closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ronan Keating on watches

Ronan Keating on watches

OK, some may say 'who cares' but in an interview in last week's Sunday Times Ronan Keating (singer, apparently) said:

"I love watches and have far too many. I got my first proper watch, a Rolex, at 17...... and my collection has grown ever since. There were years when I'd spend £150,000 a year on watches"

On his best investment:

"An IWC Portuguese Tourbillon watch. I bought it for £70,000 about six years ago and it's worth £120,000 now"

I feel his pain.

Here's one:

Quote Originally Posted by Chomega View Post

On his best investment:

"An IWC Portuguese Tourbillon watch. I bought it for £70,000 about six years ago and it's worth £120,000 now"

I feel his pain.
    In other words he paid 70k 6 years ago and it now sells for 120k NEW .

Life is a rollercoaster, just gotta ride it...

Master
    You said it! For me enjoyment in watches has very little to do with monetary value, whether it be a £40 from Argos or a £100,000 watch from some boutique.I personally don't buy watches as an investment never have or will, I buy a watch to impress me and know one else, I never aspire to own what some celeb has on their wrist, but hey each to their own.

Grand Master
    I'm no follower of anything the celebs do,but if the guy is interviewed and the question came around to watches,what's the problem!,we have an interest in watches....why not him!.

The mention of him spending 70k on a watch then making a comment on its value now,we'd be as pleased had We bought a Rolex 5513 new and the price now.

He's a celeb,can afford nice watches and etc,some people are jealous and pick away at his words and see it as bragging,I don't see it here tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomega View Post
    ...Ronan Keating (singer, apparently)...
    I love it!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    I'm no follower of anything the celebs do,but if the guy is interviewed and the question came around to watches,what's the problem!,we have an interest in watches....why not him!.

The mention of him spending 70k on a watch then making a comment on its value now,we'd be as pleased had We bought a Rolex 5513 new and the price now.

He's a celeb,can afford nice watches and etc,some people are jealous and pick away at his words and see it as bragging,I don't see it here tbh.
    Agreed.

Craftsman
    Im sure if we all had the cash he had we would do the same!

Master

Fair comment, that's just MY opinion no malice meant and certainly no green eye monster on my my part I can assure you.

some people are jealous and pick away at his words and see it as bragging,I don't see it here tbh.
    I'm definitely not criticising, and I, like most of us I assume, would love the opportunity to spend 150k on watches (so yes, I guess that makes me slightly jealous). BTW, other parts of the interview highlighted the 25% of his time that he gives to charity work.

Seems like a decent (and lucky) guy.

Good on him. As a proportion of his income it was maybe less than many of us spend each year. Of course, I'd never admit to it in an article my missus might read!

Good on him I say.

Saw him in sainsburys local earlier, seemed like a nice enough guy, didn't notice his watch though. Did notice his car though, was driving a brand new g wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Good on him I say.
    Sums up my thoughts on this too - in fact, if anything, it shows that he has a little more depth than I was previously aware of.

Ditto, he seems to have quite a few IWC

Craftsman
    Saw him in the car park of a shopping centre in Dublin a few years ago and noticed (as you do!) that he was wearing a Panerai 001. Ronan Keating does a lot of charity work, as his mum died from cancer, as does Keith Duffy another member of Boyzone, whose child is autistic. Good on them I say and I hopes he enjoys his watches!

I must admit I've noticed him wearing a few decent watches in interviews over the years. Why shouldn't he spend his money on watches? It appears to be a genuine interest not a passing fad. Personally if I had his money I'd blow it all on hookers and Lamborghinis but each to his own!

What is this "Ronan Keating" of which you speak?
    F.T.F.A.

Banned
    Ah, but can he tell the time?

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    What is this "Ronan Keating" of which you speak?
    Didn't she present Blue Peter?

Craftsman
    I read the article a week ago. From what I remember I initially didn't like the way he seemed to be focused on how much he spent on watches and what great 'investments' some of them had been. But then I remembered it was one of these what do you spend/invest in articles from the money supplement, and not a watch article!

Craftsman

Cool

Great thread, love some of the comments

Fair play to him. I'm not a fan of his music but there's nothing wrong with spending some of his money on a harmless hobby that brings enjoyment.

Craftsman

Cool

No shame to his game!!! Good on Ronan for doing what most if not all of us would do, enjoy spending his money.