closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple Safari explorer for Windows ....

Apple Safari explorer for Windows ....

Just trying the new Apple Safari for Windows XP. Seems pretty fast! I'm giving it a try out though I will probably stick with Firefox.Anyone tried it yet?

:)

Rod

Been using it on Mac for donkeys years.

Makes Explorer on my Windows notebook seem positively vulgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73
    Been using it on Mac for donkeys years.

Makes Explorer on my Windows notebook seem positively vulgar.
    But it doesn't work properly on network 54. :wink:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Been playing with it for a day now, and it's VERY beta.

I wouldn't be encouraging anyone on Windows to make the switch quite yet.

Grand Master
    Been playing with it for a day now, and it's VERY beta.

I wouldn't be encouraging anyone on Windows to make the switch quite yet.
    :(
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Never mind another browser; it is about time Apple had the courage of their convictions and released OS X for standard PCs. It wouldn't interest me at the moment but the next release of this (Leopard) is looking very nice indeed.

...it even is beta (at least it works like an early beta) on osx :roll: :shock: :wink:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

didn´t run on my Vista machine

Mine ran ok on both XP and Vista but couldn't find a spell check plug-in and the Google toolbar won't go, so Opera still for me.

Spell check is already present, at least in the Mac version. Google search box too.

Journeyman
    Been trying Safari on my PC...keeps crashing. Only doing this coz I 'inherited' son's G4 Powerbook, but in a typically inept moment decided to load the re-install dvd to try and cure a power management problem.

Now still have the power problem... lost Tiger, left with what might well be Jaguar or Panther, no Tiger install disc...and will have to wait till October for Leopard to come out rather than splash out now.

Think I'll go lie down in a dark room. :shock:

Spell check is already present, at least in the Mac version. Google search box too.
    The built in spell checking doesn't seem to be working in the beta, so had hoped for a third party plug-in option but no joy so far. Anyone else found one?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW
    Been trying Safari on my PC...keeps crashing. Only doing this coz I 'inherited' son's G4 Powerbook, but in a typically inept moment decided to load the re-install dvd to try and cure a power management problem.

Now still have the power problem... lost Tiger, left with what might well be Jaguar or Panther, no Tiger install disc...and will have to wait till October for Leopard to come out rather than splash out now.

Think I'll go lie down in a dark room. :shock:
    Apple publicity would have you believe that this sort of thing only happens to PC users. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock
    Never mind another browser; it is about time Apple had the courage of their convictions and released OS X for standard PCs. It wouldn't interest me at the moment but the next release of this (Leopard) is looking very nice indeed.
    Along with many others, I'd love to see Apple do this.
    I've followed with interest the various fora where people have managed to find the right mix of hardware to allow OS X to run on a PC base, but as long as Apple see their core business as hardware, I can't see them doing anything that would detract from Apple hardware sales.

Journeyman
    Apple publicity would have you believe that this sort of thing only happens to PC users. Rolling Eyes
    At the end of the day though, we have several machines in the house now...but give me a mac any day of the week, especially for anything to do with music, photos or film. No contest.

Journeyman
    just had my faith in apple totally boosted.
    Went to an apple shop today, where they sussed out my problem all stemmed from a dodgy 3rd party power supply...then the guy even explained to me how to re-update my operating system by firewiring the powerbook to my imac and using a re-install disc to load Tiger onto the laptop. ...saving me £80 or so
    Absolutely bloody brilliant.
    Just done it...working a treat.