closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A rather special incoming from a proper watch shop (Stewart's of leicester)

Blog Entries

A rather special incoming from a proper watch shop (Stewart's of leicester)

Well...

I just got myself this.... (To be revealed!!!)

I was out getting my wife some flowers for her birthday yesterday and as I was on Allandale Road, so, I thought I'd pop into Stewart's... It's a great little shop stocking all sorts of interesting brands (Tuttima, Glycine, Alpina, Junghans and of course Nomos!!!). Rob, the chap who runs the shop is a lovely guy and more than happy to chat watches... I noticed in his pre-owned section that he had some lovely looking Nomos second hand... I'd always fancied one and one in particular and, low and behold, there it sat with a reasonable price attached to it...!!! Now, dropping that kind of money on a watch is a big deal to me, so, we discussed options and I owned something that he was interested in trading with, so, after I returned home we exchanged a couple of emails and agreed a trade deal, with which I was more than happy with... In fact totally delighted with!!!

It just goes to show that not everything has to come through SC / ebay in order to get a good deal!!! I'm also delighted to support a local watch shop run by watch enthusiasts for watch enthusiasts...

I'm down 5 watches now (was 12 at one point and I think I've got my collection about spot on and I don't anticipate too many changes in the near future)

What a watch... I think it's wonderful, but, I think the wife does too, so, it could get used a bit more than I had anticipated!!!

So what did I get...? It's a 41.5mm Nomos Club Datum and I simply love it :-)

A beautiful movement

A wrist shot..!

Ben
    Last edited by Wolfie; 10th October 2014 at 15:26.

Craftsman
    congrats! - love Nomos and thats a great model within their range

Nomos really do make beautiful watches. Congrats.

What other 2nd hand Nomos did he have?

I like that a lot. If I had just a description to go on, then I think I'd imagine the orange not to work at all. I would clearly be wrong, as your pictures show. It's a lovely thing, sporty but still elegant enough to be a dress watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Nomos really do make beautiful watches. Congrats.

What other 2nd hand Nomos did he have?
    I had a quick peek earlier on the website: https://www.stewartswatches.co.uk/Pr...ll=All#results

Lovely watch btw...really like Nomos. Must go along to Stewart's one day, not too far up the road from me.

Blog Entries
    ^^^

Yep... It's the 38mm Orion... Very nice too!

Thanks for the comments chaps, as you've probanly gathered I'm delighted with it!!!
    Last edited by Wolfie; 10th October 2014 at 16:29.

Great watch, very simple but also not boring.

Also thanks for the heads up, I didn't know this place was there! Am in Leicester quit often so will certainly be checking it out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysagood View Post
    Great watch, very simple but also not boring.

Also thanks for the heads up, I didn't know this place was there! Am in Leicester quit often so will certainly be checking it out.
    Well worth a visit... It's so much more intersting then visiting goldsmiths etc, you'll see many watches that you wouldn't see day to day...

It's the right side of a leicester for getting back home to Northampton too

That's a very nice watch. Pity there aren't any actual stores that carry them where I live..

Lovely piece Ben. That is my favourite Nomos.

Great watch, congrats!

Lovely watch and thanks for pointing out a new retailer. I am now umming and ahing about the Fortis Gagarin GMT they have with 30% off. Plus I can get an extra 20% off that right now... tempting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Lovely watch and thanks for pointing out a new retailer. I am now umming and ahing about the Fortis Gagarin GMT they have with 30% off. Plus I can get an extra 20% off that right now... tempting.
    Yes... I saw that one... Very nice too! Might be worth a drive down from Lincs?!!!

Very stylish look indeed. Congrats.

A great find. Thanks for the tip on Stewarts - the in laws live in Loughborough so will be paying a visit to this shop to brighten up the next rather dull trip to Leicestershire.