closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 359 of 416 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409 ... LastLast
Results 17,901 to 17,950 of 20798

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Craftsman
    Grail arrival

I was very lucky to very recently find and be able to pick up this very early, very original 1972/73 Orfina Porsche Design 7750, which as the title states, is a grail watch for me. Finding one retaining it's original Orfina signed crown and bracelet was a bonus, as most of either one or both of these have long since disappeared.

Master
    This arrived today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    On the chronograph theme this came in today, Zinex Flightmaster bought in the summer as 'NOS needing service' which it's just had, courtesy of Duncan.

Running sweetly now and keeping great time. Won't replace the Zenith but definitely fun to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    This arrived today

An R500. I like that!

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by weedram View Post
    Grail arrival

I was very lucky to very recently find and be able to pick up this very early, very original 1972/73 Orfina Porsche Design 7750, which as the title states, is a grail watch for me. Finding one retaining it's original Orfina signed crown and bracelet was a bonus, as most of either one or both of these have long since disappeared.
    They had the Porsche one for sale in Milan today

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    Bit slow posting this but since its arrival a couple of weeks back, it's never left my wrist - it seems to me to be something close to the perfect watch.

I had the original Zenith Chronometro Tipo CP2 for a bit, which I liked, though it never entirely convinced, despite its El Primero movement. While the original was a pretty faithful resurrection of the 1960s Italian military original, the bronze version, with the flyback version of the movement and view back, pulls out all the stops.

My limited photography skills/ancient iPhone haven't been able to capture either the subtleties of the gradation in shade across the dial, or the popping out, 3D quality of the subdials, but that's where the wearing experience starts, far more obvious in real life. Unlike a lot of bronze watches it's part anodised in the places where you would want the most patination, so the variation over time is quite small as the patination doesn't vary so much as on a lot of bronze watches (and I've had quite a few). And being bronze it seems immune to wear marks.

Came on the OEM brown suede/rubber backed strap. I ordered its gray-green counterpart from Zenith which I'm sure will be a better bet than dark brown, in the meantime I stuck a green suede on it which works well, though anything olive seems to do the job really.

Absolutely delighted with it, to a large extent it's even put the IWC BP43 blue dial in the shade, at least for the moment though no doubt I'll find my way back to it eventually. The IWC is the more dramatic of the two of course (hard to believe they both measure 43mm - the Zenith looks 2-3mm smaller on the wrist with its bezel, short lug to lug and thin case) but there's a subtle, very personal pleasure from the Zenith that's quite different from the more 'out there' IWC.

In the stable, it replaced a heftier, thicker Tudor Black Bay Bronze slate dial, also 43mm, in feel and size some way between the two, but the Zenith is quite a distance above the Tudor in execution. Still, I might nab another Tudor BBB at some stage as I did enjoy it.

Very nice indeed.

Thanks Senninha,

I must still be doing something daft, as I tried what you suggested, and it opens a window for url address, but tried to put in url of my desktop to upload the photo from but that didn't work.

I then tried to copy the URL of the photo i had already uploaded, (which you copied below) from the 'manage attachments' storage area, and it then just uploaded the link to the photo again, not the actual photo.

please appreciate you letting me know what i'm still doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Us the buttons to click on 'Insert images'. Basically it puts the tag 'IMG' and '/IMG' around the address, so that the forum knows to interpret it as an image rather than an attachment.

As below

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    They had the Porsche one for sale in Milan today
    How much were they asking for that Ryan?
    I think these were about £7k for the short time they were available before selling out direct from Porsche Design about a year ago.

How much were they asking for that Ryan?
    I think these were about £7k for the short time they were available before selling out direct from Porsche Design about a year ago.
    £5.6k after discount and VAT refund. It is a display model but as new.

TBH I was underwhelmed- didn't feel like a £6k watch and probably getting the Orfina at half the price is a more sensible (and authentic) solution

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    With thanks to Tommy, a new arrival from SC. Absolutely made up to finally have an EZM 1. All time favourite Sinn.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk
    Enjoy! Looks amazing on you

Grail arrival

Birth year watch beautiful

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Sinn 556i, got this about a week ago now I think, the second one I’ve had and the only watch that I really regretted selling, hence the buy back. Hasn’t left my wrist since and today I put it on this leather strap.

I think this is about as close as I can get to a watch that would be the ‘one watch’ that is versatile enough to stop me needing or wanting others. Great size (38.5), slim (11.1), tough as nails - great for camping, water sports etc but can be dressed up enough for my needs also, and has the date.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Sinn 556i, got this about a week ago now I think, the second one I’ve had and the only watch that I really regretted selling, hence the buy back. Hasn’t left my wrist since and today I put it on this leather strap.

I think this is about as close as I can get to a watch that would be the ‘one watch’ that is versatile enough to stop me needing or wanting others. Great size (38.5), slim (11.1), tough as nails - great for camping, water sports etc but can be dressed up enough for my needs also, and has the date.

Great watch, I often think about buying one back too

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post

I have, like you David, sold and regretted! Perfect one watch, if that is actually a thing.

Anyway, when you flip, give me a shout haha.

Got a couple of proper "marmite" incomings I hope to share here soon. Not forum favourite brands by any stretch of the imagination and heart over head watches.
    Just have to hope they make it before Christmas...

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    I have, like you David, sold and regretted! Perfect one watch, if that is actually a thing.

Anyway, when you flip, give me a shout haha.

