closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    I only managed to watch under an hour of Skyfall before I got bored and turned it off. Over-hyped dross and becoming just one long, drawn out product placement event.
    Agreed utter pony.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I watched The Dark Knight Batman film yesterday night.

Gordon Bennett!

Nearly 3 hours of crap that just tried to get dark (mass slaughter etc) for the sake of it.

Only stayed on as my Son was watching it although I noticed my daughter in law departed to her laptop.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    'The Interview'. Not really totally rubbish, but would have been so much better with a clever script. James Franco not good. The guy who played that nice Mr Kim was the star of the show.

Best line? Talking about Katy Perry's music, Kim (or is it Un?) going all mushy and saying 'it's really empowering'

Journeyman
    Sweet god ! the wife has put "The Holiday" on again.........!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    White House Down.

If it had been made in the 80's and had Bruce Willis in it, it would have been a smash hit.

As it is, however, it's pants.
    Try 'Olympus Has Fallen' instead...same premis but,imo,a better film.

Skyfall.

More Christmas crap!

Fancy paying money to see this at the cinema.

Although we did watch it until the end unlike Avengers Assemble which managed about twenty minutes
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    The Dark Knight, what a load of tosh, and it had 5 stars in the paper review.
    Skyfall is more like Home Alone for adults.

Craftsman
    Frank - Up its own arse.

Having read the book, I gave Salmon Fishing in the Yemen a go.
    Good book, shite film. WTF did they do to the ending?

Master
    Left Behind - Nicolas Cage direct to video shocker god squad nonsense about the rapture where all the believers go to heaven and the rest of us get to suffer, not as much as I suffered for the twenty minutes before I turned it off. Utter utter pap....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Left Behind - Nicolas Cage direct to video shocker god squad nonsense about the rapture where all the believers go to heaven and the rest of us get to suffer, not as much as I suffered for the twenty minutes before I turned it off. Utter utter pap....
    Sadly I watched it to the bitter end, so awful I almost felt sorry for Nick Cage.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thought I would win soem browny points with the mountain love and went to see the latest of Woody Allen with her.

Boy have I scored big time!
    It was SO UTTERLY CRAP that it made her giggly and as such it was a double whammy. As a film however it was a complete waste of time.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    I only managed to watch under an hour of Skyfall before I got bored and turned it off. Over-hyped dross and becoming just one long, drawn out product placement event.
    The charming company wanted to go see it when it was just released. Worthwhile but not as a film.
    Ditto the last Expendables/Mercenaries crap.
    Indeed all just too simplistic.
    I would rather go to a Bridget Jones 3 than to the new Bond, but we'll see. I think the next 'must see' hype is Fifty Shades.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Thought I would win soem browny points with the mountain love and went to see the latest of Woody Allen with her.

Boy have I scored big time!
    It was SO UTTERLY CRAP that it made her giggly and as such it was a double whammy. As a film however it was a complete waste of time.
    funny my wife had the same reaction to 'A Serbian Film'

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    funny my wife had the same reaction to 'A Serbian Film'
    Not quite as 'controversial' and very well made are the films by Stephan Brenninckmeier. Those are simply good films.
    He occasionally offers one available for free live streaming from his website. My gf bought an hdmi cable especially for that.
    Especially 'Swingers' makes for interesting watching.

Master
    I watched, or began to watch, Star Trek-Into Darkness(?) last night on Sky Movies, figuring that it really couldn't be as awful as I thought first time round. What a complete pile of crap. JJ Abrams has gathered a reputation for making high grossing movies so I guess that'll do it but I found the whole thing unwatchable. The interior shots of The Enterprise look like a paint factory but I suppose it must have earned Cumberbatch a fortune. As for the rather porky looking younger Spock? No, I really can't go there. Total and absolute shite and after watching Jeff Bridges in the excellent True Grit the evening before is it any wonder that the most successful movies are The Hangovers, Bridemaids, American Pies, Night At The Museums etc..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pluseditor View Post
    is it any wonder that the most successful movies are The Hangovers, Bridemaids, American Pies, Night At The Museums etc..

No, ofcourse it is not. Most successful has to do with appealing to the most people and that is per definition smack bang in the middle of the road with a broad bandwidth.
    The 'best' movies you will need to look for in the alternative scene.
    Between brackets because, even when taking objective criteria about the photographic qualities into account, there is always a huge chunk of personal preference involved.

One recent film which totally flunked and which I personally LOVED was very average on in just about everything but for the story.
    Good film? For me it was because I HUGELY enjoyed it; Don Jon.
    Very memorable too because it got VERY negative critics by quite a few women I know but my company saw it the same way I did and as a bones got turned on big time.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I did enjoy American pie.

Master
    Grown Ups 2 - possibly THE worst film I have ever seen. I am embarrassed for everyone involved

Journeyman
    Seal team 8 on sky demand tonight.

Master
    Taken 3 - they really should have stuck with two and even that wasn't great, Taken 3 was just pants, trying to keep a 12 cert was also a bad idea as any sense of realism with fight scenes, action sequences was totally lost and the plot was so thin it was ridiculous, let's hope that really is the end of the series now!

Wonderful Life (Cliff and The Shadows, Una Stubbs, Richard O'Sullivan) is on the telly. Pretty poor, but my word Susan Hampshire was pretty.

