closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best company to service my JLC Amovox 1

Best company to service my JLC Amovox 1

Hi all, hoping someone can help me here, I'm looking to have a JLC Amovox 1 serviced, and although JLC themselves are the obvious choice, does any one have any other recommendations? As i'm not too keen on the time and price that JLC quote from past experience.

I doubt you'll find anyone to do this apart from JLC - they don't let independents have parts.

If it's just a lube and regulate job, maybe.

What is the lead time and price out of interest ?

Most of these watch companies run a monopoly on parts, I had the same problem with my Cartier, they just won't sell the parts to anyone so it keeps all the servicing work in house and at a very tidy margin.

Master
    Unlike SWATCH and Rolex, Richemont have no accreditation process in place to assess independents, so the only way of avoiding a Richemont Service Centre, would be if an independent was a former employee and still had the contacts to acquire genuine parts.
    Looks like you'll just have to suck it up and stick with their own Service Centre.
    Whilst any really competent watch repairer could service it (assuming it doesn't need parts), it's what happens afterwards, should something give up the ghost – you'll be forced to send it to Richemont then, so overall it would be a false economy.
    That's the uncertainty principle – knowing whether you'll get away with a cheaper service or end up paying more in the long run.

Have a chat with Andrew at AS & Associate, and see if he will take a look at it for you (subject to the above caveat) or suggests you just let Richemont deal with it.

Grand Master
    JLC seem to have it all stitched up regarding parts availability. I don`t know any independents who will touch them, but there may be some.

JLC servicing won`t be cheap, and that's the hidden cost of ownership.

Paul

Grand Master
    Bill Rice serviced one for me a couple of years back; it was a watch I`d been asked to service before I realised that parts were restricted. Bill agreed to service it because he had a mainspring in stock; the watch needed a new spring if I remember rightly.

Always worth asking him, he's a good guy to deal with.

Paul

Thanks for the help all, I've used Bill in the past for a couple of Rolexs, he did a brilliant job, but i didn't realize he could do JLC, I'll give him a call and see what he says. thanks

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougjim8 View Post
    Thanks for the help all, I've used Bill in the past for a couple of Rolexs, he did a brilliant job, but i didn't realize he could do JLC, I'll give him a call and see what he says. thanks
    Officially, I don`t think he does....but he's worth a try.

Paul