closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SM 300. Crap photo, cannot spell Seamaster, but...

Master

SM 300. Crap photo, cannot spell Seamaster, but...

Having just got myself the parts to assemble a NOS SM300, I was interested to follow the progress of this Ebay item:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2680222316

The seller has 0 feedback, the photo is an Ebay classic, and the title reads Seanaster (sic). Not auspicious, I thought, but the more I looked the more I thought... well, maybe this is a good one - there is something quite genuine in the seller's approach!

Others must have thought so too, though I see the winning bidder also has 0 feedback, as it fetched over £400.

I thought about it, but decided that it was too risky for me - the advice I have read suggests only bid on Ebay if you can afford to lose the money - but I would be interested to read if you on BMW would have thought this was worth a shot?

Si

I would have immediately passed on this one, whether or not £400 was affordable. A good one from a proper source wouldn't be much more, save the pennies and limit the risk.
    Gray

Master
    I thought a mil SM300 would be much more than that, but anyway, I was quite tempted when this was around the £250 mark - after that, no way.

But I agree - very high risk, but I am sure serious bidders emailed the seller for more information +/- better photos.

Si

Yep, a genuine mil SM300 would be 3 times what this one went for. I'd want to see much better pics before considering bidding though - somebody may have got a bargain or maybe they've got a total fake - impossible to say from what we see here. As you say, Si, if you can afford to lose the money, a gamble possibly worth taking.

Cheers

Foggy