closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Re-setting Hands - Advice Please

Master

Re-setting Hands - Advice Please

Hello Gents,

I am after a bit of advice regarding the hands on my watch. I have owned a stunning blue dialled Rolex Oysterdate Precision for a couple of years now and due to me being very fussy I have been unable to wear it. I am sure it is a simple fix but the hands do not line up quite right. When the hour hand is lined up with the hour marker the minute hand is at 7 minutes past the hour.

I know, probably over fussy but it bugs me. The question is can anyone recommend me (preferably someone from the forum) someone to reset the hands for me so that I can finally get around to wearing it.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

All the best

Steve

Master
    7 minutes? Seven minutes! SEVEN minutes!

Out of curiosity, where is the hour hand in relation to the hour index when the minute hand is at 12? And is it in the same relation to each & every hour index?

As to your question, it should be an easy fix. That said, it depends on how it happened in the first place.

It is an easy fix. Any of the watchmaker regulars on the board should be able to re-set your hands. walkerwek1958 comes to mind - I'm not in the UK, but Paul's posts always seem well informed. I'd trust him with just about anything.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TakesALickin View Post
    It is an easy fix.
    It should be an easy fix, but that depends on why & how it happened in the first place. 7 minutes is a lot for a hand to be misaligned during (re-)assembly, even by a cack-handed watch-repairer.
    Last edited by Tinker; 18th September 2014 at 22:44.

Master
    Hello Gents,

Thanks for the replies.

Hello Tinker, I have just checked the watch again and the minute hand is actually 5.5 minutes past the hour when the hour hand is in line with the hour marker at all 12 markers. Having checked alignment the other way when the minute hand is on the hour marker at 12 half the hour hand is visible to the left of the minute marker.

I am hoping the hands were just set slightly out of sinc.

Regards

Steve

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TakesALickin View Post
    It is an easy fix. Any of the watchmaker regulars on the board should be able to re-set your hands. walkerwek1958 comes to mind - I'm not in the UK, but Paul's posts always seem well informed. I'd trust him with just about anything.
    Thanks....only problem is that I don`t work on Rolexes! If anything goes wrong or gets damaged I can`t get replacement parts.

7 minutes out of alignment is a lot; the hands need removing and refitting. Anything more than 1 minute is fairly obvious on a watch of this size and I wouldn`t be happy with it either. I`m sure there are plenty of repairers who would be happy to do this job.

Paul