closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 332 of 342 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334 ... LastLast
Results 16,551 to 16,600 of 17071

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

  1. #16551
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Lovely!!! Is it as good as you hoped?

  2. #16552
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,804
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Lovely!!! Is it as good as you hoped?
    I love it. Very high quality. It is honeymoon time and I'm prone to hyperbole so I'll update later but so far so wonderfully good

  3. #16553
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I love it. Very high quality. It is honeymoon time and I'm prone to hyperbole so I'll update later but so far so wonderfully good
    Good to hear. I've yet to try one (no local Zenith dealers near me) so keen to get your practical thoughts.

  4. #16554
    Master gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Very nice, and very reminiscent of my de luca.

  5. #16555
    Grand Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    11,327
    New bit of blue arrived this morning Ö





    I'd forgotten what a PITA Seiko collar and pin fitments are if you don't know how to do them. Then I remembered the 'knack'

  6. #16556
    Master BSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,062
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post


    I'd forgotten what a PITA Seiko collar and pin fitments are if you don't know how to do them. Then I remembered the 'knack'
    Is the 'knack' placing the collar in the middle of the link? Had problems with a Seiko bracelet myself today and ended up giving in and taking it to a local dealer.

  7. #16557
    Master blackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Up north wit cowd weather
    Posts
    4,140
    I'm well chuffed with this. It's the dogs knackers

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

  8. #16558
    Grand Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    11,327

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Is the 'knack' placing the collar in the middle of the link? Had problems with a Seiko bracelet myself today and ended up giving in and taking it to a local dealer.
    No, that's far too easy.

    This one is with a collar at both ends. Hopefully one collar should be firmly attached to one end of the pin already, then place the second collar in an outside hole, join the links and push the pin through so you have a collar at each end of the link.

    The bit I forgot, or the 'knack', was to then use pin pushers at both ends at the same time and push them together to seal the deal.

    I was farting about with the bracelet holder and the hammer, thinking I had to tap one end in, but of course it kept sliding out.

    The ones in the middle are fairly straightforward once you get the collar in the hole. Collar in the hole, join the links, slide in the pin, then tap into place.

  9. #16559
    Master BSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,062
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    No, that's far too easy.

    This one is with a collar at both ends. Hopefully one collar should be firmly attached to one end of the pin already, then place the second collar in an outside hole, join the links and push the pin through so you have a collar at each end of the link.

    The bit I forgot, or the 'knack', was to then use pin pushers at both ends at the same time and push them together to seal the deal.

    I was farting about with the bracelet holder and the hammer, thinking I had to tap one end in, but of course it kept sliding out.

    The ones in the middle are fairly straightforward once you get the collar in the hole. Collar in the hole, join the links, slide in the pin, then tap into place.
    Wow. Sounds like you had it harder than I did.

  10. #16560
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    12,620
    Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    I'm well chuffed with this. It's the dogs knackers

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Lovely that

  11. #16561
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N.ireland
    Posts
    4,510
    My new Seiko 6218-8971


  12. #16562
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,243
    Picked up the DJ41 also, Iíve gone through a lot of watches, havenít felt so excited about one for a long time as I have with this. Iím glad to have rejected the rhodium dial last year and waited for the blue, the one I really want


  13. #16563
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    3,446
    I recently sold my 99.4 to buy the 99.3 on SC that had been tempting me for a long while. The .3 was always my dream Dornbluth. It arrived today and will soon be off to have the classic white dial with blued numerals & hands fitted.

    99.3 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

    99.3 rear by Simon Gee, on Flickr
    Last edited by mondie; 8th June 2022 at 14:36.

  14. #16564

    Latest incoming, purchased recently from Doug86, a top man. Itís been on the wrist ever since. I have seen people online critically calling it sterile, I think thatís what appeals to me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #16565

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Thanks guys. Not had a chance to take a pic really till now. Excuse the stickers they left on the end links (bizarrely)


    Congratulations, the dial looks really great. Enjoy.

    Should be getting mine at some point, but with the fluted white gold bezel.

