger and and more refined, the square case makes it wear bigger than the 40mm stats it suggests and more like a 42mm imo and the bracelet has a lovely drape to it.

Size comparison of the two, both 40mm

Wow, that Glashutte!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Raj, its fast becoming a favourite.

Master

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

After umming and arring, and then having a deal fall through, I finally picked up the SD4k. I can see why they are accelerating in popularity as it really does blend the 5 digit compact case design with the modernity of the 6 digits from the ceramachrom bezel with Glidelock. Full track 60min bezel and no-Cyclops seals the deal. Recently sold the latest 126610 Sub to fund this, and I don’t regret it one bit. Could be a keeper…

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    After umming and arring, and then having a deal fall through, I finally picked up the SD4k. I can see why they are accelerating in popularity as it really does blend the 5 digit compact case design with the modernity of the 6 digits from the ceramachrom bezel with Glidelock. Full track 60min bezel and no-Cyclops seals the deal. Recently sold the latest 126610 Sub to fund this, and I don’t regret it one bit. Could be a keeper…

Looks lovely and a classic.

Miss my one dearly. Having sold for 9k a few years ago, I need to recalibrate that 16k or thereabouts is just where the new entry price is these days. Definitely a keeper and it looks great!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
    Picked this up today after wanting one for ages. Absolutely love it.

Just stunning Doug. Waiting for mine in the same configuration as the Chocolate dial (over the slate/white one) for me looks the best for Everose to me

Quote Originally Posted by Courboy View Post
    Miss my one dearly. Having sold for 9k a few years ago, I need to recalibrate that 16k or thereabouts is just where the new entry price is these days. Definitely a keeper and it looks great!
    Was offered one with a 15% discount and first free service in 2015 from an AD on Oxford street. How prices have changed!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Was offered one with a 15% discount and first free service in 2015 from an AD on Oxford street. How prices have changed!
    In comparison to other Rolex over the same period, the 116600 is actually undervalued at 16k. The 16710, has risen almost 300% in comparison over the same time period. Just 3 years ago we were moaning over Daytona's at 15k. Now white ones are 45-50. Thank Covid.

Journeyman

Very nice mate

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    9k? Sold mine for closer to £6k I think. Was bought new with a discount from Goldsmiths as it was sat in the window. I sold it and kept a vintage Rolex that’s gone up nowhere near as much. Recent or current model watches appreciating faster than vintage? Different times eh!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    9k? Sold mine for closer to £6k I think. Was bought new with a discount from Goldsmiths as it was sat in the window. I sold it and kept a vintage Rolex that’s gone up nowhere near as much. Recent or current model watches appreciating faster than vintage? Different times eh!

Ant
    Yup! I did also pay £9k for it about 8 months prior to that though, so I wasn't fortunate enough to buy it at a good price either (although that would now be a bargain!).

Master
    In comparison to other Rolex over the same period, the 116600 is actually undervalued at 16k. The 16710, has risen almost 300% in comparison over the same time period. Just 3 years ago we were moaning over Daytona's at 15k. Now white ones are 45-50. Thank Covid.
    So assuming £16k is the in-price for a 116600, what’s a 16710 worth now ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    So assuming £16k is the in-price for a 116600, what’s a 16710 worth now ? (Looking on E-Bay there’s £5k difference between the lowest and highest).

Master

IMG_5885.JPGLatest purchase arrived a week ago and I must say how impressed so am with how it wears for a chunky watch, bracelet is so good, very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app