closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New seiko prospex arrived yesterday

Journeyman

New seiko prospex arrived yesterday

Yesterday i recived new seiko prospex and i am very excited with it and i just can say it looks and quality with all bunch of details like watch of 1000£ not 500£.
    Oh, and rubber is so nice and soft.
    Here are picture

Good looking and colourful number. Lovely casual summer watch.

That looks fantastic

a man of exceptional taste

I have found this case wears much better on the rubber than the bracelet for me, my stooped flat topped wrists mean the first link from the end links tend to sit up and dig into the wrist after a short while. I find the same with the tunas too but not the 600? my wrist shape aside the sun0 range has to be one of the best value for money watches produced for a long time by anyone.

I love how tall the raised hour markers are, it gives it loads of depth. Very nice

Cool

I like that one and nice with some colors......

These are really looking top notch and a second person to say how expensive the fit and finish is. I am seriously tempted!

Tell me, owners - which hand moves in one hour steps? Is it the main hour hand, or the GMT hand? Thanks!

good pick...BNW never shows the true character of the design...sorry!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deerworrier View Post

For anyone interested I'm fairly sure there's a shop in Glasgow's Argyle Arcade that has these in stock, £500 iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Tell me, owners - which hand moves in one hour steps? Is it the main hour hand, or the GMT hand? Thanks!
    Main hand moves in 1 hour steps, GMT takes 24 hours to make a single rotation, hence the markers from 2 to 22 on the inside of the dial.

Welcome to the club. Great to see a bit more colour in your new addition. Great watches, amazing build quality and mine only gains 1 second over 2 weeks!

Just put mine onto a rhino.

Last edited by Flashharry; 3rd September 2014 at 08:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashharry View Post
    Main hand moves in 1 hour steps, GMT takes 24 hours to make a single rotation, hence the markers from 2 to 22 on the inside of the dial.
    Ah, a proper GMT, then, like the old Kinetic Landmaster. I thought it would be, but someone else made a post recently that had me doubting myself. I wonder if the SUN019 is still on the SC...

Thanks for answering.

Craftsman
    Lovely!

What's the size of these?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk Hoving View Post
    Lovely!

What's the size of these?

Huge, 47.5mm and nearly as high.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    yup, huge just about covers it! and around 15mm high but sits nice on the wrist if you have flat wrists anyway. wears a little bigger than the Omega PO 600, I think the relatively short lug length makes a difference. it actually feels more comfortable on me than my IWC big pilot! again due to the lug length it think. no matter what though, its not for the twig wristed or 36mm brigade that's for sure.

and for Qatar-wol I can also confirm it is a true GMT adjustment. hour hand independently set.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashharry View Post

Just put mine onto a rhino.
    that looks pretty damn good mate how does it hold on the wrist? I use the Bonetto rubber 300L (sinn type clasp and cut length) as it can be loose but the watch head still stays put. does the nato hold it well?

that looks pretty damn good mate how does it hold on the wrist? I use the Bonetto rubber 300L (sinn type clasp and cut length) as it can be loose but the watch head still stays put. does the nato hold it well?
    The bracelet is very comfortable. But as it's such a top heavy watch, it did sometimes slide down my wrist leading to the crown digging into the back of my wrist.

On a rhino, its perfection. doesn't feel tight to wear and no slippage. Just need to try it on a less bulky nato, when I can track one down.

That's one handsome looking watch. Congratulations.

I really love these new prospex divers! The sun019 is the first on my wish list right now. Congrats! And wear it in good health!

and for Qatar-wol I can also confirm it is a true GMT adjustment. hour hand independently set.
    Thank you - I've just snagged the one on the SC. Will report back when it arrives!

Journeyman
    Thanks everybody. I enjoy mine yelow prospex but i am thinking to have and orange also. but still thinking.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivo-ST View Post
    Thanks everybody. I enjoy mine yelow prospex but i am thinking to have and orange also. but still thinking.

Congrats on the watch and this is the colour combo I like but it's no doubt, way too big, for a girly 6.5" wrist like mine.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Yikes..., thanks, I'll remove it from my wishlist then, that is just too darn big for my small wrist...

Nice.
    If you like the looks, I do, I can't imagine what watch will beat it in quality in that price range.

Just ordered one myself, something about this watch that i couldn't resist, got it for a decent price too i think

Will no doubt post pics/opinion when it arrives

Thats 2 incoming (may have to take a break soon)

Just a quick heads up, bought mine from here

http://www.jherronandson.co.uk/watch...p1-p2617/s2644

With the first order discount it took the watch down to around £400 which seems a good price to me (i am sure it will be much cheaper when more supply meets demand) but most still for sale at around £450-£500

Unfortunately it seems i bought the last in stock though, looking forward to getting my hands on it, kinetic doesnt worry me in fact it appeals (have auto and solar in my small collection) just leaves me lacking a nice quartz dress watch to find in the future :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Just a quick heads up, bought mine from here

http://www.jherronandson.co.uk/watch...p1-p2617/s2644

With the first order discount it took the watch down to around £400 which seems a good price to me (i am sure it will be much cheaper when more supply meets demand) but most still for sale at around £450-£500

Unfortunately it seems i bought the last in stock though, looking forward to getting my hands on it, kinetic doesnt worry me in fact it appeals (have auto and solar in my small collection) just leaves me lacking a nice quartz dress watch to find in the future :)

Great head up, thanks for that!

