closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you drink?

How much do you drink?

Ok
    I was out last night and consumed three pints of Amstel, two fosters and a vodka and lemonade.

This is not my normal swallow as usually drive, so though not hungover I know I'm dehydrated.

I don't touch booze in the week, but was wondering what your average Saturday night pub hop accumulated.

I'm interested in the thoughts of binge drinking over steady drinking etc too.

Prices seem to vary too I noted last night so North Siuth divide prices?

Craftsman
    I drink very little at home, a 6 pack of beer could last me months. If I go to the pub I have to drink alcohol (unless driving), but I've been doing that less and less now and as a result I'm a cheep date (4 pints max).

Banned
    A bottle of rose every other night about norm for me.

Called for a pint after walking the dog yesterday evening, they'd just put Guinness on draft, had two pints as it would have been poor manners not too,

I guess those that regularly post late at night, who's tempers get out of hand might conceivably be in cups.

I try and limit myself to no more than a couple of beers and a half bottle of vino mostly. Booze is still very cheap here, a very drinkable bottle of wine from the supermarket can be had for around 2-3 euros and inexpensive cans of Spanish lager are a ridiculous 25-30 cents.

Probably above the recommended daily allowance I realise but I run,swim, cycle, train almost daily to counterbalance it somewhat and I like a drink.

Binge drinking happily is mostly behind me these days, to be honest the black outs were becoming a feature rather than the exception, time to slow down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Ok
    I was out last night and consumed three pints of Amstel, two fosters and a vodka and lemonade.

This is not my normal swallow as usually drive, so though not hungover I know I'm dehydrated.

I don't touch booze in the week, but was wondering what your average Saturday night pub hop accumulated.

I'm interested in the thoughts of binge drinking over steady drinking etc too.

Prices seem to vary too I noted last night so North Siuth divide prices?
    That would be enough to give me a hangover although I do go out a couple of times in the week early doors and have a couple of pints! I had 4 the other night and a couple of glasses of red wine when I got in with dinner and had a killer headache all morning! Lightweight....!

Master
    I once had a conversation with a occupational health colleague who told me that I was binge drinker because I would have a bottle of wine over the weekend (didn't drink anything in between). I nearly asked her if it would be more healthy to drink a bottle every day but didn't, I think she would have had a sense of humour failure.
    I still only have a bottle of wine over the weekend as a treat on my diet. Unless I'm on holiday when everything is syn free.

Banned
    Not had a drink since giving up smoking, midnight 30th June 2011.

I used to be a bit of an Oliver Reed, but now that I am older, wiser, and poorer, I go for quality rather than quantity, so it's 5 pints of cask-conditioned beer max per night, at least three nights per week dry (unless on holiday of course).
    Strangely, I do miss the hangovers. There is satisfaction to be had in a well-earned hangover.

Used to drink a fair bit, probably every day, beer and wine. Last couple of years have cut down on my intake, not out of any reason other than not liking to be hungover and wasting the next day.
    We have booze at home but I rarely touch it. When I go out its a couple of pints, if a full session 5 max, no more than twice a month. I feel a lot better for cutting down.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Not had a drink since giving up smoking, midnight 30th June 2011.
    That's some will power, I would miss the social side, unwinding after work and the village pub of course! Oh and the a achchol!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin123 View Post
    Used to drink a fair bit, probably every day, beer and wine. Last couple of years have cut down on my intake, not out of any reason other than not liking to be hungover and wasting the next day.
    We have booze at home but I rarely touch it. When I go out its a couple of pints, if a full session 5 max, no more than twice a month. I feel a lot better for cutting down.
    This is exactly why I posted as it sounds like me.

Master
    I gave up drinking when guzzling came into fashion.

Nothing since June 2009. Prior to that I was a heavy drinker for 30+ years.

Blog Entries
    Nothing from Monday to Thursday, it's the law!!!!

Friday - bottle of vino between me and Mrs P
    Saturday - maybe two
    Sunday - sometimes as Friday to finish the weekend but not always.

Very rarely beer maybe a sneaky bottle if the weather is nice over the weekend.