Haha, indeed mate. I’m definitely not flipping this time - just like I’m definitely quitting the lattes and starting the gym on Monday…

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    This arrived today

never saw this bullhead at all..

After a little over 13 months from ordering, my Dornblüth 99.1M arrived today. The dial is just unbelievable, I can’t photograph it properly, try as I might.

Dave

That is really, really nice helidoc. You must be chuffed.

It feels like I’ve finally grown up horologically

Early days of course, but my expectations have been totally exceeded, by some margin.

It’s the same watch as in the Watchfinder video, and that does a much better job of showcasing the dial

Dave

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    thats gorgeous Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    After a little over 13 months from ordering, my Dornblüth 99.1M arrived today. The dial is just unbelievable, I can’t photograph it properly, try as I might.
    Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats.

^^^ I'll echo those sentiments. That's very lovely indeed.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Dave
    Looks brilliant - enjoy it. I really love the texture of the silver dial. It's worth the wait!

The face on that Dornblüth is pure class - congratulations

Master
    Had this over a month now and it has taken me a bit by surprise. Supremely comfortable, superb clasp, bezel action is superb, runs at less than 1spd etc etc love it.

Master
    Double incoming…

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Sumptuous

Dave

Lovely. The medium size really is the sweets pot too. Enjoy!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Grail arrival

Congratulations, that looks excellent. There is something about those black pvd chronos from that era. Simple, functional and they look great.

Master

Dave

Congratulations, that is well worth the wait. Absolutely stunning.

Craftsman
    11erv Stunning and jealous:) is that 41 or 36mm

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    11erv Stunning and jealous:) is that 41 or 36mm
    It is 36mm - the only size DateJust that one should ever countenance wearing, in my opinion :-)

Daylight shot this morning (albeit under a blanket of stratus). The subdued shade of green on the dial is spot on (in a way that the ‘hulk’ green never was, for me).

It is 36mm - the only size DateJust that one should ever countenance wearing, in my opinion :-)

Daylight shot this morning (albeit under a blanket of stratus). The subdued shade of green on the dial is spot on (in a way that the ‘hulk’ green never was, for me).

Lovely. Just to say, the DJ41 is actually sub-40mm and is eminently wearable.

Craftsman
    That Datejust is gorgeous.

Final incoming of the year thanks to maseman

Master
    Just picked up the new VTNR GMT. Not for everybody but it is very comfortable wearing on the left wrist.

Not a popular brand on here but it's got some nice Aqua Terra vibes without the heftier price-tag.

Craftsman

I was in Lancaster town centre last week and was walking past Banks Lyon. Surprised I saw the mint Green Datejust, smooth bezel on jubilee bracelet. Wasn’t sure if it was 41mm or 36mm (had my reading glasses on and looking through the glass window so everything was magnified)

Anyway, went in to inquire and try on. The gentleman said it was 41mm but I was sure on close inspection it looked smaller 36mm. Turned out it was indeed 36mm and was pleasantly surprised, thought it looked good and not too small on the wrist (when I’m wearing my watch it’s a 45mm 50 Fathoms)

Got me thinking on the way home, over the next few days I decided I needed to go back for another look with the view to possibly purchasing. Sadly it had sold but seriously thinking I could live with 36mm on the wrist, the mint shade of green is outstanding

Master
    Just picked this up earlier today in a trade, my first Anonimo - very nice too!
    Last edited by emgee; 17th December 2022 at 19:31.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    That looks really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    That Datejust is gorgeous.
    +1, that daylight shot is v nice indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    +1, that daylight shot is v nice indeed!
    +2. Superb dial colour. Datejust needs to be 36mm imo (fluted with jubilee). Enjoy!

Master

That’s a lovely green ! Recently tried on the blue but would sway to this one actually, best colour imo. 36mm was a tad small for me though (only smooth bezel was available to try)

Master
    Christmas came early

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    Love it, have a soft spot for Anonimo, come close to pulling the trigger on one a few times but strangely never owned one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post

Not a popular brand on here but it's got some nice Aqua Terra vibes without the heftier price-tag.
    Very popular with me; Engineer ii red label chronometer . Love these and indeed rarely seen in these parts for sure. In the past i had a couple of Engineer hydrocarbons also fantastic watches.

Master
    I've have been hankering after an original Silverware for a few years now but this wasn't how I anticipated going about getting one. Prices always seem to be just out of reach so I have always followed my fancy in other directions while keeping my eye on what may come up. There have been plenty of fixer uppers but none that I felt were worth it. Until a few weeks ago when this one popped up in a search. In the photos it looked in pretty good nick, the case is alright, original crown, the bezel is faded but in a nice way and the patination was nice and even. Only the crystal has a few dings. Using good old WIS logic of "I could get a nice watch for a bargain but even if I don't I at least have a bunch of spares" I put in a speculatively low bid. Lo and behold no one else fancied it and it was mine.

A quick journey from Japan and it was here. After a few days of wear I feel that I have done pretty well. It is running at +10spd, and there are no nasty surprises with its condition. Yes the lume is a bit grotty and I will get that sorted and a new crystal will smarten it up but it definitely deserves better than to be banished to the parts bin.

As is often with this hobby this is is just the beginning of the story and a good condition original is still on the list (especially the starburst) but, for the time being I will enjoy this one.

It has also filled another niche, as I now have a salmon dialled watch in the collection.

Very Nice Wimm. I love getting an old unloved watch back in to service. With a new crystal that will be a real cracker.