  16. #16566
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,804
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Good to hear. I've yet to try one (no local Zenith dealers near me) so keen to get your practical thoughts.
    So a full day with it and my initial positive thoughts are reinforced. It feels really high quality - there is a lot of depth to the dial. Bracelet is reminiscent of another Swiss brand, can't quite put my name on it

    Actually the bracelet itself is better finished than the other brand as there are a few more facets however the clasp is not close to being as good. But that aside everything else is wonderful. The 10 second counter is surprisingly effective - it is very easy to time tenths of seconds however I will say that having that sweep once around the dial every 10 seconds does evoke feelings of mild panic in me! Overall a wonderful watch though - very pleased with it and given the price point I was intending to go on a bit of a purchasing hiatus until Grand Seiko messed that plan up with the SBGP017!

  17. #16567
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    12,620
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Picked up the DJ41 also, Iíve gone through a lot of watches, havenít felt so excited about one for a long time as I have with this. Iím glad to have rejected the rhodium dial last year and waited for the blue, the one I really want

    Looks mint that

  18. #16568
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    1,375
    I went on the list for this the day it was announced at my local AD. So itís been just over a 4 year wait but they did come through.
    Have to say it is pretty good !!

  19. #16569
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post

    Latest incoming, purchased recently from Doug86, a top man. Itís been on the wrist ever since. I have seen people online critically calling it sterile, I think thatís what appeals to me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy, and I hope you have many happy years with it.

    I've managed to scratch the blue dial itch now, I'll post a picture tomorrow.

  20. #16570
    Master j111dja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    6,101
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I recently sold my 99.4 to buy the 99.3 on SC that had been tempting me for a long while. The .3 was always my dream Dornbluth. It arrived today and will soon be off to have the classic white dial with blued numerals & hands fitted.

    99.3 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

    99.3 rear by Simon Gee, on Flickr
    A good decision regarding the dial and hands. The white dial and blued hands is the perfect combination. I love the brand and have done for years.

  21. #16571
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    5,804
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    So a full day with it and my initial positive thoughts are reinforced. It feels really high quality - there is a lot of depth to the dial. Bracelet is reminiscent of another Swiss brand, can't quite put my name on it

    That looks outstanding I have to say.

  22. #16572
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    3,446
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    A good decision regarding the dial and hands. The white dial and blued hands is the perfect combination. I love the brand and have done for years.
    The white dial with its blued numerals looks stunning in its storage case, I cannot wait to see it on the watch. Besides, the black dial with silver hands is the most illegible dial I have ever seen!

  23. #16573
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    New bit of blue arrived this morning
    That looks good. Hardlex or sapphire?

  24. #16574
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    So a full day with it and my initial positive thoughts are reinforced. It feels really high quality - there is a lot of depth to the dial. Bracelet is reminiscent of another Swiss brand, can't quite put my name on it

    Actually the bracelet itself is better finished than the other brand as there are a few more facets however the clasp is not close to being as good. But that aside everything else is wonderful. The 10 second counter is surprisingly effective - it is very easy to time tenths of seconds however I will say that having that sweep once around the dial every 10 seconds does evoke feelings of mild panic in me! Overall a wonderful watch though - very pleased with it and given the price point I was intending to go on a bit of a purchasing hiatus until Grand Seiko messed that plan up with...
    Many thanks for the update. Glad you are enjoying it. These panda variants look amazing imo.

  25. #16575
    Classic AirKing 14000M.


  26. #16576
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,694
    Happy as a pig in the proverbial with this!


  27. #16577
    This landed today. Looks great.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #16578

    The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

    Just placed a pre-order for one of these. A French micro brand but not a brand I had heard of before but really like this design and colour scheme so why not!



    https://www.serica-watches.com/en/pr...idnight-blue/#
    Last edited by paw3001; 12th June 2022 at 19:53.

