closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RS5 detailed by our very own Taff

RS5 detailed by our very own Taff

James (Taff) of Ti22 Detailing has just finished a 2 day detail on my RS5 and what a result!

He deserves some recognition so thought I would start a thread to show the quality of his work, I wish I had some before shots to show you!

Big thanks James, you now have a regular customer

Craftsman
    Stunning car.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    James did a fabulous job on my previous S500 . This reminds me I must get my current one to him before the winter.

Craftsman
    My wife's boss has an S5 and I really don't like the look of it, but that RS is in a completely different league.

Very nice work on it too.

When you say two days, how many hours did he work on your car and if you don't mind me asking what was the cost?

That looks like a top job. As you mention yourself, it would have been nice to see a before and after, but as it now looks like showroom, it doesn't really matter.

Lovely looking motor too.

Ps- lose the plate now you've upgraded ............... Runs for the door lol

Excellent job.

Where is he based?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    Excellent job.

Where is he based?
    When he did my car he was in Newport Gwent I guess he is still there.

Thank you.

My local chap has thrown in the towel ;) , so I need to find a new detailed; however, that is too far from me.

Blog Entries
    He has done a proper job on that and what a car, fantastic

I really do need to get round to sorting mine out, having brilliant black paint is not the most friendly to keep clean and the net effect is tons of swirles so need to get that sorted bit once polished and waxed it doesn't have look good.

Looks proper decent that
    Gray

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    He has done a proper job on that and what a car, fantastic

I really do need to get round to sorting mine out, having brilliant black paint is not the most friendly to keep clean and the net effect is tons of swirles so need to get that sorted bit once polished and waxed it doesn't have look good.
    Pointless spending money on a mechanical polishing exercise if you don't have the regime in place thereafter to prevent putting marks back in – you're removing an amount of paint to level the surface, so there's only so much to work with, especially if pre-owned or after the dealer's crew have given it a mop over!
    There are a number of filler products available that will reduce the majority of swirls, but obviously it'll need re-doing every so often, depending on product and how often the car is washed.

A full correction detail would be best kept for when you're selling – it's not a waste of £300 or so, as it'll be easier to sell and may result in a getting a sensible asking price rather than low-balled.
    Last edited by PJ S; 22nd August 2014 at 22:18.

I bought the car a while back and it always needed a pro job to get it "better than new" as I had it as the second owner, I'm over the moon now :-)

I may be selling soon also so it's nice to have it at its best ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Pointless spending money on a mechanical polishing exercise if you don't have the regime in place thereafter to prevent putting marks back in – you're removing an amount of paint to level the surface, so there's only so much to work with, especially if pre-owned or after the dealer's crew have given it a mop over!
    There are a number of filler products available that will reduce the majority of swirls, but obviously it'll need re-doing ever so often, depending on product and how often the car is washed.

A full correction detail would be best kept for when you're selling – it's not a waste of £300 or so, as it'll be easier to sell and may result in a getting a sensible asking price rather than low-balled.
    Yup totally agree with you there, I actually inherited the majority of my swirlies from the previous owner and the rest coming from Audio themselves when they decided to use what must have been sandpaper to clean parts of my car. What I meant was I'd love to get it sorted and then I'd make sure it remained that way.

Blog Entries
    I love my coupe but that is in a different league...

Lov it

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    There are a number of filler products available that will reduce the majority of swirls, but obviously it'll need re-doing every so often, depending on product and how often the car is washed.

Broadly I agree with this. However there are products such as GTechniq which I think are worth applying to protect the paint surfaces less from the point of view of detailing but rather that they provide a barrier to road grime etc. I had this done on a new car recently and have been impressed by the ease with which dirt etc just washes off. More remarkably the stuff on the windscreen means much less frequent used of wipers.

A presale detail for a private sale will probably pay for itself but would obviously be wasted on a trade in.

Sorry OP, forgot to say Nice Car. Likes a drink though, as I recall

Nice looking car. No idea how this differs from the "non-detailed" version?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Nice looking car. No idea how this differs from the "non-detailed" version?
    They're usually quite a lot dirtier!

Master
    Thanks for the comments Guys.

To answer a few questions :

I have a workshop in Newport south wales but work all over the country. This detail was done in North Wales at my parents place, where they have cover for me to work. I also have access to premises to work in Central London. (very close to tower bridge) I am GTechniq, Swissvax, Mitchell & King and Autofinesse Approved. I detail full time and have been detailing for many years!

The work on this RS5 was my enhancement detail, which includes a thorough wash and degrease (including wheel arch inners, wheel inners, fuel filling area etc etc), paint decontamination (including fallout removal, claying and tar removal), 2 stage machine polish (removes light to medium swirl marking, enhances gloss, clarity and depth of colour of vehicle) and finally some decent protection. This car received 2 coats of GTechniq EXO & GTechniq Glass sealant. Vehicle interior Valeted. Tyres dressed & Exhausts polished. Normal cost of this package is £325 plus £75 for the additional GTechniq protection - standard price includes for the more basic GTechniq C2V3 OR Swissvax Endurance, depending on the vehicle and its use. TZ discount available!

For anyone else attenending, I will be working for Swissvax at this years Salon Prive again, and for RM auctions's Battersea Auction next weekend be great to see you there!

Happy to answer any more questions.

Thanks,

James

Website server recently crashed, but more info at www.ti22.co.uk or facebook, twitter & instagram pages which are updated daily!
    Last edited by Taff; 1st September 2014 at 16:14.

Blog Entries
    Blimey James, I wish you were based in Warwickshire, my A4QPB would be first outside your door!

Craftsman
    Great job. That looks immaculate.

Master
    Just had 4 days work done on mine to remove all the damage done by the supplying Audi dealer and another local Detailer who actually managed to make it worse!

http://youtu.be/oU6bYc0mIOE

Master
    Hi,

I y doesn't replace a detail by any stretch of the imagination but I used an AutoGlym clay bar kit on my cars a few weekends ago. It made the paintwork come up like new. Due to the hard work and time it took, it will become an annual treatment for the car. My Wife's car is a light colour and had attracted a lot of dirt/stains which a wash didn't remove. The clay did the job. £45 for the kit. Brilliant