closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 266 of 416 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 13,251 to 13,300 of 20783

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    Thank you! The bracelet fits nicely, as it happens - always a risk when it's "whole links or nothing"!
    OK - good. I think I have a Girard Perregaux bracelet somewhere from the same manufacturer with enough links to fit a gorilla.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    The last of a recent flurry of purchases. A Seiko A229-5020, the first LCD Silverwave. In reasonable condition but at least it is functioning well. What I hadn't appreciated was it has only two functions, time and chronograph. I'm so used to LCDs having timer and alarm that it didn't occur to me that early ones didn't have those functions.

Last edited by Wimm; 27th April 2021 at 20:17. Reason: Correct reference

Well, this is my first foray into the world of second hand Rolex. Picked it up this morning from Tom Coll in Glasgow. And I'm mightily impressed so far. Much better in the flesh than in any photo I have seen (although Jocke's photos are very close to how it appears in real life).

(Just noticed the bezel is not dead on 12. Apologies to all fellow OCD sufferers....)

A

Craftsman
    Probably my cheapest watch..a build off eBay.. My me rotation system is when any watch has lost or gained over a minute I swap... This sod could be on my wrist for life...1 second in 5 days!!! Cheap Seiko movement.. But it's running like a HAQ..

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM View Post
    New arrival this morning, Speedmaster 125...

Not the first time I've owned one of these and one I have wanted to replace for quite a while. A couple of 'firsts' for this watch on release, it was Omega's first LE with 2000 released (although probably many more released in reality after the initial run sold out!) and more importantly, the Omega cal 1041 (certified Lemania 1340 of the famous 5100 family) was the world first chronometer certified automatic chronograph. On release of the 125 in 1973, the US pricing of the caliber 861 Speedmaster Pro was $225. A Speedmaster 125 would have set you back $425, that is nearly a 90% premium!

Considering all of that, it always surprises me that these can be picked up quite reasonably, certainly in comparison to other vintage Speedies, and offer superb value for money, possibly with price rise coming as they approach the 2023 50yr milestone (that will Omega 175yr anniversary), who knows, mat be ripe for a reissue based on Omega's current trends?!

Due to the hunk of steel case and age there are quite a few nasty over-polished and dinked to hell, so keep an eye out for a good one if you are looking.

I missed a good one on SC a while back, after bugging the lucky owner to sell it to me for a couple of years, I spotted this beauty one at the right time for funds, in the UK, private sale on Chrono24 - a service I've never used before but was very swift and easy! Ironically I was offered the original SC one les that 24hrs after placing the order!

Very happy though, as this one comes with the added bonus of original warranty papers and instructions, a recent service by Simon Freese and a rare(r) 'TELEMTRE' bezel / crystal!

Absolutely loving it!

Rob

Speedmaster 125 – The First Self-Winding Chronograph Chronometer – From Omega
    Cracking watch and made me come to my senses thanks to your purchase.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

First try...

Then...

And now the OEM rubber, which I think is my favourite.

OEM rubber looks superb on the U50.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Thank you! And despite for years reading tales of woe on here and elsewhere about the conduct of ADs, credit must go to Hamilton & Inches. I know this is not a 'hot' piece (especially in 36mm although I was offered and tried on 41mm too), but originated with email enquiry, got the watch in, were lovely to deal with, no snootiness, paid, watch sized and fitted, with a cup of tea and a chat, and off. A really great experience, treated well and I hope any future Rolex or other purchases go the same! A very happy chappy :)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Congratulations on a lovely watch, and I agree Hamilton & Inches are great people. Is the new refurbished store open now then? I must go have a neb

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    First try...

Then...

Stunning Tony. I’ve tried numerous strap variations with this and similar Sinns over the years, OEM rubber wins hands down in my opinion.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Close to perfection for a daily fuss-free watch

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by lex524 View Post
    Nice! 36 or 41?
    What a stunner!!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    New incoming for me. In love with it
    Absolutely beautiful!!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    OEM rubber looks superb on the U50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Stunning Tony. I’ve tried numerous strap variations with this and similar Sinns over the years, OEM rubber wins hands down in my opinion.

Enjoy!

I do actually have the bracelet too
    Last edited by learningtofly; 28th April 2021 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

That does look rather good, Tony. I think I might have to order the OEM rubber for mine...

Had this arrive earlier today, great watch for outdoor stuff, camping etc. really like the green

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    That does look rather good, Tony. I think I might have to order the OEM rubber for mine...
    I would, John

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Congratulations on a lovely watch, and I agree Hamilton & Inches are great people. Is the new refurbished store open now then? I must go have a neb
    Thank you!

Yes the refurbed Rolex room is now open. Sadly they have had to remove the bar - but other than that if looks good!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I've had one of these on my radar for a while now...when I found one with 20% off (£395 to £316) I decided to go for it...swapped the OEM olive NATO for this silver grey but to be honest there are a load of options this watch could easily carry off..

I have just added a watch I had never dreamed of owning, but in my epiphany moment I saw Chinnocks For Sale post and threw caution to the wind and dived in. I have bought Jasons lovely Rolex DSSD 116660. I am chuffed to bits.

Craftsman
    Just had a call from my AD and couldn’t resist.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    I have just added a watch I had never dreamed of owning, but in my epiphany moment I saw Chinnocks For Sale post and threw caution to the wind and dived in. I have bought Jasons lovely Rolex DSSD 116660. I am chuffed to bits.

Lovely and with a Mk1 dial. I've had mine for 11 years and still have a soft spot for it. Enjoy the pleasure of owning an engineering marvel!

