closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Omega 300

New Omega 300

Anyone got one of these? What are they like? Thoughts? I love the look of it but dread to think what the rrp is . Really don't like the two tone model though, it just jars to my eyes
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I read on a US site that RRP was about $6500

I love the vintage vibe but then noticed it had polished centre links - is this is a mistake by Omega???? Its kind of a weird mix

It looks pretty damn nice on a NATO, but it's an awful lot of money for a watch to dress down...

I tried one on at the Omega new model roadshow earlier this year. It really is very handsome, but I'm sure the price will be think of a number and double it.

That looks quite nice in the flesh, particularly in the second picture where the faux lume ageing isn't as noticeable.

Master
    I preordered one but am most likely going to cancel. It's nice, but I prefer the planet ocean. The 300 is inbetween dressy and sports. It's more comparable to a Longines Legends Diver IMO and I'd go for the Longines.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    I preordered one but am most likely going to cancel. It's nice, but I prefer the planet ocean. The 300 is inbetween dressy and sports. It's more comparable to a Longines Legends Diver IMO and I'd go for the Longines.
    Did they tell you any indication of what they will be selling for ££??

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    It's nice, but I think I agree and the LLD is a bit of a bargain.

M.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Did they tell you any indication of what they will be selling for ££??
    I think I read somewhere a while back that they'll be around PO money for the SS version.

They're in the latest catalogue so any AD will be able to tell you. Circa £5-6k if memory serves me right. They arrive in Bangkok in January (I asked)!

Dave,
    You'll just need the G Shock on the New Years retreat?
    enjoy...
    TT

Master
    Blog Entries
    RRP for the base SS model is around £4200 according to the boutique in Bluewater.

When I saw this thread, I thought Omega had finally released it… I keep looking in the boutiques and the wait continues!

Is it 8500 powered?

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Is it 8500 powered?
    It's the 8400 "master coaxial".
    Last edited by seikokiller; 4th November 2014 at 18:14.

Craftsman

I love the vintage vibe but then noticed it had polished centre links - is this is a mistake by Omega???? Its kind of a weird mix
    Just substitute the dollar sign with a pound sign and that'll be roughly the price.

these are overdue at ADs by now arn't they?

I suppose you could view it as a mistake in the sense that on the original Seamaster 300, the bracelet had polished outer links.

The Platinum version is very nice :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Nice watch . . . But what's the intended appeal over the PO?

The bezel and bracelet don't quite fit with the rest of the watch I suppose it may look better in the metal

This one looks better IMO...

Picture © omegaforums.net

I really dislike the font used on the bezel of the new version.

Craftsman
    I really like this watch... Like the vintage look lume and the bezel.
    Not seen it in the flesh but what size is that in the picture? Does it come in different sizes?

I was on Bond street last week and the Omega shop (boutique) had some of them in the window. Not sure exactly which variety though as I didn't pay too much attention.

Craftsman
    For anyone in the Manchester/North West area who wants to view the new SM300 the OB in the Trafford Centre now has two models in stock, one in stainless steel and one in steel/gold. The assistant stated the MRRP for SS is £4170. FYI the titanium version retails at £5690.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS
    FYI the titanium version retails at £5690.
    That's the version I'd go for if the bracelet wasn't a pile of vintage inspired shite.

Banned
    Beautiful dial, case but the bracelet is a big faux pass

Journeyman
    Too much money.

Craftsman
    I like the original better but I still think its a great watch. I don't think it's overpriced. The specs are very impressive.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    That's the version I'd go for if the bracelet wasn't a pile of vintage inspired shite.
    Well, the whole watch is vintage inspired; a dull modern Oyster-U-like bracelet just wouldn't go with it. I know polished links go down as well round here as herpes, but the same sort of bracelet is used for various vintage inspired new Speedmasters, so that's the route they're going down to differentiate it from the contemporary models. But I wonder what it would look like on mesh...
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    I'm not keen of it. I liked the press release pictures but the wrist shots on page 1 do nothing for me. I don't think I like faux patina

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Well, the whole watch is vintage inspired; a dull modern Oyster-U-like bracelet just wouldn't go with it. I know polished links go down as well round here as herpes, but the same sort of bracelet is used for various vintage inspired new Speedmasters, so that's the route they're going down to differentiate it from the contemporary models. But I wonder what it would look like on mesh...
    I don't mind the polished parts, it's the fact that it looks like it cost 50p to make out of folded cheap steel. To my eyes it looks like the bracelets you get on a £15 Casio. Truly awful.

Quote Originally Posted by robertb View Post
    Nice watch . . . But what's the intended appeal over the PO?
    It's a lot thinner than the 8500 PO. Other than that it loses a date and costs a lot more :(
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    It's a lot thinner than the 8500 PO. Other than that it loses a date and costs a lot more :(
    I was going to say... Its not 18mm thick ;). The fake lume is a bit old hat now that everyone's done it, but the lack of date doesnt bother Speedyproites and a typical buyer is likely to wear this in rotation with several others. Also being basically a Veblen good now, the higher price actually makes it *more* attractive.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Can get this (SS version) for £2,876 in Bangkok by the way (including Vat refund)

Master
    When originally launched I liked this a lot but the pricing is just too high to me. I think it will have limited appeal at this price level. I know it's been said before but Omega seem to be nudging up prices at a rapid rate.

nice but agree with the comment over the bezel font

Oh dear, I really wanted to be impressed by this one but I think the PO looks way better. The PO 2500 is a classic, this new 300 is trying to be a classic.
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 22nd November 2014 at 23:17.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Some mesh pics here:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/forum.p...topics/1182298

I saw these in Geneva airport yesterday and it is certainly a handsome watch in it's own right (4,850 CHF for the SS version btw).

However, authenticity is everything in this business and the fake aged lume suggests to me that this watch is trying to be something that it isn't. I'd much rather invest that kind of cash in a well preserved example of the genuine original.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    A lot thinner? I seem to recall it was around 15mm while the newer POs are more like 16.5mm. Both thicker than a 16600 SD.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam100 View Post
    The 21mm lugs look like shit with that 20mm mesh.

Apprentice
    Omega Glasgow said they'd brush the centre links upon request. I was looking at this seriously as I'm drawn to the classic style. Ended up with an explorer. Glasgow got some in at end of sept beginning of oct because I got a call to go try it on. Never managed though.

Spotted in shop window today. It does look nice. Very nice. Photo does not do it justice

Master
    I tried on all three today. The biggest surprises were the end link fit (terrible), and the length of the lug (loooong). The ultra long lugs plus the fairly long end links made for a normal sized watch that wears like a large watch - not a very nice design and unwearable on my 6.5 inch wrist.

Craftsman
    That's nice, but I'd have a Planet Ocean or save for a Sea Dweller.

Master
    The new SD would be my choice as well.

Master
    If I wasn't just a poor old pensioner and was sitting on just a tad over £4000, I don't think I could bring myself to spend it on that watch. Dare I say that is almost looks like a bad replica! It isn't ringing any bells with me....... only a warning bell saying "How much?"
    Last edited by UKMike; 9th November 2014 at 05:55.

Grand Master

I agree,but an easy fix if you wanted the brushed look.Looked at these in Leeds yesterday and very nice too.
    Also looked at the Tudor watches in the Rolex shop,we have some watches to drool over in Leeds now.

Won't ever buy new mind you ,but always good to have an up close feel etc.