closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

Master
    Transformers 2, hateful bag of shit!!!

Sin City 2 was dreadful. Not even Eva Green being naked almost in every scene she is in could save it. Had such high expectations as I loved the first one and am so sad they fucked this one up so badly!!

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Sin City 2 was dreadful. Not even Eva Green being naked almost in every scene she is in could save it.
    Damn that must have been a bad film!!!

Blog Entries
    Bit of a run of bad films recently...

Vengeance

Snowpiercer

Both terrible, & unbelievably, rated 6.6 and 7.0 respectively on IMDB.

z

Blog Entries
    Gravity - utter,utter garbage.

I was praying for some shrapnel to hit Bullock right in the grill , a truly awful film

Covert Operation. Almost funny but actually shite. Twenty Northern Korean soldiers dancing around the hero and attacking him one at a time until he demolishes them all.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Johnny Mnemonic.......but I didn't actually watch it all......turned over after 15 mins.

Keanu Reeves at his most wooden!

The Invention of Lying - how Ricky Gervais has the cheek to stand up at the Golden Globes and rip the piss out other films when he made that crap I'll never know!

Couples Retreat - tries to be a formulaic Rom Com but can't even get that right, dire.

Interstellar :-(

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

^^^ this! ^^^

Words fail me to tell you how bad it is!

M.

Lucy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Snowpiercer: terrible implausible comic book story which translated badly to film
    +1 (or perhaps -1)

Snowpiercer was one of those movies I skipped through just to see if it could get worse. It did. And then some.

Master
    Total Recall (the re-make with Colin Farrell)

Glad it only cost me Ģ0.01!!

Guardians of the galaxy...... Poop..
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Guardians of the galaxy...... Poop..
    No?!

I liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    No?!

I liked it!
    Yeah, I should have liked it, it certainly had money thrown at the effects, but somehow I felt let down by it.
    Perhaps saying it was crap was a bit harsh, I guess it was typical of its genre...

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Total Recall (the re-make with Colin Farrell)

Glad it only cost me Ģ0.01!!
    I actually expected that to be worse after all I'd heard.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by flugzeit View Post
    Lucy!
    I didn't think it was all that bad. It felt like they weren't quite sure how to do the ending so that let it down.

Nativity 3. Saw it with the kids today. Clueless, witless, pointless sh*t. I love a great kids film but this was as far from great as it's possible to get. Truly, truly awful. I kept thinking it can't get any worse....and then it did....time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Nativity 3. Saw it with the kids today. Clueless, witless, pointless sh*t. I love a great kids film but this was as far from great as it's possible to get. Truly, truly awful. I kept thinking it can't get any worse....and then it did....time and time again.
    My 10 year old begged me to leave after 30 minutes. I was never so happy in my life.

Nativity 3 was as close to cinema hell you can get. Excruciatingly bad

Quote Originally Posted by johnthemull View Post
    My 10 year old begged me to leave after 30 minutes. I was never so happy in my life.

Nativity 3 was as close to cinema hell you can get. Excruciatingly bad
    You were lucky as it got 100 times worse than the first 30 minutes. My wife said the only film she's seen worse than this was the Lego movie which the kids wanted to leave after half an hour. That was so terrible she got her money back when she left.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    My wife said the only film she's seen worse than this was the Lego movie which the kids wanted to leave after half an hour. That was so terrible she got her money back when she left.
    The Lego movie was awesome! Granted my 5 year and his friend wanted to leave just before the end so they go home and try to build some of what they had seen, but got it on DVD and has been watched a few times since

In fact it's going around the office at the moment :-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cici View Post
    The Lego movie was awesome! Granted my 5 year and his friend wanted to leave just before the end so they go home and try to build some of what they had seen, but got it on DVD and has been watched a few times since

In fact it's going around the office at the moment :-)
    Any product placement in that one?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytol View Post
    Interstellar :-(

+1 A real dog of a film

Master
    Hunger Games mockingjay part 1 - a glorified trailer for the last film, took so long to get going must have looked at my watch half a dozen times, maybe 10 minutes of actual interest in the two hours running time, a classic case of ripping off the viewing public to make more money rather than just making one 2.5 hour film and covering it al, in one go. I would recommend not bothering to go and watch it now, get it on DVD a week before part two comes out and save yourself the grief (and cost) of seeing at the cinema now.

Quote Originally Posted by nictry View Post
    Hunger Games mockingjay part 1 - a glorified trailer for the last film, took so long to get going must have looked at my watch half a dozen times, maybe 10 minutes of actual interest in the two hours running time, a classic case of ripping off the viewing public to make more money rather than just making one 2.5 hour film and covering it al, in one go. I would recommend not bothering to go and watch it now, get it on DVD a week before part two comes out and save yourself the grief (and cost) of seeing at the cinema now.
    +1, my thoughts as well after watching it. A total con of a movie.

