closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pair of Precistas

Pair of Precistas

Been hunting the '82 and '84 Precista field watches for some time now, and lo and behold I landed an example of each within the same week. It never rains but it pours!

The '82 could probably use a new crystal, as it's quite scratched and has been polished almost clean through in spots. It looks better in these photos than in real life. The '84 is in very nice condition though.

Quite a difference between the two cases:

I know these aren't all that rare, but it's neat to have them both in the collection.

- Matt

Very nice!

2 is better than 1 - looks great! I really have come to appreciate these very tool-ish divers with their razor sharp edges.

/L

Quote Originally Posted by longbear View Post
    2 is better than 1 - looks great! I really have come to appreciate these very tool-ish divers with their razor sharp edges.

/L
    I certainly wouldn't recommend going diving with these - not a divers watch, slightly more waterproof than a digestive biscuit.

Indeed, they are rugged but not significantly water-resistant. I'm happy to wear my G10s to the gym, but not the pool!

To longbear - You are right that these are very charming little tool watches. They're quite unobtrusive and comfortable on the wrist, and I appreciate the understated looks and clarity of their dial design. G10s in general are also amongst the most affordable military watches, with just enough year-to-year variation to satisfy the collector-compulsive. The only problem is that once you have one, they tend to multiply and you wind up with a whole family of them as I suddenly seem to have...