closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever owned a monster

Craftsman
    Wearing one right now - bought a SRp307 (newer model black face) as a kind of beater. Wasn't sure when i first got it but its grown on me a lot and i really appreciate the amount of watch u get for the money. Its the best time keeper of any watch i've ever owned.

Had both black and orange monster. Black one gets worn most days but just wasn't keen with the Orange one so sold it within a month. Each to their own I suppose.

Master
    I have recently bought a black dial one with red highlights from Creation - I like it!

Journeyman
    Thought about it a few times, but I can't get along with the steel bezel and crown guards. Maybe one day I'll give it a shot.

Master
    second question is: have you ever sold a monster and then brought them again?
    I will start
    sold 3 om 2bm
    at present 1om 1bm
    going to get the blue black monster
    pretty much my own history:

sold 3 om 2bm
    then the missus got upset and told me she liked the orange one

so had to get an orange one and of course if you have an orange one you should have a black one

so:
    at present 1om and 1bm
    bm currently on my wrist and has been in rotation for a couple of weeks.

Craftsman
    I had one, had to see what the fuss was about, but I didn't get on with it at all and after wearig it around the house a couple of times it got flipped. I have no plans to buy another one.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    I was swayed by the newest version - far better movement, a very nicely made watch at the price and lots to look at. Actually a very good bit of kit!

I own the same watch, but with 'mov't Japan' on the dial. To answer the OP I've never sold one, but I think I'm going to sell this one as I'm tiring of the sporty looks and prefer the markers of the older models.
    Last edited by Vost; 11th October 2014 at 10:32.

Until I joined a forum I thought a Monster was just something that haunted children's dreams but members kept writing about Monster this and Monster that so I had a look and BAM! I was smitten by them.

I bought this one on here ages ago and as much as I like it, it rarely gets worn, if I'm honest.

Might get it out tomorrow. My 5 yo son is a fan.

Craftsman
    I bought two on this very forum and used the as holiday watches. One black and one orange and was really impressed with them. Are they really marmite watches?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow986 View Post
    I bought two on this very forum and used the as holiday watches. One black and one orange and was really impressed with them. Are they really marmite watches?
    Good point Willow. The comments thus far seem to support the marmite watch comment. I am quite surprised at all of the negative comments about monsters. And I can understand that having got shot of a few myself.Many have commented on how ugly they look.and its hard to disagree with that. I do feel though that its ugliness is part of its appeal. It would take a large stretch of the mind to say its a beautiful looking watch. I have worn them on many straps, bracelets ect. I think they imho look best, for me anyway is on one of eddies large Rhinos. (Imho Eddies rhinos are the bvfm strap of its kind, also the best quality and most comfortable. )

Bought a first gen OM, wore it on and off for 3 years then sold it for a 2nd gen OM, but that one was sold again...

Arrived here many moons ago and thought life revolved around the likes of Rolex, Breitling and Omega. Having had my eyes opened to the real world, the first watch I buy off SC is an Orange Monster.

The OM is, IMHO, the best holiday watch bar none....or at least mine is to me.

Andrew

Master
    BM purchased last year, OM just ordered this weekend.

I love them, in their own fugly way.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloobird View Post
    I bought this one on here ages ago and as much as I like it, it rarely gets worn, if I'm honest.

Might get it out tomorrow. My 5 yo son is a fan.

please could you tell me where you got the spy and cutlass mod.

It's from Yobokies AFAIK. It was already modded when I got it.

Blog Entries

Had this for a while.

I think the monster is a much better watch than the SKX IMHO and I have both,

Had both years ago. Tuned me in to how cool Seiko's are and what a great watch they make...

Craftsman
    Two for me too, had them as 'holiday watches' and thought that they were superb. I started a thread about how I was so impressed with them for the price