closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A risky Ebay Attesa

A risky Ebay Attesa

Are my chances good? I'm hoping the poor phone pics don't do it justice and all it needs is a few hours in the sun?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=331314012839

Seems auction got culled? Or did you make him an offer?

It was 150, offered him 100 accepted 120 and he re-listed with a 120 bin

May be just a brick I dunno, seems a genuine fella, found it in a drawer unused for 3 years. Just a hope a long day in the sun revives it.

Hopefully it works. Keep us updated :)

Will do, turns out it's a woman seller who has found ex husbands watch !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Will do, turns out it's a woman seller who has found ex husbands watch !
    And she sold it for more than he told her he paid for it.

A risky Ebay Attesa

lol, most likely :)
    Last edited by Daveya.; 8th September 2014 at 21:15.

Minter!!

And if fits, just, although I'm ideally one link short

More later after some sun bathing....,

Attachment 6839

There should be a micro adjust clasp on it. Great deal on it!

Wanted yours but couldn't afford :)

Anyway, it lives, just needed a reset and some sun

Anyway Lenny, 50 quid for one link, just one.......I need to tempt you to sell

Aw man...wish I'd seen that one...I'm after an Attesa :-)...if you decide to sell.....

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Minter!!

And if fits, just, although I'm ideally one link short

More later after some sun bathing....,

Attachment 6839

That is a fantastic deal you got there. The Attesa Skyhawks are great watches. Scratch resistant Duratect Titanium and all.

Does that one have the trick sliding clasp for adjustment on the fly?

Mitch

A risky Ebay Attesa

Yep it's got that clasp . It's for duratect titanium and certain parts are dlc treated, such as bezel and pushers. Lenny has the special edition which is full dlc treated ( he has it for sale on WUS)

Both our watches are sapphire coated both sides , atomic and solar, a lot of watch for the money
    Last edited by Daveya.; 11th September 2014 at 19:19.

Well, 120 quid for a 700/800 quid watch, that's to crappy photos , a poor listing and a husband who forgot about it.

Luckily it fits but ideally I need another full or half link so I can make use of the adjustment clasp, it's fully open at the moment.

Brushed duratect titanium with bezel dlc treated, solar, atomic alarm chrono world timer, with sapphire ar coated both sides

What's not to like?

I've no idea what the 24hr dial does? Nothing in the instructions, any ideas?

In all it's glory

I suspect the 24hr dial on the right just gives an analogue view of wether you're AM or PM, i.e. its linked to the main hands.
    Looks brilliant, BTW. Now I've given you advice I expect to jump to the top of the queue when you want to move it on

Please take this in the spirit it is intended - you jammy sod. :-)

Good guess :) all it does is count up in hours, 12 midday it points to 24. I'm not sure what function it has beyond balancing the aesthetics of the dial . I doubt I'm gonna move on such a bargain. The duratect titanium and double sided ar sapphire are just so good.

If I'm disappointed in anything it's the 100mtr water res, 200 would be perfect but hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Please take this in the spirit it is intended - you jammy sod. :-)

Fortune favours the brave :)

I just left an Attesa second hand search in EBay, it's been there maybe as long as a year. Each week I just take a look and hope. This poor lady was just clearing out her ex hubbies 'junk' but knew it was worth a bit as she bought it! She took terrible pics and had no sniffs.

Just gotta be patient I suppose and take the rough with the smooth.

Boom, sourced a link via WUS. I love the internet

Excellent... Great news sir... I looked at the dlc attesa on WUS but looks a bit knocked up and pricy... I'm tempted by one of the latest oceanus or attesa's from Mr higuchi.... Great do it all daily beaters.. Used to have an oceanus ocwm800 chrono and it was superb for the cash

It takes a lot to knock up a DLC treated Duratect, so yes, best to avoid it as it must have been badly abused.

The one I have looks great, in grey brushed titanium, light weight, duratect, solar atomic alarm chrono timer, double coated sapphire and great micro adjustment in the strap.

The only thing not to like about the Oceanus/Atessas is the price, 700 quid for the latest models.

Try eBay seller 'shopping-in-Japan'

The value of the pound isn't helping but if you go to his eBay shop, then negotiate to his web page, the prices are cheaper there, probably to allow for offers in eBay.

He has new and old models. The latest Atessas have a unique roller on the strap for comfort

Yeah, I used to have a full dlc mrg-7500, great watch but did pick up a few scratches and obviously can't be'polished' out... I'm getting prices for the oceanus ocw-s100 (£330 from seiya) or the chrono ocw-t2500 (about £440 from higuchi) as a daily beater/smart watch to go with the traser and g shocks.. Decisions decisions

For me as long as they are sapphire, solar, atomic, duratect then 330 is a steal, plus import charges blah blah.

I like the older Atessas as they have a decent alarm and a great bracket.

I think the s100 is a great watch btw

Yes mate, decided to go for the dark faced ocw-s100...

Pic? The Oceanus is a high quality watch and it's highly regarded on WUS, never handled one myself but they have a great rep

I'll post a wee review once I get it but looks a very nice do it all and I won't mind taking the odd scratch :-) from the nice Mr seiya San.http://www.seiyajapan.com/products/ocw-s100-1ajf

Really liked my ocwm800 super chrono... Was the us version without the Casio branding.. Flipped it and regretted it

Yes, the Attesa and Oceanus are great watches, well known in Japan and US but relatively unknown here

Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    I'll post a wee review once I get it but looks a very nice do it all and I won't mind taking the odd scratch :-) from the nice Mr seiya San.http://www.seiyajapan.com/products/ocw-s100-1ajf

Really liked my ocwm800 super chrono... Was the us version without the Casio branding.. Flipped it and regretted it

You will not regret it - I absolutely love mine - it's currently my most worn watch

That's good to know mate... How does it wear size wise ? I've got 6.75 inch wrists and not a fan of huge watches without a wide bezel to disguise the size

Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    That's good to know mate... How does it wear size wise ? I've got 6.75 inch wrists and not a fan of huge watches without a wide bezel to disguise the size
    It wears pretty small - partly because of how thin it is.

What a great deal.! Was you specifically looking to buy this particular model, or did you just stumble upon it?

I find, that when I am looking for a specific watch on the bay, they always go for silly money. I ended up finding one on ebay.de, a good few hundred euros cheaper than the sales on ebay.uk

Yep, I've had various Attesa searches saved in EBay for two years second hand. The only ones that come up are battered trade-ins normally from oriental sellers. WUS have one every now and then and go for between 400-600 dollars depending on condition but nearly always conus.

This model I like as it's brushed grey duratect titanium with dlc treated pushers and bezel so for me it looks the part.

The seller messed up the listing with bad pics and description but knew it was worth a bit because she bought it for the ex!!

It went unsold and she accepted 120 posted. Plus I had to bribe someone on Canada to sell me a link, this bracelet is integrated and very expensive, that cost me 60 quid.

So all in 180 for a watch that was 1000 new and 700 discontinued, a lot of watch for 180 quid and in mint condition.

Just needed a reset and some sun :)

Glad you picked up a spare link mate, all in its still a cracking deal and a smashing watch !