I'm very tempted by the blue/yellow handed model which takes it below £400.

Cheers
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post

Cheers
    Neil
    Great price for what looks like a great watch!

Also i got 40k points which makes me a bronze member with 5% off i think
    Last edited by Montybaber; 6th September 2014 at 10:09.

Cheers
    Neil
    Did you pull the trigger? There seems to be no more prospex watches on the site? (Or am i being thick)

Just received my SUN019.
    What a watch! Seiko at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Just received my SUN019.
    What a watch! Seiko at its best.
    Congrats! It is the first on my wishlist since it was released! I haven't pulled the trigger yet, as I'm a little bit concerned about its size. It looks huge on many wrist shots and I mainly prefer smaller cases, still I like it a lot!

Journeyman
    Can anyone tell me the lug-to-lug? I think that is more interesting for the wrist.

Bye, Klaus

My 19 arrived yesterday!

Grand Master
    Looked at this very watch earlier today .

Very nice too.

Master
    Did you pull the trigger? There seems to be no more prospex watches on the site? (Or am i being thick)
    Yep , couldn't resist with the price as good as that. May prove too large for my wrist but well worth a punt.

That really is an absolute corker.

Yep , couldn't resist with the price as good as that. May prove too large for my wrist but well worth a punt.
    Exactly my thoughts but i think due to the case design it doesn't look 'silly' big on any wrist i have seen yet

Obviously its a huge chunky watch but thats the style

Grand Master
    Raffles Jewellers in Keighley stock it.

£499 with 15% discount if you ask ;-)

How much was the one above and from where?.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Raffles Jewellers in Keighley stock it.

£499 with 15% discount if you ask ;-)

How much was the one above and from where?.
    I think it was the 21 and around £388 from Herron and son
    Last edited by Montybaber; 6th September 2014 at 23:47.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwind View Post
    Nice.
    If you like the looks, I do, I can't imagine what watch will beat it in quality in that price range.
    You are absolutly wright. I have it for a few days now and it is realy looking like far more expensier watch than it is. But material, like sapphire crystal and so nice and so soft rubber, and all the details on the watch make it the best watch on the market in that price range and more.

Master
    Exactly my thoughts but i think due to the case design it doesn't look 'silly' big on any wrist i have seen yet

Obviously its a huge chunky watch but thats the style
    Well I've had an email to say its been dispatched so will post some pics on my 7.5 inch wrist once I have it. Should be ok and I've owned a 600m Tuna in the past. We shall see.

Cheers
    Neil

I have found this case wears much better on the rubber than the bracelet for me, my stooped flat topped wrists mean the first link from the end links tend to sit up and dig into the wrist after a short while. I find the same with the tunas too but not the 600? my wrist shape aside the sun0 range has to be one of the best value for money watches produced for a long time by anyone.

Where did you get the rubber for the sun019? I am taking delivery of one this week and pretty sure I will be switching the bracelet out.

There are a couple of threads about these new Prospex watches, but I'm replying to this one as it's the one I previously posted in! My SUN019 arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm rather impressed. It's big and heavy - I've been wearing the titanium Landmaster Springdrive, and the steel's taken a while to get used to. Lume is great, and the thing just feels like it's hewed from solid steel. It's a tank. The bezel feels quite hard to turn - there's a limited proportion of the circumference that's grip able, and you can only get a shallow grip. But that's my only gripe.

It's really growing on me. Maybe time to upgrade:

Gray

Quote Originally Posted by dicky8588 View Post
    Where did you get the rubber for the sun019? I am taking delivery of one this week and pretty sure I will be switching the bracelet out.
    I use this strap for most of my larger watches. v.comfy, holds the head of the watch snug without being too tight and costs a fraction of the Sinn equivalent.

http://www.bonettocinturini.it/en/ca...aps/300-l.html

then swap out the clasp for a Boschett extension clasp and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    There are a couple of threads about these new Prospex watches, but I'm replying to this one as it's the one I previously posted in! My SUN019 arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm rather impressed. It's big and heavy - I've been wearing the titanium Landmaster Springdrive, and the steel's taken a while to get used to. Lume is great, and the thing just feels like it's hewed from solid steel. It's a tank. The bezel feels quite hard to turn - there's a limited proportion of the circumference that's grip able, and you can only get a shallow grip. But that's my only gripe.

Its is a lump but what a lump, had mine on since it arrived and so impressed, i am looking at 24mm natos though to change it up occassionally

Journeyman
    Are these likely to be carried by any high street retailers? I'm sorely tempted but the heft factor is putting me off an internet purchase. I'm in Sheffield and willing to travel to try one 'in the flesh', but according to the Seiko.co.uk 'Where to Buy' page, no AD is carrying the 021.

Craftsman

Loving mine in black on the SS bracelet. This a Tuna quality watch and a fantastic price, feels and looks in the flesh like a proper Prospex quality watch, real heft to it too.

Been a while since I've been so pleasantly surprised by a sub £500 new watch. I might just have to have another one in a different colour on rubber.