closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag prices

Tag prices

I was in the tag shop yesterday at York retail outlet,I'm not really a massive tag fan but I thought I'd have a look,the discounts on offer were massive,watches that retail for 3500 could be had for 2200.There was a rose gold ,I think it was a calibre s,it retailed at 16k,on offer at 8k.It surely must devalue the brand,and second hand prices for people who have bought from high street retailers and not received much discount.For the tag lovers though it's worth a visit

Master
    They also sell Tags at Cheshire Oaks outlet at massive discounts new. Once a desirable brand, I feel that Tag has not much to offer these days. Seems like they are struggling to turn over their stock. I remember Tag seemed to be about in the same class as Omega for many but has long been overtaken in terms of developing fresh new models and attracting consumers. Just my opinion..

Master
    I think it does devalue the brand to some extent yes, there aren't many watch brands which have a range of outlet shops! I have been to the Bicester Village one several times and as mentioned, ususally have loads of watches some with pretty good discounts. They also stock Zenith in that one too and have certainly been tempted by some of those. Like other brands, they hve had a lot of price increases in the last 5-10 years and until recently, I haven't seen a lot of nice looking new models emerging. Without trying to sound pretentious, I'm not sure that many people worried about Tag resale values would buy theirs from a high street AD with no discount...

Craftsman
    I think Tag's image has been depleted and as result they are losing sales. I think their watches have been overpriced for ages so its probably just a reflection of what people think they are really worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdude View Post
    They also sell Tags at Cheshire Oaks outlet at massive discounts new. Once a desirable brand, I feel that Tag has not much to offer these days. Seems like they are struggling to turn over their stock. I remember Tag seemed to be about in the same class as Omega for many but has long been overtaken in terms of developing fresh new models and attracting consumers. Just my opinion..

^ Its an opinion that I am sure is shared here.I used to be a massive Tag fan but over the last 4 or 5 years have not seen anything from them that I would consider.An interesting thread on WT from last week.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-Swiss-watches

Swiss watch prices in general have become quite grotesque. The companies aim at nouveau riche Chinese/emerging market customers who buy these watches no matter what to show off. Still, European and American die hard fans, suffering from Stockholm syndrome and trapped in marketing bubbles, jump the loop and are willing to pay X000 $/€/£ for run-of-the-mill stainless steel offerings. Until just recently. It seems like some companies have set their sights too high, with Tag Heuer being a prime example. Tag prices have been discussed just recently on this very forum, and yes, quality/brand image to price ratio is expecially poor on these watches.
    Last edited by JMH; 5th October 2014 at 13:42.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I was in the tag shop yesterday at York retail outlet,I'm not really a massive tag fan but I thought I'd have a look,the discounts on offer were massive,watches that retail for 3500 could be had for 2200.There was a rose gold ,I think it was a calibre s,it retailed at 16k,on offer at 8k.It surely must devalue the brand,and second hand prices for people who have bought from high street retailers and not received much discount.For the tag lovers though it's worth a visit
    Zeniths are also discounted heavily at these outlets but that is studiously ignored in discussions about Zenith. The problem with TAG for this forum, on the whole, is the brand name and the signals it portrays internally and externally, not the discounting policy.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!