closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: iPhone6

My ailing 4s seems to want to go on forever, so I have decided to wait a little while before changing phones. Much as I'd like a new 6, for as long as the 4s does its job, I will stick with that.

/sensible mode off

I'm used to the size of the 6 Plus now. The SwiftKey keyboard really helps with the size and is easy to use two handed. The display is gorgeous and now that apps are getting updated to take advantage of the higher resolution they look great too.

Grand Master
    I think the 6 is a really nice aesthetic upgrade and I havent spent enough time using a + to comment, I think the plus is a winner but not ideal for me personally as I have it in jeans pocket mostly
    RIAC

Got a 6 on Sunday when I dropped my 2 year old 5 and smashed it good and proper.

Feels a little big in the hand, but the screen size makes it much easier to use for email/browsing. Battery life so far seems exceptional compared to the old one.... maybe the battery was on it's last legs.

Migrated last week to 6 from 4s and quite like it so far bar annoying gesture (back/forward) feature in safari which I'm sure I can turn off.. Have to check and double check that it still in my pocket as it that thin and light in comparison to the old one :)

Upgraded to the 6 (64gb), and glad I did not go for 6+, but it all depends on usage / lifestyle, a bit like choosing an omega PO I suppose!

Craftsman
    Migrated from 5s to 6/128gb. Hardware is nice. Its very slick and a bit weird to grip. The 8.02 software is super buggy. Broke bluetooth on both my BMW & Mercedes. Safari crashes. Facebook crashes. Screen locks. Lags. Aasargh!!!! Hopefully 8.1 is better when it releases in 1-2 weeks.

Morgan

Now I found the opposite.
    I tried the 6 but its just too big to get my thumb all over the screen and I have big hands!

I dont want to go back to two handed use plus ios 8 seems to be a reall improvement now I have it installed on my iphone 5s. Its generally a little quicker, love the new keyboard and much better battery life also more control of stuff in the settings app, +++

Needless to say I'll be staying with my 5s!

Quote Originally Posted by london lad View Post
    Now I found the opposite.
    I tried the 6 but its just too big to get my thumb all over the screen and I have big hands!

I dont want to go back to two handed use plus ios 8 seems to be a reall improvement now I have it installed on my iphone 5s. Its generally a little quicker, love the new keyboard and much better battery life also more control of stuff in the settings app, +++

Needless to say I'll be staying with my 5s!

I felt the same using my 6 at first but I bought a silicone case which gives more grip and can now use one handed.

The battery life on the 6 lasts twice as long over the 5 imo.

Here's a link to the case I bought. Cheap and cheerful but good quality and improves grip.

Yousave Accessories iPhone 6 Case Clear Silicone Gel Cover by Yousave Accessories http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MUQTUZ..._Cqwpub1AZ26RG

Blog Entries
    Had a play with the 6+ the other day and loved it! Trouble is I always go for the top RAM and heading towards £800 is simply too much cash given that my 5 works fine. FFS Apple, chuck in a case for the top of the range 6+, I know your customers are not used to any added value, why not surprise them?

Finally, FFS2, test your damn software upgrades before you release them, hardly rocket science, is it? Drrrr!

Craftsman
    1 week delivery time on the apple cases. Hope I don't break it before that. Fingers crossed!!!

M

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    I felt the same using my 6 at first but I bought a silicone case which gives more grip and can now use one handed.

Here's a link to the case I bought. Cheap and cheerful but good quality and improves grip.

Yousave Accessories iPhone 6 Case Clear Silicone Gel Cover by Yousave Accessories http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MUQTUZ..._Cqwpub1AZ26RG

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post

Thanks. I've ordered one and will try it out on one of the 6's in the office. I have a feeling I'm going to be sticking to the 5s though

When I got my 6 I bought the silicone case but later discovered the leather one was a lot nicer to hold and didn't add as much extra bulk, Apple were happy to take it back and swap for the leather one even though it was more than 14days from purchase.

Journeyman
    Yeah, the Apple leather case is really nice.
    It isn't aniline leather like the 5s case, so it won't start discolouring and fading within 30 seconds of use.
    It's pretty expensive for a case, but well finished and feels pleasant in the hand.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Only thing with the apple cases is that not many go with the space grey phone.

Master
    I got the white silicone case to go with my white iPhone6, even though I think it will get mucky quickly... though I must say after almost a week it's held up pretty well and is still as gleaming as the day I first fitted it!

I am just waiting for the really snazzy third party cases to start coming out (affordably - i.e. when they arrive in TKMaxx!)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Only thing with the apple cases is that not many go with the space grey phone.
    Since you can only really see the (black) front of the case, I think most of the cases go with the colour. I have the brown one, but I would be happy with the navy, red or black one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have the brown too, prefered the old lighter brown to be honest. On a side note, this may of interest to peeps having Bluetooth issues.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/01/...tivity-issues/

Master
    In the "real world" I have 3 acquaintances who have the 6+, and all regret it...

That said, it seems to be outperforming the regular 6 in terms of sales, but there seems to be many cases of regret

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have the 6 plus and would find it hard to revert back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    I have the 6 plus and would find it hard to revert back!!!
    Agree - no regrets here. I've had mine for 24 hours so far and love it. You can surf without having to zoom in. I can see myself using my ipad mini much less now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yep - I think im done with my ipad to be honest!