Night out - four pints would be max.

I had a medical recently and I am classes as a binge drinker sharing three bottle of wine over a weekend.

Pitch

I'm out nearly every Friday & Saturday nights, Northern Soul.
    I usually have around 5 pints but, maybe an age thing, I feel knackered the day after and know I've had a drink.

Master
    Nothing since 2002. Prior to that "enjoyed" a drink or two for 25 years, though in my 20s drank heavily - 60 - 80 pints a week, plus spirits.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by [B]Andrzej[/B]
    Nothing since 2002.
    Geez. Become a muslim.
    Last edited by DeusIrae; 12th October 2014 at 11:10.

I haven't had a drop in years and now I just don't see the point.
    Gray

Very rare I go to the pub on a Saturday these days - most of my mates are scattered around the country and those of them around here, we can have a superior night at one of our houses with a better selection, better food rather than paying to stand in a half-empty pub.

I tend not to drink in the week and then a bit on Saturday but that is it.

I rarely go out and get completely bladdered, but I do like a pint and often have a couple of bottles in the fridge that don't tend to last long

Too much.Well that's what the wife suggests. I am partial to a little red wine.

I've sworn off Scotch for October and last week I had 9 x 275ml bottles of Stella. 11.7 unit of alcohol if my maths are correct, probably the least in a week since I was 18 ;-).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I'm in the "nothing since 2002" camp as well. Didn't used to drink ridiculously but found it depressed me and I couldn't sleep. Forgotten all about it now!

I woke up after a light binge but with hangover in 2001. I decided that was enough. My throat would tighten if I used mouthwash with alcohol in. Have hardly touched a drop since and whilst I miss the flavour of a good ale I really don't miss the after effects. When out I was usually driving so couldn't drink anyway.

Master
    Hardly drinking alcohol these days. I have had my fair share in my teens/early twenties and prefer to stay sober now.

None since 5 December 2012.

I stopped to see if I could - prior to that it was half a bottle at least every night for 12 years at least. I would start again, but Ive lost a stone and a half plus I feel significantly better generally since stopping so Ive stuck without.

There are times when I think Id like a drink but TBH the required willpower is much less now than it was. And Im saving £1500+ a year. Mrs B's still knocking it back 'though.

Nothing since early 90s

Master
    I go through phases.... Typically a bottle of red lasts me a week. Sometimes I'll indulge in the odd Hendersons and Tonic. I just can't cope with head aches/hangovers any more. I think what I'm going to feel like at 6:30 the next morning and that's enough to put me off. Too old now for going through that feeling crap all the next day experience.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusIrae View Post
    Geez. Become a muslim.
    In our triathlon club quite a lot of the members do not drink. Even the ones that only compete as age groupers found it interfered with their training, so just gave up. Whilst not relevant to the topic, there are also a lot of vegetarians in the club.

Master
    Like a f@&£ing fish. Super functioning alcoholic signing in.

Never go to the pub really...

Usually have a glass or 2 with dinner, my mrs might only have the one - a bottle of wine lasts us usually 3 days.

I always have beer in the fridge (330ml) and usually have one in the evening

If there's a decent film on and I stay up a bit I might have a glass of cognac

I very, very seldom would find myself drunk, but equally there's only a handful of days in a year where I don't drink anything at all.

FWIW... Last time I had a medical I was told that I was just about inside my weekly unit allowance, and that it was better that I drank about the same each day rather than saved it up for weekends

Blog Entries
    Too much..beer only on average 3-4 cans a night :(

Master
    There was a time when a 40 pint week would be me taking it easy, I had a problem it costs me in terms of money, friends, relationships and jobs.
    I then sought help and went 6 months without drinking. I can now take it or leave it, because I know what can happen and have no wish to return to what I was.
    I now never drink at home, I have a bottle of JD sat in the cupboard next to a bottle of Grey Goose both unopened gifts, if I was to open either then I know i'd sit an polish the bottle off, so they must stay unopened it's a challenge.
    I went to a wedding last weekend and had 6 pints which is more alcohol than I've had in the last 6 months combined.
    I drink soft drinks or have taken a liking to alcohol free Kopparberg cider.