Blog Entries
    Well, after a longer than anticipated wait, it finally arrived this morning. I don't think in all my time of waiting for a watch, I've ever been so excited and, upon opening the box, I was not disappointed.

A Damasko DC86 Orange on the bracelet together with the black and orange Robby strap for when I want a different look.

After adjusting the beautifully engineered bracelet, it's on the wrist.

I felt I had to order one of these when I first watched this video in January. The level of thought that's gone into the effective re-engineering of the movement really grabbed my interest and, the action of the bezel he describes is spot on. SO PLEASED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86r-BZMHETw&t=300s

Very cool, BSB.

I was expecting my Snoopy to arrive today but was in the garden when the knock happened.

Waiting on a redelivery confirmation…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Very cool, BSB.

I was expecting my Snoopy to arrive today but was in the garden when the knock happened.

Waiting on a redelivery confirmation…
    That is so aggravating when that happens. I swear the delivery men wait outside for you to move out of earshot before sticking the slip through the door.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    A Damasko DC86 Orange on the bracelet together with the black and orange Robby strap for when I want a different look.
    Lovely to see one of these on the forum - long live the central minutes chronograph hand!

Master
    Watch passport? All I got was a booklet about the bracelet (non-bracelet watch) with a bit of Neil's writing in the back.

Well, after a longer than anticipated wait, it finally arrived this morning. I don't think in all my time of waiting for a watch, I've ever been so excited and, upon opening the box, I was not disappointed.
    After adjusting the beautifully engineered bracelet, it's on the wrist.
    I really like your choice of model - the orange chrono hands / white dial and time makes this watch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Watch passport? All I got was a booklet about the bracelet (non-bracelet watch) with a bit of Neil's writing in the back.
    Do you know, in my excitement, I'd neglected to notice that this morning. I'd looked at it to see how to adjust the bracelet (really easy and so well engineered) as it appears to act mainly as a manual but, you're right. In the front it has written my name as the buyer and the watch model and serial number and date of purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I really like your choice of model - the orange chrono hands / white dial and time makes this watch
    Absolutely chuffed to bits with it, thank you.

Master
    Quite a special one this one, wanted one for years and it’s the last one the AD will ever receive

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Many congratulations.
    The 5146 is one of my favourites from Patek Philippe.
    I too had the same configuration.
    Wear it in the best of health.

CW Sealander....

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    CW Sealander....

That was quick! First impressions?

Initial thoughts are that it's stunning! I had three concerns about this watch; the 39mm case size, the legibility of the hands against the white dial and the orange-ness of the orange. None of these concerns were justified as the orange is no more than a slight accent of orange, the hands are very legible indeed and it feels more like a 40/41mm on the wrist!

The crown action is lovely, as is the decorated rotor that's visibly through the clear casebook. The mix of polished and satin edges is perfect. It's also nice to not have to think about whether the chapter ring and bezel pip line up on a watch.

I would have liked the bracelet version but plumbed for the hybrid black strap as it kept the price to £495 and I can always add the bracelet later if I feel the need.

The presentation box and packaging is fantastic and a really nice touch is the hand written and personalised guarantee card.

I feel this is a brand that just knows how to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    That was quick! First impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    CW Sealander....

Looks great! Talked myself out of one due to the small size but if you are saying they wear larger.......Comparable quality wise to the Super Compressor?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Absolutely! The quality is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    Looks great! Talked myself out of one due to the small size but if you are saying they wear larger.......Comparable quality wise to the Super Compressor?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    Many congratulations.
    The 5146 is one of my favourites from Patek Philippe.
    I too had the same configuration.
    Wear it in the best of health.
    Thank you, it really is a nice piece

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Quite a special one this one, wanted one for years and it’s the last one the AD will ever receive
    Mad that they should discontinue something so nice.

Journeyman

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Finally, the stars aligned for me (apologies for poor quality picture).
    Last edited by slever; 1st May 2021 at 19:28.

Such a beautiful watch, congrats for getting one so quickly. I’m looking forward to trying the white gold version on in the coming weeks although I think I may find it a bit small.

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Such a beautiful watch, congrats for getting one so quickly. I’m looking forward to trying the white gold version on in the coming weeks although I think I may find it a bit small.
    Looks huge.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Looks huge.
    Keen to rain on someone’s parade, Ally.

Can't help himself.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Keen to rain on someone’s parade, Ally.

I had one of these too. Seeing wrist shots always make me nostalgic.
    Enjoy

Beautiful. Enjoy that

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

very special indeed! congrats

Journeyman

It’s quite big, it’s the maximum I can go to and my eyesight isn’t great so needs to be easy to read, the other references were too small. It doesn’t sit right yet because the strap hasn’t softened up to fit the curve of my wrist; a bit of warmth and sweat will work wonders.
    Last edited by slever; 2nd May 2021 at 00:11.

Quote Originally Posted by slever View Post
    It’s quite big, it’s the maximum I can go to and my eyesight isn’t great so has to be easy to read, the other referenced were too small. It doesn’t sit right yet because the strap hasn’t softened up to fit the curve of my wrist; a bit of warmth and sweat will work wonders.
    Aren’t they only 39mm? I thought it was just the way you had taken the picture that made it look so big?

Anyways, congrats. Must be quite special picking up a Patek.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Aren’t they only 39mm? I thought it was just the way you had taken the picture that made it look so big?

Anyways, congrats. Must be quite special picking up a Patek.
    39mm and from a different angle this time.
    Last edited by slever; 1st May 2021 at 23:25.