closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hirsch Performance straps

Hirsch Performance straps

Anybody have any experience with these straps? Are they really "the best of both worlds?" Are they worth the premium price tag? I mean, that's half-way to the cost of a decent pair of shoes but with far less leather...

I like the look of this one though:

http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/coll...own-0925002070
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 10th September 2014 at 17:43.

That does look good, tempted for my U1 but looks a bit thin to me. The wine range look very good though

yes they are worth it
    i have the hirsch robby
    its possible the best , really , really strap i have ever owned. that thing really breathes , very comfortable

Master
    Excellent straps. 30 months warranty too, who would ever dare offer that on a strap before?

Master
    Heck I'm convinced... Just purchased a Robby for my U1. :-)

I've got the black and red Andy on my Avenger Seawolf.

Really happy with it.

M

Black and red Robby arrived for my U1 and its great - every aspect sends very well thought out and the result is very a very well made and soft strap, whilst chunky enough at the lugs to really match the chunky U1. I can't imagine swapping it back - as others have said possibly the best strap I've ever owned!

Craftsman
    I concur with the enablers! I bought a Hirsch Robby for my seiko monster .. an expensive strap for an inexpensive watch .. i honestly do not regret it one iota! enduring quality and comfort.. now i keep wondering how it would look if i were to buy an explorer :)

Journeyman
    they seem to get a great review these straps , worth the money its seems.

Master
    Yep.... another vote here.
    I got a Robby for my U1 a couple of weeks ago. Looks great and the strap is extremely comfortable.

I think they're missing a trick not making an all black version of the Robby - although I think there is an all black version with a carbon fibre finish?

i like mine :)

Finally picked up one of these, a Hirsch James in gold brown. It doesn't disappoint, comfortable, waterproof and sweat-proof.

Always been tempted by the Robby. But the price put me off (out weighing the watch I wanted it for). Glad to hear the quality is up there, shame they don't suit one of my more deserving pieces.

Master
    Got one on my Seamaster pro one of my dailys and its stood well up to the test of life in general.

I've stopped wearing mine on my U1 as it seems to thin for the weight of the watch head. Too much red on display too - oh well!😢

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I've stopped wearing mine on my U1 as it seems to thin for the weight of the watch head. Too much red on display too - oh well!😢
    Thinking of trying one of these on my HC chrono, would i have the same problem? (Weight i mean not the red, thats not an issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Thinking of trying one of these on my HC chrono, would i have the same problem? (Weight i mean not the red, thats not an issue)
    I doubt it, the HC isn't very heavy.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I doubt it, the HC isn't very heavy.

M.
    Thanks, just need to save up and order one

Craftsman
    I got this brown Hirsch Paul for my Seiko.

http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/coll...own-0925028010

Looks much better in real life and didn't mind been taken into the shower everyday.
    The only thing I didn't like is that due to the fact that the inner liner is rubber it doesn't really breaks in. It would try to straighten and by doing so putting a slight pressure at the sides of my wrist. Most might laugh about this but I found it uncomfortable.

Well having worn my U1 on the dimodell chronissimo for a few weeks now, and having got a bit fed up with it smelling like old socks after a few days on my wrist ( which a good rinse never seems to get rid of entirely - and is a bit odd as it's winter and I'm not in general sweaty/smelly!) I put the Robby back on last night and have to say I might have been a bit hasty! It is just so well made and the materials scream quality, it has a very 'engineered' feel which suits the watch, and whilst a normal leather strap can feel a bit clammy in use (especially if it gets a bit damp every now and again when worn 24/7) this is very comfortable and allows your wrist to breathe. I'm going to give it a month and re-review!

Journeyman
    Apologies for dredging up an old thread, but I'd like to know how these straps look/feel after a year of wear. Would you buy one again?

Master
    I can't help but I just put a black Performance (croco-style-ish) on my Longines Conquest Sport and it has made the watch for me as I couldn't get the bracelet to fit properly. I think it was £54.

Craftsman

Black strap

I have a 22mm black croc hirsch strap with red stitches
    If you are interested

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Anybody have any experience with these straps? Are they really "the best of both worlds?" Are they worth the premium price tag? I mean, that's half-way to the cost of a decent pair of shoes but with far less leather...

I like the look of this one though:

http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/coll...own-0925002070
    I had this same strap on an Aquaterra I bought from the forum, it really made the watch for me was very comfortable and looked great!

Master

Hirsch Performance strap - outstandingly good

If anyone's even half-considering a Hirsch Performance strap, then don't hesitate! It's the most comfortable strap I've ever worn, beautifully made and the materials scream quality

It is just so well made and the materials scream quality ... whilst a normal leather strap can feel a bit clammy in use (especially if it gets a bit damp every now and again when worn 24/7) this is very comfortable and allows your wrist to breathe.
    Also, I think Hirsch Performance straps look better in reality. Photos don't do them justice.

They are very good but I have had cheaper ones that I feel are roughly as good.

But it is hard to tell with leather goods once you get to makers who are all using high quality materials professionally put together.

For example I really rate the 29 Euro Steinhart pilot straps, they last for years and age wonderfully

Master
    I too like Steinhart’s straps. However, Hirsch’s Performance range are the only leather straps I’ve found that are truly waterproof (not merely water resistant).