closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wladimir Klitschko sparring with Anthony Joshua

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

Wladimir Klitschko sparring with Anthony Joshua

Gentleman and Boxing ambassador Wlad has taken Anthony Joshua, 2012 Olympic champion and huge British hope, into his camp as a sparring partner.

I think its great he has, it will give Joshua a sense of perspective of his own level compared to the holder of almost all the belts in the division.

I also believe Wlad is weighing HIM up, ever the chess player, to see if he should fight him or not....

It's amazing to observe the boorish bull of fury/chisora et al, compared to the statesman attitude of both Klitschko brothers....

I've high hopes for Joshua. Even in the early stages of his professional career he seems a class act and outside of the ring is clearly a grounded young chap. I can only see this being a good move for him personally in his continued development.

Fair play to Wladimir.

Boxing is always full of the 'next big thing', but with Joshua he does seem to be one of the few that I would actually invest in. He seems to have real talent, drive and a good personality. It would be great to see him take the likes of Fury or Chisora apart with solid boxing skills, like the unforgettable Hamed v Barrera.

I have huge respect for Wladimir and you almost pity him as he clearly has incredible drive and tenacity but is reduced to fighting the current run of bum contenders.

Banned
    heavyweight boxing is next to dead. its boring as watching paint dry, theres nowt happening and greed has reduced it to a sad joke.

I agree, I think. Joshua is going to be a class act.

Without trying to digress, or steal the OP post. One that I consider a serious contender for numerous world titles is Chris Eubank Jr. Sometimes his bravado upsets the crowd, but from what I've seen he is quality: patient, picks his shots and willing stand and trade toe-to-toe if needs be. He doesn't have that knock out punch yet, but he will strengthen up as he gets a little older.

Craftsman
    Good experience for joshua. In 3 years when he's hopefully read for a title shot, wladamir will be on the verge of retiring.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post

Without trying to digress, or steal the OP post. One that I consider a serious contender for numerous world titles is Chris Eubank Jr. Sometimes his bravado upsets the crowd, but from what I've seen he is quality: patient, picks his shots and willing stand and trade toe-to-toe if needs be. He doesn't have that knock out punch yet, but he will strengthen up as he gets a little older.
    Would like to see Eubank JR and Billy Joe Saunders go at it. I think Eubank will only get better as his competition improves.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Essexstu View Post
    Would like to see Eubank JR and Billy Joe Saunders go at it. I think Eubank will only get better as his competition improves.
    Eubank jr has definitely got some big fights to come. As a Sheffield lad I'm also looking forward to Kell Brook knocking out Amir Khan, although Khan is understandably holding out to fight Mayweather.
    Last edited by oddgitt; 21st August 2014 at 19:32.

Quote Originally Posted by oddgitt View Post
    Eubank jr has definitely got some big fights to come. As a Sheffield lad I'm also looking forward to Kell Brook kocking out Amir Khan, although Khan is understandably holding out to fight Mayweather.
    Will that involve a low blow (job)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Will that involve a low blow (job)
    Hahaha, damn these fat fingers and small phone keypad!

I don't see Khan getting Mayweather, as he can get better paydays fighting someone without a glass chin.

Joshua is certainly proving to be a class act in and outside of the ring, lets hope he continues to having the right people around him. I liked it on Sky sports Ringside special with Larry Holmes where he offered to train AJ. Let a true great get hold and mould him into something truly special! The likes of Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora don't fill me with any hopes, David Price I cant see getting much further either to be honest and David Haye should re-retire.

The fight I'm waiting to see is Bellew/Cleverly. That's got some spite to it.

Fish

Craftsman
    Mayweather-Khan makes massive commercial sense though. Mayweather has 3-4 fights left and is all about the money. Other than pac man or a cotto rematch there isn't a bigger fight out there for him.

Shows how big klitchko is he makes Joshua look small and he is massive himshelf! He does look good, with Eubanks jr (see video of him on pads with mayweather sr very good!) Carl Frampton also seems to be going somewhere.

Sadly for joshua he may never get a real test and therefore may never reach his true potential, I think, be suprised if he's not a world champ at some point though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post

Eubank snr is my favourite boxer of all time. He could box like Ali, he could brawl like Tyson and if he had't had a serious crisis mentally after the Watson fight, where he acknowledges he lost the desire to knock out an opponent, he would have been one of the greatest boxers ever. That Watson fight was brutal.

He worked the media and fans with his fake arrogance, monacle, silly clobber and driving a truck.

He poLarised opinion, but this had the effect of making his fights (at his peak) UNMISSABLE.... You always wanted to watch because you really wanted him to win, or you REALLY wanted to him to lose.....but either way you were compelled to watch!!!!!!

Naseem Hamed copied Eubanks style, gobby and silly shorts, vault over the ropes etc.. It really sold tickets/created interest/hate!!!

Eubank jr is playing the same long-game, fake arrogance and calling out a couple of more experienced guys already....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    heavyweight boxing is next to dead. its boring as watching paint dry, theres nowt happening and greed has reduced it to a sad joke.
    I don't agree.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hellominky View Post
    I have huge respect for Wladimir and you almost pity him as he clearly has incredible drive and tenacity but is reduced to fighting the current run of bum contenders.
    The issue nowadays is the lack of characters and "stand out" boxers to me... There are a lot of excellent boxers but none of them catch the imagination in the heavyweight division..... What I'd give for a Bowe or a Holyfield, never mind a Tyson of Lewis!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    The issue nowadays is the lack of characters and "stand out" boxers to me... There are a lot of excellent boxers but none of them catch the imagination in the heavyweight division..... What I'd give for a Bowe or a Holyfield, never mind a Tyson of Lewis!!!
    Who do you rate in the heavyweight division?

I'm not being sarcastic I'm genuinely interested. I can't think of anyone other than the Klitschko's who could stand a chance in the division 10 or 20 years ago, charisma aside I just don't see the skillset.

Steve

Banned
    I don't agree.
    If youre happy with a mediocre fight every other year or so then perhaps your expectations arent very high.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    If youre happy with a mediocre fight every other year or so then perhaps your expectations arent very high.
    Josh, I've said I don't agree. Let's just leave it at that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hellominky View Post
    Who do you rate in the heavyweight division?

I'm not being sarcastic I'm genuinely interested. I can't think of anyone other than the Klitschko's who could stand a chance in the division 10 or 20 years ago, charisma aside I just don't see the skillset.

Steve
    Excellent boxers at the moment in the heavyweight division:-

Deonte wilder, the Russian guy povetkin plus there's briant Jennings, Anthony Joshua....
    Last edited by RJM25R; 22nd August 2014 at 16:59. Reason: Typo

Banned
    Josh, I've said I don't agree. Let's just leave it at that.
    Fine. Nobody's forcing you to discuss an issue thats apparently of interest to us both if you don't want to.

Craftsman
    Excellent boxers at the moment in the heavyweight division:-

Deonte wilder, the Russian guy povetkin plus there's briant Jennings, Anthony Joshua....
    Wilder has no skills. His record on paper is good but who has be really beaten except a scared to get hit Aforce?