closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad today for me: The theft of most my Seiko watch collection please keep an eye out

Sad today for me: The theft of most my Seiko watch collection please keep an eye out

Bad day for me today the theft my watches from my home last night. I only realized this morning at 10am. I must have disturbed them as the cat disturbed me and I put him out downstairs. Could have been worse no trashing just one and half draws of mainly Seiko watches. Some left in draw two so must have disturbed them thankful. This is in the UK BTW.

So below is the last draw picture I took before reorganising them in a nice new study I had built. Some were not taken thankfully like my avatar watch and some bells and 6105's, 6117's

From what I can remember the following were taken

So
    2 x 6309-7040 average original dials one on a lumpy
    1 x 6309-7040 AM dial and hands black date window
    1 x 6309-7040 bubble boy tuna dial
    4 x 6138s one panda one ufo 2 x JPS
    7 x 6139's 2 x helmets one x pulsation two x pogues 2 x other
    1 x 7s26-0040 xmas special with guards removed
    1 x 7s26-0030 FFF guards removed and triplock mod
    2 x bellmatic
    1 x 6105-8000 average dial
    1 x 7016-8000 on original strap on of my favs.
    1 x 7025 poor mans xmas on original strap
    1 x 7548 on original 0020 bracelet
    1 x 6117 GMT with original strap but endlinks loose and tampered with
    1 x 5126 diver rare and a favourite
    2 x Sekonda gold automatic 2427 on original bracelets
    1 x 4205 diver

I'll update more as I remember and I'm getting more and more angry as I remember what I have lost!!!!!

Master
    So sorry to hear it. And it looks like these robberies are encountered very often lately.
    I hope you'll recover them soon.

By the way, what model is in the 2nd pic? The one with Professional 300m on the dial and the sword hands. It definitely isn't a MM or a Tuna.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    really sorry to hear about this, but at least when you disturbed them it did not turn sinister,

where in London are you? its good to know sometimes in case someone is in the area, so they can watch out in local pawn shops/pub sales etc

Master
    So sorry to hear this. It sounds like they knew where to look... Could it be someone you know?

That's crap! Do you have the serial numbers, because you should pop them up on the Lost & Found thread if you do.

Gutted for you.

I hope something turns up. A collection that size will be hard to shift unnoticed.

Journeyman
    Oh my God, how terrible. The main thing is that you are ok as wtaches can be replaced on the whole.

A good excuse to go shopping for new ones :-)

I can only begin to imagine how gutted you are.

That is terrible news Merritt. I am gutted for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mihaixp View Post
    So sorry to hear it. And it looks like these robberies are encountered very often lately.
    I hope you'll recover them soon.

By the way, what model is in the 2nd pic? The one with Professional 300m on the dial and the sword hands. It definitely isn't a MM or a Tuna.
    Its a modified 6309 7040 .....

So sorry to hear of this, Ill keep an eye on ebay , some of those are pretty scarce and would flag up in a saved search, like the 0634 5009 in the bottom right of the draw pic....

Craftsman
    Ah, nightmare. Sorry to hear this. Was anything else taken or did they target the watches?

FFS, sorry to hear about this. Thieving scum.

So sorry to read your terrible news.
    Gray

Journeyman
    Sorry to read such hideous news. I hope you and your watches are eventually reunited.

Gutted for you melt. I hope the insurance claim sees you ok ?? Best wishes dave
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

This makes me sad and angry :(

Gutted for you.

Terrible news pal. Get those photos down to the local police station they can update them on their stolen property database especially if you have serial numbers for them they love that.

That is a nightmare! I really feel for you.
    I hope you get them back eventually.

That has prompted me to photograph and note the serial numbers of all my watches.

Master
    I am gutted for you, hope they catch the scum bags.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry. That is a dreadful thing.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    Ah, nightmare. Sorry to hear this. Was anything else taken or did they target the watches?
    No thankfully. I think I disturbed them when the cat disturbed me and I put him out. Some watches were left in the 2nd draw down so something must have stopped them stealing the lot.

I still look in the top draw hoping to see them but alas its still very empty.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    really sorry to hear about this, but at least when you disturbed them it did not turn sinister,

where in London are you? its good to know sometimes in case someone is in the area, so they can watch out in local pawn shops/pub sales etc

I'm in Enfield north London so will give the local ones a visit in a few days.
    Last edited by Melt; 5th August 2014 at 17:38.