Thomas Reid
    I recently watched Cronenberg's Scanners. Dire acting and a predictable plot. I was expecting more.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Craftsman
    "Unthinkable" (2010)

controversial subject and certainly in need for a nuanced discussion, but the detailed "practices" in the movie really made me sick. I actually threw the DVD away after watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    "Unthinkable" (2010)

controversial subject and certainly in need for a nuanced discussion, but the detailed "practices" in the movie really made me sick. I actually threw the DVD away after watching it.
    The Samuel Jackson film? I think I saw it, what was so offensive about it, honestly I can't remember.

My addition for the day is, "The Covenant" terrible film, the only redeeming feature was a nice bum flash about half hour in, directed by Renny Harlin, but had a really low budget feel to it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytol View Post
    The Samuel Jackson film? I think I saw it, what was so offensive about it, honestly I can't remember.

My addition for the day is, "The Covenant" terrible film, the only redeeming feature was a nice bum flash about half hour in, directed by Renny Harlin, but had a really low budget feel to it.
    Yes, Unthinkable with Samuel L. Jackson. The torture scenes are indeed living up to the name of the movie, up until the suggestion of torturing of children. Ghastly.

Craftsman
    The Interview: absolute bollocks and a disgrace to mankind. Lowest form of comedy I've seen in quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Yes, Unthinkable with Samuel L. Jackson. The torture scenes are indeed living up to the name of the movie, up until the suggestion of torturing of children. Ghastly.
    Maybe I didn't see it then?

Not nice :-(

Journeyman
    A most violent year. Has had great reviews but i found it really slow. Pretty sure I must've fallen asleep as I can't remember how it ended.

The Sweeney, the Ray Winston remake, on C4 last night.

Absolute rubbish. An insult to The Sweeney.
    I saw about half an hour until I gave up.

Utter crap. To be consigned to the rubbish bin of history, and the sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post

Utter crap. To be consigned to the rubbish bin of history, and the sooner the better.
    Completely agree^^ The same can be send for the recent Equalizer remake, I mean FFS, the only reference to the original 80's TV show was Washington's name, Robert McCall.

Lucy. Even Scarlett J couldn't save it.

Great premise. Though

The Lazarus Project

Didn't make it to the end, so slow I had read the wiki synopsis, and decided it was not going to get any better.

I was just about to post this. Bloody awful beyond belief.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
    I actually like this film, but if the books are better may need to find these and have a browse
    I agree loved the books.....film totally miscast

I recorded it.

Haven't heard a decent review of it.

Probably just delete it now
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I recorded it.

I quite enjoyed it! Styled very much like Miami Vice (movie, not the TV show), and Ray Winstone is as menacing as ever

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
    Lucy. Even Scarlett J couldn't save it.

Great premise. Though
    Watched this last night and yes the narration and cut scenes were thought provoking but the film itself was pretty dire.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I watched Guardians of the Galaxy on Saturday... utter drivel.

It's very unlike me to not finish watching a film, but I honestly couldn't hack any more than the 30 minutes or so that I forced myself to sit through.

Master
    Vice starring Bruce Willis, there's 2 hours of my life wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Vice starring Bruce Willis, there's 2 hours of my life wasted.
    I'm amazed you sat through it all.

Banned
    The Guest, I watched this last night, tbh it wasn't all bad, but the ending was like a bad 80's horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I recorded it.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    I quite enjoyed it! Styled very much like Miami Vice (movie, not the TV show), and Ray Winstone is as menacing as ever
    I watched it last night and enjoyed it!

Gruff cockney geezers, knee tremblers, shoot ups in Trafalgar square and long lingering shots of old London town.

What's not to like?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Unbroken.

A wasted 2 hours of my life.

Master
    Agree with Lucy. Relatively good idea but as usual with this kind of film it trails off to the point where it was tedious.

Tried Skyfall too but that was also dog poo. What happened to the good Bond films like Live and Let Die eh? I doubt we'll ever see the likes of them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post

Tried Skyfall too but that was also dog poo. What happened to the good Bond films like Live and Let Die eh? I doubt we'll ever see the likes of them again.
    Agreed.

The trouble is they used up all the great original Fleming story lines (like Live and Let Die) a while back and now mostly rely on meaningless tripe as the plots.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

^ I don't agree. The original Moonraker storyline was never used; it had absolutely nothing to do with the plot of the film. I also think it would make a very pertinent scenario for today's world of global terrorism, perhaps too pertinent.

Several of the short stories also just had their titles applied to a film with no or practically no connection with Fleming's original stories - Octopussy and The Spy Who Loved Me to name but two, but clearly these novellas don't have enough meat to fill 100 minutes of screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    ^ I don't agree. The original Moonraker storyline was never used; it had absolutely nothing to do with the plot of the film. I also think it would make a very pertinent scenario for today's world of global terrorism, perhaps too pertinent.

Several of the short stories also just had their titles applied to a film with no or practically no connection with Fleming's original stories - Octopussy and The Spy Who Loved Me to name but two, but clearly these novellas don't have enough meat to fill 100 minutes of screen time.
    I was speaking generally with stuff like Dr No, From Russia with love and Goldfinger which mainly keep to the original books.

Moonraker's storyline was very old fashioned and a bit dull so they were going to jazz it up a bit.

I agree re the others. Stuff like For Your Eyes Only was completely made up with just the titles used.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Journeyman
    Skyfall??? Really????? That's hilarious. Not only was it a great Bond film, it was one of the all time best.

Just turned Nick Love's 'The Sweeney' off after 10 minutes. Embarrassing mess.
    Last edited by beechcustom; 24th January 2015 at 21:18. Reason: sp