I used to love a few Stella's washed down with a scotch or three until a regular health check showed up a borderline fatty liver.

The Doc said it may be nothing to do with the booze but I swore of it anyway a couple of years back.

I did love a nice drink as well.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I've had type 1 diabetes for over 50 years. I'm now 51.

Consequently I've always been careful on the pop. Now that I'm on an insulin pump, which needs real attention to detail, I hardly drink at all. I do like the occasional glass or wine or two with a meal but that's pretty much it.

Occasionally 1 pint, no more really. I just don't need it or like more than that.

Never been a big drinker, but enjoy my pint of real ale every week socially. Don't do any spirits either.

Rod

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    In our triathlon club quite a lot of the members do not drink. Even the ones that only compete as age groupers found it interfered with their training, so just gave up. Whilst not relevant to the topic, there are also a lot of vegetarians in the club.
    My reason exactly. Boozing interferes with my training. In winter its not too bad and I can handle a couple of bottles of beer during the week. In the summer (March to September) when competing sometimes every weekend, alcohol is pretty much out of the question

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think I come under the binge drinker category.
    Can go for months without drinking anything more than a sedate g&t and then go out with friends or work and end up absolutely sh*tfaced on jäger bombs.

Back in the day used to be a dozen beers and a dozen voddies every Friday night with the boys, rolling in at dawn. Total binge madness, but good times

Nowadays being all married and sensible, it's virtually nil. Don't drink at home so only happens when on holiday or maybe four times a year at social events. They usually end in tears LOL, and certainly feel it the day after now!

Journeyman
    Way to much for me and the misses. The normal for us has been probably about a bottle of wine between us every day or two, but on the odd occasion, as much as a bottle each of an evening.

We're not drinking at all for October, and so far it's going well. We're hoping to keep up at least a heavily reduced intake after October, although I'm tempted to stop entirely. I admire the will of those of you who have stopped completely for a long period of time.

Craftsman
    Three to five pints of beer a year, not all at once. Used to drink, sort of gone off it so it's not a judgement on drinking.

The only spirit I like is Rum and I have not had that in years.

Master
    I never drink at home and go to the pub maybe once a month when I'll have 3-4 pints. Probably four times per year I'll head in to town and drink 6-7 pints over eight hours. Then four days away snowboarding each Feb which relatively is a bit of a binge for me.

Virtually teetotal. My body is a shrine. Granted, not a very good shrine, more like a collection of old rubble overgrown with weeds that might once have had some kind of religious significance, but has long since become a bit of an eyesore.

i just sort of went off drinking when I was no longer a student.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I think I come under the binge drinker category.
    Can go for months without drinking anything more than a sedate g&t and then go out with friends or work and end up absolutely sh*tfaced on jäger bombs.
    Im exactly the same but i can strangely drink alot? (Not boasting) Im only 5ft10" and about 12st so the old addage about body mass dictating how much you can handle should have me as not being able to drink alot? I enjoy the journey to getting sh*t faced though :)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Virtually teetotal. My body is a shrine. Granted, not a very good shrine, more like a collection of old rubble overgrown with weeds that might once have had some kind of religious significance, but has long since become a bit of an eyesore.

i just sort of went off drinking when I was no longer a student.
    My body is also a shrine. To Dionysus.

1-2 pints every couple of weeks now at most,
    I found that having the shakes after a heavy night was not helpful when you are in the back of a customers watch with a screwdriver the next day

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post
    I drink very little at home, a 6 pack of beer could last me months. If I go to the pub I have to drink alcohol (unless driving), but I've been doing that less and less now and as a result I'm a cheep date (4 pints max).
    This is me (thought I'd be in a very small minority) and as a result my alcohol tolerance is ridiculously low now.

Blog Entries
    In a week I'll probably have:

2 bottles of red wine
    5 cans of lager
    3 large whiskys

Don't know what that makes me.

Greg.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    In a week I'll probably have:

2 bottles of red wine
    5 cans of lager