closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy... Really good!

Master

Guardians of the Galaxy... Really good!

I went to see Transformers in IMAX recently but wasn't that impressed, even though I'm a massive fan of Megan Fox, erm, I mean the previous films.

Tonight though, I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX... Really good! Funny and has a decent story line, plus the effects are pretty darn good! If you like your women bright green, the main female character ain't too bad either!

It's a 12a but everyone was at least double that in the audience.

Although I didn't see it in IMAX, I loved the film. It just had everything.

Great pacing. It was funny. Decent special effects. Good action. Each characters had their time to shine. And the soundtrack was superb!

Great film.

Snap. I went on Saturday (2D) with very low expectations (killing time while car being serviced, and using a free PruHealth ticket) and it blew me away, great special effects and some good laughs. Thinking about going again actually. The 8.8 IMDB rating was justified after all. So glad I opted for this instead of Inbetweeners 2.

As for green lady, I'm sorry I looked up the actress - she looked much better on screen.
    Last edited by jukeboxs; 14th August 2014 at 01:11.

Ditto. Loved that it offered something genuinely different and not taking itself too seriously is always a good start. Really good depth to the cast as well considering its a lesser known comic book. Great central performance from Chris Pratt who also voiced Emmett in the Lego Move (which was Awesome!) and played a great character in 'Parks and Recreation'. Looking forward to volume 2.

P.S. Even the wife really enjoyed it after vowing to go off shopping instead and then now really glad she changed her mind.

Yes, can't wait to see this as it has a really good spread of reviews.

I saw it, thought it was OK at best.
    If you're a fan of the green girl (Zoe Saldana) I recommend Columbiana - she's awesome in that.
    How many people who are Dr Who fans will watch GOTG without realising her "sister", the blue one, is played by Karen Gillan, AKA Amy Pond, the girl who waited?

Haven't seen Karen Gillan's character in the film but isn't this the film she had to go bald for?

Blog Entries
    Total rubbish, boring as hell but ended up being a great chance to catch up on some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Haven't seen Karen Gillan's character in the film but isn't this the film she had to go bald for?
    That'll be it.

S'alright.

It's a lot less funny than it thinks it is.

Good plot? What plot?

Craftsman
    Is it worth taking my eldest too? He's 8

Saw it last week. Loved it, really great film and funny too.

I thought it was fine. 7/10.

The plot was average at best, but the film was lifted by the small funny bits of dialogue and facial expressions rather than the central theme.

There was nothing really bad about it, but I was really hoping it was going to be excellent given the glowing reviews.

Very good indeed, what an SF movie should be like.

Grand Master
    Is this the movie with the superhero squirrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    Is this the movie with the superhero squirrel?
    Genetically altered Racoon.
    So, kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by duffy78 View Post
    Is it worth taking my eldest too? He's 8
    If he's he a mature 8 year old he should be OK. There' a lot of violence, but none too graphic. My 10 year old loved it, and I thought it was a hoot as well.

It is pretty violent, though little blood, and lots of innuendo, though little nudity.

I really enjoyed it although it was a bit cheesey at times.

Total rubbish, boring, average at best , No central theme. Jeez some people are hard to please. Not sure what you really expect from a film. Each to their own of course but for me it delivered exactly what it set out to do. 😊

Craftsman
    My first thought was 'space raccoons' - won't be watching that. Since then I've heard a lot of good things about it, so will have to give it a go. Inbetweeners 2 tonight though, so it will have to wait. Need to catch Dawn of the Planet of the Apes first too.

Master
    It was a likeable enough flick with some nice moments but I wasn't crazy about it. Agree it wasn't as funny as it thought - the main guy was just trying too hard and made me miss Downey Jr's low key comic flair & the raccoon was 'comic relief' straight out of a Disney movie. I liked the other 3 but they didn't get to do much - kept waiting for the final character who would make the team interesting to turn up but s/he never did...

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    As for green lady, I'm sorry I looked up the actress - she looked much better on screen.
    IMO she looks virtually identical in real life except without the green skin and facial ridges. Each to their own but I'm struggling to picture your type!

One of the better comic book type efforts of recent times.

Blog Entries
    ok at best 7/10

Blog Entries
    We went earlier today. Very nice entertainment. 8.5/10 or so on IMDB. About correct, I think.Nothing more, nothing less. Mind you, the songs were really nice and a few I hadn't heard in years!

Menno

Master
    Saw it in 3D the other week andaside from a couple corny parts liked it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Yes, can't wait to see this as it has a really good spread of reviews.
    Well, didn't have to wait long; went out Sunday to see it, only about a dozen of us in the cinema. Really, really good. It matched my expectations perfectly. Surprised that Joss Whedon wasn't involved in this as it has a bit of a Firefly vibe about it.

Saw this yesterday.. we all enjoyed it.. even the missus..

Loved the old songs...

saw this without really knowing much about it to kill some time over the summer.
    actually really enjoyed it, didn't need to take a comfort break during the movie, so normally means held my attention for the full film!

heard to wait till the end of the credits as with most marvel movies to see the hidden scenes, didn't think it was worth it except a talking duck.
    worth a trip over the summer.

Master
    Watched it tonight and enjoyed it. Loved Groot's grin when he turned to the others after flattening the bunch of bad guys.

Craftsman
    It's no classic but it was an enjoyable film and not too taxing. I'd watch it again happily. I really don't know what a Vin Diesel did for his money, though. According to IMDB there was some other guy who was 'On set Groot'. So that left saying, 'I am Groot'. I could do that.

Journeyman
    Very different feel from the other recent Marvel films, some good humour and great music. I've made a GOTG playlist on Spotify!