Interstellar (just got back from the flicks) is not totally rubbish but it is too long and too slow. It reminded me of 2001 A Space Odyssey which was, however, far more convincing and believable at showing the inside of a spaceship (especially the Pan Am Clipper docking), despite nearly 50 years of advances in special effects. And small but significant observation - both films feature Hamilton wristwatches.

I saw the new hunger games at the weekend with my kids - nothing really happened and what's all this 'Jennifer Lawrence great actress/isn't she gorgeous' nonsense? - one of those performances dialled in whilst she counted the pay check. Mind you having watched battle royale years ago I wonder how they get away with ripping off the whole plot!

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Any product placement in that one?
    Funny! we ended up in Lego Land Windsor a couple of months later so, yeah, worked on both me and my son

But kinda glad it did :-)

Teenage mutant ninja Turtles

Some how it was actually worse than I expected it to be, complete and utter junk, huge plot holes even for a pile of steaming crap like this.

It was actually dumber than Godzilla and no where near as enjoyable.

Master
    Another vote for interstellar here.

Quote Originally Posted by nictry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I saw the new hunger games at the weekend with my kids - nothing really happened and what's all this 'Jennifer Lawrence great actress/isn't she gorgeous' nonsense? - one of those performances dialled in whilst she counted the pay check. Mind you having watched battle royale years ago I wonder how they get away with ripping off the whole plot!

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this. I've read the book, and it is not as good as the first two, and then read a few reviews on IMDB where people said it was slow, so was expecting the worst, but I enjoyed it, possibly more than the first two.

I didn't find it slow at all.

But I agree regarding Jennifer Lawrence, I don't think she is a good actress, (quite annoying actually), and does nothing for me physically.

Now back to the crap :-)

"The Outsider" on Netflix, didn't manage to finish it, wish I hadn't started it, so bad.

Walking On Sunshine - having been a teenager in the 80's, I thought that this might be nostalgic, or even so-bad-it's-good. Turns out to be so-bad-it's-sh**e. Avoid.

Master
    Left Behind
    The fact it features Nicholas Cage should have told me...
    It's no spoiler to say most of the drama takes place aboard an aircraft... but is a Boeing or Airbus? Single aisle or twin? No auto-pilot yet Nic Cage can leave the flight deck unattended...
    That's before the drama school acting, and the ridiculous quasi religious plot...

The Inbetweeners Movie. Utter shite. Complete bollocks and totally unfunny. I love a good childish howl of a film like Kevin and Perry or Dumb ad Dumber but this was just pish as my Scottish mates would say.

Journeyman
    Recent films that were a total disappointment: Noah, Need for speed, 47 Ronin, Pacific rim... had couple more of those ''blockbusters'' but deleted them so fast I couldn't even remember the names.
    In fact, haven't seen a decent movie since The Intouchables.

Journeyman
    Left Behind with Nicolas Cage

Journeyman
    Anything with Nicholas Cage

Grand Master
    That would be pretty much anything made in he USA then.

And because of that only "watch" only until the first bit that is soooooo far fetched then off it pops.

Master
    I'm wondering, is it just me gents or are good films getting rarer and rarer lately?

Alex

Yup.. the Inbetweeners. Crap

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I gave up after about 20 minutes.

Maybe it should have stayed a secret!

Saw horrible bosses 2 last night and it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete21 View Post
    Saw horrible bosses 2 last night and it was terrible.
    Did you like the first one?

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Hammer of the Gods......absolute bollox...some sort of Viking version of Apocalpyse Now. The crap you end up watching on a night shift!

Journeyman
    I find it sooo interesting how different we all are. Films like Skyfall and Inglorious are mentioned, yet I really liked both.
    And as far as I can see no-one has mentioned Prometheus. A big budget film directed by Ridley Scott - yet utter drivel.
    I'm usually pretty happy to sit through almost any film, however bad - but this one tested my patience to the limit.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    ^^^^ very true. I think people tend to expect a bit too much from some films rather than just taking them at face value,switching of a few brain cells and just enjoying it.
    Having said that,some are utter shite!

I had a chuckle at the dance scene in the Inbetweeners Movie (the first one), but it wasn't great overall.

The most "TOTALLY RUBBISH" film I've watched, though, was "An Officer and a Gentleman".

30 years on I still feel robbed of the money I paid to see it

M

Transformers -Age of Product Placement...or whatever the last one was called.

Even my 16 year old son asked "when will this film end?"

An hour too long and by the end just a constant barrage of explosions, improbable new Transformers appearing out of nowhere and a plot made up on the day of filming. Drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by b-rad View Post
    Anything with Nicholas Cage
    His early work like Raising Arizona had something and Iīm a sucker for Con Air, but thatīs probably as much to do with the ensemble cast as Cage and of course we canīt forget the Rock, or perhaps we should...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlad View Post
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I gave up after about 20 minutes.

Maybe it should have stayed a secret!
    Agreed , never seemed to get going