  29. #16579
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    So a full day with it and my initial positive thoughts are reinforced. It feels really high quality - there is a lot of depth to the dial. Bracelet is reminiscent of another Swiss brand, can't quite put my name on it

    Actually the bracelet itself is better finished than the other brand as there are a few more facets however the clasp is not close to being as good. But that aside everything else is wonderful. The 10 second counter is surprisingly effective - it is very easy to time tenths of seconds however I will say that having that sweep once around the dial every 10 seconds does evoke feelings of mild panic in me! Overall a wonderful watch though - very pleased with it and given the price point I was intending to go on a bit of a purchasing hiatus until Grand Seiko messed that plan up with the SBGP017!
    Thatís absolutely stunning. I really like that, enjoy.

    I almost bought the standard dial version (with blue/grey/silver subdials) but bought the new IWC pilot chrono 41mm with blue dial instead (last year).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #16580
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Just placed a pre-order for one of these. A French micro brand but not a be I had heard of before but really like this design and colour scheme so why not!



    https://www.serica-watches.com/en/pr...idnight-blue/#
    Looking good, and the double-feature bezel is a winner!
    Let us know your impressions about the movement when you get the watch, not seen often.

  31. #16581
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    75
    My first Sinn arrived today. An aquamarine 556. Initial impression is
    that I like it a lot!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #16582
    Master Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,217
    Just arrived Bremont Hawking. Sensible 41mm size, cool complications, lovely symmetrical dial. I'm impressed.

  33. #16583
    Master 50kopek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    My new Seiko 6218-8971

    Very nice. I do like it when day and date are separated and have their own window.

  34. #16584
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somerset (U.k )
    Posts
    11,745
    Blog Entries
    1
    What year is that Dr.f ?

    I have a very similar model from 64, the dials are something else arenít they.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    My new Seiko 6218-8971

    Cheers,

    Ben



    ..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers


    " an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

  35. #16585
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N.ireland
    Posts
    4,510
    Itís also Ď64 and yes ,dial is something else.

  36. #16586
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somerset (U.k )
    Posts
    11,745
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thatís interesting, mine is a 6206 (lower jewel count) and is only branded Seikomatic with no Seiko on the dial.

    I thought there may have been a difference in the year of production.

    Cheers,

    Ben



    ..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers


    " an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

  37. #16587
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,172


    Finally managed to find a GSOTM.

  38. #16588
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post


    Finally managed to find a GSOTM.
    What a beauty!

  39. #16589
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    What a beauty!
    Thank you! I've been looking for the right one for a while and a member on here (Highroller1) came up trumps yesterday.

  40. #16590
    Master M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,282
    New end-links for this one.


  41. #16591
    Craftsman r.dawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    985
    New to me today

  42. #16592
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    New end-links for this one.
    Absolutely loving the strap/links/watch combo.

    Is that a Nick Mankey strap?

  43. #16593
    Master M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Absolutely loving the strap/links/watch combo.

    Is that a Nick Mankey strap?
    Thanks. Yes it's a Nick Mankey, one of their hook straps. Very comfortable, I'd happily recommend them.

  44. #16594
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,101
    Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    New to me today
    Year?

  45. #16595
    Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    New to me today
    Looks good.

    As above, what year?

    Olivier on here knows a guy who's a wizard at reluming if you want/need to get the hands sorted.

  46. #16596
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Utrecht, Nederland
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Just arrived Bremont Hawking. Sensible 41mm size, cool complications, lovely symmetrical dial. I'm impressed.
    What does the backside tell? I canít make any of it.

  47. #16597
    Master numberjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,482
    Blog Entries
    1
    Keep getting drawn to the Leman range from Blancpain
    This is my third !

  48. #16598
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    New end-links for this one.

    Cracking combo. Shorely belongs on the “perfect strap/watch” thread.

  49. #16599
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    26,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    What does the backside tell? I canít make any of it.
    You are not alone. Very few people understand concepts like Quantum physics, Lorentzian geometries, Unruh effect and Schwarzschild black hole but if you're one of them (I am not) then T is the temperature from the blackbody radiation
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  50. #16600
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Happy as a pig in the proverbial with this!

    Tried one of these on bracelet last week, was very impressed. Was also a good price at 4.6K Ä

    Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information