Craftsman
    I just sold my ipad mini retina - and i only have the ordinary iPhone 6. Its huge. The Plus is silly. :)

JUST IMHO.

m

Quote Originally Posted by doubledee View Post
    I was a happy iPhone 4S user since launch (other than the battery and poor wifi) and looked at the 6 but opted for the Sony Z3 compact after trying one in-store. It's nearly half the price of the equivalent 6 (plus memory card) and the performance is great so far. It has excellent battery life and is waterproof so it should do me for hill walking. I miss a couple of iPhone only apps but I have managed to find others and so far I am not missing IOS at all.
    +1
    Its funny, I have done exactly the same, i went from a 4S to the Z3 compact. I am much happier with it compared to my old IPhone and I'm sitting here in the rain writing this i couldn't be happier :)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I'm used to the size of the 6 Plus now. The SwiftKey keyboard really helps with the size and is easy to use two handed. The display is gorgeous and now that apps are getting updated to take advantage of the higher resolution they look great too.
    Agreed

I still don't like the size of it in my pocket but I simply don't reach for the iPad anymore.

If I used an iPhone for work and had to cart one about in my pocket I'd get the standard 6. But for those like me with varifocals and the fact it's a personal phone so lives in a briefcase, it's a truly nice thing to own and use.

Journeyman
    Any one else having issues with their iPhone 6 wifi, I am close to smashing it up the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post
    Any one else having issues with their iPhone 6 wifi, I am close to smashing it up the wall.
    Mines fine 😜

Nope works well on 'n' and older protocols.. Actually it's extremely fast IMO on quality wifi.. What sort of issues you're experiencing? I assume you've tried rebooting your router? Bar that you can always reset your phone to the factory config and reinstall from back up file..

Mines been fine, across a series of networks in the last few weeks

- - - Updated - - -

Lots.
    There's a multi page thread on Macrumors.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1781815
    Post 320 seems to have some useful info.
    It's a 'known issue' in iOS8 apparently...
    Mines arriving Wednesday so I'll see what happens.

Master
    Blog Entries
    As much as I love my iphone, Apples latest software development is buggy as hell.

Think they are making far too many models across their entire product line and software is suffering big time

As much as I love my iphone, Apples latest software development is buggy as hell.

Think they are making far too many models across their entire product line and software is suffering big time
    This has always been the case with the release of every major IOS version. App suppliers have to play catch-up too so best wait until the dot-one gets released before upgrading.

Craftsman
    Actually 6.0 was decent, but yes, every other big release have had issues.

Anyways - it's official - i'm retuning is iPhone 6 standard. 128 gig. As is the mrs. with hers. The 4.7" is beautiful, but we got two phones, one has backlight bleed in the edges, they both have the iOS 8.02 bugs with no bluetooth (FFS apple!! at least TEST it), really weird shit going on in safari, and the form factor and size is not working for me at all. Its hard to operate with one hand like you do on the smaller sized 5s. Annoys the hell out of me. Im considering just reverting to my old 5s or maybe going Vertu. The Signature Touch is pretty neat and has a good size.

morgan

I'm sticking with the Plus, after two weeks I'm used to it and like it. It's a grower

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    This has always been the case with the release of every major IOS version. App suppliers have to play catch-up too so best wait until the dot-one gets released before upgrading.

True but I have never seen it this bad (ive been an iphone user since gen 1)

True but I have never seen it this bad (ive been an iphone user since gen 1)
    You're not wrong. It's a glitchy little bugger, like you I've been there from the start and this ranks as one of the worse updates.

However, ordered my new 6 on Friday for delivery Monday

Where's the sheep smiley when you need it!

I have no glitches?

Speaking of bugs.. I've just discovered that I can no longer grab images http link (from web pages) by holding my finger on the image > copy. It copies image itself rather than http link so when I try to post it here nothing is to paste in the dialog box. I can paste and see image in the text box however forum software won't display it once posted or in the preview - agrrrr

Press and hold your finger to the image, you should get two options, save image and copy, the latter obviously isn't the link. That works fine on my iPhone 6

Quote Originally Posted by doubledee View Post

I was a happy iPhone 4S user since launch (other than the battery and poor wifi) and looked at the 6 but opted for the Sony Z3 compact after trying one in-store. It's nearly half the price of the equivalent 6 (plus memory card) and the performance is great so far. It has excellent battery life and is waterproof so it should do me for hill walking. I miss a couple of iPhone only apps but I have managed to find others and so far I am not missing IOS at all.
    +1
    Its funny, I have done exactly the same, i went from a 4S to the Z3 compact. I am much happier with it compared to my old IPhone and I'm sitting here in the rain writing this i couldn't be happier :)

Don't know what you're boasting about, ios7 waterproofed my 5s

Last edited by number2; 19th October 2014 at 12:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Press and hold your finger to the image, you should get two options, save image and copy, the latter obviously isn't the link. That works fine on my iPhone 6
    Yes I can copy image itself but I need its http link (as what 'copy' did with previous OS) in order to 'Insert image' using forum software (button next to Insert video and quote one).

You can't just copy and paste image directly in the text box, see results below (image appears as an empty square)

^^
    Last edited by VDG; 19th October 2014 at 12:28.

Yeah it does, just tested it, ' 'copy' lifts the full http address

Might be the forum and not the phone?

Odd, I can lift (my original) image from your post above and copy it to Notes, text and email app which will display it just fine, but when I'm trying to copy it to Safari or another browser, maps etc address field (which won't accept anything but text) it won't let me as there is nothing to paste which tells me that 'copy' doesn't lift http addy but rather graphic file itself which you can subsequently dump in to a graphic aware app but not a dialog or address boxes.. I'm using OS8 btw.

I'm on tapatalk

The copy function clearly works on the phone so it must be the forum software . There are settings to chose from

Checking with attachment rather than Tapatalk

[IMG][/IMG]