closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Schipol Airport watch pricing questions

Schipol Airport watch pricing questions

Gents

First time at Schipol today - was frankly gob smacked at some of the prices of Rolexes there - £5.6k for brand new SD 4000, ND sub £3.8k and so on.

I'm assuming there is no VAT obligation upon return to blighty? Shop (Gassan) confirmed even though I was travelling within EU I could benefit from the duty free prices.

Craftsman
    Yeah the discounts look good. Do any of the other Gassan boutiques off the same discount I wonder?
    I'm planning a trip over in the next few weeks. I can have a few days over there and a new watch for the price I'd pay in the UK.

Master
    Outside EU it's tax free and inside EU you get a discount.
    The price is basically the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Gents

First time at Schipol today - was frankly gob smacked at some of the prices of Rolexes there - £5.6k for brand new SD 4000, ND sub £3.8k and so on.

I'm assuming there is no VAT obligation upon return to blighty? Shop (Gassan) confirmed even though I was travelling within EU I could benefit from the duty free prices.
    id they have any Daytonas ?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    id they have any Daytonas ?
    Yes but not SS models that I saw.

Master
    They are cracking prices. Can that be beaten from any other AD?

Also remember the Sterling is rather strong compared to the Euro and that is also why the prices in Schiphol are 'perceived' cheaper......

Master
    Gents

Yes, the prices there have been highlighted by Henk, on a thread I started last week as regards best place to buy a 114060c.

If I'd have known you were travelling through, I would have asked you to pick me up a Sub! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Antony23 View Post
    Yes, the prices there have been highlighted by Henk, on a thread I started last week as regards best place to buy a 114060c.

If I'd have known you were travelling through, I would have asked you to pick me up a Sub! ;)
    Still here until Sat am so I could get you one. I think they were 5k euros for memory (ND Sub) or maybe a tad more

Master
    Still here until Sat am so I could get you one. I think they were 5k euros for memory (ND Sub) or maybe a tad more
    Will PM you.

Has anyone been through Schiphol in the last week? I was thinking about taking a quicky jaunt to Amserdam early next week, but there doesn't seem to be any way to check availablity beforehand.
    Last edited by rasputin; 24th August 2014 at 18:02.

Journeyman
    Blimey, great price for a new SD.

Hmm. Wonder if I can spend airmiles to get there for free ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Has anyone been through Schiphol in the last week? I was thinking about taking a quicky jaunt to Amserdam early next week, but there doesn't seem to be any way to check availablity beforehand.
    And are there any other western European airports with watch shops that still offer VAT-equivalent discounts for in-EU travellers?