An Englishman's home seems to no longer be his castle. I'm so sorry you were robbed and hope that many if not all of them make their way back to you. The feeling of being burgled is a really horrible one, so I hope you can get over that soon too. I'm in Brighton, so it's unlikely they'll appear down here, but you never know...

I'm gutted for you! ... that must be devastating and the fact that someone was in your house stealing off you while you slept!! They want a fking good hammering! Terrible :(

Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    I'm in Enfield north London so will give the local ones a visit in a few days.
    The police should be able to help you with that and can save you some leg work.

Master
    OMG i so hate Thieves!!! 😡😡😡

Sorry to hear this Melt! 😞

That's incredibly unfortunate.
    Hope you recover them somehow.

That is awful. Make sure the police have copies of all the photos and serial numbers.

Ah Jeez, this is pretty poor.

Do you have the serial numbers of these?

As these are more of a WIS collection, I imagine these could end up on ebay / cash converters etc. and with a list of reference, it may help in the recovery.

Such a shame to read of this though - hope all gets sorted.

Chris

I too add my sympathies. Gutting that something so personal & a collection that has no doubt taken a while to amass can be so thoughtlessly & callously stolen. As mentioned the only saving grace is you and yours came to no psychical harm.

Master
    Really sorry to hear that, I know how much sentimental value a collection you've amassed over time can have. It shouldn't have taken hearing about this for me to start keeping a record of all my serial numbers...

Barstewards! Hope the buggers get caught and you get your collection back.

If they took nothing else then maybe you were targetted?
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Sorry to read about this. Probably more gutting than the theft of a few high-end watches as such a personal collection has obviously taken a lot of work and thought to amass.

Hope there is a happy outcome.

Craftsman
    That's terrible, am so sorry for you. At least no one was hurt, hope the bastards get caught.

Master
    Awful news, hope you get them back and the culprits are caught.

Sorry to hear this but why do you keep your watches in a drawer and not in a safe?

Awful thing to happen and I wish you all the best

I had an intruder a few weeks back and it's a horrible thing. We heard him and I was able
    to chase after him. He got three iPads and to cut a long story short he ended up through a brick wall, pepper sprayed and arrested. Been in court and due for sentencing next month

its not a nice thing to happen and I hope you can
    move on from it and be recompensed in some way or with return of your watches

stay strong
    Last edited by Bootsy; 5th August 2014 at 19:27.

That's devastating, really horrible thing to have happen.

I know you think you disturbed them and perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems odd they went straight for your drawer of watches, unless they knew exactly where they were. Have you had anyone in the house lately you wouldn't normally? Trades people or anything like that? Otherwise it seems even more targeted?

Journeyman
    Sorry to hear this. Such scumbags!

Looks like you had some fair time and effort invested in your collection. I hope you can recover them.

Heartbreaking

Sorry to hear about this

Man, that totally sucks, those scumbags. I'm so sorry for you.
    At least nobody got hurt, some consolation...
    In the States, burglary is treated as Home Invasion (which is exactly what it is) and carries major prison sentences - proper order IMO.

Bad news,keep your eyes open on ebay,let people know where your based,you never know they mite be trying to offload in the local pubs

Craftsman
    There's got to be a couple of unique ones in their, that might help track the lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Utred View Post
    There's got to be a couple of unique ones in their, that might help track the lot?
    I'm not sure how the typical scrote would dispose of a pile of Seikos... I guess given the number and value (as perceived by the unenlightened) they might well end up on eBay? Certainly worth creating a few Saved Searches for the more describable ones...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by garmee View Post
    That's devastating, really horrible thing to have happen.

I know you think you disturbed them and perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems odd they went straight for your drawer of watches, unless they knew exactly where they were. Have you had anyone in the house lately you wouldn't normally? Trades people or anything like that? Otherwise it seems even more targeted?
    This is my thinking as stated above

If you are planning to check out cash converters and 2nd hand shops get it reported to the police first. That way they can keep a look out and contact the police if anyone does come in to try and sell them.

I really feel for you having had my first small collection nabbed in Fulham in 1982 - Nothing like
    as serious as your loss but horrid just the same, my grandfathers and fathers pocket watches both 18kt
    with gold chains, my fathers retirement watch a Vertex Revue 18kt as well - not that the gold really mattered,
    wife's date just and all sorts of stuff I have now forgotten about. I even wore the pocket watches to work in
    the city.

Either the thieves were lucky or they had information or it's someone you know.

I really hope you get a result, the insurance helps but the feeling of loss is really awful. Chin up!

David

Master
    Is it just me or are we having deja vu here? Isn't this the second watch burglary in recent weeks on this forum?
    ????